These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Thanks for screwing the loyal customers who preordered...

Author
Effect One
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#61 - 2013-12-23 13:48:25 UTC
CCP just ganked your wallet.

'This might be internet spaceships, but it's not rocket science to protect yourself and fly with a little common sense' - CCP Falcon

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#62 - 2013-12-23 13:53:59 UTC
im loving how the op is now wearing the jacket ccp gave him.
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#63 - 2013-12-23 13:54:01 UTC
OMFG guys ignore all this for I have something far more important to share!
I preorded Fallout 3, got it and played it and it was great and all that, but just checked the price and WTF! It's much cheaper now!

I WILL BRING DOWN GREAT FIERY BALLS OF RAGE UPON THE WRONGDOERS!

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#64 - 2013-12-23 14:04:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
kraiklyn Asatru wrote:
I just think it is a **** move especially since it was clearly in CCPs best interest to have had people preorder.

How is that in their best interest exactly. You are just saying unsubstantiated whining nonsense.

kraiklyn Asatru wrote:
Something I clearly wont do next time, this isn't 'long' after it was released, people preordered a long time ahead or even bought it in the past two months at full price and to then slash the price by a full third 2 months after release is excessive and certainly doens't reward customer loyalty.

Since when is a 33% Sale excessive ? Also, isn't this product's sheer existence a gesture towards customer loyalty ?

Wow folks. We have a 21st Century Self-Entitled Consumer with no clue as to how retail operates at all.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Billy Hix
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#65 - 2013-12-23 15:36:46 UTC
If you think this is bad wait for the launch of Star Citizen. I am even assuming the game will be great and yet still the screams of rage and the flood of tears will come.

People have spent thousands buying ships in that game. Can you imagine the rage when they find out that it is no more difficult to buy a $200 pre order ship in that game than it is to buy a 200M isk ship in Eve.

The rage will rock the foundations of the gaming world.
Guttripper
State War Academy
Caldari State
#66 - 2013-12-23 16:15:31 UTC
And how many people are buying gifts at this time of year for people because a particular holiday says it is the proper thing to do? Ever check out those prices the day after?