These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

CCP, to Bring Balance, Nerf AC's (or Remove Blasters).

Author
Hungry Eyes
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2011-11-07 15:22:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Hungry Eyes
I'll give one example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yuf_JzAkq7E

In its current iteration, the Tornado is making a mockery of most other ships in the game, especially the other tier 3 BC's. It's kind of hilarious to me that large AC's can perfectly track and hit Vespa drones Shocked and inties Shocked. Sure, he had two webs, but still. Why would you introduce a cheap, faster and more agile Machariel into the game? But the problem is not necessarily the ship. AC's are simply off the wall.

Please reduce the fall-off and tracking of medium and large AC's. You don't have to nerf them into the ground, but make them not stupid. Having extreme fall off, extreme speed, extreme tracking, and higher than average DPS is not conducive to balance. It's really not that different from they days when people released a bunch of drones, and zipped around at 4km/s in their HACs.

Thanks, I'll know you'll do the right thing.
Austneal
Nero Fazione
#2 - 2011-11-07 15:31:34 UTC
Let me guess, you fly Gallente?
Sarmatiko
#3 - 2011-11-07 15:33:26 UTC
I have better idea: remove Gallente completely. They whine too much lately. Twisted
Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#4 - 2011-11-07 15:36:22 UTC
Hitting drones shouldn't be an issue, since the ship is fast and the drones are webbed. This means they come after you in a straight line with 0 transversal. Actually that high speed allows you to keep transversal to very low against most ships, so hitting shouldn't be a huge issue for competent pilots.
Austneal
Nero Fazione
#5 - 2011-11-07 15:38:06 UTC
Sarmatiko wrote:
I have better idea: remove Gallente completely. They whine too much lately. Twisted

+1 Lol
Skippermonkey
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#6 - 2011-11-07 15:38:19 UTC
dear CCP, nerf everything

i fly all ships and this would make me happy

COME AT ME BRO

I'LL JUST BE DOCKED IN THIS STATION

Hungry Eyes
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2011-11-07 15:39:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Hungry Eyes
Sarmatiko wrote:
I have better idea: remove Gallente completely. They whine too much lately. Twisted


While I am not a Gallente pilot, I fully agree because I value balance. Remove Gallente so that people are not confused any longer.
Keen Fallsword
Skyway Patrol
#8 - 2011-11-07 15:44:06 UTC
Hungry Eyes wrote:
Sarmatiko wrote:
I have better idea: remove Gallente completely. They whine too much lately. Twisted


While I am not a Gallente pilot, I fully agree because I value balance. Remove Gallente so that people are not confused any longer.


Thumbs UP ! Yes remove Gallente or Nerf them !

"We gallente don't need any weapons we are flying yachts right now and this is good" "Peace, Love and Unity"

But hey ! CCP is doing hybrids awesome !! Did you heard that ? They added mucho tracking L.O.L
Hungry Eyes
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2011-11-07 15:46:23 UTC
are you guys serious when you say that having extreme tracking, extreme speed, and extreme falloff is ok? you realize that this is equivalent to the derpiness of the nano days, just in a different form?
Hungry Eyes
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2011-11-07 15:47:39 UTC
Keen Fallsword wrote:


"We gallente don't need any weapons we are flying yachts right now and this is good" "Peace, Love and Unity"



everyone make love in my Megathron
Nyio
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2011-11-07 15:47:44 UTC
Sarmatiko wrote:
I have better idea: remove Gallente completely. They whine too much lately. Twisted


Heey! Sad
Keen Fallsword
Skyway Patrol
#12 - 2011-11-07 15:51:06 UTC
Hungry Eyes wrote:
are you guys serious when you say that having extreme tracking, extreme speed, and extreme falloff is ok? you realize that this is equivalent to the derpiness of the nano days, just in a different form?


Hmm well I know that Gallente is OP but who cares ! :)

But seriously I can see one thing Gallente pilots loves their race and ships we cant see something similar in any other race pilots and what is the worst Gallente ships are the worst in the game... Err I mean they looks nice in hangars.
Austneal
Nero Fazione
#13 - 2011-11-07 16:05:42 UTC
They don't have "extreme tracking." You keep your transversal low in order to hit smaller targets. Any ship can do this, its just a bit easier for Minmatar ships because of their maneuverability.

