These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What would happen if CCP finally nerfed hisec?

First post First post
Author
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#2061 - 2014-02-03 09:50:28 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
Sweet Jeebus that was tedious. Just ran a kill all plus bonus room on Angel Extravaganza. Since AE is/was a "standard," here be some numbers just for grins and giggles:

Ship: Vargur - 2.9 AU/s warp speed.

Time: 42m41s (4m26s travel, 38m15s mission)
Distance: 1 jump away for 89.98 AU round trip
Bounties: 29,917,438
Rewards: 4,120,000
LP: 8,509
Salvage: 8,418,901 (per built-in estimator)
Loot: 6,670,000 (per built-in estimator) (~4,575,199 in mineral value, eyeballed local market)

Ammo Expenses: 2,831,824.00 (2,462 of RF Fusion, 78 barrage)

Total assets in isk minus expenses:
@0 isk/LP: 46,294,515 (65,076,241/hour)
@1000 isk/LP: 54,803,515 (77,037,350/hour)
@2000 isk/LP: 63,312,515 (88,998,459/hour)
@3000 isk/LP: 71,821,515 (100,959,568/hour)

So that's ~30M in liquid isk plus another ~12M if you quick sell salvage+loot at 80% value (for ~54M/hour.)

For what it's worth, AE was on the not worth blitzing list. And remember folks, this is just one data point in a "level 4 kill all (no blitzing) with a mediocre marauder" test, so don't read too much into it.

Now try to keep that for 3 hours straight. A peak income per hour is irrelevent. Otherwise I can do way more.. warp to a belt kill a 1 M rat in 20 seconds and voilá.. you made over 130 M isk per hour averagign that instantaneous troughput.

Income tests cannot be made upon a small timeframe like that. Sepcially using a GOOD income mission as example. Mission runenrs will usually avoid the agaisnt empire missiosn (so they can still travel freely in high sec) and will avoid several HORRIBLE missions, but from time to time they will have to do them.. or stop runnign for a few hours because you may very well gget 3 of these in a row.

THe long term average income of a high sec SOE mission runner is rougly at 70M per hour for a well fit ship. If you start flying really expensive ships then you make more butyou will get ganked on a SOE, or thukker mix system.

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#2062 - 2014-02-03 09:51:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Kagura Nikon
La Nariz wrote:
So now we have the mid-range solo PVE activity of nullsec sitting at ~70m isk/hr and the mid-range solo PVE activity of highsec sitting at ~100m isk/hr. What more we need if we can get two volunteers to do this is someone to do belt ratting in nullsec and active battleship or carrier ratting in nullsec. To give us a positive/negative control.

Quick pratical question.. if null sec woudl indeed pay less thanhigh sec.. why would be so many peopel paying a TONS of isk for your alliance so they can go rat in null sec?

The average income in high se cis NOWHERE near that. That is what you get at PEAK moments. Only SOE and Thukker tribe pay enough in LP to reach 100M isk per hour and their systems get LARGE ammount of suicide ganking. The realistic numbers are very close to the numbers of null sec, around 70 m

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#2063 - 2014-02-03 09:57:15 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:

To accurately test he can't use the ESS.

We are testing maximum income potentials of Null & High. By not using the ESS he is deliberately sabotaging his results by somewhere from 20-50% depending on how much leverage they can make of the LP market. So, yes, he has to use the ESS to accurately test. Otherwise he is deliberately cutting his income short. Which.... Was the whole point behind him not using it in reality.

no - if you seriously think you want to bring in the ESS, then I'm seriously going to start recording interruption frequency and duration, and no that isn't something you really want to go into.

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#2064 - 2014-02-03 09:59:03 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Kimmi wrote:

ED: There is also a navigation implant that improves ship agility by 5%. That might be helpful with flight times to and from mission sites by reducing align times.

ED: And another that improves scan resolution by 5%. That's a decent option as well.

Agility isnt as important as most times you will be aligned anyway. Warp speed is the more useful in navigation implants.

Slot 7 is the only one in question. The other 4 slots all improve applied DPS.

