These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Rubicon - Issues

First post First post
Author
Ming Tso
Perkone
Caldari State
#461 - 2013-11-22 16:44:46 UTC
Today's patch fixed the Icon rendering problem! Thank you very much CCP! :D
Hulasikali Walla
Brave Nubs
#462 - 2013-11-22 16:53:08 UTC
Some texture(s) is(are) missing on the " XL SMA"

http://timbuck-3.net/EvE/stuff/bugtexture.png

Maximus Aerelius
PROPHET OF ENIGMA
#463 - 2013-11-22 17:30:27 UTC
Teh Minez0r wrote:
I'm a bit confused. If I switch the tab from Skills to Certificates inside the Character Sheet, the button still says "Open Training Queue" instead of "Open Certification Planer" while it also opens the Training Queue. Is this meant to work like that or is it a bug? Can't find the Certification Planer anymore now... lol

There are no certificates, they were dragged outside kicking and screaming and executed. We now have 'Masteries'. Enjoy and read a Dev Blog or two or at least some patch notes with a nice hot cup of tea and maybe a biscuit. Blink

Hope that helps.
hal 5000
Acme Technologies Incorporated
#464 - 2013-11-22 18:02:07 UTC
Even after this last update I still cannot launch the game. Also can't go into my options in the launcher, the button does nothing.

The launcher displays "launching" for a bit but no launch attempt is made (at least visually) then it reverts back to "play".

No error message.

Win 7 64.
Been playing for many years with no problems, in fact I would brag to my non Eve playing pals about how stable and problem free Eve always was. . . and that it was.

Hope to see you in space soon!
Oraac Ensor
#465 - 2013-11-22 18:12:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Oraac Ensor
Maximus Aerelius wrote:
Teh Minez0r wrote:
I'm a bit confused. If I switch the tab from Skills to Certificates inside the Character Sheet, the button still says "Open Training Queue" instead of "Open Certification Planer" while it also opens the Training Queue. Is this meant to work like that or is it a bug? Can't find the Certification Planer anymore now... lol

There are no certificates, they were dragged outside kicking and screaming and executed. We now have 'Masteries'. Enjoy and read a Dev Blog or two or at least some patch notes with a nice hot cup of tea and maybe a biscuit. Blink

Hope that helps.

When you click the Certificates tab you get an alphabetical list of categories (Armor, Corporate Management, Drones, etc). Clicking any of them produces a list of available certificates showing what level you have achieved in each.

[Edit] And also the required skill levels (via the Info button).

[Edit 2] Masteries are a bit different and refer to your competence to fly particular ships.

Hope that's a bit more help.
Bub Shepard
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#466 - 2013-11-22 18:17:57 UTC
Bub Shepard wrote:
I run EVE on a Mac with OS X 10.7.5 and every time I enter the game I get a black background and the game freezes. I understand this probably has to do with the fact that my system doesn't support Direct X 11 but it isn't automatically switching to Direct X 9 as I thought it was supposed to and there is no option of manually switching to Direct X 9 in the launcher.

I had the same issue on Singularity leading up to the patch.

Any advice on how to fix this?

For anyone who's having this issue if you go into the graphics settings when you're in the character selection screen and set your shader quality to low it will fix the problem.
The game looks considerably worse though so I hope they fix it eventually.
Shimizu Tokugawa
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#467 - 2013-11-22 18:18:33 UTC
Shiva Darksun wrote:
Oraac Ensor wrote:
I'm getting random maximum close-up camera zoom after jumping or undocking.

Yeah, me too. However, this didn't work properly before either, so... I guess it's not a new bug, just an old one? :)

A super old one actually. And with every new patch it becomes even worse. Now camera also resets while pressing ALT and clicking left mouse button simultaneously. Very annoying.

Please fix it at last.
MBizon Osis
Doomheim
#468 - 2013-11-22 19:16:34 UTC
JTK Fotheringham wrote:
MBizon Osis wrote:
the latest patch is an improvment I can see the moble tractor icon now. Still not the small drone or ship ones yet but in the info panel the larger picture of t1 drones yes i can now. The T2 still no.

Try manually clearing your cache from in-game, not the launcher. Some folks in the black icons thread in "workarounds &c" found this effective.

Thanks I sware I did this before but now I have all my icons back thanks
KIller Wabbit
MEME Thoughts
#469 - 2013-11-22 20:57:01 UTC
Yet more reply attempts ate by the forums. CCP - competence? X

Zoom level still changing after jumping through gates.. Please fix this!! Shocked

Himitsu vanya
Arhicorp
#470 - 2013-11-22 22:01:42 UTC
Can I somehow disable all sound exept voice, include new MWD\Stargate sound and maybe scanner sound from Odyssey? The only sound I need is Autopilot! Becouse is I set to 0 all exept main sound and voice - I can still hear other sounds. If I set main to 0 too, I can't here anything.
Rammix
TheMurk
#471 - 2013-11-23 02:24:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Rammix
1. Sometimes mobile depots get damage deep into armour before they get reinforced. Seems they can be instakilled with high alpha damage. Not sure whether it's a bug or feature.

