These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Eve Down Under Bombshell: No Sov overhaul until at least Winter 2014

First post First post First post
Author
Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#501 - 2013-12-03 23:09:00 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Even so, anwser the question, why do an expensive ship in null for the same isk you can make with the same ship in high sec rotected by logistics ships?

Look. Clearly you don't enjoy nullsec. So go live in highsec, which you think is so much "better."

Those of us who enjoy nullsec, and enjoy actively playing EVE and not running repetitive missions over and over, will continue to live and play in nullsec and make plenty enough ISK doing so.
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#502 - 2013-12-03 23:12:18 UTC
This thread has degenerated to the same old arguments by the same old people that goes on and on over dozens of pages and never amounts to anything.

Just croaking noises from the forum frogs. *ribbit*
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#503 - 2013-12-03 23:17:18 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

As expected, you lack the honesty and bravery to answer honestly.

Who said no one ever gets ganked in high sec? Even so, anwser the question, why do an expensive ship in null for the same isk you can make with the same ship in high sec rotected by logistics ships?

Well, it's just the one shiny ship vs the combined effect of 10+. Granted you may personally be fielding the same assets, but rewarding group play is supposed to have some meaning there. The only real issue is the fact that the income scales perfectly per member unlike any other activity.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#504 - 2013-12-03 23:19:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Pinky Hops wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Even so, anwser the question, why do an expensive ship in null for the same isk you can make with the same ship in high sec rotected by logistics ships?

Look. Clearly you don't enjoy nullsec. So go live in highsec, which you think is so much "better."

Those of us who enjoy nullsec, and enjoy actively playing EVE and not running repetitive missions over and over, will continue to live and play in nullsec and make plenty enough ISK doing so.

LOL

Translation: The imbalance doesn't matter, it's all about fun!

Sorry, I have plenty of fun in null, and high and low. We aren't talking about fun, we're talking about balance, because good game balance fosters more fun. If you don't want to discuss that balance honestly, that's ok, but don't pretned I'm the problem. The problem is some of you guys agenda, bent on maintaining a status quo that benefits you to the detriment of your EVE playing peers.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#505 - 2013-12-03 23:24:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

Who said no one ever gets ganked in high sec? Even so, anwser the question, why do an expensive ship in null for the same isk you can make with the same ship in high sec rotected by logistics ships?

Well, it's just the one shiny ship vs the combined effect of 10+. Granted you may personally be fielding the same assets, but rewarding group play is supposed to have some meaning there. The only real issue is the fact that the income scales perfectly per member unlike any other activity.

it scales completely wrong lol. To make the kind of isk dinsdale talks about in null, you have to be in a shiney ship that can do dps.

Or you can do the same isk, in high sec, protected by concord and other players, flying nothing more expensive to you personally than a Basilisk or Scimitar.

As in individual who wants isk to buy plex and ships for other things like pvp or exploration or industry, which is the better choice, null sec chance based PVE or what I describe above with the Basi/Scimitar? The answer to this question describes the existance of high sec alts, when having those same alts in danager in null sec would imo be better for the game (a game that needs things to blow up for everyone to have something to do).

Is the imbalance ok because it's a group activity? What if I could make the same kind of isk solo doing missions.....Because you can, Sisters and Trust Partners and Cosmos farming are things.
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#506 - 2013-12-03 23:24:54 UTC
Valterra Craven wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
Valterra Craven wrote:

Yeah since I've left null has gotten massive buffs that didn't exist when I was player...

Thank you for highlighting your lack of coherence and understanding.

Thank you for highlighting your lack of debate skills without backing up why this is the case.

Hint its the bolded text, I made it even easier for you.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#507 - 2013-12-03 23:30:26 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Malcanis wrote:

Who does this help, exactly? How?

Ah, it will it force your null sec industrialists to make stuff

Ah, so forcing people to do stuff is OK? Awesome!!!

Thanks, Dinsy! To the CSM channel with this breakthrough insight!

Oh man, so many people gonna be forced to do so much stuff. Can you guess who's first? Can you? Can you?

I bet you can!

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#508 - 2013-12-03 23:33:02 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Malcanis wrote:

Oh man, so many people gonna be forced to do so much stuff. Can you guess who's first? Can you? Can you?

I bet you can!

Rofl. So CCP perfected the code thats gonna make shackles pop out of high sec fol's keyboard and then make them go to null sec, which was the evil plan this entire time.

