These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Sisters of EVE missions, 180m/hour in high sec, should we nerf it?

Author
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#81 - 2013-12-15 11:02:24 UTC
TharOkha wrote:

But i will never support idea that sov-null should have equal or better solo pve isk opportunities as rest of new eden. sov null should be about community earnings and yes it should yield more than making isks with alts in empire..


So you think that the best place for rewarding solo pve players (which is most of the people playing eve) is in high sec, which just happens to also be the safest?
EvEa Deva
Doomheim
#82 - 2013-12-15 11:06:58 UTC
Remember what game we play, them ships will get nerfed and be crap very soon.
TharOkha
0asis Group
One Man Corps Alliance
#83 - 2013-12-15 11:16:03 UTC  |  Edited by: TharOkha
baltec1 wrote:
TharOkha wrote:

But i will never support idea that sov-null should have equal or better solo pve isk opportunities as rest of new eden. sov null should be about community earnings and yes it should yield more than making isks with alts in empire..


So you think that the best place for rewarding solo pve players (which is most of the people playing eve) is in high sec, which just happens to also be the safest?


Did you read whole my post or are you just cherry picking some of my sentences? Roll I was talking about sov null and non sov null.... that means that best SOLO isk opportunities would be in non-sov systems... (NPC null and lowsec empire included, not just hisec for fck sake Roll ). BUT best community isk opportunities would be just in sov null and it should yeld much much more than soloing and above all.. it would be an impulse for players to have sov... even if just one system. Thats why i mentioned incursions like mechanics... that means:... you need players, you cannot do it solo, it would yeld much more than soloing anything and you would need an sov to do it (maybe some sort of group mining. Every region would have different value ore/gas/or something so fighting for regions would make sense)..

Do you now understand?
sov null: bad solo isk earnings, great community earnings
non sov systems (NPC null, lowsec, hisec, WHs): great solo isk earnings, but much lower than community actions in sov-null
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#84 - 2013-12-15 11:24:40 UTC  |  Edited by: baltec1
TharOkha wrote:


Did you read whole my post or are you just cherry picking some of my sentences? Roll I was talking about sov null and non sov null.... that means that best SOLO isk opportunities would be in non-sov systems... (NPC null and lowsec empire included, not just hisec for fck sake Roll ). BUT best community isk opportunities would be just in sov null and it should yeld much much more than soloing. Thats why i mentioned incursions like mechanics... that means:... you need players, you cannot do it solo, it would yeld much more than soloing anything and you would need an sov to do it (maybe some sort of group mining. Every region would have different value ore/gas/or something so fighting for regions would make sense).. Do you now understand?


There are several issues with your idea.

First, most people solo pve content, they should not be forced into high sec in order to get the best out of it. Equally high sec should not be offering the same or better rewards as null sec, 0.0 needs to be rewarding people for taking the added risk.

Second, very few people in null have access to level 4 mission areas, forcing them to go to these areas would simply turn them into warzones and make running missions a near impossiblility. This would also do nothing to fix the near uselessness of the vast bulk of nullsec and prople being forced to earn their isk outside of their own empire.

Third, CCP have stated that null will not be seeing greater rewards as it would harm the games economy. This is why we are not asking for more isk but for nerfs as it is the only option we have.
TharOkha
0asis Group
One Man Corps Alliance
#85 - 2013-12-15 11:48:41 UTC  |  Edited by: TharOkha
baltec1 wrote:

There are several issues with your idea.

First, most people solo pve content, they should not be forced into high sec in order to get the best out of it


Well and thats why we are taking this discussion here, right? good earning as solo in npc null and emp, better as group of players in their own sov... If you want to earn solo, and not as a group (with better rewards) then maybe sov-null is not for you.. end of story..

Quote:
Equally high sec should not be offering the same or better rewards as null sec, 0.0 needs to be rewarding people for taking the added risk.


yes, high sec should not be offering the same or better rewards as SOV null sec.... that's my proposal... but not as solo

Quote:
Second, very few people in null have access to level 4 mission areas, forcing them to go to these areas would simply turn them into warzones and make running missions a near impossiblility.


who is talking about L4 missions?

Quote:
This would also do nothing to fix the near uselessness of the vast bulk of nullsec and prople being forced to earn their isk outside of their own empire.


If you read my post carefully, there is an proposal how to fix this...

Quote:

Third, CCP have stated that null will not be seeing greater rewards as it would harm the games economy. This is why we are not asking for more isk but for nerfs as it is the only option we have.


Well maybe then CCP is wrong on this and we should push them to make sov null worth of joining as a group of players, not as solo isk farmers (as most of nullsec bears nowadays).

