These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What would happen if CCP finally nerfed hisec?

First post First post
Author
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2121 - 2014-02-03 17:56:48 UTC
Notorious Fellon wrote:

No, we are not.

You don't get to ignore PI and Moon Goo.

Income in null was fine prior to the dumb ESS. My income making in null over the years was way beyond what it ever has been in hisec. Why? Because I actually utilized all that was available, not just ratting.

Stop crying and work on PI. Also, get your fair share from moon goo.

If you are making less in null than what you can make in hi, then you are doing it wrong.

We're comparing two mid-range solo activities, hub ratting and mission running. PI is an industrial activity and moon goo is alliance level income we aren't comparing any of those here so move the goalposts all you want I'll keep watching you flail about in a rage from here.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Notorious Fellon
#2122 - 2014-02-03 18:06:22 UTC
Total income should be compared. Not just parts of it.

You don't get to cherry pick an activity from both security levels and then complain they are not balanced against each other. It is entirely irrelevant.

If you want to compare total income in hisec versus nullsec, then by all means do it. Cherry picking is nonsense. You are sitting on a passive ISK faucet (PI) and trying to pretend it doesn't exist.

It does.

If anything, we need to nerf PI so you don't get the output unless you are within range and online. As soon as you leave range, it stops producing. This would force all the whiners to return to their SOV.

Crime, it is not a "career", it is a lifestyle.

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2123 - 2014-02-03 18:11:26 UTC
Notorious Fellon wrote:

You don't get to cherry pick an activity from both security levels and then complain they are not balanced against each other. It is entirely irrelevant.

If you want to compare total income in hisec versus nullsec, then by all means do it. Cherry picking is nonsense. You are sitting on a passive ISK faucet (PI) and trying to pretend it doesn't exist.

It does.

If anything, we need to nerf PI so you don't get the output unless you are within range and online. As soon as you leave range, it stops producing. This would force all the whiners to return to their SOV.

Yeah I do get to compare analogous activities and when the highsec one is making more than the nullsec one its a huge problem.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2124 - 2014-02-03 18:12:23 UTC
Notorious Fellon wrote:

It does.

We are not comparing total income

We are comparing high sec level 4 missions with anoms which is what null sov has in place of level 4 missions.

That PI idea would break it every area of space.
Notorious Fellon
#2125 - 2014-02-03 18:46:32 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Notorious Fellon wrote:

It does.

We are not comparing total income

We are comparing high sec level 4 missions with anoms which is what null sov has in place of level 4 missions.

That PI idea would break it every area of space.

No, anoms are not "in place of" anything. There are anoms in all areas of EVE. Compare those. If you were asking for level 6 missions I doubt you would hear so much resistance. But asking for a nerf based on a ridiculous comparison won't get you much support.

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2126 - 2014-02-03 18:48:43 UTC
Notorious Fellon wrote:

No, anoms are not "in place of" anything. There are anoms in all areas of EVE. Compare those. If you were asking for level 6 missions I doubt you would hear so much resistance. But asking for a nerf based on a ridiculous comparison won't get you much support.

Are you dense or something? You clearly aren't getting it that we are comparing two of the same things and showing that the highsec one is better than the nullsec one. Look at the sheet.

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#2127 - 2014-02-03 18:51:12 UTC
Notorious Fellon wrote:

Are you suggesting there are sanctums, havens and forsaken hubs in highsec? Are you suggesting that there are anoms in highsecc that even remotely compare to them? I didn't think so.

Combat level 4 missions are generally battleship-heavy, as are the anoms I mentioned. They might not be exactly equal, but as someone who's extensively done both they're reasonably similar in terms of content and difficulty.

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2128 - 2014-02-03 18:58:40 UTC  |  Edited by: baltec1
Notorious Fellon wrote:

Go ahead and list the mission agents in sov nullsec.

Anoms are what we have in place of level 4 missions. Is this now the new tactic now that you have lost the income argument?
Josef Djugashvilis
#2129 - 2014-02-03 19:00:10 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

I understand common maths.
You apparently do not understand scientific testing, and data set controls.
You do however seem to understand deliberately lowering your results by doing things in inefficient ways.

I don't think you do, especially if you cannot read that sheet where it shows exactly how much each anomaly was worth. This is literal intellectual dishonesty coming out of you. I posted the average of the anomalies, the exact amount of the anomalies, the total time, and the average time.

You're arguing with a scientist here now and you're calling it bad testing. I posted my method and the tools I used so it is 100% reproducible. I posted what controls need to be done both a negative: belt ratting and a positive: active battleship/carrier ratting. I constructed the data table so anyone can read it no jargon. Its 100% accessible and 100% reproducible experiment. Its a good test.

You're whining about an ESS which I will not use for this testing at all because it will negatively impact others in the CFC that also use the system and there is no ESS in highsec. You can easily convert the LP gained per hour to isk hour so there isn't a problem with it either. This also is discounting that I vaguely remember CCP stating that maybe 1000 ESS have been deployed, so most of nullsec is not using the ESS in the first place.

E: As of this time now you still have not looked at the sheet.

E2: Its the closest to blitzing L4s without loot/salvage that we can get with a nullsec test.

Were you at the same uni with Russell Grant - he of astro physics fame?

Sorry, just could not resist laughing at your ego Smile

This is not a signature.

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#2130 - 2014-02-03 19:03:25 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:

Where's the ego in the post you quoted?

Josef Djugashvilis
#2131 - 2014-02-03 19:04:56 UTC
admiral root wrote:

The, 'I am a scientist', bit, It is totally irrelevant.