Oh wait, was that NDA'd? Damn
Twisted
Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#509 - 2013-12-03 23:35:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Pinky Hops
Jenn aSide wrote:
Pinky Hops wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

LOL

Sorry, I have plenty of fun in null, and high and low. We aren't talking about fun, we're talking about balance, because good game balance fosters more fun. If you don't want to discuss that balance honestly, that's ok, but don't pretned I'm the problem. The problem is some of you guys agenda, bent on maintaining a status quo that benefits you to the detriment of your EVE playing peers.

But I don't believe there is any significant imbalance.

I find nullsec to be hilariously profitable.

Also: CCP doesn't have to listen to these insane claims. They can just straight look at the data and actuality of the situation. Don't they have a PhD economist working with them?

How much ISK do you need, really? 10b? 100b? a trillion? What are you going to do with it?
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#510 - 2013-12-03 23:37:45 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

Ah, it will it force your null sec industrialists to make stuff (which of course they already do), but imagine the other repercussions. As your null sec industry takes off, all those T2 mats you now jf back to high sec will instead be diverted to the null sec industrial hubs that will be forced to spring up. Those T2 mats won't make it to high sec, thereby strangling high sec industry, killing high sec, which is what you want all along.

See, I am helping you with your agenda to destroy high sec.

So you want to FORCE your play style on other people. Isn't that what you should be accusing us of doing to highsec?

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#511 - 2013-12-03 23:48:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Pinky Hops wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Pinky Hops wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

LOL

But I don't believe there is any significant imbalance.

I find nullsec to be hilariously profitable.

Also: CCP doesn't have to listen to these insane claims. They can just straight look at the data and actuality of the situation. Don't they have a PhD economist working with them?

Who'se making a claim about the economy beyond "power creep is bad, buffing null when it's high sec is the problem is stupid"?

I've explained the imbalance in a couple ways, you're not open to listening to them, too busy defending your status quo maybe?

Quote:

How much ISK do you need, really? 10b? 100b? a trillion? What are you going to do with it?

And where did I say i want more isk? Did you not read the part where I said null sec rewards are fine?

What you are trying to do is pin some selfish motive on me, because you seem to need some way to dismiss the truths I'm telling you. It's a sign that deep down you get what I'm telling you and don't like the reality of it.
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#512 - 2013-12-03 23:53:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Tyberius Franklin
Jenn aSide wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

it scales completely wrong lol. To make the kind of isk dinsdale talks about in null, you have to be in a shiney ship that can do dps.

Or you can do the same isk, in high sec, protected by concord and other players, flying nothing more expensive to you personally than a Basilisk or Scimitar.

As in individual who wants isk to buy plex and ships for other things like pvp or exploration or industry, which is the better choice, null sec chance based PVE or what I describe above with the Basi/Scimitar. The answer to this question describes the existance of high sec alts, when having those same alts in danager in null sec would imo be better for the game (a game that needs things to blow up for everyone to have something to do).

Is the imbalance ok because it's a group activity? What if I could make the same kind of isk solo doing missions.....Because you can, Sisters and Trust Partners and Cosmos farming are things.

Well, now you are bringing up entirely new situations. I never stated that things were balanced, but your first scenario had reason for incomes being comparable. Regarding the sisters LP, I've known their store has items which have maintained a good isk/lp return, but not that high. Is that type of return from SOE something that has been long term or more recent with the new ships?

In either case LP return in what is pushing that up, which relates more to the lack of consistent secondary rewards for ratting as compared to missions. That isn't the contents fault across sec status but rather player behavior creating and inflating value. And with the rush for SOE LP I wonder in enough new people have begun farming to affect the return there.

And lastly I'm willing to bet that if the disparity of income was widened we wouldn't see the great outflux of alts that you seem to think we would. It's not just about peak isk/hour.
Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#513 - 2013-12-04 00:27:40 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Malcanis wrote:

I bet you can!

Just using the same logic that the null sec cartels have been applying for years in their campaign to wipe out high sec.
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#514 - 2013-12-04 01:27:14 UTC
I have removed some rule breaking posts and those quoting them.

The rules:
4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that CCP promote and as such they will not be tolerated.

