These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Petition to Ban Isobox/Vec, bots and other similar program

First post
Author
Mag's
Azn Empire
#61 - 2014-01-01 11:30:51 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Necromendes wrote:

Isoboxer user action...1 mine cycle=40 ice block every 51 sec
Normal player action...1 mine cycle=2 ice block. sec 128 sec

How is that not affecting game play? How is that not affecting ingame environment? Since players are openly allow to use program like Isobox, it does not prevent him/her adding Vec to the main account flying an Orca so he/she he can bot indefinitely till DT without further action or any keyboard activities as Isoboxer of other account would just follow the 1 account on bot. This also help save cost for bots as he/she only needs to purchase 1 bot usage and not for all their mining accounts.

news just in; people with more accounts mine more than people without extra accounts.

that's got nothing to do with isboxer.
So 2 + 2 does equal 4?

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Dave Stark
#62 - 2014-01-01 11:32:16 UTC
Mag's wrote:
So 2 + 2 does equal 4?

indeed, who knew?
Necromendes
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#63 - 2014-01-01 11:32:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Necromendes
Dave Stark wrote:
Necromendes wrote:
Cannibal Kane wrote:

How does it accelerate mining? 1 person controlling 5 people mines no faster then 5 people.

How does it change the ingame environment? It does not change how the game works or makes use of bugs or exploits to function? He can't mine any different using ISK Boxer then what you can so there is no cgange to how the game is played or the machenics work.

Posting arbitrary statements without explaining how does not explain your point since it seem you don't understand how this works.

How is that not affecting game play? How is that not affecting ingame environment? Since players are openly allow to use program like Isobox, it does not prevent him/her adding Vec to the main account flying an Orca so he/she he can bot indefinitely till DT without further action or any keyboard activities as Isoboxer of other account would just follow the 1 account on bot. This also help save cost for bots as he/she only needs to purchase 1 bot usage and not for all their mining accounts.

news just in; people with more accounts mine more than people without extra accounts.

Have absolutely no problems with multi-account miners that does not use 3rd program program/software!
Necromendes
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#64 - 2014-01-01 11:33:27 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:

so you freely admit you have no idea what you're talking about.[/quote]

That doesn't mean I do not have other accounts :)
Dave Stark
#65 - 2014-01-01 11:33:41 UTC
Necromendes wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Necromendes wrote:
Cannibal Kane wrote:

How does it accelerate mining? 1 person controlling 5 people mines no faster then 5 people.

How does it change the ingame environment? It does not change how the game works or makes use of bugs or exploits to function? He can't mine any different using ISK Boxer then what you can so there is no cgange to how the game is played or the machenics work.

Posting arbitrary statements without explaining how does not explain your point since it seem you don't understand how this works.

Have absolutely no program with multi-account miners that does not use 3rd program program/software!

what does that have to do with the fact that 1 ship gets outmined by 40 ships?
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#66 - 2014-01-01 11:33:56 UTC
Necromendes wrote:
Have absolutely no program with multi-account miners that does not use 3rd program program/software!

What.

That ranting you did earlier about people not knowing English seems pretty ironic now. Ugh
Mag's
Azn Empire
#67 - 2014-01-01 11:35:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Mag's
Necromendes wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Necromendes wrote:
Cannibal Kane wrote:

I think you meant PROBLEM. We're just trying to find out what the problem actually is. So far, you've failed to show one.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#68 - 2014-01-01 11:35:56 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Necromendes wrote:

What.

That ranting you did earlier about people not knowing English seems pretty ironic now. Ugh

When I wardec them I will just mail their ceo this thread.

He will instantly understand and ridicule him.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Necromendes
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#69 - 2014-01-01 11:36:37 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:

what does that have to do with the fact that 1 ship gets outmined by 40 ships?[/quote]

Your participation in this post is only to troll. You provide ZERO constructive comments, You flood the posts with nonsense replies, You refuse to admit the contents of EULA, You are not a miner and just a normal ganker.