This is not a signature.

Basil Pupkin
Republic Military School
#2132 - 2014-02-03 19:07:07 UTC
baltec1 wrote:

You compare highest possible end of L4s with an average anoms. Despite the fact you CAN cherry pick anoms and mission runners have very limited options for that. You are free to leave your anoms unfinished after cherry picking and still have plenty more to respawn for you after dt. Mission runner must finish the mission someday, and if he chooses to farm it, he's only got one to do between downtimes and can't get more (at least not for the same agent).

Compare average anoms against average L4s - hell, I weren't even getting blockades and extravaganzas every day, sometimes being stuck with buzz kills and even lamer multipart ones you can't even deny properly. And 1000 isk/LP, because not all of us can farm Thukker/SoE due to various reasons (suicide gankers, ninjas, and objective thieves being in the lead).

Compare top anoms against top L4s, and I wonder if top L4s would be 10% of what you get there.

Being teh freightergankbear automatically puts you below missionbear and minerbear in carebear hierarchy.

If you're about to make "this will make eve un-eve" argument, odds are you are defending some utterly horrible mechanics against a good change.

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#2133 - 2014-02-03 19:10:17 UTC
admiral root wrote:

Is "Irrelevant" in any way a synonym for "egotistical"?

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2134 - 2014-02-03 19:11:37 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

You compare highest possible end of L4s with an average anoms. Despite the fact you CAN cherry pick anoms and mission runners have very limited options for that. You are free to leave your anoms unfinished after cherry picking and still have plenty more to respawn for you after dt. Mission runner must finish the mission someday, and if he chooses to farm it, he's only got one to do between downtimes and can't get more (at least not for the same agent).

Compare average anoms against average L4s - hell, I weren't even getting blockades and extravaganzas every day, sometimes being stuck with buzz kills and even lamer multipart ones you can't even deny properly. And 1000 isk/LP, because not all of us can farm Thukker/SoE due to various reasons (suicide gankers, ninjas, and objective thieves being in the lead).

Compare top anoms against top L4s, and I wonder if top L4s would be 10% of what you get there.

Actually I did use the high end with anoms which is 90 mil, not 70 mil which is what most get. CCP nerfed everything that gave us higher results.

As you can see, 90 mil/hr is lower than 118 mil/hr which high sec level 4s have been shown to give in this thread.
Josef Djugashvilis
#2135 - 2014-02-03 19:13:50 UTC
admiral root wrote:
admiral root wrote:

Lordy -easy version for you dear sir, he stated that he was a scientist, to try to give weight/gravitas to his opinions.

Over and out.

This is not a signature.

Basil Pupkin
Republic Military School
#2136 - 2014-02-03 19:15:25 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Actually I did use the high end with anoms which is 90 mil, not 70 mil which is what most get. CCP nerfed everything that gave us higher results.

As you can see, 90 mil/hr is lower than 118 mil/hr which high sec level 4s have been shown to give in this thread.

One faction drop and you're suddenly 300mil/hr. And don't deny it, we're talking top anoms, and top anoms have that.
And 118 mil/hr is absolute best for hisec, with luck, assumptions and 108mil SP character. Your anoms can be cleared with the same speed at 10% of the SP and cost.

Being teh freightergankbear automatically puts you below missionbear and minerbear in carebear hierarchy.

If you're about to make "this will make eve un-eve" argument, odds are you are defending some utterly horrible mechanics against a good change.

Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#2137 - 2014-02-03 19:17:32 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

One faction drop and you're suddenly 300mil/hr. And don't deny it, we're talking top anoms, and top anoms have that.
And 118 mil/hr is absolute best for hisec, with luck, assumptions and 108mil SP character. Your anoms can be cleared with the same speed at 10% of the SP and cost.

Don't get sucked up in this conversation about ISK/hour with these people.
It will lead to nothing good.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#2138 - 2014-02-03 19:20:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr Epeen
admiral root wrote:
admiral root wrote:

Lordy -easy version for you dear sir, he stated that he was a scientist, to try to give weight/gravitas to his opinions.

Over and out.

Kind of like all those, 'i arz a rl lawyer soz i no for realz' guys that think it'll actually mean something and add weight to their pathetic attempts at data manipulation.

Mr Epeen Cool
Notorious Fellon
#2139 - 2014-02-03 19:21:25 UTC
admiral root wrote:
Notorious Fellon wrote:

Are you suggesting there are sanctums, havens and forsaken hubs in highsec? Are you suggesting that there are anoms in highsecc that even remotely compare to them? I didn't think so.

Combat level 4 missions are generally battleship-heavy, as are the anoms I mentioned. They might not be exactly equal, but as someone who's extensively done both they're reasonably similar in terms of content and difficulty.

No, I am not claiming there are Sanctums in hisec. No clue where you got that idea.

I am claiming that anoms in null are not comparable to missions in hisec inside a little box that ignores all other income sources.

It simply does not matter. Either compare equal activities, or compare the *complete* income streams. No cherry picking.

A smart nullsec player does not rely entirely on anoms and belt ratting, just like a smart hisec player does not rely on L4 missions only. To compare the two in an isolated box is silly.

It is not "proof" of anything except the odd desires of some nullseccers who want to nerf parts of the game others enjoy.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2140 - 2014-02-03 19:22:53 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:

Faction drops are rare, hence why they are so expensive, they will not happen enough to make any difference. The high sec results are also not the most you can get, that was made with a BS with only 1 billion isk in fittings and no implants. You can do even better than that.

So no, as we can see high sec earns you more isk.