ACs do have more falloff than other turrets, just like pulses have the best optimal, and blasters have the best raw dps (and soon tracking)

Each weapon has its own advantage, learn to use them / fight against them
Epiphaniess
Verboten Technologies
#14 - 2011-11-07 16:13:18 UTC
Hungry Eyes wrote:
are you guys serious when you say that having extreme tracking, extreme speed, and extreme falloff is ok? you realize that this is equivalent to the derpiness of the nano days, just in a different form?


I remember a time when the words you have to fight in falloff, was quickly accompanied the loud heckling of point and loling.

Funny how things change and now it is OP and has to be nerfed.
Keen Fallsword
Skyway Patrol
#15 - 2011-11-07 16:13:22 UTC
Austneal wrote:

Each weapon has its own advantage, learn to use them / fight against them


You didnt fly any blaster boat right ? If yes show KB.. Coz you talking like shyittty noob.. Learn how to fly wtf ? You dont know too much about this game its history and why blaster sucks so hard right now ? Dont you ? Even CCP is saying that blaster are broken ! You Moron ...
Hungry Eyes
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#16 - 2011-11-07 16:14:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Hungry Eyes
Austneal wrote:
They don't have "extreme tracking." You keep your transversal low in order to hit smaller targets. Any ship can do this, its just a bit easier for Minmatar ships because of their maneuverability.

ACs do have more falloff than other turrets, just like pulses have the best optimal, and blasters have the best raw dps (and soon tracking)

Each weapon has its own advantage, learn to use them / fight against them



thanks for the pee vee pee tips!!! but let me just say that i've been playing EVE since beta. i know all about transversal, and things like that. maintaining highest possible transversal velocity against ships with tracking mods and highest possible innate tracking is not always effective!

i really dont feel like i need to go into specifics here, because trolls are abound and those who care about this stuff know the information anyway. but i'll give you a hint: Neutron Blaster Cannon II vs. 800mm AC II, even the new SiSi stats are ridiculous. mostly because of the insane fall off AC's have, and speed that Winmatar ships have.
Keen Fallsword
Skyway Patrol
#17 - 2011-11-07 16:19:56 UTC
Epiphaniess wrote:
Hungry Eyes wrote:
are you guys serious when you say that having extreme tracking, extreme speed, and extreme falloff is ok? you realize that this is equivalent to the derpiness of the nano days, just in a different form?

Funny how things change and now it is OP and has to be nerfed.


We are joking bro :) Its sarcasm :)
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#18 - 2011-11-07 16:28:07 UTC
Only people who don't fly all 4 races say "nerf AC's".

Everybody who does say "buff hybrids".

Macharaiel is OP, however its tracking bonus is huge, and does not apply to all AC's.

Learn to kite.

And with 2 webs on it, even blasters could hit it.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Katrina Oniseki
Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#19 - 2011-11-07 16:32:38 UTC
Sarmatiko wrote:
I have better idea: remove Gallente completely. They whine too much lately. Twisted


Tibus Heth would love you forever.

Katrina Oniseki

Trainwreck McGee
Doomheim
#20 - 2011-11-07 16:38:59 UTC
Hungry Eyes wrote:
Austneal wrote:
They don't have "extreme tracking." You keep your transversal low in order to hit smaller targets. Any ship can do this, its just a bit easier for Minmatar ships because of their maneuverability.

ACs do have more falloff than other turrets, just like pulses have the best optimal, and blasters have the best raw dps (and soon tracking)

Each weapon has its own advantage, learn to use them / fight against them



thanks for the pee vee pee tips!!! but let me just say that i've been playing EVE since beta. i know all about transversal, and things like that. maintaining highest possible transversal velocity against ships with tracking mods and highest possible innate tracking is not always effective!

i really dont feel like i need to go into specifics here, because trolls are abound and those who care about this stuff know the information anyway. but i'll give you a hint: Neutron Blaster Cannon II vs. 800mm AC II, even the new SiSi stats are ridiculous. mostly because of the insane fall off AC's have, and speed that Winmatar ships have.


How can someone who has been here since beta no so little about the game? EXXTTRREEEMMMEEE rofl idiot

CCP Trainwreck - Weekend Custodial Engineer / CCP Necrogoats foot stool

123Next pageLast page