These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

WASABI: Warp Acceleration System Ancillary Boost Injected(™)

Author
Nano Sito
#41 - 2014-04-29 19:26:48 UTC
+1 ALL THE WAY Big smile

A med slot would be perfect for this. Make the charges reasonably bulky and/or limit their use to Battleships and up. This solution is more reasonable than improved implants or rigs, since those lack the versatility needed for being able to just improve the speed while traveling.
TheMercenaryKing
Ultimatum.
#42 - 2014-04-29 19:46:44 UTC
No, a module like this could not be active.

Some people dont get how some modules cannot be active for legitimate reasons.

You are in warp and this device turns off. How will it change your current in-warp state? its not like an AB or MWD where you can just slow down.

Drone and missile range boosting and reductions are the same way, missiles might work if it changes the next cycle, but drones are constantly in space. You launch drones, fly out of the normal range and then activate the module. How would that effect the drones? are they magically connected? Drones out of range would be the same thing. Would they magically disconnect?

There are technical reasons why these things are not in the game.
Ren Coursa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#43 - 2014-04-29 19:53:25 UTC
TheMercenaryKing wrote:

You are in warp and this device turns off. How will it change your current in-warp state? its not like an AB or MWD where you can just slow down.

First of all; How do you know this?

Not saying this is even a must for this idea to work, might as well be an either or. When warp is activated it checks for this modification and if you have it, it applies for the entire warp regardless. Thats just one way to code it.
Nano Sito
#44 - 2014-04-29 21:58:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Nano Sito
TheMercenaryKing wrote:
There are technical reasons why these things are not in the game.

Well... for starters, you could make sure that the warp speed is increased for all the distance if the module was active at the time of initiating warp.

Let me show you the code, in a language I just made up:

IF WASABI.active=true then warpspeed=shipwarpspeed x 1.3 '(for a 30% warp speed increase)
ELSE
warpspeed=shipwarpspeed
END IF

DONE! Lol
Walter Hart White
Heisenberg Minings
#45 - 2014-05-14 18:10:59 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
Summary:
b) consumables are isk sinks

Not true.
stoicfaux
#46 - 2014-05-14 18:15:00 UTC
Walter Hart White wrote:
stoicfaux wrote:
Summary:
b) consumables are isk sinks

Not true.

Manufacturing them is an isk sink, e.g. the assembly line fees. Plus, any market taxes from selling them.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Bohneik Itohn
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#47 - 2014-05-14 19:03:30 UTC
Going to need some hefty fitting costs to keep them off of frigates, otherwise an interceptor with this module and a clone with low grade ascendancy implants (which are pretty damn cheap) will reach plaid and throw Eve into a galactic vortex of WTF-isms.

Otherwise it sounds interesting, and I don't think it'd mess with most aspects of the game too much. It'd be a convenience module without much use in PvP since you don't really have "extra slots" in PvP fit ships and making the majority of the cost come from NPC market seeds would indeed be an isk sink. But a really small one given that it's going to be something used by only a few.

Just throw a couple marines in the cargo hold and let them do their thing.

Wait, CCP kills kittens now too?!  - Freyya

Are you a forum alt? Have you ever wondered why your experience on the forums is always so frustrating and unrewarding? This may help.

Titan Andronicus
Rookie Mission Tax Haven
#48 - 2014-05-14 19:13:10 UTC
I hate the idea in general. Already you can triple rig your ship to nearly double your warp speed. Propulsion modules are generally mid slot (?). A rigged and mod'd ship with implants would be horrendously unbalancing for PvP.

I love the idea from a purely selfish POV for exactly the same reason. By using mid slots I wouldn't have to sacrifice any stabilisers in the low slots, so I still get a fast time to warp. And by stacking 4 warp speed modules I get a much faster hauling time from Jita to Rens. Yay! Speed Big smile
Nano Sito
#49 - 2014-05-14 20:06:42 UTC
Titan Andronicus wrote:
I hate the idea in general. Already you can triple rig your ship to nearly double your warp speed. Propulsion modules are generally mid slot (?). A rigged and mod'd ship with implants would be horrendously unbalancing for PvP.

I love the idea from a purely selfish POV for exactly the same reason. By using mid slots I wouldn't have to sacrifice any stabilisers in the low slots, so I still get a fast time to warp. And by stacking 4 warp speed modules I get a much faster hauling time from Jita to Rens. Yay! Speed Big smile

Well maybe we could move it to a low slot. That would force haulers to choose between cargo or warp speed (like a nanofiber) and also make it hard to fit so that it isn't used by frigates and other ships which already warp pretty fast. I don't know really... I guess we are trying to come up with a solution to the warp speed nerf that affected BS a great deal.

My vargur wraps at 2 AU... I would gladly sacrifice a low slot to warp at 3 AU like the old times, and maybe bring it to new machariel standards.
Bohneik Itohn
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#50 - 2014-05-14 23:17:45 UTC
Titan Andronicus wrote:

You missed the note where CCP announced that warp speed rigs will start to take stacking penalties soon, didn't you?

Feel free to apply stacking penalties to this module also, should any warp speed rigs be fitted.

Wait, CCP kills kittens now too?!  - Freyya

Are you a forum alt? Have you ever wondered why your experience on the forums is always so frustrating and unrewarding? This may help.

Previous page123