These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Help Channel

Author
Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#21 - 2013-12-22 11:44:05 UTC
Okay here's a response for you:

As someone that tends to hang around in the help chat and do a lot of the helping myself, no, location has no effect on any channels, anywhere, player-made or system-made. This especially includes help channel. There is no indication to me as someone that's helping you where you are.

Now, if your problems are specifically having to do with needing someone to show up to help you (such as a mission) then you would have to tell the person where you are so they can find you.

I am an equal opportunity helper, assuming I can read the question in the first place before it scrolls :P

The Drake is a Lie

Josef Djugashvilis
#22 - 2013-12-22 12:14:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Josef Djugashvilis
Lately the Help channel has really gone down hill.

Ego wars, trolling, swearing, telling folk that WoW is >>> way, refusing to answer questions on the grounds that players should already know X or they are too stupid to play Eve etc.

I even saw one player saying he wanted, to, well, someone's 7 year old grand daughter, although I think this many have been reported as I have have not seen the offending player since.

It is a help channel, there are no stupid questions, just a minority of folk abusing the channel, to the detriment of those who wish to use the channel properly.

This is not a signature.

Doc Severide
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#23 - 2013-12-22 16:41:02 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
Lately the Help channel has really gone down hill.

Ego wars, trolling, swearing, telling folk that WoW is >>> way, refusing to answer questions on the grounds that players should already know X or they are too stupid to play Eve etc.

I even saw one player saying he wanted, to, well, someone's 7 year old grand daughter, although I think this many have been reported as I have have not seen the offending player since.

It is a help channel, there are no stupid questions, just a minority of folk abusing the channel, to the detriment of those who wish to use the channel properly.

I guess people in EVE can be as stupid as anywhere. When they don't have anything intelligent to say the often come up with:

WOW is that way --->

Using your moms credit card.

Living in your parents basement.

Generally lame and idiotic comments from fools.

It's way to easy to label people trolls and the term "carebear" is absolutely stupid.
Elena Ranning
008Bezirk322sschornsteinfeg432ermeiste0191r
#24 - 2013-12-22 21:49:29 UTC
I didn't realize creating a thread on Help channel will open up so many wounds.

I feel your pain everyone.

But yeah, my question was just another troll.

Read back and enjoy.
Previous page12