These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

ATTENTION! Comcast Node Crash Affecting West Coast Players.

Author
Achrissius
Chaotic Tranquility
#21 - 2013-12-16 05:31:41 UTC
The issue seemed to have resolved itself for a few days, but it is back apparently. Like the rest of you guys, I am in the Northern California area.
Hong WeiLoh
Super Troopers
#22 - 2013-12-16 05:52:47 UTC
Gilgamesh BoShudda wrote:
I also have this exact issue and I live in Fresno, central CA. I hate Comcast lol.

I live just south of this guy, apparently. lol.
Same issue here, "socket closed" then can't reconnect to TQ. Mine starts at 9PM PST though. :-/
Name Lips
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2013-12-16 06:35:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Name Lips
I am also unable to connect, but I'm in New Mexico. Also a Comcast subscriber.

edit: and just now, when I went to try again, it worked. :)
Gerald Sphinx
Killer Yankee
#24 - 2013-12-16 08:21:41 UTC
It looks like the issue is starting to creep up a bit onto the east coast as well. I'm a Comcast customer living in Florida and there have been recent issues today with logging into Eve. Although the issue seems limited since I was able to later log back in. But when the problem hits it ends up being like the following:

First I sign in via the launcher as usual and then click launch.
The client takes an unusually long time to launch.
When client finally launches, I get a message telling me that there was a problem connecting to the server and that there may be issues with the server or my connection.
Leave client and restart launcher.
Log back in.
Client starts fine this time.

It seems to happen more often now.
Hong WeiLoh
Super Troopers
#25 - 2013-12-21 02:52:28 UTC
Bypassing the Launcher (or using Launcher to patch, then killing it) and just running the exefile may get you in. Seems like about 50/50 chance of that working, but 50% is better than 0%.
Ikthyacias
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2013-12-21 02:54:39 UTC
I'm also having this problem in Fresno, Ca. started last week, gets to hop 6 (he-2-14-0-0-cr01.sanjose.ca.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.89.229]) and just dies after that, getting a bit mad about it.

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#27 - 2013-12-21 09:55:52 UTC
Ok from the looks of it it's not strictly a Comcast issue. I'm seeing Comcast addresses in Seattle come up from tracert calls starting in a Verison sign on. So you need not be a Comcast customer to have trouble.

Even non-Eve sites and servers are sporadic at best. Even better while using a VZW access I am on a VPN to an office that uses Comcast business - supposedly heinous bandwidth, and while not getting a consistent "7th jump timeout" it's very slow and in tracert calls to various addresses that I cannot get to from VZW, the trace is very slow. There's definitely something going wrong.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#28 - 2013-12-21 20:45:55 UTC
OK situation north of Seattle appears to have cleared up, launcher is running an update.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Major Templar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#29 - 2013-12-21 23:39:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Major Templar
Salem, Oregon 3:30pm PST (Exactly even by the second)

Had a crash that sent all my clients down. Couldn't access the website or other services from CCP either for 5 minutes or so.

This would be really bad if, you know, I were say in the middle of a fight and had a massive crash due to this going on.
Celeste Taylor
Ruby Dynasty
#30 - 2014-01-04 07:24:46 UTC
Looks like Northern California is Eveless once again around that same time at night. I get home from work around now and this is when I tend to log on. Subscribing to Eve seems somewhat of a waste if I can't log on between 10PM and 4AM when I go to bed. Please someone fix this so us Californians can play Eve!
Llurren
Body Count Inc.
Pandemic Legion
#31 - 2014-01-04 07:37:49 UTC
Yeah, this just hit me again at 10:27 Pacific and nothing I seem to do helps.

"I grok people. I am people… so now I can say it in people talk. I've found out why people laugh. They laugh because it hurts so much… because it's the only thing that'll make it stop hurting."

Big Booty Lafonda
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2014-01-04 07:43:49 UTC
IT'S HAPPENING (again)

yay for comcast
Venirious
Do It For The Lobster
#33 - 2014-01-04 07:49:00 UTC
Ah damn, happening again.
Nilda Brundt
Scarlet Vanguard
#34 - 2014-01-04 09:25:22 UTC
I haven't experienced this issue till now. Not entirely thrilled about this, glad im not the only one in the bay area experiencing this.
Minuir Siniathin
Sturmgrenadier Inc
Pandemic Horde
#35 - 2014-01-04 20:08:02 UTC
Seeing this right now. For new excitement, it's happening in the middle of the day! Traceroute times out between San Jose and LA, but was fine earlier.
Celia Therone
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2014-01-04 20:46:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Celia Therone
It's happening to me right now (Bay area, CA). Launcher claims that Eve is up but Connection Fails to the server.

Hopefully my space pixels are still in one piece. :(

Tracert times out with:
6 23 ms 18 ms 18 ms he-1-6-0-0-cr01.sanjose.ca.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.90.157]
Minuir Siniathin
Sturmgrenadier Inc
Pandemic Horde
#37 - 2014-01-04 20:55:58 UTC
Celia Therone wrote:
It's happening to me right now (Bay area, CA). Launcher claims that Eve is up but Connection Fails to the server.

Tracert times out with:

Same here. That connection should be going through LA and it's timing out. I'm "chatting" with Comcast right now to try to convince them that it's not my browser...
Big Booty Lafonda
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2014-01-04 21:14:11 UTC
Minuir Siniathin wrote:
Celia Therone wrote:

Tracert times out with:

Same here. That connection should be going through LA and it's timing out. I'm "chatting" with Comcast right now to try to convince them that it's not my browser...

SIR, DID YOU TURN IT OFF AND BACK ON AGAIN?
Good Apollo BS4
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2014-01-04 21:18:04 UTC
Marin County (10 minutes on other side of GG Bridge) same thing, don't know when started but repaired client, still unable to login. TQ is up, but I cannot connect to the server. Internet is working, otherwise, at least as well as can be expected for comcast... hope my Moros isn't bumpin my archon into my nyx into my ok im lying dont have any of those. HELLPPPPPPPP :)
Minuir Siniathin
Sturmgrenadier Inc
Pandemic Horde
#40 - 2014-01-04 21:20:58 UTC
Everyone who has this problem needs to contact Comcast. They do not believe that the problem is on their end.