I dont ave pyfa on me at the moment but I think slot 7 can be used for a missile rig. Slot six if I recall correctly can have a +18% warp speed. Not cheap but very much worth it for a pve golem.

The applicable Slot 7 missile implants include Missile Velocity (which James had mentioned) and Missile Flight Time (useless since my range is already 222km).

Slot 6 has Cruise Missile Damage +5%. I elected to go with this one as I worked to improve my applied DPS.

I'm Caldari so it's usually a matter of "how do I make my missiles better" and if I can't make my missiles better, "how do I make my shields better".Blink

Also, what's a turret? Lol

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#2065 - 2014-02-03 10:01:18 UTC
Kagura Nikon wrote:
and their systems get LARGE ammount of suicide ganking

we are talking TWO TO THREE SUICIDE GANKS A DAY on weekends here, people Shocked
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#2066 - 2014-02-03 10:02:25 UTC
Tauranon wrote:
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:

To accurately test he can't use the ESS.

We are testing maximum income potentials of Null & High. By not using the ESS he is deliberately sabotaging his results by somewhere from 20-50% depending on how much leverage they can make of the LP market. So, yes, he has to use the ESS to accurately test. Otherwise he is deliberately cutting his income short. Which.... Was the whole point behind him not using it in reality.

no - if you seriously think you want to bring in the ESS, then I'm seriously going to start recording interruption frequency and duration, and no that isn't something you really want to go into.

I should think you would want to do that anyway. It is relevant to the study. During that interruption you are making 0 ISK/hr and I would hope you would make note of that. ESS or not because it is relevant.

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2067 - 2014-02-03 10:04:12 UTC
Kagura Nikon wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
So now we have the mid-range solo PVE activity of nullsec sitting at ~70m isk/hr and the mid-range solo PVE activity of highsec sitting at ~100m isk/hr. What more we need if we can get two volunteers to do this is someone to do belt ratting in nullsec and active battleship or carrier ratting in nullsec. To give us a positive/negative control.

Quick pratical question.. if null sec woudl indeed pay less thanhigh sec.. why would be so many peopel paying a TONS of isk for your alliance so they can go rat in null sec?

The average income in high se cis NOWHERE near that. That is what you get at PEAK moments. Only SOE and Thukker tribe pay enough in LP to reach 100M isk per hour and their systems get LARGE ammount of suicide ganking. The realistic numbers are very close to the numbers of null sec, around 70 m

They are paying us for the rights to having a foothold in null not for the isk. If null offered more isk than high sec then we would have a lot more people out here.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2068 - 2014-02-03 10:11:42 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:

I should think you would want to do that anyway. It is relevant to the study. During that interruption you are making 0 ISK/hr and I would hope you would make note of that. ESS or not because it is relevant.

I suppose we could but given its random nature the results will be all over the place.
Josef Djugashvilis
#2069 - 2014-02-03 10:41:39 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
CCP is right, even when they contradict themselves.

That's the spirit Smile

This is not a signature.

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#2070 - 2014-02-03 10:50:13 UTC
baltec1 wrote:

I suppose we could but given its random nature the results will be all over the place.

Unless the best LP you can get between four empires is below 1000/lp, the ESS returns equal to no ESS the second you drop it. And if the best LP you can get is above 1000/lp, then you show an immediate profit.
If you then sit an alt at the ESS (You know, that Cyno alt that can't rat because of system density issues, which I do agree is an issue, but you will always have some alts who can't rat, and the higher the system density the faster the ESS gains it's buffs so the more you gain via it anyway), and spam the share all button every opportunity you get, you show an immediate 20% profit above no ESS.
If you actually manage to leverage the ESS to make maximum profit, you are showing a 30% profit above no ESS, (Assuming 95% start 125% end) assuming you can't make use of the LP market to find something extra profitable. If you are able to leverage the LP market to make a real profit on the LP, say, 2000/lp, then you are at 50% above no ESS.

