These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Eve Down Under Bombshell: No Sov overhaul until at least Winter 2014

First post First post First post
Author
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#101 - 2013-12-02 04:45:55 UTC
Reiisha wrote:
Instead of complaining about it, why not offer solutions that could actually work? CCP is just a stumped about it as you guys and are looking for a proper way to do it.

They can start by turning off email notifications. If you cant be arsed to notice your stuff is reinforced despite the big red reinforced beacon you lose.

After that fix timers or get rid of them. If you're not able to recruit enough people who play in off hours you should lose to those who can and vice versa.

A more fluid dynamic EvE where you need to have some people on line round the clock for Sov is a great change imo.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#102 - 2013-12-02 05:07:33 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Reiisha wrote:
Instead of complaining about it, why not offer solutions that could actually work? CCP is just a stumped about it as you guys and are looking for a proper way to do it.

They can start by turning off email notifications. If you cant be arsed to notice your stuff is reinforced despite the big red reinforced beacon you lose.

After that fix timers or get rid of them. If you're not able to recruit enough people who play in off hours you should lose to those who can and vice versa.

A more fluid dynamic EvE where you need to have some people on line round the clock for Sov is a great change imo.

Historically introducing quality of life nerfs has worked out poorly. You parroted "remove timers" in another thread and we already told you its a bad idea. It means that we can unleash an unstoppable structure breaking behemoth like DBRB or Lyris and all enemy structures will be destroyed. It removes content from the game as well because it reduces defending to a tedious ~watch~ of literally every structure. Tell me how fun it is to stare at a structure for hours on end doing nothing, right that isn't fun and no one will do it. With no one defending it becomes which blob is bigger. Guess who has the bigger blob? That's right it isn't the soloists your bad idea is trying to help.

You want solo to work well? Give people a reason to live in their space; perhaps by nerfing highsec. So the next question you need to answer is "why don't people live in their own space?" I did a whole bunch of thinking for you so now I expect a good post from you. You have no excuse for failing to make a good post with most of the work already being done for you.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#103 - 2013-12-02 05:20:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
La Nariz wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Reiisha wrote:

Historically introducing quality of life nerfs has worked out poorly. You parroted "remove timers" in another thread and we already told you its a bad idea. It means that we can unleash an unstoppable structure breaking behemoth like DBRB or Lyris and all enemy structures will be destroyed. It removes content from the game as well because it reduces defending to a tedious ~watch~ of literally every structure. Tell me how fun it is to stare at a structure for hours on end doing nothing, right that isn't fun and no one will do it. With no one defending it becomes which blob is bigger. Guess who has the bigger blob? That's right it isn't the soloists your bad idea is trying to help.

You want solo to work well? Give people a reason to live in their space; perhaps by nerfing highsec. So the next question you need to answer is "why don't people live in their own space?" I did a whole bunch of thinking for you so now I expect a good post from you. You have no excuse for failing to make a good post with most of the work already being done for you.

Lol, good post? You're hoping, you've got more chance of being run down by the USS Nimitz, while walking down Kensington High Street wearing flipflops and a diamond encrusted tutu.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Terranid Meester
Tactical Assault and Recon Unit
#104 - 2013-12-02 05:44:08 UTC
Sov based on having most customs offices in the system?
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#105 - 2013-12-02 06:01:37 UTC
Terranid Meester wrote:

Sov based on spamable structures has been done before. From everything I've heard it's even worse than the current system.
Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#106 - 2013-12-02 06:03:39 UTC
Terranid Meester wrote:

Dominion was made largely because owning the most moons in a system sucked as a method of deciding who was the sovereign power. That is basically pre-dominion-lite.

Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#107 - 2013-12-02 06:05:19 UTC
Just a word since some people still raise this point ITT from time to time (even though it's kind of obvious). If you guys want people to live in space their corp/alliance owns, there should be means available to make more people living in the same system not counter-productive.
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#108 - 2013-12-02 07:22:26 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Reiisha wrote:

Lol, good post? You're hoping, you've got more chance of being run down by the USS Nimitz, while walking down Kensington High Street wearing flipflops and a diamond encrusted tutu.

You're thinking too simplistically. The only reason CFC is able to hold as much space as it does is because of timers. The reason you are opposed to removing them is because if they were removed you would not be demolishing every structure in game but desperately trying to prevent all the little alliances that you can usually pwn with your 24 hour CTA from demolishing your structures.

Without timers and mail notifications it would be open season on CFC sov.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Verenkh Soleron
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#109 - 2013-12-02 07:58:51 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Without timers and mail notifications it would be open season on CFC sov.

Without timers and mail notifications it would be open season on everyone, not just CFC.

