These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Rubicon - Issues

First post First post
Author
iSupremacy
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#481 - 2013-11-23 11:03:44 UTC
My shadows look really pixelated on some parts on the ship when im using Directx 11.

Using AMD 7850 btw. And i updated my driver to the latest version.

When i switch back to directx 9 everything works fine. I'm not sure if the problem is on my end though.

Oraac Ensor
#482 - 2013-11-23 12:52:34 UTC
Teh Minez0r wrote:
Maximus Aerelius wrote:
Teh Minez0r wrote:
I'm a bit confused. If I switch the tab from Skills to Certificates inside the Character Sheet, the button still says "Open Training Queue" instead of "Open Certification Planer" while it also opens the Training Queue. Is this meant to work like that or is it a bug? Can't find the Certification Planer anymore now... lol

There are no certificates, they were dragged outside kicking and screaming and executed. We now have 'Masteries'. Enjoy and read a Dev Blog or two or at least some patch notes with a nice hot cup of tea and maybe a biscuit. Blink

Hope that helps.

Aaaaah, cheers! Big smile
For some unknown reason I missed that...

Did you also miss my comment?

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3911442#post3911442
Ydnari
Estrale Frontiers
#483 - 2013-11-23 13:09:54 UTC
Scan probe filters for Mobile Depots don't work; if you make a filter for Mobile Depots its shows all the POS structures too.

http://i.imgur.com/QRNK0aG.png

--

Misrin Epsilon
Silver Wing Hauling
#484 - 2013-11-23 15:49:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Misrin Epsilon
Getting consistently reduced frame rate. I tried it in different systems (from Jita to Malma), in stations, out of stations, it's the same no matter what I'm doing in EVE or where I am. The day before the Rubicon patch, I didn't have this problem, nor did I ever have this problem before Rubicon. Game ran just fine on a Windows 7, i5 Nvidia Geforce GT540M with 8GB of RAM. Did you guys upgrade the graphics without telling us?
Solomon Madeve
Koshchei Interstellar Spacelines
#485 - 2013-11-23 18:57:35 UTC
Captain's Quarters are a little wonky. The character leaps about the room or his upper body and legs appear to fly about at impossible angles. Moving the camera angle sometimes calms it down for a mintue.

Dell Alienware
CPU_Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GT 545
Penny Ibramovic
Wormhole Engineers
#486 - 2013-11-23 20:32:00 UTC
A few expansions ago, option-clicking (on a Mac, dunno about PC) used to zoom in to the ship. This was irritating when trying to hold option to show my ship's bracket and move my view around, as I ended up unintentionally zooming in often and having to reset my view.

At some point, either that option was disabled or I found a way to disable it. Now, with Rubicon, it is back. Option-click zooms in to the ship. I cannot find a shortcut option that lets me disable this, but I would really like to.
Hulasikali Walla
Brave Nubs
#487 - 2013-11-23 20:38:44 UTC
When jumping through gates.
On arrival the camera is focusing inside the ship* Shocked

*hope it make sense, English is not my first Tongue Smile
Rainus Max
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Pandemic Horde
#488 - 2013-11-23 22:08:57 UTC
Probably not much of an issue but in the shortcut commands the new ISIS entry is listed as 'cmdToggleShipTree'
Justin Parmala
Doomheim
#489 - 2013-11-24 00:31:21 UTC
Alt tabbing is awkward and takes a very long time now. Before it was very snappy and quick.
Syri Taneka
NOVA-CAINE
#490 - 2013-11-24 04:48:11 UTC
I'm noticing an issue where the camera is resetting to full zoom intermittently after jumping/undocking (it does not happen EVERY time, but VERY very often). Extremely annoying. I zoom out until engine trails are just visible, and this having to reset constantly is a pain.
Dirk Gentry
Van Diemen's Demise
Northern Coalition.
#491 - 2013-11-24 05:07:10 UTC
This may have been brought up before, but there is no ship preview on my character selection screen.
mike wyeaver
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#492 - 2013-11-24 05:26:56 UTC
i tired the work around suggested for the fix to eve being in offline mode.
but the only directory i have is
EVE_Online_Launcher-2.1.655130.win32
further more there is no update.exe or launcherexe. old or new in my eve folders. i'm running eve through stream.
also i don't want to constantly delete and re install eve as that will use up all my months internet data limit.
eve was working before yesterdays update.
Syri Taneka
NOVA-CAINE
#493 - 2013-11-24 05:39:27 UTC
This may have been brought up before, but I can't seem to jettison Mobile Tractor Units.