In short, with the revised stats on the ESS, assuming the ESS isn't bugged (Since we can't allow for bugs), it's very hard to not gain overall income from it unless you are getting camped so often they keep blowing it up as soon as you drop one. Exactly how much depends on if you loose them regularly, and if you manage to tick them I agree, but you should be showing at least 20% more than the given figures before we take bonus LP profit into account.

And since you are taking the best LP possible in high sec as the 'average high sec' figure, when anyone with a brain knows that's not sustainable since the more profit seekers who chase the high LP, the lower it's going to drop. We can take the best LP when looking at the ESS options also.
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#2071 - 2014-02-03 10:55:10 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Kagura Nikon wrote:
La Nariz wrote:

They are paying us for the rights to having a foothold in null not for the isk. If null offered more isk than high sec then we would have a lot more people out here.

Continue trying to decieve people... not much to effect. Back in 2008 I did more isk per hour in 0.0 than I do now in high sec.

Basil Pupkin
Republic Military School
#2072 - 2014-02-03 12:02:26 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
[quote=Kagura Nikon]They are paying us for the rights to having a foothold in null not for the isk. If null offered more isk than high sec then we would have a lot more people out here.

You don't have a lot more people because you goon too much.
Look what you've done, I responded to a goon post because of you!

SOE in hisec peak at 2000 ISK/LP, just checked that. Unless you bring it to your overISKed null friends, that is the best you're getting (That is assuming you go with Jita sell orders. You can probably do up to 5%-10% more by hauling around or babysitting your sell orders on that stuff, but generally that would be a waste of time better used on missioning).
Thukker is better nearing on 2500 ISK/LP on select pieces of Nomad set. Other pieces and Thukker Micro APC go with SOE-like 2000 ISK/LP, and the rest of it is along the standard 1000 ISK/LP line, maybe a bit more.

So, 2800? Naaaaaah. Null only.

Being teh freightergankbear automatically puts you below missionbear and minerbear in carebear hierarchy.

If you're about to make "this will make eve un-eve" argument, odds are you are defending some utterly horrible mechanics against a good change.

Good Posting
Doomheim
#2073 - 2014-02-03 12:37:59 UTC
"A foothold in null sec" Lol

No, they rent because they can make isk when they want without having to attend to alliance/coalition fleets. No paplinks, no diplo dramas, no tidi, no deployments. Just farming.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2074 - 2014-02-03 12:45:17 UTC
Good Posting wrote:
"A foothold in null sec" Lol

No, they rent because they can make isk when they want without having to attend to alliance/coalition fleets. No paplinks, no diplo dramas, no tidi, no deployments. Just farming.

They can make more in high sec than null. There are other reasons for wanting to come to null, mostly to do with easy access to pvp.
Josef Djugashvilis
#2075 - 2014-02-03 13:04:58 UTC
Could they not do what I do and just fly to lo-sec or null-sec and get all the pvp they want without the expense of renting?

Come on Baltec, you can do better than this.

This is not a signature.

Basil Pupkin
Republic Military School
#2076 - 2014-02-03 13:09:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Basil Pupkin
baltec1 wrote:

They can make more in high sec than null. There are other reasons for wanting to come to null, mostly to do with easy access to pvp.

That is so misingoonpretated...

I came to null only because there was no chance in hell I could keep making it even seem comparable with null income in hisec, provided I didn't want to run SOE like crazy.

I made billions in null WAY easier than it was possible in hisec. And I avoided every PvP attempt made at me. Should there be a PvP-free null region you'd see it populated like crazy. And we have one such region up north, and it is populated like crazy.

Once again, for goons, there are no ways to match nullsec crazy ISK even if you farm like mad in hisec. If you're too goon to make ISK in null, that is your damn fault, and not the fact that hisec ISK making is generally tuned toward newer players, and comes in basically one variation (had 3 variations before odyssey. RIP hisec. Well, Fozzie happens.), which can be burned away by having as little as 3 suicide gank squads, because doing it requires investments which are covered by tens of hours, and should you lose those investments, you have nothing left to take them back with, since less investments have even less payoff and require even more time to cover them.

