These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rubicon 1.1] Sisters of EVE Battleship

First post First post First post
Author
Mournful Conciousness
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2201 - 2014-01-29 12:41:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Mournful Conciousness
Imiarr Timshae wrote:
And the market price for the nestor is already below the ISK/LP conversion for the Stratios and Astero.

Nice to see those "Rich wormholers" who "Don't care about cost" are pushing the demand up so much Roll

Us rich wormholers are rich because we're able to make well informed decisions about cost vs utility value (successful w-space life being primarily about assessing risk vs reward).

Blink

The Nestor is a good ship for having fun on Sisi. It will be a good ship for TQ pvp at about 450m isk.

That makes the correct (from my perspective) loyally store price about 200,000LP + 0 ISK for a blueprint, given that sisters LP convert at about 2000isk/LP.

Give it covert ops cloaking and a ship maintenance bay and it starts to look interesting at the current price. Until then, it's a no go.

Embers Children is recruiting carefully selected pilots who like wormholes, green killboards and the sweet taste of tears. You can convo me in game or join the chat "TOHA Lounge".

Andrea Keuvo
Rusty Pricks
#2202 - 2014-01-29 12:46:49 UTC
Players tried to tell devs that the ship was overpriced given the stats (aka useless ship is useless). Devs stuck fingers in ears and said 'I CANT HEAR YOU I CANT HEAR YOU'. Now we have useless ship is useless on TQ.

Unfortunately this has been the theme of most of the changes for the last 2-3 patches. Devs shove nerfs/bad changes/useless moduels down the throats of players that are telling them in advance they are bad and they don't seem to care.
Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#2203 - 2014-01-29 12:51:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaju Enki
The ship is excellent, just ignore the themepark carebear tears, all they want is powercreep. When this type of players cry alot you can trust that you did your work properly.

The Tears Must Flow

Imiarr Timshae
Funny Men In Funny Hats
#2204 - 2014-01-29 12:54:29 UTC
In the 24hrs (ish) since release of the Nestor Jita has sold:

88 Nestors
85 Machariels
81 Rattlesnakes
44 Nightmares
40 Vindicators
23 Bhaalgorns

In the 24hrs since release of the Stratios Jita had sold:

1162 Stratios
108 Cynabal
97 Gila
68 Vigilants
20 Ashimmus
17 Phantasms

Big smile
Andrea Keuvo
Rusty Pricks
#2205 - 2014-01-29 13:02:25 UTC
Imiarr Timshae wrote:

88 Nestors

Big smile

I'm guessing 87 of those went to be spun by ship collectors and 1 was failfit, undocked, and killed
Mournful Conciousness
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2206 - 2014-01-29 13:04:43 UTC
Andrea Keuvo wrote:
Imiarr Timshae wrote:

88 Nestors

Big smile

I'm guessing 87 of those went to be spun by ship collectors and 1 was failfit, undocked, and killed

I think CCP stooges bought them all in the same way that a failing author might buy his own books...

Embers Children is recruiting carefully selected pilots who like wormholes, green killboards and the sweet taste of tears. You can convo me in game or join the chat "TOHA Lounge".

Steph Livingston
Neko's Blanket
#2207 - 2014-01-29 14:11:22 UTC
Eh, I'm willing to give the Nestor the benefit of the doubt for now. I won't buy one off the market, but I may pick one up using LP, when I have a surplus.

I know it's not the greatest ship right now, but I really want to be able to give CCP some solid feedback so they can balance it properly over the next few patches.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2208 - 2014-01-29 14:30:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
Mournful Conciousness wrote:
I think CCP stooges bought them all in the same way that a failing author might buy his own books...

Never underestimate the power of market manipulation… I see the price has slowly crept back up $100-million ISK or so, but I think that's being artificially inflated. The Nestor isn't a "must have" ship at this price, so just wait - it'll either come down or remain an albatross…

Steph Livingston wrote:
I know it's not the greatest ship right now, but I really want to be able to give CCP some solid feedback so they can balance it properly over the next few patches.

