These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

High Sec POCO stupidity.

First post First post
Author
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#201 - 2013-11-20 21:29:34 UTC
Mangala Solaris wrote:
Those people obviously do not understand economics. Or are doing it for fun.

If you want reasonable tax rates, come up to The Forge and look for an RvB-R or an RvB-B owned POCO, we have good rates for neutrals - 5% from us, and a recommendation to train Customs Code Expertise to V to knock the NPC tax down to 5% also, giving you a very favourable 10%

(When compared to the Interbus basic rate on the remaining Interbus Offices).

Err... I'm seeing a base rate of 15% on RVB-R customs offices. If it was 5%, that would definitely be a level most wouldn't care about, and RVB-R could just sit back and collect the 5% for future FFA events. It isn't practical to wardec RVB-R either.

RvB-R and RvB-B are probably the two alliances people won't mind paying to, compared to the alternatives.
W0wbagger
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#202 - 2013-11-20 21:30:35 UTC
Probably been said already but go to lowsec - plenty of quiet systems where it's very safe and reasonable tax - feel free to mail me for some suggestions
Khador Vess
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#203 - 2013-11-20 21:31:48 UTC
Tau Cabalander wrote:
Mangala Solaris wrote:

If you want reasonable tax rates, come up to The Forge and look for an RvB-R or an RvB-B owned POCO, we have good rates for neutrals - 5% from us, and a recommendation to train Customs Code Expertise to V to knock the NPC tax down to 5% also, giving you a very favourable 10%

Err... I'm seeing a base rate of 15% on RVB-R customs offices. If it was 5%, that would definitely be a level most wouldn't care about, and RVB-R could just sit back and collect the 5% for future FFA events. It isn't practical to wardec RVB-R either.

RvB-R and RvB-B are probably the two alliances people won't mind paying to, compared to the alternatives.

That would be the base 10% NPC tax + the RvB 5%

You need to train the new skill to get your NPC tax down to 5%.
Andski
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#204 - 2013-11-20 21:46:45 UTC
wow how original it's almost as if that exact same definition has never been posted on these same forums, let alone this very thread

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Telemachus Rheade
State War Academy
Caldari State
#205 - 2013-11-20 21:52:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Telemachus Rheade
Tau Cabalander wrote:
Mangala Solaris wrote:

There is a new skill that lowers the NPC tax rate from 10% to 5%. RvB has the tax rate set to 5% for Neutrals. So if you have 0 in that new skill (it is under Trade I think) your combined tax will be 15%. Anyone dedicated to PI should train it to 5, so you can have a 10% (5% NPC + 5% RvB) tax rate.

If you want to take some POCOs away from RvB, hire Noir. or any other Merc Corp. I hear they are cheap, and you'll make back your isk from the POCO tax in, NEVER. Once you have hired Mercs, please remember to email me, so I can send you a personal thank you note for creating content for us.

Also, I LOVE TEARS!
Robotic Maiden
Red Node
#206 - 2013-11-20 21:53:08 UTC
as a PI manufacturer not into any POCO ownering PI corp id like to say that the ccp guy who though that i was going to spend my whole life moving my factories from system to system looking for good taxes when there are a dozen easier ways to make equal or more money is a ******* genius

Bear
mynnna
State War Academy
Caldari State
#207 - 2013-11-20 21:55:02 UTC
Robotic Maiden wrote:
as a PI manufacturer not into any POCO ownering PI corp id like to say that the ccp guy who though that i was going to spend my whole life moving my factories from system to system looking for good taxes when there are a dozen easier ways to make equal or more money is a ******* genius

Bear

Fortunately if you work in any of the systems owned by the RvBee Customs Authority, you don't have to move! Our tax rates are already highly competitive for your convenience.

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Cameron Zero
Sebiestor Tribe
#208 - 2013-11-20 21:57:26 UTC
Godwin's Law?