Iike myself.. i make good isks as solo in npc null, jita trading, manufacturing... im a member of various NPSI communities, because it offers me same excitement as sov warfare but without alliance BullSh.

But if sov null would offer me much greater rewards, (but i would need to join and fight for sov as a group of players and not solo) then i will consider to join some alliance or make my own with friends...
Pohbis
Neo T.E.C.H.
#86 - 2013-12-15 11:53:06 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
TharOkha wrote:

But i will never support idea that sov-null should have equal or better solo pve isk opportunities as rest of new eden. sov null should be about community earnings and yes it should yield more than making isks with alts in empire..


So you think that the best place for rewarding solo pve players (which is most of the people playing eve) is in high sec, which just happens to also be the safest?
So you think 0.0 should give alliances enough ISK to fund things like Burn Jita, personal Titans, capital ships, SRPs, PLEX-funded spy accounts, vacation homes for its leaders AND have the best solo PVE payout?

ISK for grunts in 0.0 is only an issue because alliance leaders chose to make it an issue.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#87 - 2013-12-15 12:01:11 UTC
Pohbis wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
TharOkha wrote:

But i will never support idea that sov-null should have equal or better solo pve isk opportunities as rest of new eden. sov null should be about community earnings and yes it should yield more than making isks with alts in empire..


So you think that the best place for rewarding solo pve players (which is most of the people playing eve) is in high sec, which just happens to also be the safest?
So you think 0.0 should give alliances enough ISK to fund things like Burn Jita, personal Titans, capital ships, SRPs, PLEX-funded spy accounts, vacation homes for its leaders AND have the best solo PVE payout?

ISK for grunts in 0.0 is only an issue because alliance leaders chose to make it an issue.


Despite spending hundreds of billions in upgrading systems for our rank and file pilots to run anoms in they still earn around the same as high sec level 4s but face much greater risks and downtimes.

Its not alliance leaders causing this its the game itself.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#88 - 2013-12-15 12:06:43 UTC
TharOkha wrote:


Well maybe then CCP is wrong on this


No they are not.

Runaway inflation is very bad and is why incursions were nerfed. CCP cannot give away more reward in null, the only way of dealing with this imbalance is to nerf high sec income to the same degree that null has been nerfed over the years.

Equally solo pve pilots should not be punished in null sov, everyone should have a reason to live out in null sec and have access to greater rewards for taking greater risks.
Kate stark
#89 - 2013-12-15 12:16:09 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
TharOkha wrote:


Well maybe then CCP is wrong on this


No they are not.

Runaway inflation is very bad and is why incursions were nerfed. CCP cannot give away more reward in null, the only way of dealing with this imbalance is to nerf high sec income to the same degree that null has been nerfed over the years.

Equally solo pve pilots should not be punished in null sov, everyone should have a reason to live out in null sec and have access to greater rewards for taking greater risks.


have you tried doing incursions in null sec?
just curious.

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

marVLs
#90 - 2013-12-15 12:18:54 UTC
HS income is good in terms of balance

- Incursions are 150-200m/h including LP but it's hard to get always in fleet and you need to have pimped ship and skills, there are almost no breaks if You'r in fleet
- lvl4s are max 120m/h solo (don't listen silly OP and others saying "im getting 180-200m/h) but it's almost impossible to earn so much hour by hour every day, many players don't do them for pure isk/h, many have low skills etc., so most of players doing them earn 60-100m/h and it's nothing but pure boring grinding same and same missions that's important too


But not even this, just why peps have problems with HS income?
"Because they do money in HS instead LS/Null which could give more targets" - eeeee fail if someone is carebear and he just play solo for playing You won't force him to go in dangerous place even if HS income would be cutted by 70%, and what kind of target is noob doing missions in mission fitted ship? rly pvpers are so bad?
And i meet lots of incursion or mission runners in HS who do safe PVE just to get money for PVP, and if they wont have that opportunity they just wont pvp at all.

tbh HS is now the best balanced and have best design, problem is with LS and Null, they're broken, CCP knows that and know that if they nerf HS badly they will lost lots of subs, that's why they think good in this case and they don't listed to peps who have "a(rrr)ss pain"
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#91 - 2013-12-15 12:19:47 UTC  |  Edited by: James Amril-Kesh
Kate stark wrote:
have you tried doing incursions in null sec?
just curious.

Not a viable solution since an incursion only stays for about a week before it completes and goes off to some distant area of space which is probably not yours.
I have done one though, but that's because we wanted to push it out of our space so that we could actually use our jump bridges, not because we wanted to make a ton of isk on it.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Pohbis
Neo T.E.C.H.
#92 - 2013-12-15 12:20:07 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Pohbis wrote:
So you think 0.0 should give alliances enough ISK to fund things like Burn Jita, personal Titans, capital ships, SRPs, PLEX-funded spy accounts, vacation homes for its leaders AND have the best solo PVE payout?

