These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What would happen if CCP finally nerfed hisec?

First post First post
Author
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2101 - 2014-02-03 15:05:05 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:
Just to keep people joining the thread updated on the current state of affairs.

Goons: "omg omg you can theoretically with luck and assumptions make 110mil ISK/hour in hisec, my average null income is only 150m/hour NERF HISEC"
Voice of Reason: "Why do you compare maximum hisec ISK/hour with average nullsec ISK/hour? Want us to tell you how much maximum nullsec ISK/hour you can make theoretically with luck and assumptions?"
Goons: "But hisec *goon personal attack generator* are making ISK! HISEC SHOULD MAKE 50% OF NULLSEC ISK!".
Voice of Reason: "In that case hisec income needs to be buffed by about 100% to match 50% of nullsec."
Goons: "Millions of goons can't be wrong, because we're too cool to be wrong, means you're wrong. You're missing the point. HISEC DARES TO MAKE ISK! NERF HISEC!"

This has been going in circles every 7 pages or so.

Acctuall it was progressing nicely with people from all sides providing data. Its only people like yourself who are going around in circles. Kimmi for example is even learning how to run missions much better than before.
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#2102 - 2014-02-03 15:14:12 UTC
if you believe that posted numbers are fake why would you believe wallet screens aren't photoshopped Straight
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2103 - 2014-02-03 15:23:34 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:
if you believe that posted numbers are fake why would you believe wallet screens aren't photoshopped Straight

That would be their next call.

A wallet screenshot tells us near nothing. The data being provided shows exactly what is going on so we can see if someone is not blitzing missions correcy, if they are earning less LP than they should be, if their is poorly fitted, if they lack SP ect ect.

Igor Nappi
Doomheim
#2104 - 2014-02-03 15:24:29 UTC
baltec1 wrote:

When was the last time your fight made the international news? I have been in several.

When was the last time you not being in a fight would have made any difference to the outcome of the fight?

Furthermore, I think that links must be removed from the game.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2105 - 2014-02-03 15:29:02 UTC  |  Edited by: baltec1
Igor Nappi wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

When was the last time your fight made the international news? I have been in several.

When was the last time you not being in a fight would have made any difference to the outcome of the fight?

Several times. I dont get called the moral mega for nothing. I have infact, provided an emergengy cyno so many times I have lost count and then there is all of the fleets that have wasted their dps on trying to kill the only battleship in our fleet thinking I must be the FC and realised too late. By far my biggest impact is on moral. People see my mega as near invincible and any fleet I enter instantly becomes more chill and happy.
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2106 - 2014-02-03 15:38:17 UTC
Kagura Nikon wrote:
Quick pratical question.. if null sec woudl indeed pay less thanhigh sec.. why would be so many peopel paying a TONS of isk for your alliance so they can go rat in null sec?

The average income in high se cis NOWHERE near that. That is what you get at PEAK moments. Only SOE and Thukker tribe pay enough in LP to reach 100M isk per hour and their systems get LARGE ammount of suicide ganking. The realistic numbers are very close to the numbers of null sec, around 70 m

No idea why people rent, I personally would just contact my local recruiter and join GSF. Suicide ganking doesn't even register anymore after the nerfs so you are over estimating their effect.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#2107 - 2014-02-03 15:42:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Batelle
Kagura Nikon wrote:

Continue trying to decieve people... not much to effect. Back in 2008 I did more isk per hour in 0.0 than I do now in high sec.

You must not be trying very hard then.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Notorious Fellon
#2108 - 2014-02-03 15:44:12 UTC
*Deleted*

Crime, it is not a "career", it is a lifestyle.

Flaming Forum Spammer
Doomheim
#2109 - 2014-02-03 15:45:53 UTC
I imagine nerfing hisec pve, already a haven of wardeccers, suiciders and scammers, would have the same results as nerfing nullsec pve elements. If anything, hisec needs faster concord response times and greater security lose for industrial/barge suiciding. Training for a billion isk ship that can get melted by 50 million isk of ships with concord heavily in system and the only recourse is kill rights against people who have either been biomassed for the next suiciding dessie pilot or gone into 0.0 to boost their security back up for next months suicide-gank is lop-sided.

CCP does need to figure out something. suiciders (and bumper bullies) telling players to **** off and leave eve or go to 0.0 to avoid being harassed is a ****** solution.

Yes, of course i'm posting on a forum alt...

everyone not a goonie is a goonie alt.

Let Concord pod suicide gankers and boost security penalties for targeting non-war/suspect marauders, capital industrials, industrials, freighters, and barge/exumers to podding penalty levels. They're costing someone deeply, let the punishment be considerable as well.
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2110 - 2014-02-03 15:47:49 UTC  |  Edited by: La Nariz
Kimmi Chan wrote:
Tauranon wrote:
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:

To accurately test he can't use the ESS.

