These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

My EVE

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Video Project] One Man Crew - Collective Solo PvP

First post First post First post
Author
Duckslayer
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#541 - 2014-08-29 07:14:42 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
you sound like a mashup of my middle school math teachers and my mother

So the teacher can never die, and your mum is a time traveling purveyor of ladies of the night? Sounds more plausible than OMC being released amirite?
Rain6637
Simulacra and Simulation
Goonswarm Federation
#542 - 2014-08-29 08:56:17 UTC
seany1212
Drunkendis Order
#543 - 2014-08-30 13:07:16 UTC
Mizhir wrote:
Immortal Chrono Pimpin wrote:
plz dont ever take on a job you cant finish in a acceptable timeframe again.


I apologize for making free content for you guys. Next time I will just spin my ship and **** up forums like everyone else.


Except your never created this 'content' (which is still yet to materialize in any form by the way), 121 people who donated hours of video created this content. Your job is to put together the donations that the judges deemed the winners (15 submissions) and make it a classy complete video rather than it just being a chain of submissions with no editing and would probably look like a car crash jumping between each one.

I was in support of you when it came to you releasing the winners because i thought you were ready to wrap up the project but it's been nearly 3 weeks since they were decided and 3 or 4 months since the submissions ended and from the sounds of it are not ready despite you claiming you only having 3 or 4 videos left to finish up.

While i have no doubt you dont give a **** that you've let me down (who am i, amirite?) it also seems like you've disappointed the judges, those who submitted and the rest of the community. At this point you've said it's not going to be finished how you'd like it anyway so why not just release what you've got, at least then the community could at least have the submissions to go with that winners list...

It's turning into the case of Duke Nukem Forver... Roll
Mizhir
TOP DAMAGE Ltd.
WE FORM V0LTA
#544 - 2014-08-30 13:09:28 UTC
I have dissapointed the vocal minority.

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Buhhdust Princess
Mind Games.
Suddenly Spaceships.
#545 - 2014-08-30 14:08:38 UTC
I wouldn't say mizhir has disappointed the judges..

Sadly it's taken a lot longer than expected, and its very hard work to get it all sorted. You realise we aren't just creating "another pvp vid" we're trying to create a video here that stands out among the crowd, that can show newer people how the game is, show people real pvp and put it in the best editing we can possibly provide.

Yes, it's taken longer than expected, deal with it, we will have a video up for you, and miz is working tirelessly to do that, anyone who thinks otherwise, feel free to take on a challenge as big as this, and do as good a job as miz is doing.

For everyone who thinks they can just **** up this thread, kindly do one and stfu. This isnt a thread for raging, this is a thread to show quality pvp when the video is up, and we still hope that you all enjoy it.
-Buhhd
IIFraII
The Red Circle Inc.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#546 - 2014-08-30 15:54:37 UTC
Freaking quit it people!
He volunteered to edit a video representing a minority playstyle in a videogame, among many he probably plays, which are one thing in his life. The other things got in the way, he got a bit burned out maybe, maybe he underestimated the scope of the whole thing.
So what?
He doesnt owe you anything and him saying he's almost done and that it'll be released shortly does not entail he now owes you either. He's just trying to reassure you he's doing the best he can to deliver and he's not sitting on his ass.

It's funny how i though the best thing solo'ing in this game thought me is to understand other people, i was probably wrong, or maybe most of the complainers aren't soloers.

/back to being able to cope with waiting for a pvp video
Orvmus
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#547 - 2014-08-31 12:39:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Orvmus
Trudat
Gorski Car
#548 - 2014-09-01 08:34:38 UTC
DR Dre - Detox

Collect this post

Owen Levanth
Sagittarius Unlimited Exploration
#549 - 2014-09-01 17:34:20 UTC
seany1212 wrote:
Mizhir wrote:
Immortal Chrono Pimpin wrote:
plz dont ever take on a job you cant finish in a acceptable timeframe again.


I apologize for making free content for you guys. Next time I will just spin my ship and **** up forums like everyone else.


Except your never created this 'content' (which is still yet to materialize in any form by the way), 121 people who donated hours of video created this content. Your job is to put together the donations that the judges deemed the winners (15 submissions) and make it a classy complete video rather than it just being a chain of submissions with no editing and would probably look like a car crash jumping between each one.

I was in support of you when it came to you releasing the winners because i thought you were ready to wrap up the project but it's been nearly 3 weeks since they were decided and 3 or 4 months since the submissions ended and from the sounds of it are not ready despite you claiming you only having 3 or 4 videos left to finish up.

While i have no doubt you dont give a **** that you've let me down (who am i, amirite?) it also seems like you've disappointed the judges, those who submitted and the rest of the community. At this point you've said it's not going to be finished how you'd like it anyway so why not just release what you've got, at least then the community could at least have the submissions to go with that winners list...

It's turning into the case of Duke Nukem Forver... Roll


At the point you started ranting about this being his "job" now, I rolled my eyes so hard I got eye bleeding. Stop being so obnoxious, if you want this to be his job, pay him and let him sign a contract. Right now this is just something he makes for fun in his free time.

