These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

WASABI: Warp Acceleration System Ancillary Boost Injected(™)

Author
Nykala
L.L.A.M.A.
#21 - 2014-02-05 19:48:15 UTC
Hmm I like it. + 1 for the name too.

A sidestep idea could run it as a new type of highslot gang link that operates with fleet warps. Wing/squad commander tells all to align to (...) fires the gang link, all who make it through fleet warp in that radius that still ties the ships in the same warp field gets the bonus.
Maximus Aerelius
PROPHET OF ENIGMA
#22 - 2014-02-06 13:18:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Maximus Aerelius
I actually like this idea and am for the [Mid Slot] as it's an active propulsion mod. Mid slots are valuable but should it use fuel...I don't know. MJD's don't but they do suck quite a bit of cap and require a minimum of cap to activate so maybe this could be applied instead of using fuel.

I also agree with exempting Interceptors and Freighters from using these. Inty's because WOAHMOFO warping and Freighters because they don't have slots and shouldn't have.

I agree that the AU\s warp speed changes in Rubicon were long overdue and really shook up the sand in the pit (only a good thing) so I see this as being an option with a module that has promise.

+1

EDIT: Also perhaps restricting it to only 1 per ship might be an idea.
Centis Adjani
Adjani Corporation
#23 - 2014-02-06 13:36:16 UTC
+1 Like!
The modules should give a 75% increase in Warp Speed in Minimum.
And may be only usable in ships with a Warp Speed lower than 3.0 or 2.5.

But... really must ask, why should CCP implement this?
The devs implemented the WS nerf for BS and BC some weeks ago, to annoy the BC and BS pilots.
To double and triple the time one need to run missions, Epic Arcs and Anom Escalations.
With a module like this the annoyance would go away, so this will never become implemented.
Kenrailae
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#24 - 2014-02-07 04:14:47 UTC
I don't care what this module actually does or not. Any time I can fit some WASABIIII!!!! To my ship, I'm thrilled! :D

The Law is a point of View

The NPE IS a big deal

Koniforous
Tauren Transit
#25 - 2014-03-29 05:03:22 UTC
HandelsPharmi wrote:
[x] Vote for a low slot!

There should be the difficult choice between Inertias, Warpcore Stabs or Damage Control :D

This
Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#26 - 2014-03-29 06:45:24 UTC
Batelle wrote:
i like it. You could click it once, consuming a charge, and if you enter warp during the cycle time, your ship would have that higher max speed during the warp.

Except, its not an isk sink if its built by players using harvestable resources (except for taxes and blueprint costs).

when buying consumables, especially ones for necessary modules (like when traveling battleships) taxes can up VERY quickly, nothing to scoff at, especially when you consider the thousands of players buying them.
Jacques-Benigne Bossuet
The Amarran Ecumenical Council
#27 - 2014-04-18 22:27:08 UTC
Biggest objection is "Inty's shouldn't be able to fit this because... inty's are op"
why not allow the fit....

BUT! Because the WASABI overclocks a ships warp core (etc... fancy technical fluff) high preformance warp ships (read Inty's) may experience some adverse effects from the extra heat.
Module has normal bonus on Inty's but cancels out the Dictor Nullification buff and suffer from sig bloom (put these debuffs on a timer, if it is an active mod).

Meaning with an Interceptor, you can equip this module warp stupid fast... and be able to be caught in a bubble, or warp per normal, and be un-bubbleable

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered." G. K. Chesterton

Gully Alex Foyle
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2014-04-19 01:38:02 UTC
+1 and no real need to exclude inties, imo.

They already burn thru most systems anyway, the greatest time is spent in deceleration (which is already capped) and jumping/loading grid in the next system. Even 2x inty warp speed still wouldn't change things much because of these two fixed timespans.

Make space glamorous! Is EVE dying or not? Ask the EVE-O Death-o-meter!

