These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Eve Down Under Bombshell: No Sov overhaul until at least Winter 2014

First post First post First post
Author
Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#61 - 2013-12-01 18:23:04 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
The increased activity preceded Rubicon.

Yes - the nerfing and redistribution of goo caused that.
Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#62 - 2013-12-01 18:26:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Pinky Hops
I suppose vast swaths of 0 - 2 jump per hour sov nullsec with the occaisional docked pilot counts as a "lot of activity" then, because that's what I saw throughout most of nullsec pre-Rubicon.

Stop with the self-importance. These agreements are not having a large impact on the actual game.

Mechanic changes, expansions, content releases, are what have a strong impact on the population in null. Random rental agreements do nothing.

I can't even tell the difference between rental space and non-rental space without looking up to see which name indicates what, because it's pretty much all the same: empty.

The recent spike in activity from Rubicon will slowly drop back down to where it was (perhaps a bit higher depending on how many new subscribers CCP picked up) as the novelty wears off.
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#63 - 2013-12-01 18:54:20 UTC
for me the litmus test of if 0.0 has people living in it should not be based on people currently docked in a station system...
It should be based on the amount of rats killed in the system per day.

from what i can see the large swaths of renting space has on average over 1500 rats killed per day. so that means they are being farmed.

sure its not as much as the 26000 you see in high sec mission hubs. but its a start. and its allot more then it was just a few months ago.

i think if ccp gets the farms and fields idea for 0.0 implemented you will see a drastic rise in the rats killed per day average in 0.0

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#64 - 2013-12-01 18:57:51 UTC
Anoms are limited.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#65 - 2013-12-01 18:59:04 UTC
CCP obviously doesn't actually care about fixing nullsec, and no amount of useless platitudes from them is going to convince me otherwise. Actions speak louder than words, and their actions say that they only care enough to give us tiny iterations and features to shut us up for a little while, rather than actually putting any effort at all into fixing the problem.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#66 - 2013-12-01 19:03:37 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
for me the litmus test of if 0.0 has people living in it should not be based on people currently docked in a station system...
It should be based on the amount of rats killed in the system per day.

from what i can see the large swaths of renting space has on average over 1500 rats killed per day. so that means they are being farmed.

sure its not as much as the 26000 you see in high sec mission hubs. but its a start. and its allot more then it was just a few months ago.

i think if ccp gets the farms and fields idea for 0.0 implemented you will see a drastic rise in the rats killed per day average in 0.0

I get 2 hubs and 2 named hubs, if I farm my system up to 5. ie enough for 2 people online.

Also anomolies are more boring than missions, and when you have more people living in a system, the more interesting content (deds and the like) becomes very sparse, and if you have 10 people logged on at once farming, they start to hit the same anom, and if you have 15 people, then 3 or 4 anoms are down respawning, and people are regularly warping into the same anom.

Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#67 - 2013-12-01 19:28:14 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
CCP obviously doesn't actually care about fixing nullsec

Nullsec seems to be working just fine to me.

The nodes are up. I can fly around in my ship. I can choose to do any content that randomly spawns, or go around looking for a fight, or whatever.

Working as intended.

What's broken about nullsec?
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#68 - 2013-12-01 19:43:37 UTC
Clearly you're not a participant in territorial warfare, which is the part that needs to be fixed.

M1k3y Koontz
Speaker for the Dead
Stay Feral
#69 - 2013-12-01 19:45:52 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Yeah, that's why nobody's shooting anything anymore.

Oh wait.

Fights where outnumbering your enemy 2:1 is the only way to win, which, if you win, you then you have to shoot through billions of HP of structures and what totals up to months of timers to take the space that you've won in "honorable" space combat that your enemy is no longer defending is a great system for a game that people want to play for fun.

Oh wait.

How much herp could a herp derp derp if a herp derp could herp derp.

Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#70 - 2013-12-01 19:46:30 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Clearly you're not a participant in territorial warfare, which is the part that needs to be fixed.

you mean the sov system then, not nullsec.

there are many aspects of nullsec, of which one is the sov system. nullsec as a whole is not "broken" even if the sov system is.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#71 - 2013-12-01 19:53:34 UTC
Pinky Hops wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

there are many aspects of nullsec, of which one is the sov system. nullsec as a whole is not "broken" even if the sov system is.

Considering the vast majority of nullsec is sov space then yes, it's broken.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#72 - 2013-12-01 19:54:50 UTC
M1k3y Koontz wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

Oh wait.

Fights where outnumbering your enemy 2:1 is the only way to win, which, if you win, you then you have to shoot through billions of HP of structures and what totals up to months of timers to take the space that you've won in "honorable" space combat that your enemy is no longer defending is a great system for a game that people want to play for fun.

Oh wait.

Basically, yeah.

Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#73 - 2013-12-01 19:55:06 UTC
Pinky Hops wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

nullsec is quite broken, ie the game should both feature fun territorial fights, and territory worth fighting for, and great swathes of it don't fit the latter.

Prince Kobol
#74 - 2013-12-01 19:57:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Prince Kobol
Pinky Hops wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

Yes because industry in null sec is just peachy and the ways for people to earn isk is also fantastic...

Also where the hell are our destructible stations !!!!
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#75 - 2013-12-01 20:01:10 UTC
Why would we want to destroy stations though. That would just make it even more tedious to take space since redeveloping it becomes even more tedious.

Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#76 - 2013-12-01 20:05:54 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

Except the space works just fine with or without sov.

You could just delete the whole sov system right now and nullsec would keep on working just fine.

Nullsec is not broken. Nullsec works just fine.

Don't project your alliance problems into the entirety of the game.

*Snip* Please refrain from personal attacks. ISD Ezwal

James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Why would we want to destroy stations though. That would just make it even more tedious to take space since redeveloping it becomes even more tedious.

Perhaps because it's a sandbox game and what you perceive as tedious is irrelevant.
M1k3y Koontz
Speaker for the Dead
Stay Feral
#77 - 2013-12-01 20:05:56 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
M1k3y Koontz wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

Oh wait.

Oh wait.

Basically, yeah.

Ok, so just one question: What're you smoking? Cause if you enjoy 10% tidi and shooting Ihubs with bombers until your eyes bleed you need a brain scan. That, or you're afraid of what happens to your internet spaceship pixel empire when the system changes and 1000 people are no longer required to harass sov empires.

How much herp could a herp derp derp if a herp derp could herp derp.

Prince Kobol
#78 - 2013-12-01 20:07:02 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

It depends on how it was done.

If it meant that what ever was in the station during the time it went boom.. then it would be worth it.

Also I do subscribe to the thinking that there should no item in game that is made by players that should last forever.
Prince Kobol
#79 - 2013-12-01 20:08:37 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Pinky Hops wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

Except the space works just fine with or without sov.

You could just delete the whole sov system right now and nullsec would keep on working just fine.

Nullsec is not broken. Nullsec works just fine.

Don't project your alliance problems into the entirety of the game.

*Snip* Please refrain from personal attacks. ISD Ezwal

James Amril-Kesh wrote:

Perhaps because it's a sandbox game and what you perceive as tedious is irrelevant.

Again you either deliberately missed the point regarding Industry being awful in null sec or you just realise that you have no argument refuse to comment.

Also it is not just goons affected, its he majority who lives in null who have this opinion.
Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#80 - 2013-12-01 20:12:46 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Prince Kobol wrote:
Again you either deliberately missed the point regarding Industry being awful in null sec

My point was only that nullsec itself is perfectly fine.

If there's a problem with the sov system, that's separate from nullsec as a whole.

The sov system is just an optional layer on top of nullsec. That's it.

It's not the "end game" or some such....

*Snip* Removed reply to a deleted post. ISD Ezwal.