These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

We expect CSM members who lack integrity to be removed.

First post First post First post
Author
Prince Kobol
#41 - 2013-11-25 07:39:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Prince Kobol
To the OP,

What the MIttani said at fanfest was stupid, especially in this day and age and especially given that he was live being watched by thousands of people.

Do I believe he really wanted the WIS to Kill himself, of course he bloody didn't

Did the Mittani really want everybody to harass the WIS to the point where he commits suicide, of course he didn't.

To think either of these things is just ridiculous.

However, because of who he (some kind of imaginary bad guy in charge of an evil empire full of evil people in a spaceship game) many people saw this as an opportunity to finally get pay back and thus a ***** storm was created and pushed until CCP had no choice other then to remove him.

Funny enough many people who got bent out of shape over the whole Somerblink episode (something which Somer were doing for years) were the same people who forum raged against the Mittani.

Oh look, its the same people again appearing in this thread, what a surpirse Roll

As for Malcanis, yeah sure he can be abrasive at times and to be honest it makes for a refreshing change.

Most of the CSM members throughout the years have been nothing more the **** sucking psychopaths who appear to be terrified of making anybody unhappy and will pander to anybody regardless of how dumb they are being.

They act more like politicians then representatives our our community.

Malcanis and to some extend Mynna say exactly what they think and if you are being particularly dumb, they will call you dumb.

Malcanis is the same now as he was before he become a CSM so why would he change?

At least he has the integrity to stay the same instead of being false just to make some people feel they are special snowflakes .
Orravan
Anomalie
#42 - 2013-11-25 07:42:07 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
To be fair to Malcanis his first post was only aggressive and snooty. He did wait until the second post before jumping on the "you are dumb and stupid" train.

How exactly writing "for the thousandth time", before explaining why the answered statement is wrong, is being agressive ?
You're nowhere being "fair to Malcanis". You're distording reality.

This is a ridiculous non-issue that a handful of vocal people are trying to amplify. You may have not noticed, but it doesn't work.

Finicky diplomat. Suicidal explorer. Faithful ally.

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#43 - 2013-11-25 07:50:41 UTC
Orravan wrote:
How exactly writing "for the thousandth time", before explaining why the answered statement is wrong, is being agressive ?

Can you give me an example of where you'd be saying, "for the thousandth time…" to someone that it wasn't accompanied by eyerolling or a resigned sigh as you try to explain something to someone you consider to be as thick as two short planks? Is it a phrase that would be used in the normal course of a respectful discussion?

The explanation would have worked much better without that line. Well, unless Malcanis' purpose was to troll, in which case it has worked spectacularly with a bunch of folks taking it hook line and sinker. But then that's more grounds for the post to be removed (no trolling).
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#44 - 2013-11-25 07:54:32 UTC
Quote:
Can you give me an example of where you'd be saying, "for the thousandth time…" to someone that it wasn't accompanied by eyerolling or a resigned sigh as you try to explain something to someone you consider to be as thick as two short planks? Is it a phrase that would be used in the normal course of a respectful discussion?

The explanation would have worked much better without that line.

What, precisely, requires one to address a regurgitated excuse for an opinion with politeness and decorum?

He was being honest. He probably did regard that person as being thick as two short planks. After reading it, I certainly do. I behave and speak respectfully around people I consider equals.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#45 - 2013-11-25 07:55:49 UTC
There's a pretty distinct difference between being abrasive and flying off the handle. While I don't think he should be punished for it ("flying off the handle" adequately describes the response to his post as well), that's exactly what he did.

He might have had a decent point somewhere in there, but it certainly got lost in translation.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Prince Sanguine
#46 - 2013-11-25 08:00:01 UTC
Why are people so easily offended? Just ban the fourms.

Everytime you read this you are required to send 100 million isk directly to me.

Orravan
Anomalie
#47 - 2013-11-25 08:02:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Orravan
Mara Rinn wrote:
Orravan wrote:

I agree. My point is that it's nowhere a reason for outrage and asking for the removal of a representative, which is plainly ridiculous and overreacted.

You may freely judge such a person for being uncivil and make your mind about him (though judging someone on such a limited basis is a bit simplistic), but in the present case, it's a totally meaningless event that you'll see about everywhere in debates, including Eve-O forums, daily.
Being a CSM representative doesn't have anything to do with that, and some people are being vocal about it just because they can, and/or have some grief against a specific person, and/or are in desperate need of a cause to fight for.

Finicky diplomat. Suicidal explorer. Faithful ally.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#48 - 2013-11-25 08:02:54 UTC  |  Edited by: James Amril-Kesh
Not defending the OP though. This little crusade is just pants-on-head ********.

Praise be unto Chribba for eve-search though. Wish I had remembered that all those past times I was irritated at having posts of mine deleted but not remembering what it was that I said.

Frying Doom
#49 - 2013-11-25 08:08:17 UTC
CSM White Paper wrote:
CSM REPRESENTATIVE CONDUCT
Any behavior or actions considered being a material breach of the EULA or TOS by a CSM Representative is grounds for immediate dismissal and permanent exclusion from all pending and future participation in the council. There are no exceptions, regardless of the infraction. Representatives are not only expected to uphold the social contract that all society members are held accountable to, but should also set a behavior standard for everyone else to follow.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#50 - 2013-11-25 08:10:44 UTC  |  Edited by: James Amril-Kesh
If you genuinely believe (and aren't just crusading for its own sake) that there's been a EULA violation, don't post about it on the forums where nobody's going to care. File a petition.

Don't now though, because there hasn't been one. If it were, I'd have been banned a long time ago, because I've said worse things than that in help chat without so much as a warning from ISD.

Rhivre
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#51 - 2013-11-25 08:40:55 UTC
You might have a point...