Jerome Gouillot
Pangalactic Frontline Supply Agency
Externa Group
#29 - 2014-04-19 09:56:10 UTC
freighters?
A4443 Suicide Gank
Summer of Mumuit
Remember Mumuit
#30 - 2014-04-19 11:22:22 UTC
+1, because if i travel from my home system to my mission hub, it takes forever with a battleship.

when it is a module, then you can just drop of another module and fit it, activate it and get faster to your terminal destination :)
Spugg Galdon
Last Rites.
Villore Accords
#31 - 2014-04-19 11:43:37 UTC
Change the word "Injected" to "Injector" and you get a +1 from me.

Otherwise, the idea is a pretty damn good one.
FireFrenzy
Cynosural Samurai
#32 - 2014-04-19 22:08:08 UTC
I Want this in my life! i want this in my life ALOT...

As previously stated i love the name! I've been wondering for a while why you can change most of anything with mods other then warpspeed (which is odd) and dronebay (which isnt odd for balance reasons) My incursion boat would learn to love this thing for long distance commutes...
Iain Zigmura
Rifterlings
#33 - 2014-04-19 22:41:45 UTC
+1 I like this idea, it would be useful for PVP as well, as it would give larger ships that extra warp speed that they sometimes need to catch a fleeing opponent.
Kasife Vynneve
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2014-04-20 02:02:16 UTC
As long as the item that is consumed is called a Pea.
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#35 - 2014-04-20 14:10:54 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
The ability would be good, the simplest mechanic would be a drug booster, then it can be tuned so the side effects would be more applicable to certain ship types, for example if CCP wanted them not to be used by interceptors for example, the side effect would have an influence on warp signature or lock time.

So recommendation for the ability to be available as a drug booster.

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

Phaade
Proioxis Assault Force
Rogue Caldari Union
#36 - 2014-04-20 17:23:48 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
Summary:
A ship module that increases warp speed and that consumes charges to operate.

The Rubicon warp speed changes are a big deal (especially for OCD efficiency obsessed mission/isk runners.) We have implants and rigs that increase warp speed. Why can't we have a module to increase a ship's warp speed?

A module that consumes charges would be a good thing because:
a) modules are more flexible than implants or rigs
b) consumables are isk sinks
c) consumables are good for industry
d) consumables are good for PI
e) it would make long distance traveling more convenient (at least until CCP designs a transport that can efficiently carry rigged ships long distances.)

Hi, Med, or Low Slot?
Could be any, some, or all. A low slot is the obvious choice since lows are power related, until you realize that prop mods and "computers" and cap boosters fit in the mids. A high slot would also make sense in terms of "navigation sensors" or if the WASABI is a "remote repair" module that tweaks your warp field as you fly in order to make warp faster.

Warp speed acceleration is debatably more important than warp top speed.... especially with larger size ships.
Kenrailae
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#37 - 2014-04-20 18:08:49 UTC
Kasife Vynneve wrote:
As long as the item that is consumed is called a Pea.

Primary Entity Accelerator???? :D :D :D

The Law is a point of View

The NPE IS a big deal

Xe'Cara'eos
A Big Enough Lever
#38 - 2014-04-20 18:21:57 UTC
I'm glad this idea's resurfaced! - I support the introduction of the WASABI consuming the PEA:
1 PEA for frigates
3 PEAs for cruisers
5 PEAs for BS's
6+ PEAs for caps (if the WASABI even works for caps)

maybe:
2 PEAs for desty's
4 PEAs for BC's

For posting an idea into F&I: come up with idea, try and think how people could abuse this, try to fix your idea - loop the process until you can't see how it could be abused, then post to the forums to let us figure out how to abuse it..... If your idea can be abused, it [u]WILL[/u] be.

Jack Reman
EVE Mining Industries
#39 - 2014-04-29 08:57:19 UTC
This is a neat idea. +1
Ren Coursa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2014-04-29 11:07:06 UTC
I'm all for making more things consume charges and create more dynamic gameplay.

This could also be extended to reworking the overdrive injector and the inertia stabilizer to be activated modules with charges.

Either way +1.
Previous page123Next page