Kind of annoying when I want to transfer ownership of the thing in space (drop it with my main at mission start, switch it to my alt later for salvage ops so the main doesn't have to stick around the entire time). Only way I could theoretically do this is through use of a Fleet Hangar...
Maximilian Jenious
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#494 - 2013-11-24 14:58:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Maximilian Jenious
Hulasikali Walla wrote:
When jumping through gates.
On arrival the camera is focusing inside the ship* Shocked

*hope it make sense, English is not my first Tongue Smile

I uncounter similar issue, but for me after a gate jump, i see my ship very far away and can't zoom in.

and reset camera doesn't work.

thank
Ryu Raynor
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#495 - 2013-11-24 15:54:40 UTC
hello i'm new to eve still and im having a problem with signing in to the game it keeps asking me to download a patch and when i try it goes strait to downloading the game client itself and i have already redownloaded the client 3 times now im losing game time messing with this is there anyone that can help and point me in the right direction please and thank you
Tinman Oshika
Vaerdonux Productions
#496 - 2013-11-24 20:15:33 UTC
Lady Naween wrote:
cannot connect to server error each time i try and log in. claims eve is offline, but seems everyone on mumble is playing so eve is obviously not offline.

le sigh

I have been getting similar just since the last launcher upgrade. In particlular it says these things:

"OFFLINE MODE
You are seeing this because no connection could be made to the content server or something went wrong while loading the online content.

Restart Launcher

Tranquility server: Status unknown"

I have restarted launcher and then reinstalled the entire game from scratch. The launcher re-re-updated itself and still the same problem. Any thoughts or help would be nice. Never had any connection problems
Lady Naween
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#497 - 2013-11-24 20:24:07 UTC
Tinman Oshika wrote:
Lady Naween wrote:
cannot connect to server error each time i try and log in. claims eve is offline, but seems everyone on mumble is playing so eve is obviously not offline.

le sigh

I have been getting similar just since the last launcher upgrade. In particlular it says these things:

"OFFLINE MODE
You are seeing this because no connection could be made to the content server or something went wrong while loading the online content.

Restart Launcher

Tranquility server: Status unknown"

I have restarted launcher and then reinstalled the entire game from scratch. The launcher re-re-updated itself and still the same problem. Any thoughts or help would be nice. Never had any connection problems

what worked for me was the repair tool. i had to run it a few times
Maximus Aerelius
PROPHET OF ENIGMA
#498 - 2013-11-24 21:53:42 UTC
Syri Taneka wrote:
This may have been brought up before, but I can't seem to jettison Mobile Tractor Units.

Kind of annoying when I want to transfer ownership of the thing in space (drop it with my main at mission start, switch it to my alt later for salvage ops so the main doesn't have to stick around the entire time). Only way I could theoretically do this is through use of a Fleet Hangar...

In addition to the above if you do jettison the MTU it shows a can in space that immediately pops and then if you try to jettison you have the "Moving a Loot Container into place..." timer that won't let you jettison for 2mins 40secs or whatever the timer is.

Seems it does jettison but then stays in your hold and counts you down to the next can can be jettisoned.
Maximus Aerelius
PROPHET OF ENIGMA
#499 - 2013-11-24 21:57:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Maximus Aerelius
Mobile Tractor Units feed off of each other once the second is launched and do not tractor anything else once each has a can. They feed each other if they are within 125kms of each other which was flagged during testing. This means that unless you are:

1) Using a Marauder\Battleship with MJD and jump 130km (100km with MJD and 20km slow boat) you can't use two
2) Travel >125km to launch a 2nd MTU

MTU's are useless in all other cases. IMHO they should lock the furthest Wreck\Can and tractor it in and not the closest but that's just my opinion.

using more than 1 MTU in each room right now is pointless. I do like the 5 second cycle time though Smile
Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#500 - 2013-11-24 23:01:10 UTC
MWD and Afterburner sounds are ****** up.

The Tears Must Flow