IF malcanis had been sweetness and light on the forums prior to being elected to the CSM, and then slowly morphed into being grumpy.

You seem to be mixing Malcanis pre-election and Chribba up. This may or may not be an easy mistake to make.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#52 - 2013-11-25 08:41:42 UTC
If you think his attitude is the problem, then you have a very short memory...

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#53 - 2013-11-25 08:47:43 UTC
Apparently he said at some point that he will not be seeking a second term.

Were I him, the first day I was off the council, I'd go on a week long bender of Quafe and violence.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#54 - 2013-11-25 08:48:52 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Apparently he said at some point that he will not be seeking a second term.

Were I him, the first day I was off the council, I'd go on a week long bender of Quafe and violence.

He's said so consistently.

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#55 - 2013-11-25 09:07:59 UTC
Rhivre wrote:
You might have a point...

IF malcanis had been sweetness and light on the forums prior to being elected to the CSM, and then slowly morphed into being grumpy.

You seem to be mixing Malcanis pre-election and Chribba up. This may or may not be an easy mistake to make.

Even as a newer player, I have seen a substantial difference between his posting now and his posting pre election.

He has gone off into the deep end and is often insulting people now, rather than simply being blunt. He no longer seems to seek to educate but instead goes down the path of ridicule.
This is not 'setting an example for the community' unless you think that the path of ridicule for anything you disagree with is the correct path for EVE. I'm not above a little ridicule myself if someone truely is being stupid, but ridiculing people who can present a decent argument simply because it's not your view point is an entirely different matter.

If he should or shouldn't be dismissed from CSM, I'm undecided. But he certainly should be given a good kick over his behaviour by CCP and told to pull himself in line and behave as a community representative. Which includes listening to view points that disagree with you, or even that you find unpalatable. Not just pushing your own personal agenda and trying to trash anything else. Bluntness, that he can keep.
Mythrandier
Solace Corp
#56 - 2013-11-25 09:18:55 UTC

So…

Someone posts the same old touted crap about TIDI being **** (No doubt someone who never saw pre TIDI Big Fights ™)…

Malcanis rightly calls them out on said touted crap…

Aaaannd some random NPC alts makes I-am-upset-CCP-pander-to-me thread No. 476,396

More at 11

P.S I voted for him with both my accounts last year and would do so again this year if he ran. Shame he isn't.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -  D. Adams.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#57 - 2013-11-25 09:24:15 UTC
Quote:
He has gone off into the deep end and is often insulting people now, rather than simply being blunt. He no longer seems to seek to educate but instead goes down the path of ridicule.

Having always been (from EVE's point of view anyway) as ascerbic as I am, permit me to offer a possible explanation.

Malcanis is pretty much burned out on suffering fools.

I myself have gone through phases like this, although much earlier in my life than Malcanis, who is somewhat older than I. I was a professional tutor some time ago. At first, I enjoyed using my superior skills or knowledge to help those less far along the road than I.

But as you see face after face stare at you blankly, not comprehending what a reciprocal is, it starts to wear on even the most kindhearted person, which I surely am not.

Day after day, question after question, of something people should be capable of understanding on their own, should they choose to apply themselves. Eventually you start to hate the thought of being asked a question, of having someone intrude upon you to find the answer to something you know perfectly well they could find on their own. You tire of seeing people take the easy way out because genuine learning is too hard or time consuming.

Then you stop feeling pity at all for the states they put themselves in. After all, why should it fall on you to correct someone else's wayward behavior? Why, when you learned it the hard way, do these people feel entitled to the fruits of your knowledge?

And there you have it.

Best Meltdown Ever.

GeeShizzle MacCloud
#58 - 2013-11-25 09:54:19 UTC  |  Edited by: GeeShizzle MacCloud
would just like to say this:

Just because you're standing up for a person harbouring some irrelevant misguided ideas, doesnt mean you're on any moral or intellectual high ground. Unlike the environment of entitlement and coddling that both you and the person you're standing up for have grown to love, the internet and the environment of Eve Online does not share your belief that just because you have a mouth/fingers with which to express your views, makes it right or worthwhile to speak them.

Much like solving a serious incident in a nuclear power reactor, i would not take the advice of a novice in the field over an expert just because that novice believes he's entitled to voice his opinion, in fact i would do much like what has been done in the situation you're complaining about and tell the person to STFU, and that he should go forth and multiply away from my presence.

Theres enough beginner background noise on these forums cluttering up threads that are aimed at helping solve complex game issues without adding more to the mix.
Vrykolakasis
Sparrowhawks Corp
#59 - 2013-11-25 09:59:52 UTC
While I do expect CSM members to have some level of integrity, and to be held to it, being nice to everyone is not the same thing. After reading the original post I thought Malcanis must have posted someone's home address, cell number, bank account information, and a set of embarrassing beach photos. Clearly I was a little confused after actually reading the thread in question.
Signal11th
#60 - 2013-11-25 10:19:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Signal11th
I imagine it's like being in IT for Malcanis....

You can only tell someone for the 100th time how to fix the same problem they ask about day after day before you want to stick their head through the monitor screen.

I think I remember one thread on here where Malcanis basically said he wasn't interested in something and lo and behold I think it went to 40 pages or more of people telling him "he should be interested"

After reading the thread he pretty much explained everything in his first post and then had to suffer the ire of people whinging and asking for him to be removed from the CSM because he wasn't interested. I think a cocktail was mentioned Big smile

Anyway if this is what he has to suffer most days all I can say he was a lot more polite about it than I would have been.

I've only voted for 2 people in the CSM in my entire time in this game and one of them was Malcanis.

God Said "Come Forth and receive eternal life!" I came fifth and won a toaster!