These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

We expect CSM members who lack integrity to be removed.

First post First post First post
Author
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#201 - 2013-11-26 02:24:31 UTC
I don't think you've said anything he hasn't already heard a thousand times.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#202 - 2013-11-26 02:32:46 UTC
And now we're equating a faux pas with murder.

This is why no one should take you people seriously.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Zurin Arctus
Trauma Ward
#203 - 2013-11-26 02:40:36 UTC
Sure is meta in here.
Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#204 - 2013-11-26 02:44:59 UTC
Coffee Rocks wrote:
Proletariat Tingtango wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Wow. Goons, members of an organization that instills self esteem in it's members my the mere membership, something that we have seen in history before (ahem 1933-1945), saying that I am a member of such an organization.

I am sensing a lot of latent butthurt over Mittani on this one. Get over it, guys. Your Fuhrer screwed the pooch and even admitted it. Though the unofficial charges of "bullying" I did not agree with, and his reasons for fighting this "charge" as he explained on Eve Radio I agree with.

Meanwhile, you know not my past and activities enough so stop it with the SPLC-fueled hate speech on libertarian ideals. We libertarians are winning the war and when we fully take over, we have plans to leave you alone and let you do what you want so long as you don't hurt or steal from anybody. I know this is hard to take for some of you, but try to put some of that goon-fueled self-esteem building into real world use and let yourself believe you can survive in a world that lets you take care of yourself, take the credit for it, and be held responsible for your actions when you screw up. Just remain calm and breath through that cold sweat that builds up when you think about that and you'll get through this.

Yeah, let's compare a video game organization to real world bad guys that murdered millions of people. That sounds awfully like something you know who might do.

I was just thinking 2 things when I read that:
1) How did this turn into a "goons r evil" thread? Wasn't this started as Anti-Mal? Or is it customary now that every thread must have a reference to Goons and/or they're intentions to kill all puppies and kittens?
2) That took longer than I thought for a **** reference to come up on a flame thread.

Any thread that lasts long enough on EveO invariably turns into a "grr goons" thread, particularly if people with an axe to grind like Mr. Himmler Wolfblitzer up there post in it.
Baaldor
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#205 - 2013-11-26 02:50:56 UTC
Cygnet Lythanea wrote:
The Mittani wrote:
Reality check: just because you're offended by something does not mean that you are entitled to anything on account of being offended~

Sadly this is true. If it wasn't, I'd have a necklace of certain player's frozen junk. (Ears are for amateurs. if you really want to send a message, use someone's ball sack to keep your pipe in.)

I will however point out that I do feel that the whole thing was needless and in poor taste.

And Mittens, we've all heard the Jagerbombs excuse. As you well know, 'I was drunk' doesn't wash with most judges when you're brought in for killing someone, directly or otherwise. That whole thing could have had very serious consequences, and not just for the poor shmuck you targeted. Further, I might point out that Ginger Magician (who the old players should at least vaguely remember) got a lifetime one for threatening someone's life in a far less serious manner than you did. His threat was laughable. You're might have actually driven the guy to suicide.

Consider yourself lucky, and think twice before you put on your self righteous act when someone reminds you that you did that.

Ginger was a repeat offender, perma banned then freed...then perma banned again. Not to mention he did that crap on a regular basis.

Ginger was sober, Mittens was hammered.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#206 - 2013-11-26 02:52:23 UTC
Mittens was wearing a pointy hat though. He could have fallen over and stabbed someone in the balls with it.

Varius Xeral
Doomheim
#207 - 2013-11-26 03:06:42 UTC
Malcanis is literally Pol Pot.

Official Representative of The Nullsec Zealot Cabal

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#208 - 2013-11-26 03:18:26 UTC
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
Coffee Rocks wrote:
Proletariat Tingtango wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Wow. Goons, members of an organization that instills self esteem in it's members my the mere membership, something that we have seen in history before (ahem 1933-1945), saying that I am a member of such an organization.