That said, the usual idea of "nerfing highsec" was aired, which means the poster isn't necessarily smart enough to realize much. Since all nerfing highsec will do is make people leave the game. EVE is not zero sum. You can't make highsec X worse and expect nullsec to automatically get that X better. It doesn't work like that. All you'll end up doing by nerfing other parts of the game is making the game worse for yourself, in the end.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#110 - 2013-12-02 08:06:26 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
You're thinking too simplistically. The only reason CFC is able to hold as much space as it does is because of timers.

The only reason the CFC hasn't conquered all of sov null in a month is also because of timers.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Merovee
Gorthaur Legion
Imperium Mordor
#111 - 2013-12-02 08:23:26 UTC
Put all the sov junk on the ground
Let dust players battle over it.

Empire, the next new world order.

Scatim Helicon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#112 - 2013-12-02 09:04:15 UTC
Merovee wrote:
Put all the sov junk on the ground
Let dust players battle over it.

That would first require there to be any Dust players.

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Scatim Helicon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#113 - 2013-12-02 09:10:58 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
You're thinking too simplistically. The only reason CFC is able to hold as much space as it does is because of timers. The reason you are opposed to removing them is because if they were removed you would not be demolishing every structure in game but desperately trying to prevent all the little alliances that you can usually pwn with your 24 hour CTA from demolishing your structures.

What little alliances?

Who are these masses of scrappy underdogs just wishing they could own a constellation of -0.1 truesec in the assend of Pure Blind or Tenal if only it wasn't for the big bad Sov Timers keeping them down?

And how does removing timers stop us from stomping them right back to Empire once they erect timer-less sov structures of their own?

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Prince Kobol
#114 - 2013-12-02 10:04:38 UTC
Removing timers is the most ******** idea ever..

Please stop
Bobby Frutt
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#115 - 2013-12-02 10:17:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Bobby Frutt
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
My lord there is a lot of silliness in this thread. The primary function of null sec is to serve as player owned and operated space. The insistence that null works in the absence of a good sov mechanic, merely because various ancillary aspects of null work, is like insisting that a plane works because, even though it can't get airborne, the seat backs and tray tables appear to be in their full upright and locked positions. Roll

- "The primary function of null sec is to serve as player owned and operated space."
That is not the primary function. That is an activity to engage in based on a null-specific mechanic.

The primary function of null-sec is to be lawless space. If a specific mechanic built into lawless space does not function correctly, that mechanic is broken.
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#116 - 2013-12-02 10:25:53 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Who cares about SOV?

Just trespass. CCP is providing a new tool for that, and has already provided a frigate and cruiser to that end.

Don't like it? Stop camping the gate and try warping around a bit.

Have you even been to null?

been there for 1 year. carebeared, participated in sov-war.

any more stupid questions?

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Prince Kobol
#117 - 2013-12-02 10:30:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Prince Kobol
March rabbit wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Who cares about SOV?

Just trespass. CCP is providing a new tool for that, and has already provided a frigate and cruiser to that end.

Don't like it? Stop camping the gate and try warping around a bit.

Have you even been to null?

been there for 1 year. carebeared, participated in sov-war.

any more stupid questions?

If I unscrew my belly button will my bum fall off?
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#118 - 2013-12-02 10:32:17 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:
You're thinking too simplistically. The only reason CFC is able to hold as much space as it does is because of timers.

The only reason the CFC hasn't conquered all of sov null in a month is also because of timers.

So what. At least it would be player created change not timer stagnation. And the up side CCP would have to fix it sooner rather than the usual CCP "soon".

Btw people seem to think I don't benefit from timers but I do. They make it easy to hang in null not harder. The reason I don't like them is because they're artificial and I like player driven content - thats what this game is marketed as.

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#119 - 2013-12-02 10:37:20 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
So, Dinsdale, how do you reconcile that assertion you just made with the fact that the people most loudly pushing for a change in sov are the Goons themselves?

Or do you just ignore that minor inconvenience?

yea, goons and others whine loudly but i haven't seen ONE idea about changes in SOV came from them. Usually it's some NPC alts or people from low/WH/high-sec producing something which gets killed fast by any 0.0 people around.

It looks like people request attention but don't want to change anything

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#120 - 2013-12-02 11:04:02 UTC
March rabbit wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
So, Dinsdale, how do you reconcile that assertion you just made with the fact that the people most loudly pushing for a change in sov are the Goons themselves?

Or do you just ignore that minor inconvenience?

yea, goons and others whine loudly but i haven't seen ONE idea about changes in SOV came from them. Usually it's some NPC alts or people from low/WH/high-sec producing something which gets killed fast by any 0.0 people around.

It looks like people request attention but don't want to change anything

on the front page of this very thread, see el digins post.