You just a ****! Ignoring all your post from hereon!
Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#70 - 2014-01-01 11:37:44 UTC
Necromendes wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

Your participation in this post is only to troll. You provide ZERO constructive comments, You flood the posts with nonsense replies, You refuse to admit the contents of EULA, You are not a miner and just a normal ganker.

You just a ****! Ignoring all your post from hereon![/quote]

You have not provided anything constructive either and could be considered a troll yourself.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#71 - 2014-01-01 11:40:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Necromendes wrote:
You understand that pointing out the errors and omissions in other people's reasoning is not “nonsense”, right? He has admitted the contents of the EULA just fine — he (like the rest of us) just don't feel you've adequately explained what's being broken in it.

And you realise that you haven't been able to argue your point so far — you have yet to explain how any of the points you listed are being broken by multiboxing software (except through the some cloudcuckoolander logic that skips over things like how higher numbers are higher than lower numbers).
Mag's
Azn Empire
#72 - 2014-01-01 11:40:14 UTC
Necromendes wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

No actually Dave has read and does understand the EULA. The thing we all find strange is the fact that even after all your posted scorn regarding the use and reading of the English language, you still fail to comprehend the EULA yourself.

Dave Stark
#73 - 2014-01-01 11:40:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Dave Stark
Necromendes wrote:

yep, we're going to need that irony emote pretty sharpish.

considering i've proved you wrong several times and you've yet to actually say anything of substance; try again.

i'm not a miner and i'm a normal ganker? considering i'm known for mining by most people (i mean, that's how i found an untouched belt 1 jump from jita 30 mins before downtime, i know my mining), i'm going to have to go ahead and tell you that, once again, you're wrong.
Prie Mary
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#74 - 2014-01-01 11:44:17 UTC
This thread again........

Ban toys for the rich people because im poor................

Dont just [u]think[/u] outside the box, [u]Live[/u] outside of it...

Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#75 - 2014-01-01 11:48:31 UTC
lol 4 pages! you lot should feel bad and instead look at my epic boobees!

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

-- Ralph King-Griffin, about deranged people playing EVE ONLINE

Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#76 - 2014-01-01 11:49:46 UTC
How about a petition to get rid of people that make forum posts about petitions.

The Tears Must Flow

Robert Caldera
Caldera Trading and Investment
#77 - 2014-01-01 12:02:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Robert Caldera
I dont get it how dumb someone has to be not understanding how PLEX flush money in CCPs wallets, but isboxer should be banned anyways because it's kind of botting, its beyond me how CCP allows this to happen even if some nerds paying 30 accounts by PLEX.
1 man bomber fleets have been seen, or 1 man smartbombing fleets in lowsec; or isboxed tengus in complexes.
Dave Stark
#78 - 2014-01-01 12:06:33 UTC
so then, for those that haven't followed the previous 3 pages.

"waah, some one has more accounts than i do, waah"
Robert Caldera
Caldera Trading and Investment
#79 - 2014-01-01 12:09:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Robert Caldera
Tippia wrote:
and removing these active accounts means other players who pay are affected. It also means CCP earns less money, since PLEXed accounts are a better (if riskier) income source than a standard subscriptions.

this is a bad argument and following this logic we would have ratting, mining and other bots on mass, nothing we really want in game. Why then automated 30 man fleets controlled by 1 dude??

Dave Stark wrote:

you're not so bright, are you?
Dave Stark
#80 - 2014-01-01 12:11:38 UTC
Robert Caldera wrote:
Tippia wrote:
and removing these active accounts means other players who pay are affected. It also means CCP earns less money, since PLEXed accounts are a better (if riskier) income source than a standard subscriptions.

this is a bad argument and following this logic we would have ratting, mining and other bots on mass, nothing we really want in game. Why then automated 30 man fleets controlled by 1 dude??

Dave Stark wrote:

you're not so bright, are you?

we're not talking about botting.

bright enough to understand the topic being discussed. unlike you, it would seem.