I am sensing a lot of latent butthurt over Mittani on this one. Get over it, guys. Your Fuhrer screwed the pooch and even admitted it. Though the unofficial charges of "bullying" I did not agree with, and his reasons for fighting this "charge" as he explained on Eve Radio I agree with.

Meanwhile, you know not my past and activities enough so stop it with the SPLC-fueled hate speech on libertarian ideals. We libertarians are winning the war and when we fully take over, we have plans to leave you alone and let you do what you want so long as you don't hurt or steal from anybody. I know this is hard to take for some of you, but try to put some of that goon-fueled self-esteem building into real world use and let yourself believe you can survive in a world that lets you take care of yourself, take the credit for it, and be held responsible for your actions when you screw up. Just remain calm and breath through that cold sweat that builds up when you think about that and you'll get through this.

Yeah, let's compare a video game organization to real world bad guys that murdered millions of people. That sounds awfully like something you know who might do.

I was just thinking 2 things when I read that:
1) How did this turn into a "goons r evil" thread? Wasn't this started as Anti-Mal? Or is it customary now that every thread must have a reference to Goons and/or they're intentions to kill all puppies and kittens?
2) That took longer than I thought for a **** reference to come up on a flame thread.

Any thread that lasts long enough on EveO invariably turns into a "grr goons" thread, particularly if people with an axe to grind like Mr. Himmler Wolfblitzer up there post in it.

I don't have an axe to grind. But thanks for thinking I do.

Meanwhile, 35000+ members and you have failed to destroy the game.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#209 - 2013-11-26 03:23:12 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

I don't have an axe to grind.

In which case your behavior is inexplicable.

Pretty much all you do is ***** and moan about Goons and/or things they do. If you aren't butthurt, then you're insane.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#210 - 2013-11-26 03:26:14 UTC  |  Edited by: James Amril-Kesh
I'd rather him moan about Goons than "protected classes" (which sounds more like a term from computer science rather than sociology-according-to-card-carrying-NRA-members).

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#211 - 2013-11-26 03:32:14 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
I'd rather him moan about Goons than "protected classes" (which sounds more like a term from computer science rather than sociology-according-to-card-carrying-NRA-members).

Funny thing is, I both have an NRA membership(along with 6 firearms), and I am a libertarian, and I still have no idea where he gets some of this stuff.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Yonis Kador
KADORCORP
#212 - 2013-11-26 03:35:18 UTC
So, as someone who has never been particularly concerned with what people think about what I have to say, I'd like to mention that I was taken aback by this CCP response:

CCP Dolan wrote:
Members of the CSM are encouraged to set an example for other players, but they are by no means required to do so.

Really??

Really?

Well why not?

I'm happy to admit that 1) I agree Malcanis was a blunt instrument long before he was elected to the CSM and that I did not vote for him (no offense) in no small part because of his frequently negative, combative attitude and 2) that I am not calling for his removal in any way, shape or form. I didn't see anything that requires a response of that level.

But with that being stated, I also think a diverse assortment of opinions are most-beneficial to the quality of player feedback.

For the life of me, I cannot see how it is beneficial for CCP to have it's own representatives publicly state that civility is encouraged but not required.

The game is cutthroat by design and the meta-game does extend to these forums. But the forums are also the best tool CCP has available to solicit customer feedback on an ongoing and immediate basis. The entire justification for the creation of the ISD was to ensure that the forums continue to run smoothly.

So how can you have a policy of widespread forum moderation to ensure civil discourse specifically because of the benefits while simultaneously not requiring it from CSM representatives?

Weaselior wrote:
i cast a vote for malcanis both because he is not a fool and because he does not suffer them

I also have to disagree with this. (Sorry, Weaselior.) A truly intelligent man, knowing he is wise, would suffer fools gladly. There is no reason people cannot disagree without being disagreeable and imo, it isn't unreasonable to expect the CSM (even moreso) to be held to an exacting standard. How is the community supposed to be able to bring their concerns to the CSM if they were all a bunch of raving jerks? Worse, if hordes of players come to believe uncouth behavior is the new cool and rude, discourteous behavior became the norm (even more than usual) - how is that going to be beneficial to CCP? Or us?

