These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rubicon 1.1] Sisters of EVE Battleship

First post First post First post
Author
Spugg Galdon
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2121 - 2014-01-23 18:59:53 UTC
Divi Filus wrote:

With that being said, I suppose there's nothing more but to wait for what will, with any luck, be the fastest ship introduction to rebalance turnaround time yet.

Forward to 1.2.

I think the Dominix holds that record currently after it was realised how insane it was. And oh so many people thought the Armageddon would out shine it. How silly we were.

I too join the gang of "disappointed with the design". I hope to kill anyone I find flying one with a gang of 15 destroyers.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#2122 - 2014-01-23 20:17:33 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
By request I'm posting to say the ship isn't going to have any changes before 1.1

LOL GF

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#2123 - 2014-01-23 21:15:41 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
By request I'm posting to say the ship isn't going to have any changes before 1.1

Alright, but just remember when you see the utilization statistics for the nestor (after the 'new shiny' factor wears off), we told you exactly what would happen and why.
Dedee Rediculous
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#2124 - 2014-01-23 23:34:58 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:

We want to see what activity looks like the way it is currently and make adjustments after. I'd also really like to look at finding ways to drop sisters ships outside of LP so that we can have some effect on the price in a way other than lowering the LP cost, but I'm not sure when we can get that figured out and implemented.

Whelp, no way in hell I'm wasting the money on it.
Cheng Musana
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#2125 - 2014-01-24 00:37:46 UTC
looking at the damage output i think i would rather use a dominix with lasers then a nestor.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2126 - 2014-01-24 01:18:42 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:

We want to see what activity looks like the way it is currently and make adjustments after. I'd also really like to look at finding ways to drop sisters ships outside of LP so that we can have some effect on the price in a way other than lowering the LP cost, but I'm not sure when we can get that figured out and implemented.

This is kind of like how Ford developed the Pinto... I'm not sure if you realize just how off-the-mark this ship is, but the numbers will soon bear out what many have been saying in this thread about the Nestor: Expensive and underwhelming. Let us know when the [Summer] Sisters of EVE Battleship rebalance thread is ready to go...

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

EVEtest Thefirst
Umbrarum Paradisi
#2127 - 2014-01-24 02:20:58 UTC
I like this idea from a while back... maybe they could look into doing this, seeing as it'll be a kind of problematic ship Big smile

wrote:

NESTOR

Amarr Battleship Bonuses:
4% bonus to armor resistances per level

Gallente Battleship Bonuses:
10% bonus to drone damage and hitpoints per level

Role Bonuses:
150% bonus to Armor Repair Drone effectiveness
50% bonus to Large Energy Turret range
50% increased strength for scan probes
70% reduction to Micro Jump Drive activation time and reactivation delay
+20 virus strength for relic and data analyzers
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#2128 - 2014-01-24 02:41:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Hasikan Miallok
PotatoOverdose wrote:
CCP Rise wrote:

Alright, but just remember when you see the utilization statistics for the nestor (after the 'new shiny' factor wears off), we told you exactly what would happen and why.

Actually people will initially buy and use it cos its new and shiney and for a lot of players 2 Billion is sorta meh ... loose change ... but unless an unexpected niche roll arises out of nowhere (always possible) it may eventually turn into another station spinner.
Rena Monachica
Capital Hot Rods
#2129 - 2014-01-24 03:42:44 UTC
For the price of a rattler hull, I would consider it. Could be a nice Sentry Boat. Oh wait ..

never mind
Jasen Harper
The Holy Rollers
#2130 - 2014-01-24 04:20:01 UTC
The ship needs another 700-800 PG and a mid traded for another low at the very least.

Can't fit Tachs, barely fits Pulses with a mediocre tank...can't shield tank because "wasted bonus" and doesn't have the CPU anyway...ugh...

As someone that has all fitting skills to V, this thing is a nightmare to work with. I feel sorry for those that don't literally have perfect skills and buys one of these. In fact I think that anyone that buys one of these come release are nuts.

As it stands fitting this ship requires more compromise than it's worth and there are better ships that can do all the same jobs and cost less. Hell, a fully fit Archon will cost less than the hull cost of the Nestor...and provides real RR armor support along with a whole host of other useful benefits. Add in the fact that I can just cyno an Archon to almost anywhere I need it and it's a no brainer.

You guys have created an abomination.

The Templis Dragonaurs are an ultra-nationalist Caldari [s]terrorist[/s] organization whose origins date back to the Tikiona States. They are the most anti-Gallentean political entity in New Eden, and were secretly involved in the destruction of Nouvelle Rouvenor.

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2131 - 2014-01-24 05:03:25 UTC
Jasen Harper wrote:

See you in 6 months when they release the "minor" adjustment...

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#2132 - 2014-01-24 05:52:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Hasikan Miallok
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Jasen Harper wrote:

See you in 6 months when they release the "minor" adjustment...

lol .. you mean after they balance it to the point its ridiculously OP and then after the goons complain , nerf it so its worse than original :D
Ryan Paladin
Reckless-Endangerment
Manifesto.
#2133 - 2014-01-24 06:16:47 UTC
The scanning/hacking bonuses as well as the laser bonuses should be axed. I don't know what they should be replaced with if anything but I personally want it gone. I understand the design philosophy: make the ultimate wormhole battleship. Low mass, great spider tanking abilities, drone bonuses, scan and hacking bonuses... but while the first three are great I can promise that no reasonably intelligent wormhole dweller will fit this thing for hacking or scanning. I have spent my last few months of Eve in a wormhole and when I heard the initial concept I was interested. Now though.... meh. I would rather just stick to Dominix spider tanks or if I feel a need for something shiny and Rattlesnake or Dominix Navy Issue. Like the smaller SOE ships it's one ship trying to do way too much except the problems are further highlighted by being a battleship.