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. …"

PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#209 - 2013-11-20 22:00:34 UTC
So............does hisec actually turn people into nutcases, or does it merely attract them like a moth to a flame?
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#210 - 2013-11-20 22:11:34 UTC
Telemachus Rheade wrote:
Tau Cabalander wrote:
Mangala Solaris wrote:

There is a new skill that lowers the NPC tax rate from 10% to 5%. RvB has the tax rate set to 5% for Neutrals. So if you have 0 in that new skill (it is under Trade I think) your combined tax will be 15%. Anyone dedicated to PI should train it to 5, so you can have a 10% (5% NPC + 5% RvB) tax rate.

If you want to take some POCOs away from RvB, hire Noir. or any other Merc Corp. I hear they are cheap, and you'll make back your isk from the POCO tax in, NEVER. Once you have hired Mercs, please remember to email me, so I can send you a personal thank you note for creating content for us.

Also, I LOVE TEARS!

We'll help with removing the new poco as well, then you can hire the mercs again to remove the new new poco.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Careby
#211 - 2013-11-20 22:17:45 UTC
PotatoOverdose wrote:
So............does GD actually turn people into nutcases, or does it merely attract them like a moth to a flame?

FTFY
Stahlregen
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#212 - 2013-11-20 22:21:16 UTC
Feel good thread of the month.

Between the thinly veiled threats of real world violence and cousin murdering to the proposed benefits of eugenics and ironic dictionary definition insults, It really don't get much better than this bros!

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT'S CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, RIDDICK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN' WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME NECRO BASTARDS. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXY'S MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN.

Stahlregen
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#213 - 2013-11-20 22:28:00 UTC
Dolla Dolla Bill, Y'all

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT'S CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, RIDDICK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN' WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME NECRO BASTARDS. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXY'S MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN.

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#214 - 2013-11-20 22:28:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Hasikan Miallok
Robotic Maiden wrote:

Bear

Just move once ... into low ... and use a single plex no-implant alt to haul the P4 stuff into high (in small loads) where you contract it to your main and Red Frog it to Jita in half Bill ISK shipments.
Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#215 - 2013-11-20 22:29:18 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
Cameron Zero wrote:

Hmmm... I hadn't been made aware that I was basically a member of GSF, now. Does this mean I can also make the "join us for 500m application fee" offers? When do I get my membership card? Can I dock at VFK? This is all new and terribly exciting for me.

you might get banned for impersonation :ohdear:

2 month old :ccp: jokes ITT +rep this man

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#216 - 2013-11-20 22:31:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaarous Aldurald
Mittens has to be facepalming on this one.

He lowers the overall tax rate, and still they ***** about having to pay it to him, instead of burning it giving it to Interbus or whatever.

I mean, you all do know the Goons could be rampantly screwing you(and you couldn't really do a damn thing about it either way), right?

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Il Feytid
State War Academy
Caldari State
#217 - 2013-11-20 22:34:39 UTC
PotatoOverdose wrote:
So............does hisec actually turn people into nutcases, or does it merely attract them like a moth to a flame?

The vast majority of the player base is those who live in high sec. Yet there really is only a select few who are complaining. Everyone else is doing PI as before.

That said now they have options to do something about it if they don't like how things are going. Before they couldn't.
Krios Ahzek
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#218 - 2013-11-20 22:34:41 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

He lowers the overall tax rate, and still they ***** about having to pay it to him, instead of burning it giving it to Interbus or whatever.

I mean, you all do know the Goons could be rampantly screwing you(and you couldn't really do a damn thing about it either way), right?

I can't wait to see the rage the first time Weaselior actually pushes the red button

Though All Men Do Despise Us

Krios Ahzek
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#219 - 2013-11-20 22:36:58 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
PotatoOverdose wrote:

The vast majority of the player base is those who live in high sec. Yet there really is only a select few who are complaining. Everyone else is doing PI as before.

That said now they have options to do something about it if they don't like how things are going. Before they couldn't.

The vast majority of the characters who live in high sec are alts of those who don't.

Though All Men Do Despise Us

Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#220 - 2013-11-20 22:43:30 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

Well we are rampantly screwing them but despite literally saying how and why many times, in this very thread, they still aren't catching on.

Highsec needs to be seen a flowchart or something or they can't lead A to B to C

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,