On other forums I was always joking about EVE: The Sociopathy Simulator, but I'm honestly regreting this now, since I apparently was really close to the truth if people like you are around.
Immortal Chrono Pimpin
Codename-47
Avocado Cartel
#550 - 2014-09-04 03:01:36 UTC
Ohh look yet another week has gone by,

Tisk Tisk
Leto Aramaus
Black Fox Marauders
Pen Is Out
#551 - 2014-09-08 20:52:35 UTC
IIFraII wrote:
Freaking quit it people!
He volunteered to edit a video representing a minority playstyle in a videogame, among many he probably plays, which are one thing in his life. The other things got in the way, he got a bit burned out maybe, maybe he underestimated the scope of the whole thing.
So what?
He doesnt owe you anything and him saying he's almost done and that it'll be released shortly does not entail he now owes you either. He's just trying to reassure you he's doing the best he can to deliver and he's not sitting on his ass.

It's funny how i though the best thing solo'ing in this game thought me is to understand other people, i was probably wrong, or maybe most of the complainers aren't soloers.

/back to being able to cope with waiting for a pvp video



Seriously. He owes you NOTHING. Unless he took your credit card and you prepaid for some video... did ya?

Everyone on the internet are SUCH assholes.
Mizhir
TOP DAMAGE Ltd.
WE FORM V0LTA
#552 - 2014-09-08 20:53:54 UTC
Leto Aramaus wrote:
IIFraII wrote:
Freaking quit it people!
He volunteered to edit a video representing a minority playstyle in a videogame, among many he probably plays, which are one thing in his life. The other things got in the way, he got a bit burned out maybe, maybe he underestimated the scope of the whole thing.
So what?
He doesnt owe you anything and him saying he's almost done and that it'll be released shortly does not entail he now owes you either. He's just trying to reassure you he's doing the best he can to deliver and he's not sitting on his ass.

It's funny how i though the best thing solo'ing in this game thought me is to understand other people, i was probably wrong, or maybe most of the complainers aren't soloers.

/back to being able to cope with waiting for a pvp video



Seriously. He owes you NOTHING. Unless he took your credit card and you prepaid for some video... did ya?

Everyone on the internet are SUCH assholes.


I think your quoted the wrong person. :)

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Leto Aramaus
Black Fox Marauders
Pen Is Out
#553 - 2014-09-08 20:59:21 UTC
No I quoted the right person, as in I was agreeing with that guy I quoted.

Mizhir
TOP DAMAGE Ltd.
WE FORM V0LTA
#554 - 2014-09-08 21:01:33 UTC
Ahh lol

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Mizhir
TOP DAMAGE Ltd.
WE FORM V0LTA
#555 - 2014-09-10 20:12:21 UTC
Just a quick update. I finished one of the fights that caused alot of troubles, which leaves us with 2 fights that still need most work and 1 fight that is nearly done. In addition there is the intro which is still causing trouble.

We are getting close, but I will be gone for the weekend so can't work on it there.

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Big rEy
Militaris Industries
Northern Coalition.
#556 - 2014-09-13 16:33:44 UTC
Arch Stanton's Neighbour
Forceful Resource Acquisition Inc
#557 - 2014-09-15 16:16:10 UTC
I don't want to bash on this project in any way, in fact props for doing it, but I can't help but wonder what makes a pvp video take so long to edit. AFIK it's cut-paste the best segments together, add some text overlay, speed up or slow down, and done, what else is there to it?
Dun'Gal
Myriad Contractors Inc.
#558 - 2014-09-16 00:48:26 UTC
Arch Stanton's Neighbour wrote:
I don't want to bash on this project in any way, in fact props for doing it, but I can't help but wonder what makes a pvp video take so long to edit. AFIK it's cut-paste the best segments together, add some text overlay, speed up or slow down, and done, what else is there to it?

As with everything, there's the easy way and the right way. You sir, have suggested the easy way, which of course makes an inferior end product.
Owen Levanth
Sagittarius Unlimited Exploration
#559 - 2014-09-17 12:40:08 UTC
Dun'Gal wrote:
Arch Stanton's Neighbour wrote:
I don't want to bash on this project in any way, in fact props for doing it, but I can't help but wonder what makes a pvp video take so long to edit. AFIK it's cut-paste the best segments together, add some text overlay, speed up or slow down, and done, what else is there to it?

As with everything, there's the easy way and the right way. You sir, have suggested the easy way, which of course makes an inferior end product.


Now that you mention the easy way, I've finally sat down and made my own collection of failures into a video.

A lot of exploding cruisers. (And a assault frigate!)
Arch Stanton's Neighbour
Forceful Resource Acquisition Inc
#560 - 2014-09-22 15:42:43 UTC
Dun'Gal wrote:
Arch Stanton's Neighbour wrote:
I don't want to bash on this project in any way, in fact props for doing it, but I can't help but wonder what makes a pvp video take so long to edit. AFIK it's cut-paste the best segments together, add some text overlay, speed up or slow down, and done, what else is there to it?

As with everything, there's the easy way and the right way. You sir, have suggested the easy way, which of course makes an inferior end product.

I'm surely expecting something to leave Star Wars to shame now.