ISK for grunts in 0.0 is only an issue because alliance leaders chose to make it an issue.
Despite spending hundreds of billions in upgrading systems for our rank and file pilots to run anoms in they still earn around the same as high sec level 4s but face much greater risks and downtimes.

Its not alliance leaders causing this its the game itself.
Is this a stealth 'nerf afk cloaking' post? Lol

Apart from the delicious irony, your post is however missing an argument as to why those rank and file pilots should earn more.

They did PvP in 0.0 so their alliance could rake in ISK, the fact that that ISK is distributed in a way, that they feel the need to do PvE for ISK is not the games fault.

But be sure to tell all those renters about the huge risks and downtime they pay for in 0.0. I'm sure they'd love to skip the rental bill and go back to hi-sec, if only they knew about those facts.
Kate stark
#93 - 2013-12-15 12:21:58 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Kate stark wrote:
have you tried doing incursions in null sec?
just curious.

Not a viable solution since an incursion only stays for about a week before it completes and goes off to some distant area of space which is probably not yours.
I have done one though, but that's because we wanted to push it out of our space so that we could actually use our jump bridges, not because we wanted to make a ton of isk on it.


so basically, movement of incursions aside, they're still a **** source of isk in null because of the inherent drawbacks that come with them via system affects?

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#94 - 2013-12-15 12:25:41 UTC
Kate stark wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Kate stark wrote:
have you tried doing incursions in null sec?
just curious.

Not a viable solution since an incursion only stays for about a week before it completes and goes off to some distant area of space which is probably not yours.
I have done one though, but that's because we wanted to push it out of our space so that we could actually use our jump bridges, not because we wanted to make a ton of isk on it.


so basically, movement of incursions aside, they're still a **** source of isk in null because of the inherent drawbacks that come with them via system affects?

The system effects aren't why null incursions are terrible source of isk (their movement is the primary reason), but they certainly make incursions irritating when they land in your space.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Kate stark
#95 - 2013-12-15 12:25:56 UTC
marVLs wrote:
- Incursions are 150-200m/h including LP but it's hard to get always in fleet and you need to have pimped ship and skills, there are almost no breaks if You'r in fleet


fleets can be difficult to get in to during afternoons/evenings especially on weekends due to the volume of players, I've had most success joining directly after DT.
you don't have to have pimped ships and skills. I have average skills and my ship is entirely t2 except the gyros, and the prop mod, and I was getting invites consistently.
there are breaks quite regularly, tower bashing in a... erm, TCRCs, i think. is basically a guaranteed bio break. Also if you need to take a break, nobody is forcing you to stay. Fleets are quite fluid with people dropping and joining constantly throughout the day.

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#96 - 2013-12-15 12:26:47 UTC
Kate stark wrote:


have you tried doing incursions in null sec?
just curious.


Only when they came out. They are magnets for small gangs so nobody bothers anymore.
Kate stark
#97 - 2013-12-15 12:28:57 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Kate stark wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Kate stark wrote:
have you tried doing incursions in null sec?
just curious.

Not a viable solution since an incursion only stays for about a week before it completes and goes off to some distant area of space which is probably not yours.
I have done one though, but that's because we wanted to push it out of our space so that we could actually use our jump bridges, not because we wanted to make a ton of isk on it.


so basically, movement of incursions aside, they're still a **** source of isk in null because of the inherent drawbacks that come with them via system affects?

The system effects aren't why null incursions are terrible source of isk (their movement is the primary reason), but they certainly make incursions irritating when they land in your space.


So would you rather have more null sec incursions for the isk making potential, or less of them due to the irritating system effects?

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

Kate stark
#98 - 2013-12-15 12:31:32 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Kate stark wrote:


have you tried doing incursions in null sec?
just curious.


Only when they came out. They are magnets for small gangs so nobody bothers anymore.


I wouldn't have thought that small gangs would be much of an issue for a HQ fleet to deal with.

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#99 - 2013-12-15 12:32:59 UTC  |  Edited by: James Amril-Kesh
Kate stark wrote:
So would you rather have more null sec incursions for the isk making potential, or less of them due to the irritating system effects?

Less. I ******* hate the damn things.

Fun fact: The Revenant used to have a higher base jump range than the other supercarriers, which led to a scramble of people doing lowsec incursions (lowsec is the only place where the BPC can drop) but since it was nerfed the ship is no longer anything but a novelty.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Kate stark
#100 - 2013-12-15 12:34:20 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Kate stark wrote:
So would you rather have more null sec incursions for the isk making potential, or less of them due to the irritating system effects?

Less. I ******* hate the damn things.

Fair enough.

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.