11. Discussion of forum moderation is prohibited.

The discussion of EVE Online forum moderation actions generally leads to flaming, trolling and baiting of our ISD CCL moderators. As such, this type of discussion is strictly prohibited under the forum rules. If you have questions regarding the actions of a moderator, please file a petition under the Community & Forums Category.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#515 - 2013-12-04 02:07:47 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

That's a separate issue and if you look earlier before a couple of Goonies started trying to scream people doing with lalalala 'Highsec Tantrum' spam, most of us are in favour of this sort of thing being fixed so that systems can support larger numbers of players. I'm not even against missions (in all space) becoming anoms/sigs that contain multiple objectives inside so that multiple people can work together and get paid out for each objective they complete. (Means some people might miss out on any objective, but multiple objectives allow for at least a partial payout on the site vs all/nothing approach, which makes for a better experience in general). Which would then mean high sec agents couldn't support infinite numbers of pilots also.

No - that is the precise issue.

From my personal perspective renting a -0.17, if I recruit 10 people, then we split the sigs 10 ways (meaning I personally lose most of my income compared to "do no recruiting"), and we can't all be on at the same time if we want to use my system to make good isk ratting anoms.

If I recruit 10 people to fit into 10 timezones across the server, so that we can all access the best anoms in my system, then I don't actually have a corp, I just have ghosts who read corp mail and shoot things when I'm not there to keep the military 5 status up but we don't otherwise cooperate, in fact best bet is to work out where the largest TZ gap of nobody logged in is, and log in first after that.

That structure is also plainly evident in the largest ratting based concerns that rent, ie the renter of the biggest rathole in vale has 250 characters, and since they rent a big rathole, 10 - 15 of them are what you will see online at any time, rather than any particularly large TZ presence, its just self limiting to recruit yourself into peak TZ, or for the corp to recruit more into peak TZ.

So if you were an alliance that wanted to contest timers on arbitrary large hitpoint lumps, you'd want to have recruited all into a TZ, and then you have a peak demand problem when those pilots need to make isk.

ie dominion income systems significantly disjointed compared to dominion sov systems, therefore very hard to start from nothing and produce a force that contests dominion sov systems, as one thing produces an organisation that is very inefficient at the other. This is plain in goons opinions of isk-making in sov, and plain in isk-makers opinions of sov structure bashing tasks.
Deunan Tenephais
#516 - 2013-12-04 02:22:15 UTC
You know, for someone like me who must not even earn 40 or 50 millions per evening, all these discussions about excursions at a 100/200 millions per hour seems a lot like some bourgeois' problems.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#517 - 2013-12-04 02:34:18 UTC
Deunan Tenephais wrote:
You know, for someone like me who must not even earn 40 or 50 millions per evening, all these discussions about excursions at a 100/200 millions per hour seems a lot like some bourgeois' problems.

I suppose you mine?

Get a decent battleship, and try doing some L4s. Between the LP and the salvage, you will be swimming in money within hours. If I cared to, I could plex all of my accounts over the course of a weekend of normal play time.

I don't, because I hate boredom, but nonetheless the ridiculous earning potential is still there. You can get to 80 mil an hour without even bringing a salvage alt.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#518 - 2013-12-04 02:42:14 UTC
Pinky Hops wrote:

Solo, officer fit Nullsec PvP Paladin
Valterra Craven
#519 - 2013-12-04 03:06:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Valterra Craven
Jenn aSide wrote:

Until the SAME situation that caused the anomaly nerf happens again. How many times does CCP have to buff null, find out thats bad, and nerf null again?

When something is a problem, you fix IT, not the consequneces it causes. The problem (in the case of combat PVE) is that it's too easy to make in high sec with too much safety. The rewards in null are fine, it's not lack of reward that cause folks like me to maintain high sec alts, it's how "easy mode" high sec combat pve is.

Right, cuse let me tell you all those null npc agents are clearly breaking the game and everyone is rolling in money there... *eye roll*

High sec if anything isn't safe enough, given how much more prevalent suicide ganking has become since 2008.

The real problem here is that no one can agree on what the real problem is.

It seems that the devs are content to make modest changes and keep both sides pissed. Seems like a good solution to me.

Frankly, easy mode PVE exists in null just as much as it does in hi. If it should exist anywhere, empire is def the place it should be.
Valterra Craven
#520 - 2013-12-04 03:08:58 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Valterra Craven wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
Valterra Craven wrote:

Yeah since I've left null has gotten massive buffs that didn't exist when I was player...

Thank you for highlighting your lack of coherence and understanding.

Thank you for highlighting your lack of debate skills without backing up why this is the case.

Hint its the bolded text, I made it even easier for you.

Hint, the bolded part is meaningless without a comprehensive counter argument to support your position.