These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Marmite Collective Wardeccing... for a good cause ? Really ?

First post First post
Author
Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#341 - 2013-12-04 11:24:04 UTC
Aiwha wrote:
I've slipped by them a half dozen times. They're really not that dangerous. Honestly, if you want easy kills, dec them and head out to Niarja with a half dozen guys and you'll roll over them.
Your war dec stats tell a totally different story Pinocchio Twisted Something with being owned big time, many times, lol....Big smile

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Fille Balle
Ballbreakers R us
#342 - 2013-12-04 11:45:28 UTC
Food for thought: if they're so intent on giving isk for charity, shouldn't they be buying plex to donate instead of spending all that isk on wardecs?

Smells like a scam to me. Mind you, I don't see a problem here. It's all within the rules of the game, so move along, nothing to see here.

Stop the spamming, not the scamming!

Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#343 - 2013-12-04 11:49:49 UTC
Jacob Holland wrote:
"Alliances who wish to surrender will have to pay PLEX which we will donate to PFG" is fine - and entirely valid gameplay.

"Alliances who wish to surrender will have to donate a PLEX to PFG" is subtly different. It's not just normal extortion and somehow it feels wrong to me. I'm not even sure why given that not only is the result the same but there remains an element of choice...

The second one is actually better. That way the Alliance in question will know for sure that it can't be a scam. And if you still send your plex to the marmite collective, I am sure it's either A) Your own fault or B) they'll forward it to PFG anyways.

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

Omar Alharazaad
New Eden Tech Support
#344 - 2013-12-04 14:16:56 UTC
CCP has made it pretty clear that they are in fact watching any activities involving Plex4Good. They also have made it abundantly clear that they'll not tolerate misrepresentation (scams) regarding this particular topic. These cats are doing exactly what they normally do, except for the conditions of surrender, which are directly linked to the above points. What puzzles me is where the butthurt is coming from, the wardecs or the fact that their ill-gotten gains are in fact being used for a good purpose? If it's the former, well there's no diplomatic answer really.... just HTFU and deal with it. If it's the latter, then perhaps the opposite might be a better approach, LTFU. It's a game, they're doing what they can while remaining who they are and doing what they do. *shrug*

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

BKM Industries
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#345 - 2013-12-07 00:38:07 UTC
Final total was 19 PLEX to the PLEX for Good so $285 raised

Will have a nice video up soon showing the finished contracts to CCP and TY for youtube cause thevideo will make money for charity also.
type something here to make a cool sig!!!