The best feedback you can provide is not buying one.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

HiddenPorpoise
Jarlhettur's Drop
United Federation of Conifers
#2209 - 2014-01-29 15:26:39 UTC
Two nestors have been killed so far, duel tank unrigged in Amarr, and duel tank medium autocannons in Red Fed.
They haven't really killed anything too fancy yet either.
Vincintius Agrippa
Crimson Serpent Syndicate
#2210 - 2014-01-29 18:33:15 UTC
Vaju Enki wrote:
The ship is excellent, just ignore the themepark carebear tears, all they want is powercreep. When this type of players cry alot you can trust that you did your work properly.

Oh yes, because everyone who isnt from nullsec is a carebear and as such are forbidden from speaking on matters that effect the game they are spending money every month to play.
Only YOU can prevent internet bullying!
Vincintius Agrippa
#2211 - 2014-01-29 18:37:59 UTC
Steph Livingston wrote:
Eh, I'm willing to give the Nestor the benefit of the doubt for now. I won't buy one off the market, but I may pick one up using LP, when I have a surplus.

The idea that it will take a few patches to fix a single object that was said to be flawed and tried before its release (unlike other modules that we wont mention) is indicative of CCP's fail staff and development process.
Vincintius Agrippa
#2212 - 2014-01-29 18:40:44 UTC
Vincintius Agrippa wrote:
Steph Livingston wrote:

The idea that it will take a few patches to fix a single object that was said to be flawed and tried before its release (unlike other modules that we wont mention) is indicative of CCP's fail staff and development process.

Oh, and not to forget: Their general ungivingafucks unbalanced illogical thought processes that promote stupid ideas.

aka the ass backwards factory that is ccp headquarters.
Dex Cordell
EVE University
Ivy League
#2213 - 2014-01-29 19:17:47 UTC
You still didn't fix the DX11 performance lapses...Sad
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2214 - 2014-01-29 20:29:35 UTC
Vaju Enki wrote:

This is hilarious considering so many posters from all areas and activities have stated how underwhelming it is.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2215 - 2014-01-29 22:36:24 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
This is hilarious considering so many posters from all areas and activities have stated how underwhelming it is.

It was underwhelming on paper, so I don't see how anything would've changed with the actual release unless they snuck a Covert Ops cloak onto it.

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#2216 - 2014-01-29 23:49:49 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:

It was underwhelming on paper, so I don't see how anything would've changed with the actual release unless they snuck a Covert Ops cloak onto it.

I have flown one ... the once to move it from where I made it. It can sit in my ship collection with my primae and echelon and gnosis and zephyr and apotheosis and all the named shuttles and thrashers and catalysts I have collected over the years :D

I can confirm it is just as underwhelming in game as it appears on paper :D Even attempting to gank proof it for just the one flight, the lack of grid in particular is a bit of a nightmare . Sure looks prurty in flight though.

Now .... if they had found a way to make it useful as a logi for the incursion community you would be seeing these things fetching 3 Bill easy.

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2217 - 2014-01-30 00:18:32 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
Sure looks prurty in flight though.

It looks like a handheld food processor...

Divi Filus
New Xenocracy
#2218 - 2014-01-30 02:23:28 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
Sure looks prurty in flight though.

It looks like a handheld food processor...

Is that better or worse than the running shoes, space chickens, or "personal massagers" that already populate EVE? YMMV; personally, I think it looks great. My issue is with performance, not aesthetics.
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#2219 - 2014-01-30 02:34:52 UTC
Imiarr Timshae wrote:

88 Nestors
85 Machariels
81 Rattlesnakes
44 Nightmares
40 Vindicators
23 Bhaalgorns

In the 24hrs since release of the Stratios Jita had sold:

1162 Stratios
108 Cynabal
97 Gila
68 Vigilants
20 Ashimmus
17 Phantasms

Big smile

What about the Astero?

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#2220 - 2014-01-30 02:45:56 UTC
To be fair, Battleships take longer to build than cruisers, so it's going to take longer for them to roll off the lines in numbers. But yea.... Underwhelming sale numbers as expected. And if the price is already below the Stratios, the market has soundly spoken. Given how crazy the stratios prices were for the first week.
Astero & Stratios both were useful, if they felt pure Gallente due to no useful laser bonuses and needing the cap for everything else being best not laser fitted mainly.
Nestor is just terrible.