2. Mobile depots should have the same naming mechanics as secure containers have. Otherwise it's impossible to know which one is damaged until you launch them (and every launch activates them automatically).

OpenSUSE Leap 42.1, wine >1.9

Covert cyno in highsec: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=296129&find=unread

Kyria Shirako
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#472 - 2013-11-23 03:24:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Kyria Shirako
An ally of mine and new player has been having issues with in-game voice comms; Attempting to use them seems to cause him to crash the game, sometimes with a "The socket was closed," sometimes with no error message.

We have not attempted to use voice prior to Rubicon, but a cursory forum search has not revealed any previous experience of a voice comms crash.

Is this a previously reported issue anywhere or something alien and bizarre?

EDIT: It appears to crash him when he speaks, not when he listens.
J Random
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#473 - 2013-11-23 03:38:17 UTC
OK just to pile on as still never seen an answer from the Dev's on the sound issue but that MWD spin-up / spin-down sound is driving me crazy. Not sure if the sound itself is new (I never heard it before) or just so low that I never noticed it but now it's pretty much the only thing I here.

I'm not saying this is a bug or not, maybe it's a feature but in that case can you add a "quieter propulsion sounds" checkbox just like you do for turret sounds.

Second there is a DISTINCT lag on the buttons (though not sure on the effects) between when I click and when the "activation graphic" is doing something, i.e. if I click any activation module it's nearly a full second before the activation graphic starts .. was near instantaneous before.

Was the cloak to reloak cool down changed? Seems to be way more than twenty seconds though TBH I have timed it .. maybe it' sjust a feeling though and I'm wrong. Seems longer than Rubicon though.

PS: What is the mwd sound anyways? world? MIne was at 30% (with master 40%) and was driving me nuts, dropped it down to like 10% and still annoying.
iLLeLogicaL
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#474 - 2013-11-23 06:12:13 UTC  |  Edited by: iLLeLogicaL
Please delete.
Rammix
TheMurk
#475 - 2013-11-23 06:44:26 UTC
J Random wrote:

Second there is a DISTINCT lag on the buttons (though not sure on the effects) between when I click and when the "activation graphic" is doing something, i.e. if I click any activation module it's nearly a full second before the activation graphic starts .. was near instantaneous before.

The lag is there for a very long time, maybe since the Beginning.
But User Interface is more slow since Odyssey, it's more laggy, buttons respond with more sensible delays etc.

I'll add a bit to your post. Sometimes when you start warp and click to activate cloak it takes 1-1.5 seconds to show the animation. Very confusing when you're trying to warp off from a hostile camp - for that second (or in a lag it can be more than 1 second) you don't know whether you're cloaked or not. And sometimes, knowing that even 1 second can cost your ship, you may think that your click didn't reach the server and click again - and uncloak yourself. A damn nasty thing.

OpenSUSE Leap 42.1, wine >1.9

Covert cyno in highsec: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=296129&find=unread

Aracno't
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#476 - 2013-11-23 07:44:28 UTC
for some reason ault tab isn't working like it used to. sometimes it dosn't even open the second account but when it does it takes about 4 times as long as it used to
J Random
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#477 - 2013-11-23 08:08:09 UTC
Rammix wrote:
J Random wrote:

The lag is there for a very long time, maybe since the Beginning.
But User Interface is more slow since Odyssey, it's more laggy, buttons respond with more sensible delays etc.

Yep I will def agree but also say it's more slow all around with this release or at least on my sytem. Everything from cloak (which I agree is the main problem I have with it) to dscan to the hack mini-game (which dries me nuts as end up clicking things I don't want to click)
Alundil
Rolled Out
#478 - 2013-11-23 08:18:32 UTC
After the patch, there is still no wormhole activation sound from an observer's point of view.

I'm right behind you

Bloody Slave
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#479 - 2013-11-23 08:44:39 UTC
CCP Antiquarian wrote:
endi32 adrian wrote:
when i zoom out camera from ship in space it looks very bad , no texture only flat surfaces are shown .
anyone else has these problems ?

You should be able to adjust this using the Texture Quality and LOD Quality settings in the Graphic Content Settings panel of the ESC-menu's Display & Graphics tab.

Please use an appropriate setting for your hardware.

Was with exactly the same problem, setting LOD quality to HIGH solved it, thanks.

If your balls are hurt and bleeding don't sit in a pool full of piranhas (note to myself: don't complain in GD)

Teh Minez0r
Virtual Intergalactic Army
#480 - 2013-11-23 09:26:40 UTC
Maximus Aerelius wrote:
Teh Minez0r wrote:

Hope that helps.

Aaaaah, cheers! Big smile
For some unknown reason I missed that...