These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rubicon 1.1] Sisters of EVE Battleship

First post First post First post
Author
Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#2041 - 2014-01-17 01:09:33 UTC
I just realized how much the omni changes will help the Nestor- it'll be helpful Big smile
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2042 - 2014-01-17 02:30:49 UTC
Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci wrote:
I just realized how much the omni changes will help the Nestor- it'll be helpful Big smile

You mean it'll have the capacitor to run active omni units now? Roll

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#2043 - 2014-01-17 02:33:27 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:

Hah, that too... but really, now it'll be easier to compensate for the lack of the domi's tracking/range bonus: we'll be able to adjust accordingly with scripts and make it more versatile and usable (distance or tracking).
Dehval
Ascendance Rising
Ascendance..
#2044 - 2014-01-17 04:05:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Dehval
Arthur Aihaken wrote:

Hah, that too... but really, now it'll be easier to compensate for the lack of the domi's tracking/range bonus: we'll be able to adjust accordingly with scripts and make it more versatile and usable (distance or tracking).

You do realize it is a nerf to omni's, right?

Tracking will be slightly higher than before if you script for it (and overheat as well, I guess), but optimal will be much much lower (even after accounting for the additional falloff) when scripted and you don't get the benefit of both like we do now.

(T2)
Now = 25% tracking and 25% optimal
1.1 = 30% tracking OR 15% optimal + 30% falloff. 15/7.5/15 unscripted.
Quinn Corvez
Perkone
Caldari State
#2045 - 2014-01-17 07:50:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Quinn Corvez
So it's gonna be even worse? Shocked
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#2046 - 2014-01-17 07:50:56 UTC
After testing the Nestor, I can say one thing:

At least it turns quickly.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2047 - 2014-01-17 08:26:25 UTC
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
After testing the Nestor, I can say one thing:
At least it turns quickly.

Is that enough of a redeeming feature for the $2-billion ISK pricetag?

Laner Irondoll
Hideaway Hunters
The Hideaway.
#2048 - 2014-01-17 09:20:55 UTC
I'm an explorer and the Nestor looks totally useless for exploration.
IMO drop the remote repairs bonus and add an hangar for 2 fitted cruisers.
Irya Boone
The Scope
#2049 - 2014-01-17 10:27:17 UTC
no covert ops cloacking ? can we have an explanation Why blackops and nestor don't have covert ops cloaking device ability?

CCP it's time to remove Off Grid Boost and Put Them on Killmail too, add Logi on killmails .... Open that damn door !!

you shall all bow and pray BoB

Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#2050 - 2014-01-17 12:06:14 UTC
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2051 - 2014-01-17 17:16:07 UTC
I found the Nestor shipyards...

Divi Filus
New Xenocracy
#2052 - 2014-01-17 17:47:01 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
I found the Nestor shipyards...

I always thought those drone bays looked a little battlestarish...
Quinn Corvez
Perkone
Caldari State
#2053 - 2014-01-17 17:48:52 UTC
Look at I this way CCP Rise/Fozzie, for publicity sake, you can introduce the SOE BS by saying "Introdcuing the Nestor - it's like a weak dominix that has scanning bonuses"

Or you could say something like: "introducing the first covert ops battleship in new eden... The SOE Nestor".

Now which do you think is the most exciting and has the better chance of increasing/keeping subscriptions?
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2054 - 2014-01-17 17:51:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
Quinn Corvez wrote:
Look at I this way CCP Rise/Fozzie, for publicity sake, you can introduce the SOE BS by saying "Introdcuing the Nestor - it's like a weak dominix that has scanning bonuses"

Or you could say something like: "introducing the first covert ops battleship in new eden... The SOE Nestor".

Now which do you think is the most exciting and has the better chance of increasing/keeping subscriptions?

"Introducing the Nestor… All your ISK are belong to us."

Roy Alleyne
Dark Knowledge.
#2055 - 2014-01-17 18:15:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Roy Alleyne
I've been thinking lore, dangerous I know Blink... What better way to provide non-capsuleer rescue operations than by carrying around a dry dock with you? After all, when the USS Cole was damaged, they didn't send repair crews, they sent the Blue Marlin to scoop her up out of the sea and carry her home. Of course, those nasty capsuleers will probably use it to carry ships into battle rather than rescuing them, but is that really so nasty as to deny the poor, stranded masses of humanity suffering under the thumb of virtual gods from gaining a savior?Big smile
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2056 - 2014-01-17 18:19:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
Roy Alleyne wrote:
I've been thinking lore, dangerous I know... What better way to provide non-capsuleer rescue operations than by carrying around a dry dock with you?

Arguably, between the remote armor reps and drones - you could probably accomplish this with the existing fit. All you'd need is a bonus to remote hull reps and you'd be set… I still won't pay $2-billion for it, I wouldn't even shell out $1-billion for it - and I don't think I'm alone in this respect.

Divi Filus
New Xenocracy
#2057 - 2014-01-17 18:33:15 UTC
At this point it just sounds like they're giving themselves more to do for the pirate ship rebalance.

Now excuse me while I tape more tinfoil to my head.
Aglais
Ice-Storm
#2058 - 2014-01-17 18:54:46 UTC
Divi Filus wrote:
At this point it just sounds like they're giving themselves more to do for the pirate ship rebalance.

Now excuse me while I tape more tinfoil to my head.

I think they can really take their time before they hit the point in time in which they start rebalancing pirate faction ships.

I still have a really bad feeling about what's going to happen to Gurista ships...

Maybe though they'll take another look at the SOE ships during that pass, though. And perhaps make the Nestor have a distinct set of skills that actually help it do something, like the Astero and Stratios.
Divi Filus
New Xenocracy
#2059 - 2014-01-17 19:11:56 UTC
Aglais wrote:
I think they can really take their time before they hit the point in time in which they start rebalancing pirate faction ships.

You think wrong.
Aglais
Ice-Storm
#2060 - 2014-01-17 19:19:31 UTC
Divi Filus wrote:
Aglais wrote:

You think wrong.

(screams internally)

Maybe if I sell it all now I can at least get ISK out of them.

Maybe this will be construed as a hint regarding general playerbase confidence in the latest ship rebalancing/design choices.