These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Templis Dragonaors is apparently impersonating things for 2 years

Author
IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
#41 - 2013-12-18 21:33:12 UTC
Ok guys I just saw the new name.

No offense or anything but -
It seems more suited to a ghey french DJ.

Just say the following sentence with a french accent and lisp (aka Gallente accent) and you will understand what I am saying here:
'OH HAI GAIZ - IM TEMPLIS DE NOVO - ARE YOU READY TO PARTY!!!!!!'

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#42 - 2013-12-18 21:38:18 UTC
IbanezLaney wrote:

Yeah, disappointed. Offensive on IGS cancelled in protest.
Super Chair
Project Cerberus
Templis CALSF
#43 - 2013-12-18 21:51:54 UTC
So samurai pizza cats is going to be petitioned for impersonating a cat, a burly sword wielding japanese guy, and a delicious cheese coated circle all at the same time?
Theroine
Pew Pew Pirates
#44 - 2013-12-19 00:55:38 UTC
Super Chair wrote:
So samurai pizza cats is going to be petitioned for impersonating a cat, a burly sword wielding japanese guy, and a delicious cheese coated circle all at the same time?

Only if CCP introduces an NPC corp into Dust that ferociously devours pizza while maintaining the Bushido code.
Scylus Black
Caldari Black Hand
Caldari Tactical Operations Command
#45 - 2013-12-19 02:41:45 UTC
IbanezLaney wrote:

Just say the following sentence with a french accent and lisp (aka Gallente accent) and you will understand what I am saying here:

Disappointed or what not is nothing compared to how I feel about this whole situation. We had NO time. NO consideration. The fact that they claim to have given this thought because of our tenure and would not issue us a warning (yes they did) is utter BS. They came to a decision and we were toast.

The leadership team agreed that "Templis" remain in the name. After all we are known as Templis. "Templis De Novo" however mild and non-threatening it sounds is a statement. Latin for "Templis Again" - I am sure we could have been Templis Draconem (or whatever) had we debated how that's not an impersonation or something else. Fact is we didn't change. CCP just changed our name. Its not going to stop us from doing what we do. Just sucks that we even had to go through this.

Scylus Black - CSM XII Candidate

Former Executor Templis CALSF Alliance

Templis CALSF WHQ // YouTube Channel

IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
#46 - 2013-12-19 02:56:25 UTC
Scylus Black wrote:
IbanezLaney wrote:

Disappointed or what not is nothing compared to how I feel about this whole situation. We had NO time. NO consideration. The fact that they claim to have given this thought because of our tenure and would not issue us a warning (yes they did) is utter BS. They came to a decision and we were toast.

The leadership team agreed that "Templis" remain in the name. After all we are known as Templis. "Templis De Novo" however mild and non-threatening it sounds is a statement. Latin for "Templis Again" - I am sure we could have been Templis Draconem (or whatever) had we debated how that's not an impersonation or something else. Fact is we didn't change. CCP just changed our name. Its not going to stop us from doing what we do. Just sucks that we even had to go through this.

I was just trying to make some light of a bad situation.

The whole thing silly. CCP have no idea how petty and silly they have made themselves look.
It is not like Dust will even be around in another year so this will all be for nothing in the end.
chatgris
Quantum Cats Syndicate
#47 - 2013-12-19 03:35:38 UTC
Just wanted to express my condolences - and an extra kick in the nuts that it was a dust corporation too :(

Combatevolved
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#48 - 2013-12-19 04:39:51 UTC
chatgris wrote:
Just wanted to express my condolences - and an extra kick in the nuts that it was a dust corporation too :(

CCP Chatgris, why have you forsaken us?
Dread Delgarth
Flames Of Chaos
Unspoken Alliance.
#49 - 2013-12-19 14:04:03 UTC
You have my sympathy Templis, this is a real crappy decision by CCP imo.
Morgan Torry
Arma Purgatorium
#50 - 2013-12-19 20:29:35 UTC
I still am upset my suggestion of Templis Blobsium was rejected by the directors at large. I thought I kept to the Latin theme quite well.

Arma Purgatorium - What is Podded May Never Die

Andre Vauban
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#51 - 2013-12-19 22:13:20 UTC
Combatevolved wrote:
chatgris wrote:

CCP Chatgris, why have you forsaken us?

While CCP chatgris does use devhax to slaughter entire Caldari fleets solo (he now has a 4M EHP Ishtar that goes 10,000 m/s with sentry drones that move 5,000 m/s that each deal damage like a station or gate sentry gun), even he would not stoop so low to change your name. Also, we've already asked him to share a few devhaxed Ishtars but he refused saying something like that may allow other QCATS to catch up to him on BC.

Shadow Adanza
Gold Crest Salvage
#52 - 2013-12-19 23:06:53 UTC
Super Chair wrote:

CCP Chatgris misplaced your report, sorry.

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Scylus Black
Caldari Black Hand
Caldari Tactical Operations Command
#53 - 2013-12-20 01:01:29 UTC
I <3 Chatgris.

You all rock and thank you for the support. Nice to know we have friends on the other team.

Fly Dangerous!

Scylus Black - CSM XII Candidate

Former Executor Templis CALSF Alliance

Templis CALSF WHQ // YouTube Channel

Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#54 - 2013-12-20 14:45:48 UTC
Scylus Black wrote:
X Gallentius wrote:
Scylus Black wrote:

It's quite insane. Didn't have an issue in 2/12 when the alliance name was created. Didn't have an issue when we submitted the logo in June 2013 and was cleared through two levels...

Someone had an issue and reached out to CCP.

Defies logic.

Can you give some background on exactly what CCP is whining about?

"Your alliance was reported for violation of our the EULA under section 6.C as it relates to the Terms of Service item 8, (impersonation) and as such, your alliance has been renamed."

I suspect this has to do with the NPC Templis Dragonaurs (sp?). This decision by CCP is disappointing. I am assuming since the NPC history was around long before we were this could have been picked up sooner if it was a problem with them. It was not until someone "reported" us.

We are allowed to rename it. So we are not getting stuck with a generic name.

INB4 ISD

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#55 - 2013-12-20 14:50:18 UTC
The Butterfly Effect: Goons didn't want people threatening their renter income with renter scams, so they had their inside guy at CCP make up some new rule: and now a FW alliance gets renamed.

CCP should make a video about this. It would be the most authentic EVE trailer to date.

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

Sheimi Madaveda
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#56 - 2013-12-29 22:14:09 UTC
Yay beurocracy!

Arma Purgatorium - Once for the State, Now for the King Low Sec, PvP, Industrial - Open for Recruiting http://armapurgatorium.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/arpur_recruit1.pngĀ 

Previous page123