I have no horse in this race. This isn't personal. But, imo, civility should be more than a suggestion for CSM members.

Just my two cents.

YK
Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#213 - 2013-11-26 03:36:33 UTC
I expect posting as bad as the OP to be dealt with by ISD. Apparently we don't always get what we want.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#214 - 2013-11-26 03:51:10 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

I tried petitioning once to have the dash taken out of my name because my old alliance forums wouldn't let me register with a name that had one in it, but they also wouldn't let me use a name that didn't match with my character. No dice. I ended up just making an alt so I could register.

They wouldn't let you register on the forum as James Amril Kesh? Roll That's just grounds for AWOXing
Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#215 - 2013-11-26 03:52:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Johnny Marzetti
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

Meanwhile, 35000+ members and you have failed to destroy the game.

Oh, another Murk Paradox alt. You're still the most boring troll.

Edit: No, I take that back, when you talk about yourself you're pretty hilarious.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#216 - 2013-11-26 08:56:22 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
I don't think you've said anything he hasn't already heard a thousand times.

Reported.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Signal11th
#217 - 2013-11-26 09:06:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Signal11th
Malcanis wrote:
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but this thread has certainly swayed my opinion.

Next election, I'll be voting for Malcanis twice.

It's a generous thought, but no you won't.

I'll be back to calling out bad posts with wrong ideas in without the benefit of a special tag next year.

Oh well back to voting for Darius then ......Shocked

God Said "Come Forth and receive eternal life!" I came fifth and won a toaster!

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#218 - 2013-11-26 09:06:56 UTC
Yonis Kador wrote:

For the life of me, I cannot see how it is beneficial for CCP to have it's own representatives publicly state that civility is encouraged but not required.

You realise that CCP devs posted their own music video on youtube of them singing a song called "Harden The **** Up"?

I'll tl;dr my response to your post with the following observation:

Not all ideas and opinions are equal or deserving of equal respect.

When people foul up discussion of important issues with wilfully ignorant and incorrect statements then they deserve to be made fully aware of their ignorance, and to be made to understand the lack of regard that they're held in, in the hope that this stops them from causing further damage and wasting more time.

The fact that these persons have largely gone through life being told by well meaning persons that yes, their opinions count the same as everyone elses, and yes they should be treated with deference regardless of their own lack of respect for facts and the quality of debate means that it often comes as a dreadful shock when they finally meet someone who doesn't care to put up with their bullshit and exposes the inferiority of their opinion.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#219 - 2013-11-26 09:07:43 UTC
Signal11th wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but this thread has certainly swayed my opinion.

Next election, I'll be voting for Malcanis twice.

It's a generous thought, but no you won't.

I'll be back to calling out bad posts with wrong ideas in without the benefit of a special tag next year.

Oh well back to voting for Darius then......Shocked

Give Banlish a chance.

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Josef Djugashvilis
#220 - 2013-11-26 09:17:27 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Yonis Kador wrote:

You realise that CCP devs posted their own music video on youtube of them singing a song called "Harden The **** Up"?

I'll tl;dr my response to your post with the following observation:

Not all ideas and opinions are equal or deserving of equal respect.

When people foul up discussion of important issues with wilfully ignorant and incorrect statements then they deserve to be made fully aware of their ignorance, and to be made to understand the lack of regard that they're held in, in the hope that this stops them from causing further damage and wasting more time.

The fact that these persons have largely gone through life being told by well meaning persons that yes, their opinions count the same as everyone elses, and yes they should be treated with deference regardless of their own lack of respect for facts and the quality of debate means that it often comes as a dreadful shock when they finally meet someone who doesn't care to put up with their bullshit and exposes the inferiority of their opinion.

The ego is strong in this one.

This is not a signature.