These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Eve Down Under Bombshell: No Sov overhaul until at least Winter 2014

First post First post First post
Author
Baden Luskan
Freeworlds Collective
#41 - 2013-12-01 08:31:46 UTC
CCP has a really simple formula they need to follow over the next year: Fix the major problems with the game BEFORE Solar Citizen launches.
Guttripper
State War Academy
Caldari State
#42 - 2013-12-01 09:30:45 UTC
From a marketing aspect, throwing out statements of "at least one year", "five year plan", etc. is a good way to keep a player base that revolves around long term timers subscribed. After so many years playing a game, what would be one more year waiting for a possible change?
ElQuirko
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#43 - 2013-12-01 12:10:25 UTC
EI Digin wrote:
Reiisha wrote:
Instead of complaining about it, why not offer solutions that could actually work? CCP is just a stumped about it as you guys and are looking for a proper way to do it.

*whistles innocently*

I encourage everyone to read that link, it's probably the best SOV suggestion I've ever seen. And it's comprehensive as balls.

Dodixie > Hek

Stahlregen
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2013-12-01 12:32:22 UTC
ElQuirko wrote:
EI Digin wrote:
Reiisha wrote:
Instead of complaining about it, why not offer solutions that could actually work? CCP is just a stumped about it as you guys and are looking for a proper way to do it.

*whistles innocently*

I encourage everyone to read that link, it's probably the best SOV suggestion I've ever seen. And it's comprehensive as balls.

You know you're onto something when you have people from every major nullsec entity, groups who would otherwise or in fact currently are trying to claw out each others eyeballs in 10% tidi, finding themselves all in agreement. But maybe that just says more about the currently abysmal state of sov and the popular opinion being that literally anything would be a better system at this point.

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT'S CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, RIDDICK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN' WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME NECRO BASTARDS. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXY'S MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN.

Brendan Anneto
Gladiators of Rage
Fraternity.
#45 - 2013-12-01 14:33:46 UTC
Reiisha wrote:

this is the first sensible post of the thread. instead of whining about the system create ideas and give them to the CSM or CCP

I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your terror comes, When your terror comes like a storm, And your destruction comes like a whirlwind, When distress and anguish come upon you.   Proverbs 1:26-27

Skeln Thargensen
Doomheim
#46 - 2013-12-01 14:38:36 UTC
you could just vote with your feet. no one says you have to play risk in outer space and you guys do a great job of convincing the rest of us that's it's dull as hell.

forums.  serious business.

Seven Koskanaiken
Shadow Legions.
#47 - 2013-12-01 15:48:20 UTC
Rainbow Dash wrote:
Everyone wants sov to be revamped, but no one has a good idea how.

Maybe get some of those people whose full time job it is to design games and pay them money and tell them to think of something. Could work.
Scatim Helicon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#48 - 2013-12-01 16:26:48 UTC
Its cute that anyone thinks it'll be fixed next Winter.

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Prince Kobol
#49 - 2013-12-01 16:34:34 UTC
Lol.. people from all sides have been saying how bad Sov is since the release of Dominion.

Many people from all sides have posted long and in depth idea's on how Sov could be improved over the years.

I am no way even in the tiniest bit surprised that by this announcement by CCP.

My faith in CCP to do anything regarding Null Sec, whether it be Sov Mechanics, Industry or isk making opportunities is zero.

They will talk about their future vision about having buildable gates, keep throwing out new ships and chancing a few numbers in a database rebalancing ships and call it an expansion simply to distract people from the fact that they are completely incapable of fixing the real big problems in Eve.

CCP last vision was WIS and that burned in fire.

I have no doubt that their latest vision will end the same way.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#50 - 2013-12-01 16:39:27 UTC
To be fair, CCP did say that some things will be landing in the summer.
Prince Kobol
#51 - 2013-12-01 16:44:07 UTC
baltec1 wrote:

Probably more structures with even more HP and addidition timers Blink
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#52 - 2013-12-01 16:48:52 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Maybe they are new industrial outposts :swoon:
Ezekiel Ironstone
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#53 - 2013-12-01 16:49:30 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
Lol.. people from all sides have been saying how bad Sov is since the release of Dominion.

Many people from all sides have posted long and in depth idea's on how Sov could be improved over the years.

My faith in CCP to do anything regarding Null Sec, whether it be Sov Mechanics, Industry or isk making opportunities is zero.

They will talk about their future vision about having buildable gates, keep throwing out new ships and chancing a few numbers in a database rebalancing ships and call it an expansion simply to distract people from the fact that they are completely incapable of fixing the real big problems in Eve.

This may not be completely true, but they are going to have to do something next summer or next winter to keep that from being the perception players start to hold, I would think.
Every "expansion" we've had since Incarna has been lacking in the "expansion" feel. Ship balancing, shinies, etc, and when the dev blogs come out, along with other dev commentary, their wording of things really makes it sound like they did these changes in a couple of days. CCP is starting to come across like many large governments do. Lots of bureaucracy and little action.
Prince Kobol
#54 - 2013-12-01 16:51:16 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Maybe they are new industrial outposts :swoon:

CCP to make industry in null sec some what worth while, now that is just crazy talk.
Prince Kobol
#55 - 2013-12-01 16:54:01 UTC
Ezekiel Ironstone wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:

This may not be completely true, but they are going to have to do something next summer or next winter to keep that from being the perception players start to hold, I would think.
Every "expansion" we've had since Incarna has been lacking in the "expansion" feel. Ship balancing, shinies, etc, and when the dev blogs come out, along with other dev commentary, their wording of things really makes it sound like they did these changes in a couple of days. CCP is starting to come across like many large governments do. Lots of bureaucracy and little action.

Many people here who are parents do what CCP are doing now and have been for the last year or so.

Dangling shiny new things to keep their kids distracted for just enough time for them to forgot about thing what they were crying about.
Guttripper
State War Academy
Caldari State
#56 - 2013-12-01 17:00:43 UTC
Scatim Helicon wrote:
Its cute that anyone thinks it'll be fixed next Winter.

As long as players keep subscribing on that false hope, then marketing will keep spinning out new, future (potential) deadlines.
EI Digin
irc.zulusquad.org
#57 - 2013-12-01 17:10:21 UTC
baltec1 wrote:

With CCP's current track record, the only balance that nullsec has been getting have been "Wouldn't it be cool if..." changes, which have not had a large enough impact, or the wrong type of impact, to shake things up.

If they are going to make an effective change to nullsec, it's going to have to be done similar to the way they did Crimewatch, or Bounty Hunting, or Faction Warfare, or hacking, where the whole system is redesigned from the ground up. Any other attempt has proven to be simply a waste of time and developer resources.
Sentamon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#58 - 2013-12-01 17:30:53 UTC
The occasional 10% TiDi erm "fight" so we can do nullsec industry!!!

Is it too early to predict at least a 100 fold increase in dullsec participation. RollRollRoll
It might might clear out highsec so fast CONCORD will strike due to lack of work. Big smile

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

Varius Xeral
Doomheim
#59 - 2013-12-01 17:53:09 UTC
At thread in general:

I had no expectations otherwise.

Why did you?

Official Representative of The Nullsec Zealot Cabal

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#60 - 2013-12-01 18:20:32 UTC
The increased activity preceded Rubicon.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)