These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Sisters of EVE missions, 180m/hour in high sec, should we nerf it?

Author
Maru Sha
The Department of Justice
#41 - 2013-12-12 10:23:34 UTC
I can confirm that you can get a 3100:1 lp or better with SoE.
Yet, I can also confirm that other high sec NPC corporation can offer the same ratio (or way better) for LPs for selected items.

These are nuggets, people like to find nuggets.
When the gold rush is in full speed, the profit will be washed away.

I don't see a problem there.

The only thing that made me wonder is the serious difference in production costs between a fully built ship and a blueprint from the LP store.
Onictus
Capital Fusion.
Pandemic Horde
#42 - 2013-12-12 12:15:28 UTC
Xuixien wrote:
Once the market stabilizes it won't be so lucrative.

SOE LP has always been high value.

All of those sisters launchers and probes? Where do you think they come from.
Rhivre
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#43 - 2013-12-12 14:13:51 UTC
I have heard rumours that there are certain other high sec corps which give an even better conversion rate :)
Aivo Dresden
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#44 - 2013-12-12 14:26:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Aivo Dresden
Those ISK/H calculations aren't even CLOSE to accurate. It pretty much invalidates your whole topic.

MAYBE in a very rare situation where the missions align perfectly, you will get a nice payout. What you're also not listing is the fact that multiple characters are used. 180 mill an hour is a bit of a poor pay-out running missions with multiple chars. You could get 300 an hour running incursions with 2 chars.

I've always said it and I'll say it again. You need to look at isk per hour PER CHARACTER.
Jenn aSide
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#45 - 2013-12-12 14:41:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Aivo Dresden wrote:
Those ISK/H calculations aren't even CLOSE to accurate. It pretty much invalidates your whole topic.

MAYBE in a very rare situation where the missions align perfectly, you will get a nice payout. What you're also not listing is the fact that multiple characters are used. 180 mill an hour is a bit of a poor pay-out running missions with multiple chars. You could get 300 an hour running incursions with 2 chars.

I've always said it and I'll say it again. You need to look at isk per hour PER CHARACTER.
'

This is incorrect. The OP stated "A machariel".

That's what i use (sometimes I use a fleet phoon though) and as i said, 165 an hour is the best I've had. SOE agents tend to give a LOT of the good blitizable missions, I was shocked at the number of really good mission the Lannigisi agent spews. I've only had a crap mission like "Duo of Death" like once or twice with that agent

It takes being in a shiny incursion fleet to make that kind of isk with one ship. The up side is that in incursions you don't need to be a shooter (I fly a Basi or Scimitar in incursions).

The problem is that we shouldn't be able to make that amount of sustainable isk with one ship of any kind doing combat PVE in high sec (at least with incursions you have peopel competing for sites and communities popping the MOMs early). A player should have to take a lot more risk (ie go to low, null or WH space) to make that kind of scratch. Sister's missions, high sec incursions and a few other activities (like cosmos farming) totally destroy the idea of risk v reward in EVE PVE.

Ditto FW farming with cheap alts and FW lvl4 missions with stealth bombers that pay better than low sec lvl 5s and null sec lvl 4s. CCP really needs to take a look at PVE isk making balance.
Onictus
Capital Fusion.
Pandemic Horde
#46 - 2013-12-12 15:01:02 UTC
Aivo Dresden wrote:

Counting LP at 2000:1 180 is still pretty low.

18,000 LP in an hour is all of two missions, and that is easy to accomplish if you know your blitzing. Some of the bigger missions yield 9200 LP a shot. Then you have things like serpentis assualt that you can blow through in like 5 minutes, you only have to kill three BSs and two cruisers.

I had one the other day where I got cargo delivery, recon, assault, recon, assault, assault, recon, cargo and then a shipyard.
...inside an hour I had complete everything except the yard, and THAT gave me a siege mindlink, that is like 75-80k LP and I did everything but the assaults and shipyard in a cruiser in and out. That was in highsec.

If I wasn't busy else where getting a tengu to X-7could be ...erm lucrative, since the LP conversion skyrockets with the discount, not to mention another 20-40% increase in payout for being in null Twisted
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#47 - 2013-12-12 15:59:21 UTC
Maru Sha wrote:
I can confirm that you can get a 3100:1 lp or better with SoE.
Yet, I can also confirm that other high sec NPC corporation can offer the same ratio (or way better) for LPs for selected items.

These are nuggets, people like to find nuggets.
When the gold rush is in full speed, the profit will be washed away.

I don't see a problem there.

The only thing that made me wonder is the serious difference in production costs between a fully built ship and a blueprint from the LP store.

