These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

We expect CSM members who lack integrity to be removed.

First post First post First post
Author
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#21 - 2013-11-25 06:21:49 UTC
The Mittani wrote:
Turns out it was Riverini of EN24 who ran around to the gaming media on an anonymous throwaway email yammering about 'cyberbullying' instead of 'drunken inappropriate joke'...

When was this discovered?
SurrenderMonkey
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#22 - 2013-11-25 06:24:15 UTC
Carebears Countdown 5-4-3-2-1 wrote:
Yes, I understand, you guys like this man a lot for some reason.

You've put on these tainted goggles that dont allow you to see the truth behind what he did.

Someone said something stupid.

He told them they had said something stupid.

Unless there is a disagreement on these basic facts, I'm pretty sure that's the truth behind what he did.

I'm comfortable with that.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Altrue
Exploration Frontier inc
Tactical-Retreat
#23 - 2013-11-25 06:25:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Altrue
Malcanis is just a child that tries to prove that he is a big boy by using big words (insults), instead of using big arguments. Roll
Responsible persons don't tell others that they are dumb with a statement, they explain why with arguments. (By the way that's also more entertaining to watch)

In any case, I want to remind people three things :
1- A vote is binary. Either you vote for someone, either you don't. You cannot endorse every part of one's personality just by voting for him. And maybe a person elected was just the least worst of the lot for instance.
2- For someone that litteraly has CSM written on his face (avatar actually), you are right to expect, not a denial of his personality, but at least some effort to show the good example and to be constructive. (ihmo he was constructive... on some of his posts)
3- ISDs intervened in his posts so maybe we are not delirious when we say that he went too far.

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#24 - 2013-11-25 06:25:11 UTC
Quote:

You've put on these tainted goggles that dont allow you to see the truth behind what he did.

I understand precisely what he did.

He told someone who was saying something stupid, that they had said something stupid, just like every other person who had said the same stupid thing.

Malcanis had the gall to suggest that saying something stupid over and over again doesn't make it any less stupid.

Oh, how dare he, rabble rabble.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Orravan
Anomalie
#25 - 2013-11-25 06:26:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Orravan

(...)

I'm certain enough level-headed, mature people will see this and spend a few minutes of their time standing up for what's right.

People don't necessarily have to like the man, but his opinions and his capability to raise the opinions of his fellow players.
And posting as an alt surely doesn't give a lot of weight to your fight for "what is right". It's probably not as meaningfull as you want it to be if you can't manage to speak for yourself.

Altrue wrote:
3- ISDs intervened in his posts so maybe we are not delirious when we say that he went too far.

Yeah. They intervened like 34 hours later. I wonder if it has something to do with a couple people turning this into an overdramatized incident.

Finicky diplomat. Suicidal explorer. Faithful ally.

The Mittani
State War Academy
Caldari State
#26 - 2013-11-25 06:27:10 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:
The Mittani wrote:
Turns out it was Riverini of EN24 who ran around to the gaming media on an anonymous throwaway email yammering about 'cyberbullying' instead of 'drunken inappropriate joke'...

When was this discovered?

I figured it out a while ago, maybe six months or so? Really, I should have known from the start.

~hi~

The Mittani
State War Academy
Caldari State
#27 - 2013-11-25 06:29:58 UTC

EDIT: Oh em gee, The Mittani responded! I am honoured! Mittens, you basically sat at home and designed a costume and an entire powerpoint presentation, all under the mentality that you would take it a few thousand kilometres oversees to make fun of a user who manipulates space ship pixels in a manner you find amusing. Your opinion on the matter of integrity matters about the same as my walls.
Seriously, I didn't want this kind of attention. All the big names, go away. :P

There was one slide in the presentation about the topic in the OP, and DNSBlack gave me the hat. You can't stop lying, can you? Or - more likely - you never watched the whole presentation to begin with. I do say lots of mean things in it, though - feel free to 'grr goon' like the rest about it.

More self-righteous, bleating hypocrisy. No wonder you refuse to post with your main~

~hi~

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#28 - 2013-11-25 06:30:58 UTC
Altrue wrote:
Malcanis is just a child that tries to prove that he is a big boy by using big words (insults), instead of using big arguments. Roll
Responsible persons don't tell others that they are dumb with a statement, they explain why with arguments. (By the way that's also more entertaining to watch)

http://eve-search.com/thread/298668-1/page/1#14

a resonsible person might have read the posts in question before judging them
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#29 - 2013-11-25 06:34:10 UTC
The Mittani wrote:

EDIT: Oh em gee, The Mittani responded! I am honoured! Mittens, you basically sat at home and designed a costume and an entire powerpoint presentation, all under the mentality that you would take it a few thousand kilometres oversees to make fun of a user who manipulates space ship pixels in a manner you find amusing. Your opinion on the matter of integrity matters about the same as my walls.
Seriously, I didn't want this kind of attention. All the big names, go away. :P

There was one slide in the presentation about the topic in the OP, and DNSBlack gave me the hat. You can't stop lying, can you? Or - more likely - you never watched the whole presentation to begin with. I do say lots of mean things in it, though - feel free to 'grr goon' like the rest about it.

