These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

[PONZI] Awkward Honesty #1 1B @ 9,3% FILLED! well... sort of.

Author
okoolos rimmer
Napkin Nation
#21 - 2013-11-26 03:05:32 UTC  |  Edited by: okoolos rimmer
Debra Tao wrote:
Elizabeth Norn wrote:
Awkward Sanchez wrote:
[quote=Elizabeth Norn]
EDIT
didn't see your comment about 8.3 being low. you probably didnt see this is not a monthly term, but a 2 week term. so in theory, this could turn out to be 16.6 on a monthly basis. still too low? well maybe I can conjure something out of thin air, I'm open to suggestions.

I edited it a few minutes after, I was just thinking of your competition, some of them already well established such as http://www.minevest.com/ who offer 18% per month, and they have a flashy website.

It's actually 19% Attention great deal and we cannot say with certainty that it's a Ponzy scheme.

Actually we can. The OP himself called it that.
Rhivre
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#22 - 2013-11-26 10:22:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Rhivre
okoolos rimmer wrote:

Actually we can. The OP himself called it that.

I think they are referring to Minevest, who unfortunately have had to halt operations for a short time ^^
Awkward Sanchez
Awkward Honesty Inc.
#23 - 2013-11-26 10:46:16 UTC
of course minevest is a Ponzi scheme, no one in his right mind would offer such interest rates if the risk was on their shoulders. the only way it can work in their case, is if more people come in than there are people coming out of it. its a smart setup, to have a continuous system. but for now I will refrain from that method. maybe later on, when it becomes the only way to sustain this endeavor, shall I convert the scheme to a similar form. but until then I will stick to the current form. as for their interest rate being higher, I have grown fond of my offering of 9.3%. its a nice number.
meanwhile, 25% of the offering has been filled so far, 750 mil to go. who dares?
Quinn Cooke
Usque Ad Mortem
#24 - 2013-11-26 11:58:27 UTC
Seems like it might be fun to watch this unfold. As per our convo, put me down for 150M.

doesnt play well with others

flakeys
Doomheim
#25 - 2013-11-26 14:55:21 UTC
Daniel Plain wrote:
Elizabeth Norn wrote:
You've admitted the nature of this is fraudulent and it's a fact that some people who are too late to throw their money at you will lose it. What's stopping you from keeping amounts over 1b and what is going to make you actually pay out interest and return initial investments?

Why use a no reputation alt when you're trying to be transparent?

How is this any different from the *~ONLY LEGIT ISK DOUBLES IN NEW EDEN~* shouting over each other in Jita?

you used to wear a helmet to school didn't you?

I admit , that one made me spill my drink Blink

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2013-11-26 15:57:04 UTC
My niece brought me christmas cookies.
She's five. ^_^

I like this thread. :)
Awkward Sanchez
Awkward Honesty Inc.
#27 - 2013-11-26 19:32:11 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
My niece brought me christmas cookies.
She's five. ^_^

I like this thread. :)

That's so sweet! also, this thread likes you too Blink
feel like investing? come on... live a little Pirate
Dr Awesome Lovelyface
Hybrid Death
#28 - 2013-11-26 21:29:52 UTC
I'll chime in, but only if you set a deadline for the start of the scheme.
Awkward Sanchez
Awkward Honesty Inc.
#29 - 2013-11-26 21:59:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Awkward Sanchez
Dr Awesome Lovelyface wrote:
I'll chime in, but only if you set a deadline for the start of the scheme.

Mail sent

-EDIT-

After a good chat with Dr Awesome Lovelyface, I have decided to push forward the start of the scheme. less than 24 hrs from now (23.59 27-11-13 to be exact) I shall lock the scheme and the 2 week countdown will begin. this to prevent me from holding on to the isk longer than agreed upon with the investors. my fraud is not about that.
Dr Awesome Lovelyface
Hybrid Death
#30 - 2013-11-26 23:29:15 UTC
kicking myself for doing this.
Isk sent.
Awkward Sanchez
Awkward Honesty Inc.
#31 - 2013-11-27 13:57:35 UTC
So with the addition of Dr Awesome Lovelyface here, the full scheme will have a value of 350 mil isk. in 10 hrs time I shall start the timer for 14 days from now. of course, meanwhile I will post a few "updates" and "analysis" etc, after all if I'm in MD I should act like it, eh? to everyone who secretly wants to join: don't be shy! you are allowed to remain anonymous, no shame in that. 650 mil to go!

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!!!

If anyone so decides to fill up the scheme in one go, I shall up his percentage to 12.8%!!! that's right, 12.8%!!!
and I am telling you now people, this is fraud, but I'm not scamming you (yet)! this round shall go as it should, I want to keep on doing this for a looooong time, no need to kill it at the get go. alrighty, have fun!
Tom Fool
Careby Exploration
#32 - 2013-11-27 17:49:10 UTC
When I heard about your Ponzi deal, I was right interested. My father, and his father before him both invested in Ponzi deals whenever they got the chance, and I aim to follow in their footsteps. So I says to myself, oh hell yeah. If I can get in on this thing, I'm gonna go ALL in, to the sweet tune of one hundred million I.S.K.

Now I tried to convo you in the game like your instructions says, but you wasn't logged in. So I tried to EVEMail you, and that's when I spied a red flag that maybe this deal ain't on the up-and-up. A CSPA charge of two thousand, nine hundred, and fifty I.S.K. Now maybe this is by accident. Or maybe it's on account of you gettin so much chit chat that you gotta limit it some how. I just hope this ain't the old CSPA Service Charge Scam, cause I went ahead and sent that message anyhow, I.S.K. be damned. Now if I just got scammed out of over two thousand, nine hundred I.S.K., I will be fit to be tied. Because my momma didn't raise no... well, never mind about my momma - you just better not be tryin to pull the wool over old Tom's eyes. If this ain't a real, true-to-life Ponzi deal, you tell me now. Otherwise I'm a gonna hold you to your word.