I kind of ranted so tl;dr:

Drop the all purpose wormhole battleship bs and refine it into a proper wormhole RR and drone boat that will see real use.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2134 - 2014-01-24 06:41:07 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
lol .. you mean after they balance it to the point its ridiculously OP and then after the goons complain , nerf it so its worse than original :D

That's slated for the Winter update. Lol

Jowen Datloran
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#2135 - 2014-01-24 09:15:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Jowen Datloran
CCP Rise wrote:
I'd also really like to look at finding ways to drop sisters ships outside of LP so that we can have some effect on the price in a way other than lowering the LP cost, but I'm not sure when we can get that figured out and implemented.

Called it.

Also, I now feel much better for not trying to collect 600k SOE LP, as you are just about to screw that effort over to push out your ship. Thinking about it, if the cost of 600k LP is going to to make the market cost of the Nestor too high, then why is it priced at 600k LP?

If you introduce alternative ways of obtaining the BPC it is very likely, that the frequency of BPC drops through these ways, will be the primary, if not sole, determinant on the price of the Nestor and only fools with no math skills will use the SOE Store.

Again, why have you stubbornly insisted that the Nestor should cost 600.000 SOE LP, when you already know, that the Nestor is not worth 600.000 SOE LP?

Mr. Science & Trade Institute, EVE Online Lorebook 

Boudacca Sangrere
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2136 - 2014-01-24 10:15:55 UTC
Considering all the good will I can muster, and the fun I have otherwise in this game, the Nestor is certainly not you best dev effort. Of course, player want something really slick, and devs have to balance that, but in this case you have clearly not found the middle ground (yet). It is too bad, because the Nestor could have really be something special (not just in damage etc.)

B.
Hexatron Ormand
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#2137 - 2014-01-24 13:15:00 UTC
Have been playing around with one of those on the testserver. Have to say they are quite a nightmare to fit. Even with my pretty high skills in the overall ship fitting, i was barely able to squeeze a working PvE-Fit onto it. Once i managed that, i was quite underwhelmed. I see no reason chosing this ship over any of the other others out there, actually in most PvEing cases, pretty much all other ships are a better choice.

Comparing it with my favourite PvE-Drone boat i currently use, the Rattlesnake, there is no reason to even consider the Nestor - and that with me flying in sansha space, where lasers would rock. But fitting this ship sucks so much, that my Rattlesnake still easily outdamages it, and on top of it tanks 2-3 times as well, and has 4-5 times longer cap. So the Nestor loses in every aspect.

I feel it should get at least more powergrid, so you can squeeze in the middle sized large beam lasers, as right now, you can only fit the smallest ones. Even better would be tachyons, then it may be able to compare with the rattlesnake dmg wise.

Right now, the nestor may only have a niche use, for very specialized or rare cases, or maybe PvP - as it may be possible to build up an very amazing spider tank with a fleet of those. Yet their cost may even negate this sort of use.

You wanted an all around ship for many uses and cases, that can be used in most of them, without outshining anything. Thats a valid point, yet this iteration is so underwhelming, that it has no place in my personal plans anymore after flying and trying it. The "without outshining anything" part was kept in mind when building it so much, that is is now so underwhelming in 95% of all cases, that there is no reason to ever fly it.

Guess it is time to buy some more shinies for my Rattlesnake, as i feel this ship will be my favourite choice for a long time to come.....
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#2138 - 2014-01-24 13:38:18 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
I'd also really like to look at finding ways to drop sisters ships outside of LP so that we can have some effect on the price in a way other than lowering the LP cost, but I'm not sure when we can get that figured out and implemented.

Drop them in Ghost sites maybe.
Mournful Conciousness
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2139 - 2014-01-24 13:50:09 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
CCP Rise wrote:

Drop them in Ghost sites maybe.

The problem I see with this is that it cuts across the SoE and ghost site narrative, unless the SoE are planting their own relics for their recruits to find as a training exercise...

Since there are no anti-SoE plexes the only logical place to get this ship is in the SoE LP store, it's just that the abilities do not justify the LP cost.

Perhaps Rise could bring himself to compromise by offering a Nestor BPC for 300k LP as well as a complete Nestor for 600k LP.

Then at least they'd be available for ~1.2Bn ISK, which is at least low enough to try one out.

Embers Children is recruiting carefully selected pilots who like wormholes, green killboards and the sweet taste of tears. You can convo me in game or join the chat "TOHA Lounge".

Steph Livingston
Neko's Blanket
#2140 - 2014-01-24 16:54:40 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:

One option that I'd like to see: Have each cosmic anomaly/site have a very small chance of spawning a SoE ship which you can assist in a simple objective (hack a specific canister, protect it from pirates etc), or fight (if that's your thing), in exchange for loot.

It would show the SoE pursuing their goals in game and provide an alternate game-play mechanic to obtain SoE loot, seems like a Win-win to me.