I have minimal skills and built my ships with the stuff I reprocessed running the missions. Much less LP indeed.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Notorious Fellon
#48 - 2013-12-12 16:02:02 UTC
We should NERF everything that is either:

A: Enjoyable
B: Profitable
C: Lacking Tears

That will create just the kind of game everyone wants to play.

Crime, it is not a "career", it is a lifestyle.

Jenn aSide
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#49 - 2013-12-12 16:06:09 UTC
Notorious Fellon wrote:
We should NERF everything that is either:

A: Enjoyable
B: Profitable
C: Lacking Tears

That will create just the kind of game everyone wants to play.

I swear I saw this exact same post right before CCP nerfed incursions the 1st time.....
Batelle
Filthy Peasants
#50 - 2013-12-12 16:10:50 UTC
SOE have several stations in pure blind, IMO just give them more level 4 agents.

As for the hisec agents currently having great isk/lp, that isn't really a big deal. All the mechanisms are in place for this to resolve itself naturally.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Lady Oremond
4 Marketeers
Rura-Penthe
#51 - 2013-12-12 16:28:33 UTC
Quote:

It costs less than 10 mil in minerals to build a Stratios so the blueprint is much more lucrative.

Onictus
Capital Fusion.
Pandemic Horde
#52 - 2013-12-12 16:30:18 UTC
Lady Oremond wrote:
Quote:

It costs less than 10 mil in minerals to build a Stratios so the blueprint is much more lucrative.

This.

You basically can't math if you think buying a complete hull is in any way desirable.
Stabdealer Tichim
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#53 - 2013-12-12 19:44:00 UTC
Batelle wrote:
SOE have several stations in pure blind, IMO just give them more level 4 agents.

As for the hisec agents currently having great isk/lp, that isn't really a big deal. All the mechanisms are in place for this to resolve itself naturally.

Maybe there are serveral stations, but only one The Sanctuary lv4 agent.

Mechanisms are in place but distribution of resource is manually defined, which can bring a fundamental difference.
Mr Pragmatic
#54 - 2013-12-12 20:28:53 UTC
People would be more inclined to mission in low and null if it wasn't full of people who just gank and murder for KB horring.

Or make it more lucrative or easy for other players to defend those who would mission in low sec with a BS.

As it stands right now this is the best choice if things, and if you don't like it. Too bad.

Super cali hella yolo swaga dopeness.  -Yoloswaggins, in the fellowship of the bling.

Dracnys
#55 - 2013-12-12 21:49:20 UTC
Just let the market sort this out. Opening this thread sure helps! The LP to ISK ratio will normalize once the novelty factor of the SOE ships has worn off or enough mission runners are running SOE missions. No need to change anything.
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#56 - 2013-12-12 23:04:26 UTC
lolz

" We love EVE it is this awesome sandbox where everything is based on player content and a player market ...

... ooh WAIT the player market is paying so much for SOE ships those highsec carebears are making too much money ...

... stuff the sandbox and player market CCP nerf those ships now or move those juicy missions to lowsec "

nullbears are funny :D
Stabdealer Tichim
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#57 - 2013-12-14 20:22:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Stabdealer Tichim
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
lolz

" We love EVE it is this awesome sandbox where everything is based on player content and a player market ...

... ooh WAIT the player market is paying so much for SOE ships those highsec carebears are making too much money ...

... stuff the sandbox and player market CCP nerf those ships now or move those juicy missions to lowsec "

nullbears are funny :D

The sandbox myth says "we just supply tools and player use the tools to create the world",
In practice the players can not create NPC station, can not create NPC agents, which are manually defined as governmental restriction on the LP supply.

If your definition on "sandbox" includes "total freemarket", then EVE is not a sandbox game,
Laserak
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#58 - 2013-12-14 20:29:33 UTC
I recently dropped corp on my machariel guy so I can run dem sweet highsec L4's in the complete safety of an NPC corp. Dont nerf my income bro.
Dont UseYourAlt OnTheForums
Doomheim
#59 - 2013-12-14 20:41:27 UTC
What? A place where people make lots of money and I dont?

NERF PLS, OBVIOUSLY ITS AN EXPLOIT
Patri Andari
Thukker Tribe Antiquities Importer
#60 - 2013-12-15 02:25:07 UTC
Rhivre wrote:
I have heard rumours that there are certain other high sec corps which give an even better conversion rate :)

shush you!

Be careful what you think, for your thoughts become your words. Be careful what you say, for your words become your actions. Be careful what you do, for your actions become your character. And character is everything. - author unknown