These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

My first week back after 5 years. My feedback

First post
Author
flakeys
Doomheim
#21 - 2013-11-27 13:46:20 UTC
Unsuccessful's Assistant wrote:
Wait...what is this....

Is this actually a thread where someone returned from [#] years of absence....and actually saw for themselves what has changed instead of asking in GD?!??!?!??!

Now I know ive seen everything.

He's only been back a week , give it a month Blink.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

RAIN Arthie
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2013-11-27 13:52:38 UTC
If you need to know anything about how things are now, look below.

1. Don't trust Goons

2. If it seems easy, it's a trap

3. Follow your own code of conduct, do not waiver from them.
Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#23 - 2013-11-27 13:57:44 UTC
RAIN Arthie wrote:
If you need to know anything about how things are now, look below.

1. Don't trust Goons

2. If it seems easy, it's a trap

3. Follow your own code of conduct, do not waiver from them.

4. IRC is a joke of an alliance that couldn't even hold on to Cobalt Edge no matter how many cancer patients they force marched to the front lines.
DB Tank
Worcester Marauders
#24 - 2013-11-27 14:44:43 UTC
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
DB Tank wrote:

0.0 shouldn't and I won't won't be controlled by one alliance, even more so the goons controlling too much .
When BoB was around. As one of the northern directors I wanted to beat molle, his alliance was invading my region but I didn't dislike him, I didn't hate him.. Infact I respected him and bob members which made fighting them even more fun because there was respectfull banter about wins and loses.

But with the goons not so much .. I just hope for eves sake you lose,self implode and will be forgotten.

So you believe in respectful banter except when you don't. Yep, pretty typical of the old school e-honour selective space bushido only-when-we-feel-like-it that BoB made famous. Enjoy being an anachronism, you aren't even that old.

Not that old? Before my break from eve I was playing since day 1..but if you mean my youngful looks..your correct im only 30 ;)
Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2013-11-27 14:59:19 UTC
DB Tank wrote:
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
DB Tank wrote:

0.0 shouldn't and I won't won't be controlled by one alliance, even more so the goons controlling too much .
When BoB was around. As one of the northern directors I wanted to beat molle, his alliance was invading my region but I didn't dislike him, I didn't hate him.. Infact I respected him and bob members which made fighting them even more fun because there was respectfull banter about wins and loses.

But with the goons not so much .. I just hope for eves sake you lose,self implode and will be forgotten.

So you believe in respectful banter except when you don't. Yep, pretty typical of the old school e-honour selective space bushido only-when-we-feel-like-it that BoB made famous. Enjoy being an anachronism, you aren't even that old.

Not that old? Before my break from eve I was playing since day 1..but if you mean my youngful looks..your correct im only 30 ;)

Your employment history says otherwise. Or are you claiming to be someone's alt? *cue dramatic TOS violation music*
DB Tank
Worcester Marauders
#26 - 2013-11-27 15:06:04 UTC
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
DB Tank wrote:
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
DB Tank wrote:

Your employment history says otherwise. Or are you claiming to be someone's alt? *cue dramatic TOS violation music*

A employment history hardly states whom a person is does it? I was playing as another "face/toon/account" what ever floats your boat back then but as I said..and try to follow because im getting bored of this now..left eve and come back..

Get over it, nothing new,nothing old..i played then..i left..i play now..simples m8.. stop being hardwork
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#27 - 2013-11-27 15:13:50 UTC
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
DB Tank wrote:
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
DB Tank wrote:

I wouldn't put too much faith in employment history actually. Mine only goes back as far as 2006 on this character.

I think it get's jacked up if the first corp you join when leaving the starter corp is one you create and are CEO of. Mine has no record of my time before leaving my own corp (which I was CEO of) and joining another.

I kind of like it that way though. On occasion it comes in handy. Smile

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Alyth Nerun
Foundation for CODE and THE NEW ORDER
#28 - 2013-11-27 15:16:25 UTC
Domanique Altares wrote:
Alyth Nerun wrote:
First, welcome back to EVE citizen.
DB Tank wrote:
I've been given a free ship to join in with a mining op...was good fun

I hope you already got a mining permit to legally mine in highsec? If not send me a mail to buy one and get up to date about the CODE of conduct for miners.

fly save

Send me a mail, and I'll instruct you how to ignore these people.