Thanks,
Tom

Awkward Sanchez
Awkward Honesty Inc.
#33 - 2013-11-27 18:14:19 UTC
Hi Tom,
I'm delighted to hear your father, like his father before him, has brought you up well. placing your trust in the pagan powers of the Ponzi is a good thing. I am sure I will not let you down, this will unfold exactly as you may expect it will.

now I am shocked to find out about my clandestine flaw. This CSPA error is completely unintentional and I hope you won't hold it against me. so I would like to offer you the following: when placing your deposit in the sum of one hundred million I.S.K, please deduct the charged 2950 I.S.K and lets treat the matter as if it never happened. after all, I wouldn't want you to mistrust me for all the wrong reasons.

I hope my offering pleases you and we can continue doing business as originally intended.

all the best,
Sanchez
Tom Fool
Careby Exploration
#34 - 2013-11-27 18:45:45 UTC
Awkward Sanchez wrote:
...This CSPA error is completely unintentional and I hope you won't hold it against me. so I would like to offer you the following...

I just knew you were tellin it like it was. I am now fully invested. Yee haw! It's an official Ponzi, now that you've got a Fool on board.

Oh, and I didn't knock off the CSPA charge cause I know that was just an honest slip-up, and I don't want to hog-tie the investment by makin it start out in the red.

Now make us proud, Sanchez! Make us proud.

Best regards,
Tom
AHWO#1 Ground Floor Investor
Awkward Sanchez
Awkward Honesty Inc.
#35 - 2013-11-27 19:03:07 UTC
Tom Fool wrote:

Oh, and I didn't knock off the CSPA charge cause I know that was just an honest slip-up, and I don't want to hog-tie the investment by makin it start out in the red.

It is people like you that make the world, nay, the universe, a truly better place. I won't let you down.
Awkward Sanchez
Awkward Honesty Inc.
#36 - 2013-11-28 00:21:13 UTC
AND SO IT BEGINS!

As promised to Dr Awesome Lovelyface, the scheme is now officially in motion. I have received a total sum of 450 mil in two days, with no collateral, under no false pretense of legitimacy. the funny thing is, time will tell this initial round will be as legit as they come. To my loyal, daring investors, have no fear. your I.S.K is in safe hands and you shall be reunited with it soon (+ Interest).

My approach from here on is simple.

Of course, as many of you have done over the past few days, weeks, months or even years, I too have been analyzing the market. with items like Zydrine and Megacyte being at an all time low (I find it strange there is no fuss about M, would have been so easy), this would be a great time to hop on the wagon and surf it to glory. yet again, Thulium is getting up to speed and soon shall be reunited with its brethren of the r64 class, a position it has always deserved but has never received. like every other sensible trader in new eden, of course I have bought into that one heavily (albeit with my main) and I am laughing myself to riches as goons are bottlenecking it to bits (thank you Mynna <3 ).
However, it would not be a very spectacular investment, now would it? not to mention I dont even have the trader skills trained to place more than 5 orders I believe, so I guess I will have to go for a more sensible thing to do.
My investment strategy will be as follows:

A) Blink
B) Guidance Systems

ask yourself, what could possibly go wrong? (...)

then by the end of this two week term, I shall see how my wallet is doing, fill the void that will be staring at me and pay out my investors like everything is peachy.

I might even ask Vaerah for an audit.

so quick reminder: this ponzi is now closed to new investors. if you are interested in my future offerings, feel free to join my ingame channel "Awkward Honesty" or shoot me a mail, the waiting list for my next offering is open.

Cheers,
Sanchez
Tom Fool
Careby Exploration
#37 - 2013-11-28 12:34:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Tom Fool
I bet when the first round is over, and folks see the kind of payday they could've had, they will be poundin at your door to get in. So I hope you'll hold a place for us early birds to see this thing through to the next level. I'm workin my tail off to make another hundred million so I can double up next time.

Hear that sound? That's the sound of I.S.K. pilin up.

Happy Thanksgivin,

Tom
Awkward Sanchez
Awkward Honesty Inc.
#38 - 2013-11-30 11:47:40 UTC
Tom Fool wrote:

Hear that sound? That's the sound of I.S.K. pilin up.

Indeed it is Tom, Indeed it is.

Time for my "few days in, skies are clear" report:
I've decided to approach the market like I'm on a skiing trip. opened the market graph and looked at the nicer mountain clusters that resembled aspen the most and started tossing isk down the slope, especially the ones with a little ramp at the end. I've always been a big fan of the ESPN wintergames and anything that falls under the extreme sports category. so my theory for this week is "the steeper the slope, the higher the launch".

oh and of course

1. Blink
2. Guidance Systems

don't worry my dear investors, your isk is in safe hands.
Quinn Cooke
Usque Ad Mortem
#39 - 2013-11-30 12:25:33 UTC
Awkward Sanchez wrote:

If anyone so decides to fill up the scheme in one go, I shall up his percentage to 12.8%!!! that's right, 12.8%!!!

I was on holiday and missed this part. I would of covered the rest for 13.0%, because i like to round off. Cool

doesnt play well with others

Awkward Sanchez
Awkward Honesty Inc.
#40 - 2013-11-30 12:27:23 UTC
yowch! keeping that in mind for the next round ;)
Previous page123Next page