These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP and where Incarna, Ambulation, Walking in stations? !

First post
Author
Kabaos
Fulgur lumene
#81 - 2013-12-02 14:53:49 UTC
Omnathious Deninard wrote:
The only thing that I would like to see for WiS is a Board Room, make it an isk sink, charge a per use fee equal to that of renting an office in that station, but for 24hrs.

EVE has tons of politics, and a meeting/board room would add a new level to the political negations.

Cool, agree.
Terranid Meester
Tactical Assault and Recon Unit
#82 - 2013-12-02 16:00:32 UTC
I don't see CCP saying anywhere 'I promise such and such'.
Cpt Tirel
Institute For Continuous Glory
#83 - 2013-12-02 17:08:07 UTC
Terranid Meester wrote:

When an MMO developer release a new type of content to their game, they are responsible for updating it sooner or later, that is what the monthly subscription is for.

If the content is not used by anyone, and nobody cares, then fine leave it.

The content released in Incarna is used by every Eve player that ever made use of the character creator, yet it has never been updated. People post about it daily here on the forums, yet nothing happens. not a SINGLE thing, it is almost ridiculous.
Jeanluca
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#84 - 2013-12-04 06:46:40 UTC
Throw some booze and an outside view in my captain quarters! Lol
Bobby Frutt
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#85 - 2013-12-04 06:54:42 UTC
Walking in station is not PVP. All CCP cares about is making a game that allows people to shoot other people's ships in a better manner. If they could only pull their heads out of their butts, they would see having immersive elements like hanging out at the bars in station would really help the PVP.

Imagine you're hanging out a bar in Dodixie with your mates; a bunch of Gallentes. Another clan walks into the bar and low and behold, it's some notorious Caldari traders. You exchange some heated words as the barkeep pours more drinks and you decide to take it outside. You agree to a "bar fight" which is a new mechanic added, and the game undocks you both at the same time with an aggression timer to prevent dock up.

I know the above idea is absolutely ridiculous, I'm just illustrating the different ways PVP could actually have meaning by adding immersive elements to the game.

CCP wants to homogenize this game into a giant routine, and it's getting annoying. Look at exploration. It used to be "finding the unknown". Now it's a routine. PVP, yet another routine.

I want to play a fun immersive game CCP, not do routines.
Kabaos
Fulgur lumene
#86 - 2013-12-04 18:19:41 UTC
Cpt Tirel wrote:
Terranid Meester wrote:

When an MMO developer release a new type of content to their game, they are responsible for updating it sooner or later, that is what the monthly subscription is for.

If the content is not used by anyone, and nobody cares, then fine leave it.

The content released in Incarna is used by every Eve player that ever made use of the character creator, yet it has never been updated. People post about it daily here on the forums, yet nothing happens. not a SINGLE thing, it is almost ridiculous.

Yeah, agree.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#87 - 2013-12-04 18:41:46 UTC
Pretty sure it's already been stated… shouldn't we be looking for ways to encourage people to, well… you know… undock?

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Kabaos
Fulgur lumene
#88 - 2013-12-04 18:50:56 UTC
Bobby Frutt wrote:
Walking in station is not PVP. All CCP cares about is making a game that allows people to shoot other people's ships in a better manner. If they could only pull their heads out of their butts, they would see having immersive elements like hanging out at the bars in station would really help the PVP.

Imagine you're hanging out a bar in Dodixie with your mates; a bunch of Gallentes. Another clan walks into the bar and low and behold, it's some notorious Caldari traders. You exchange some heated words as the barkeep pours more drinks and you decide to take it outside. You agree to a "bar fight" which is a new mechanic added, and the game undocks you both at the same time with an aggression timer to prevent dock up.

I know the above idea is absolutely ridiculous, I'm just illustrating the different ways PVP could actually have meaning by adding immersive elements to the game.

CCP wants to homogenize this game into a giant routine, and it's getting annoying. Look at exploration. It used to be "finding the unknown". Now it's a routine. PVP, yet another routine.

To get away from this routine should be a place where you can contemplate the wonderful views space to think and dream.
Bischopt
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#89 - 2013-12-04 19:26:58 UTC
I'll just say that I really don't care for WiS and I do have some problems with it.

1. When CCP were first making it, they neglected the rest of Eve for what, 2 years? The only good thing about Incarna (the expansion) was that it caused an uproar and made CCP realise their mistakes.

2. WiS was released when it was half-finished. It added nothing in terms of actual gameplay while giving CCP an excuse to implement the disgustingly horrible Noble Exhange store (NeX) and AUR. Basically incarna was a tool to introduce microtransactions and useless vanity items.

3. For a while it seemed like CCP wanted to make WiS the default option in Eve. Meaning you'd always go to captain's quarters instead of your hangar. Forcing WiS on the players was a mistake and there was protesting (not the jita riots but still).

4. I'm pretty sure #4 exists but I can't think of it right now.

Bottom line: I don't want CCP to spend any more money or resources on WiS. "Flying in space" which is more commonly known as Eve Online is more important and should have CCP's full attention.
Kabaos
Fulgur lumene
#90 - 2013-12-12 12:32:28 UTC
Bischopt wrote:
I'll just say that I really don't care for WiS and I do have some problems with it.

1. When CCP were first making it, they neglected the rest of Eve for what, 2 years? The only good thing about Incarna (the expansion) was that it caused an uproar and made CCP realise their mistakes.

2. WiS was released when it was half-finished. It added nothing in terms of actual gameplay while giving CCP an excuse to implement the disgustingly horrible Noble Exhange store (NeX) and AUR. Basically incarna was a tool to introduce microtransactions and useless vanity items.