Don't listen to people like here, she is probably a rebel bot-aspirant and such company will only get you in trouble with the authorities (us).
fuer0n
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2013-11-27 15:19:03 UTC
DB Tank wrote:
Hi all

If you didn't see my return post in here ill quickly explain.

I started eve online in 2003 and lived in the wee north during the Great War.
I have been missing in action for 5 or so years

It's been a great week back in eve. The game is still filled of great people, sure I've come across some morons too.

I've been given a free ship to join in with a mining op...was good fun

Jita is..well...jita just on a bigger scale than it used to be. The scammers do amuse me but not impressed with some trying to scam people off the plexs that ppl have bought to sell. Sure scam people of isk, but to scam ppl from there rl money is a tad below the belt. But of course that's just my opinion .

Still so much new content to try, cannot wait to try some factional warfare! If you fight for the amarr...hit me up!

Onto more content..graphics, unreal ! And running fine so far on my laptop. Wormholes...never tried those yet..hearing some interesting stories...eve on hardcore mode? Like the sound of no "local"

For me , CCP have done great over the years I've been away and I look forward to the coming months. With the content,more mature online players it's looking like were in this for the long haul. Though..CCP..DUST...XBOX! Make it happen :)

Onto the goons...one day...I'll retake the north :)

Thanks CCP, people of eve..it's been a great week back.

still miss moo and camping in their space pissing them off Twisted
Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2013-11-27 15:22:55 UTC
DB Tank wrote:
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
DB Tank wrote:
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
DB Tank wrote:

A employment history hardly states whom a person is does it? I was playing as another "face/toon/account" what ever floats your boat back then but as I said..and try to follow because im getting bored of this now..left eve and come back..

Get over it, nothing new,nothing old..i played then..i left..i play now..simples m8.. stop being hardwork

It's a TOS joke but I guess you're still catching up.
ISD Cura Ursus
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#31 - 2013-11-27 15:30:53 UTC
Removed racist post, and reported poster.

Please do not post racist remarks.

ISD Cura Ursus

Lieutenant Commander

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

fuer0n
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2013-11-27 15:36:59 UTC
ISD Cura Ursus wrote:

your the judge. i didnt see the comment. just saying this is a game and whats offensive to you might not be to me.

ISD Cura Ursus
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#33 - 2013-11-27 15:39:01 UTC
fuer0n wrote:
ISD Cura Ursus wrote:

your the judge. i didnt see the comment. just saying this is a game and whats offensive to you might not be to me.

Commenting on moderation is not allowed.
This is toeing the line.

ISD Cura Ursus

Lieutenant Commander

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

fuer0n
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#34 - 2013-11-27 15:40:00 UTC  |  Edited by: fuer0n
ISD Cura Ursus wrote:
fuer0n wrote:
ISD Cura Ursus wrote:

Commenting on moderation is not allowed.
This is toeing the line.

ban me:P
isd are like community coppers right. the ones round here grow weed in their attics:P
[s i must point out i have no obligation to people growing weed in their attics only tossers Lol
Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2013-11-27 15:44:21 UTC
Well, I did see the post in question and I'm glad I don't have to see it anymore, so thank you, ISD.
fuer0n
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2013-11-27 15:47:42 UTC
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
Well, I did see the post in question and I'm glad I don't have to see it anymore, so thank you, ISD.

but your a freaking goon. you have no morals Big smile
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#37 - 2013-11-27 15:47:48 UTC
ISD Cura Ursus wrote:

Thanks but you could have kept the Happy Hanukah :)

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

fuer0n
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2013-11-27 16:35:56 UTC
ap
fuer0n
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#39 - 2013-11-27 16:37:17 UTC
dont get me started on dust. duh! unreal.
fuer0n
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#40 - 2013-11-27 16:42:42 UTC
i miss gg.
Previous page123Next page