We are testing maximum income potentials of Null & High. By not using the ESS he is deliberately sabotaging his results by somewhere from 20-50% depending on how much leverage they can make of the LP market. So, yes, he has to use the ESS to accurately test. Otherwise he is deliberately cutting his income short. Which.... Was the whole point behind him not using it in reality.

no - if you seriously think you want to bring in the ESS, then I'm seriously going to start recording interruption frequency and duration, and no that isn't something you really want to go into.

I should think you would want to do that anyway. It is relevant to the study. During that interruption you are making 0 ISK/hr and I would hope you would make note of that. ESS or not because it is relevant.

You can see two interruptions occurring in my notes. One where a blops gang stayed around our space and another where I had to ensure an AFK cloaker was truly AFK. You also run into the problem of others living in the space not finishing their anomalies or screwing something else up which interferes with your own ability to run the sites. Something that cannot easily happen to mission runners.

Link for those who haven't seen it:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqC-BTui2uSGdDlxa2dWOG5ieHB0QXBVWW82bGN5TFE&usp=sharing

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#2111 - 2014-02-03 15:55:32 UTC
Flaming Forum Spammer wrote:
I imagine nerfing hisec pve, already a haven of wardeccers, suiciders and scammers, would have the same results as nerfing nullsec pve elements. If anything, hisec needs faster concord response times and greater security lose for industrial/barge suiciding. Training for a billion isk ship that can get melted by 50 million isk of ships with concord heavily in system and the only recourse is kill rights against people who have either been biomassed for the next suiciding dessie pilot or gone into 0.0 to boost their security back up for next months suicide-gank is lop-sided.

CCP does need to figure out something. suiciders (and bumper bullies) telling players to **** off and leave eve or go to 0.0 to avoid being harassed is a ****** solution.

Yes, of course i'm posting on a forum alt...

everyone not a goonie is a goonie alt.

Let Concord pod suicide gankers and boost security penalties for targeting non-war/suspect marauders, capital industrials, industrials, freighters, and barge/exumers to podding penalty levels. They're costing someone deeply, let the punishment be considerable as well.

<---- Lives in HighSec.
<-----Hates this idea.
<-----Likes breakfast food.

There is no reason to change the existing CONCORD mechanic. Fly smarter.

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#2112 - 2014-02-03 15:59:17 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
Tauranon wrote:
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:

To accurately test he can't use the ESS.

We are testing maximum income potentials of Null & High. By not using the ESS he is deliberately sabotaging his results by somewhere from 20-50% depending on how much leverage they can make of the LP market. So, yes, he has to use the ESS to accurately test. Otherwise he is deliberately cutting his income short. Which.... Was the whole point behind him not using it in reality.

no - if you seriously think you want to bring in the ESS, then I'm seriously going to start recording interruption frequency and duration, and no that isn't something you really want to go into.

I should think you would want to do that anyway. It is relevant to the study. During that interruption you are making 0 ISK/hr and I would hope you would make note of that. ESS or not because it is relevant.

You can see two interruptions occurring in my notes. One where a blops gang stayed around our space and another where I had to ensure an AFK cloaker was truly AFK. You also run into the problem of others living in the space not finishing their anomalies or screwing something else up which interferes with your own ability to run the sites. Something that cannot easily happen to mission runners.

Link for those who haven't seen it:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqC-BTui2uSGdDlxa2dWOG5ieHB0QXBVWW82bGN5TFE&usp=sharing

I was thinking about that this morning before going to work. Living in HS, I can log on at any time and make ISK, not ridiculous amounts (due to my inexperience with blitzing and an overtanked hull) but I can make ISK any time that isn't downtime. Residents in NS don't necessarily have that luxury. Tell me, when you logged off for that first interruption, what did you do?

My money is on logging on a HS alt to make money.

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2113 - 2014-02-03 16:21:15 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:

I was thinking about that this morning before going to work. Living in HS, I can log on at any time and make ISK, not ridiculous amounts (due to my inexperience with blitzing and an overtanked hull) but I can make ISK any time that isn't downtime. Residents in NS don't necessarily have that luxury. Tell me, when you logged off for that first interruption, what did you do?

My money is on logging on a HS alt to make money.

I have jabber open at all times so I went and did stuff on alts, one in highsec doing misions, the other doing market stuff. I didn't bother to log back in until I saw from jabber that they were gone. No point in making my system more attractive by having those galaxy map statistics showing me on it.

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#2114 - 2014-02-03 16:30:01 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Benny Ohu wrote:

That would be their next call.

Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Wow, screenshots from a goon.
A goon, a group that prides itself on deceit and subterfuge.
Yes, I am sure that anything you post is 100% accurate.

Shocked
admiral root
Red Galaxy
#2115 - 2014-02-03 16:50:46 UTC
Flaming Forum Spammer wrote:

This old chestnut, again? If you see someone harassing or bullying by CCP's definition, which is the only definition that matters in relation to Eve, petition them and CCP will take appropriate action.

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2116 - 2014-02-03 16:50:48 UTC
Kagura Nikon wrote:
You can but is HARD to keep that level. Specially because you are MORE likely to get ganked in the good high sec mission systems than in 0.0. Yes you ARE , i lived in 0.0 and if you are nto drunk and have an alliance with average IQ over 50 that can use chats you will not loose anything.

0.0 is much easier to casually make a lot of isk. HIgh sec you can achieve high income but with a much more specialized and tunned approach.

This post is full of such wrongness I don't think its salvageable.

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2117 - 2014-02-03 16:53:05 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

Unless the best LP you can get between four empires is below 1000/lp, the ESS returns equal to no ESS the second you drop it. And if the best LP you can get is above 1000/lp, then you show an immediate profit.
If you then sit an alt at the ESS (You know, that Cyno alt that can't rat because of system density issues, which I do agree is an issue, but you will always have some alts who can't rat, and the higher the system density the faster the ESS gains it's buffs so the more you gain via it anyway), and spam the share all button every opportunity you get, you show an immediate 20% profit above no ESS.
If you actually manage to leverage the ESS to make maximum profit, you are showing a 30% profit above no ESS, (Assuming 95% start 125% end) assuming you can't make use of the LP market to find something extra profitable. If you are able to leverage the LP market to make a real profit on the LP, say, 2000/lp, then you are at 50% above no ESS.

In short, with the revised stats on the ESS, assuming the ESS isn't bugged (Since we can't allow for bugs), it's very hard to not gain overall income from it unless you are getting camped so often they keep blowing it up as soon as you drop one. Exactly how much depends on if you loose them regularly, and if you manage to tick them I agree, but you should be showing at least 20% more than the given figures before we take bonus LP profit into account.

And since you are taking the best LP possible in high sec as the 'average high sec' figure, when anyone with a brain knows that's not sustainable since the more profit seekers who chase the high LP, the lower it's going to drop. We can take the best LP when looking at the ESS options also.

Once you include an alt it no longer a solo test, that means we'd have to include running missions with having a noctis alt.

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2118 - 2014-02-03 16:59:36 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:

Goons: "omg omg you can theoretically with luck and assumptions make 110mil ISK/hour in hisec, my average null income is only 150m/hour NERF HISEC"
Voice of Reason: "Why do you compare maximum hisec ISK/hour with average nullsec ISK/hour? Want us to tell you how much maximum nullsec ISK/hour you can make theoretically with luck and assumptions?"
Goons: "But hisec *goon personal attack generator* are making ISK! HISEC SHOULD MAKE 50% OF NULLSEC ISK!".
Voice of Reason: "In that case hisec income needs to be buffed by about 100% to match 50% of nullsec."
Goons: "Millions of goons can't be wrong, because we're too cool to be wrong, means you're wrong. You're missing the point. HISEC DARES TO MAKE ISK! NERF HISEC!"

We aren't comparing max highsec with mid-range nullsec, max would be incursions, we're comparing missions to anomalies.

Notorious Fellon
#2119 - 2014-02-03 17:39:07 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Basil Pupkin wrote:

We aren't comparing max highsec with mid-range nullsec, max would be incursions, we're comparing missions to anomalies.

No, we are not.

You don't get to ignore PI and Moon Goo.

Income in null was fine prior to the dumb ESS. My income making in null over the years was way beyond what it ever has been in hisec. Why? Because I actually utilized all that was available, not just ratting.

Stop crying and work on PI. Also, get your fair share from moon goo.

If you are making less in null than what you can make in hi, then you are doing it wrong.

Crime, it is not a "career", it is a lifestyle.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2120 - 2014-02-03 17:53:31 UTC
Notorious Fellon wrote:

No, we are not.

You don't get to ignore PI and Moon Goo.

Income in null was fine prior to the dumb ESS. My income making in null over the years was way beyond what it ever has been in hisec. Why? Because I actually utilized all that was available, not just ratting.

Stop crying and work on PI. Also, get your fair share from moon goo.

If you are making less in null than what you can make in hi, then you are doing it wrong.

Moon goo is not an individual member income, its alliance level and is used to pay the massive bills of the CFC and fund its defence.

PI is also not on the table here, it is one of the few things that is balanced correctly.

This is about high sec missions vs sov null secs version of missions which is anoms.