Now compare that to null ratting, where the only investment is a rent (perfectly split-able), and utterly disposable (insurance derp) meta-fit oracles with next to no cost and skill requirements compared to L4 boats.

There's so much disparity that I won't be surprised that nullsec will become the starting area, and you'll have to do years of training and ratting before you get the ISK and skills required to do an L4 with comparable efficiency or run hisec incursions, therefore justifying living in hisec, which is currently unjustifiably low on income until you have the means to do the only remaining ISK-making activity proficiently.

Being teh freightergankbear automatically puts you below missionbear and minerbear in carebear hierarchy.

If you're about to make "this will make eve un-eve" argument, odds are you are defending some utterly horrible mechanics against a good change.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2077 - 2014-02-03 13:18:49 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
Could they not do what I do and just fly to lo-sec or null-sec and get all the pvp they want without the expense of renting?

They get blue allies and dont have to travel as far or ever have to contend with null/high gate camps.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2078 - 2014-02-03 13:20:58 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

That is so misingoonpretated...

I came to null only because there was no chance in hell I could keep making it even seem comparable with null income in hisec, provided I didn't want to run SOE like crazy.

I made billions in null WAY easier than it was possible in hisec. And I avoided every PvP attempt made at me. Should there be a PvP-free null region you'd see it populated like crazy. And we have one such region up north, and it is populated like crazy.

Once again, for goons, there are no ways to match nullsec crazy ISK even if you farm like mad in hisec. If you're too goon to make ISK in null, that is your damn fault, and not the fact that hisec ISK making is generally tuned toward newer players, and comes in basically one variation (had 3 variations before odyssey. RIP hisec. Well, Fozzie happens.), which can be burned away by having as little as 3 suicide gank squads, because doing it requires investments which are covered by tens of hours, and should you lose those investments, you have nothing left to take them back with, since less investments have even less payoff and require even more time to cover them.

Now compare that to null ratting, where the only investment is a rent (perfectly split-able), and utterly disposable (insurance derp) meta-fit oracles with next to no cost and skill requirements compared to L4 boats.

There's so much disparity that I won't be surprised that nullsec will become the starting area, and you'll have to do years of training and ratting before you get the ISK and skills required to do an L4 with comparable efficiency or run hisec incursions, therefore justifying living in hisec, which is currently unjustifiably low on income until you have the means to do the only remaining ISK-making activity proficiently.

Lets see some of these numbers. Because right now all evidence shows that high sec is much better than null.
Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#2079 - 2014-02-03 13:27:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Tauranon
Kagura Nikon wrote:

Continue trying to decieve people... not much to effect. Back in 2008 I did more isk per hour in 0.0 than I do now in high sec.

I can also easily do more isk than highsec here, but that is because I'm abusing the rental system and the low system fill to get 95% of all the signatures that spawn in 1 system. (ie 1 2700th of all null sigs). (which plainly scales to only 2700 people!)

As soon as I hire someone, then I have to share sigs with them, nearly halving my income, and if I hired 10 people, then I'd personally pretty much end my ability to see any signatures at all.

if -every- system had 10 people in it, then signatures at least would get pushed around quick, but the loot value would also die.

also, ratters are currently stacked into the better systems, ie most -0.6 and better are used by multiple ratters in at least 1 TZ, which means disproportionately further increases in null population has to happen in lower bands, and not only that, dominion sov military power favours stacking into a TZ, where as literally the only thing about dominion ratting that favours stacking into a TZ is the ESS. Everything else says don't do it.

Both I (as someone that wants to hire up a combat capable corp at some point), and the CFC do in fact care a lot about anom income, because as soon as you stack enough to field a small gang, then that's pretty much all you have.
Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#2080 - 2014-02-03 13:32:30 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:

I enjoy living in null, and I prefer to have a blue list, and a large zone of intel pickup. Something you don't get unless you cooperate with a large organization. I've also pointed out that on a small scale basis its possible to abuse the rental system to get a rather disproportionate chunk of signature based income.