3. For a while it seemed like CCP wanted to make WiS the default option in Eve. Meaning you'd always go to captain's quarters instead of your hangar. Forcing WiS on the players was a mistake and there was protesting (not the jita riots but still).

4. I'm pretty sure #4 exists but I can't think of it right now.

Bottom line: I don't want CCP to spend any more money or resources on WiS. "Flying in space" which is more commonly known as Eve Online is more important and should have CCP's full attention.

But I want that CCP develop WIS than other project like WOD, which not connected with EVE Online.!
Allyssa Lowell
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#91 - 2013-12-22 05:59:15 UTC
In my opinion the best way to go forward with Walking in Stations (WiS) is to integrate slowly. for instance have the exit door in the current captain's quarters go to the corporation's office (if there is one in that station) and have a set number of available offices on the station, or to a private lounge area for your corp members if there is not. and then slowly branch from there. adding a concourse level at some point, and being as we are talking about a station, these can be instanced because it is a space station, not open space.

local chat could then be channel switched (the same as moving from one solar system to another) to your given concourse, club, pub, office, or lounge.

if your alliance has an office on board then you could go to a meeting there as well.

these are just some of my ideas of how WiS could progress, albeit slowly. I do not think it feasible, or wise to add all the things they want to do with WiS simultaneously. but giving more options than just the captain's quarters would be a decent start. being as something like this could be instanced, it would take a lot of lag off the game servers, however, it is unknown what kind of hardware changes would eventually be required for this action.

food for thought.
Scuzzy Logic
Space Spuds
#92 - 2013-12-23 01:10:08 UTC
Bump for interest. We got all the bad of WiS, now give us the good you promised, CCP!
Kabaos
Fulgur lumene
#93 - 2014-01-04 16:52:02 UTC
Scuzzy Logic wrote:
Bump for interest. We got all the bad of WiS, now give us the good you promised, CCP!

Yeah.
Kabaos
Fulgur lumene
#94 - 2014-01-04 16:52:54 UTC
Allyssa Lowell wrote:
In my opinion the best way to go forward with Walking in Stations (WiS) is to integrate slowly. for instance have the exit door in the current captain's quarters go to the corporation's office (if there is one in that station) and have a set number of available offices on the station, or to a private lounge area for your corp members if there is not. and then slowly branch from there. adding a concourse level at some point, and being as we are talking about a station, these can be instanced because it is a space station, not open space.

local chat could then be channel switched (the same as moving from one solar system to another) to your given concourse, club, pub, office, or lounge.

if your alliance has an office on board then you could go to a meeting there as well.

these are just some of my ideas of how WiS could progress, albeit slowly. I do not think it feasible, or wise to add all the things they want to do with WiS simultaneously. but giving more options than just the captain's quarters would be a decent start. being as something like this could be instanced, it would take a lot of lag off the game servers, however, it is unknown what kind of hardware changes would eventually be required for this action.

food for thought.

Good idea.
Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#95 - 2014-01-04 23:38:23 UTC
Delt0r Garsk wrote:
Please no compulsory WiS. I want to fly space ships, not dress up.

Yet you took the trouble to create your character, dress him up, create your avatar and create a nice picture for your profile. You already play dress up!

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Little Dragon Khamez
#96 - 2014-01-04 23:43:09 UTC
Bobby Frutt wrote:

Or you could settle your score another way, by combating each other in a modified version of the hacking mini game, the loser forfeits the ship they came in on or the contents of their hanger or every penny of isk.

Delt0r Garsk
Shits N Giggles
#97 - 2014-01-05 22:29:57 UTC
Little Dragon Khamez wrote:
Delt0r Garsk wrote:

Yet you took the trouble to create your character, dress him up, create your avatar and create a nice picture for your profile. You already play dress up!

Turns out you can't create a character otherwise. I used the random buttons.

AKA the scientist.

Death and Glory!

Well fun is also good.

Little Dragon Khamez
#98 - 2014-01-06 01:17:13 UTC
Delt0r Garsk wrote:
Delt0r Garsk wrote:

Turns out you can't create a character otherwise. I used the random buttons.

It worked out well for you., you must have posed it though. Don't you identify with your character in game though? Does your character mean anything to you at all?

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#99 - 2014-01-06 09:29:35 UTC
Kabaos wrote:
Promises : https://wiki.eveonline.com/wikiEN/index.php/Walking_in_stations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzZRRPPw_QE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzy7DG8VR2s

Intresting concept :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_JteBc01fA

I will not repeat, and so there are lots of topics already about good Incarna.
Working : http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/Myrkala/Incarna_Wallpaper1280x1024.jpg

I want to see the volumetric Sci-Fi, but not only space and ships.

Here's my suggestion poll http://www.rupoll.com/lcavvutysp.html

not again. LEts be simple. players revolted agaisnt incarna and made CCP loose thousands of subscriptions. CCP listened and basically scrapped anything not related to space ships.

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Delt0r Garsk
Shits N Giggles
#100 - 2014-01-06 10:07:36 UTC

It worked out well for you., you must have posed it though. Don't you identify with your character in game though? Does your character mean anything to you at all?

I wouldn't say that. I found it annoying to the point the first time i just didn't bother joining. I would have played eve a good 3-4 months sooner without it.

I don't want to wait 5 min each time i undock for the "walk down the hall and hop in your pod" animation. I don't want to have some crappy virtual bar where... where nothing really going to happen since we all do interact with chat channels, voice coms etc. Its like trying to force the meta game to be in game. It won't work. So then is 99% cosmetic. At which point what is the point.

However before you all flame away, My requirement is that it is not *mandatory*. If you want to wait 5min every time you undock, or 10 min to find something in the market because you like second life in space, be my guest. Just don't make me do it.

AKA the scientist.

Death and Glory!

Well fun is also good.