More self-righteous, bleating hypocrisy. No wonder you refuse to post with your main~

I actually first saw it when I watched the announcement of the creation of the Ministry of Love.

It was like a week later that I actually heard anything about the cyber bullying thing. I had to go back and check to see what they were talking about, because I hadn't even noticed anything as objectionable as the firestorm being raised made it seem.

IMO, genuinely blown out of proportion.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#30 - 2013-11-25 06:35:34 UTC
I am fully grown. The person who he said these things to was very, very offended. I am standing up for her, the same way I like when people stand up for me when I'm in similar situations.

That's called being a grown up. Standing up for what's right instead of allowing people to tramp all over whatever they want. Ignoring it because it's inconvenient for me to have to make a 10 minute thread is childish and immature. Selfish attitudes are prevalent among the younger generations, we become more socially aware of each others situations as we progress in life

If you're so adult and standing up for what is right, why do it behind a 12 day old alt?

Have the conviction to post with your main at least, rather than hide behind an NPC Corp alt.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#31 - 2013-11-25 06:37:03 UTC
Altrue wrote:

In any case, I want to remind people three things :
1- A vote is binary. Either you vote for someone, either you don't. You cannot endorse every part of one's personality just by voting for him. And maybe a person elected was just the least worst of the lot for instance.
2- For someone that litteraly has CSM written on his face (avatar actually), you are right to expect, not a denial of his personality, but at least some effort to show the good example and to be constructive. (ihmo he was constructive... on some of his posts)

How about NO to all that? His election platform was pretty obvious about how he would not sugar coat stuff or go with white gloves during his mandate if he got elected. If you voted for him thinking he would stop calling stupid people stupid, then you deserve to be called stupid too...
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#32 - 2013-11-25 06:55:16 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:
Altrue wrote:

A responsible person might notice the editing and prunings by ISD and wonder if, perhaps, being obnoxious on the public forums is an appropriate way to behave.
CMDR Yoshi
Corporate Corporations Incorporated
#33 - 2013-11-25 07:04:59 UTC
Just bounced across 4 different forums trying to find one without drama on the frontpage. Should've really known better than to go to EVE-O's forums.

Still...

Who is "we"? Cos by the looks of it, it ain't anyone in this thread.
masternerdguy
Doomheim
#34 - 2013-11-25 07:05:42 UTC
Oh gag.

I bet you also think there's no such thing as a dumb question.

Things are only impossible until they are not.

Leigh Akiga
Kuhri Innovations
#35 - 2013-11-25 07:05:53 UTC
Who was humiliated in the public eye? And how? Can I view some evidence before being included in the 'we' of this thread title?
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#36 - 2013-11-25 07:07:11 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
Benny Ohu wrote:
Altrue wrote:

A responsible person might notice the editing and prunings by ISD and wonder if, perhaps, being obnoxious on the public forums is an appropriate way to behave.

ISD can't edit eve-search. OP didn't read the posts before baselessly insulting the poster, and is a butt. Butts smell like farts. OP smells like farts, QED
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#37 - 2013-11-25 07:13:21 UTC
Altrue wrote:

Maybe you should read the posts in question before concluding that Malcanis jumped straight to insulting the other poster?

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#38 - 2013-11-25 07:22:58 UTC
also yeah what's this royal 'we' nonsense? speak for your own goddamn self, being told "you said something dumb and I am not obligated to coddle you over it" isn't "humiliation"

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Orravan
Anomalie
#39 - 2013-11-25 07:28:23 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
Benny Ohu wrote:
Altrue wrote:

People usually don't get edited for being sarcastic. In the worst case, they just are being judged as rude and unfriendly people. You wouldn't be able otherwise to read half of the debates on the forums, including those argumented.
Indeed you'd like to have the discussions nothing but civil and utterly polite, but manipulating and distording reality isn't a proof of good faith.

Also, as already stated, the edition has been made 34 hours later. I've seen better reaction from the ISD against obvious rules violations, and wonder why it took that much time in this particular case. Hint : it may have something to do with a vocal minority playing outrage over a meaningless exchange.
Finally, contrary to Altrue' statement, Malcanis did answer with arguments. You're free to check that on the eve-search link provided earlier.

Finicky diplomat. Suicidal explorer. Faithful ally.

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#40 - 2013-11-25 07:28:38 UTC
Andski wrote:
Altrue wrote:

Maybe you should read the posts in question before concluding that Malcanis jumped straight to insulting the other poster?

To be fair to Malcanis his first post was only aggressive and snooty. He did wait until the second post before jumping on the "you are dumb and stupid" train.

IMHO, Malcanis needs a Bex and a good lie down. The strain of CSM duties is impacting his normally witty and insightful forum posting.