These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Suicide ganking - too much - solution

First post
Author
Ludi Burek
Exit-Strategy
Unchained Alliance
#61 - 2013-11-17 13:06:19 UTC
Ganking should not happen to me, coz it's me bro!
Skeln Thargensen
Doomheim
#62 - 2013-11-17 13:39:04 UTC
Rhatar Khurin wrote:
Where are the numbers that shows that suiciding is at an all-time low?

I don't know about all of new eden, but around my parts (Molden Heath) it still seems fairly rife.

it doesn't matter what the numbers say, it's the quality not the quantity of the ganks.

we're not talking about ISK driven ganking with the skill of an accountant. it's basically void spamming anything that looks like it'll die.

forums.  serious business.

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#63 - 2013-11-17 13:48:07 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
The fact that suicide gankers are these days ganking even standard fleet ships, i.e. scrapping bottom of the barrel, means this particular mode of pvp is getting out of hand.

No, at least one person ganked an autopiloted Tengu. That doesn't show anything is 'getting out of hand'.
Xavier Higdon
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#64 - 2013-11-17 14:08:36 UTC
Who gets ganked anymore? I've piloted mining barges through 0.0, undocked in an expanded cargohold Noctis in Amarr with 400 million inside my paper-thin hull, gone 25 jumps in a badger with everything I own. How the heck did you get ganked in a... Oh, you were autopiloting. Just to be clear, then, you weren't ganked at all, since you weren't there.
Clementina
University of Caille
#65 - 2013-11-17 14:10:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Clementina
You do realize Original Poster that your Tengu had less EHP than a Charon and Charons die every day, right?

Also it appears that the gankers did in fact make money since they apparently were using Neutron Blaster I's.

More than money though, those gankers for the past few weeks have been haunting your head and controlling your game. Consider, lots of the people who have responded here are from Goonfleet. Their boss, The Mittani, has to spend hundreds of billions to even make an attempt at controlling someone else's game with no guarantee of tears or butthurt. Dead Terrorists on the other hand sent you crying to the forums with a just dozen catalysts. I'm forced to acknowledge Dead Terrorists as your lord and master.
Rhivre
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#66 - 2013-11-17 14:12:29 UTC
It wasn't a random high sec gate...it was Uttindar, which is right next door to hek, and is 0.5, and is populated by all sorts of GRRRR SCARY PEOPLE! (or something).
It is on the pipeline between two trade hubs.

Being surprised at getting ganked on the 0.5 section of Jita - Rens is like expressing shock at dead freighters in Uedama
Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#67 - 2013-11-17 14:14:04 UTC
This thread has everything one could ask for:

1) wormhole carebear
2) "didn't want that ship any way"
3) AFK in space
4) ludicrous gank nerf proposal
5) failure to target the primary at Features and Ideas
6) tears...oh...tears
7) hero gankers who bring content not only to space, but the forums.

10/10 would def read again.

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

Crumplecorn
Eve Cluster Explorations
#68 - 2013-11-17 14:38:15 UTC
I'd happily make a net loss of 100M ISK in a suicide gank if it got a reaction like this.

Witty Image - Stream

Not Liking this post hurts my RL feelings and will be considered harassment

Seven Koskanaiken
Shadow Legions.
#69 - 2013-11-17 14:41:39 UTC
Stop using the travelling bot.
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#70 - 2013-11-17 15:17:27 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
I got ganked while auto-piloting my fleet ecmgu on some random high-sec gate. It was standard t2 fit - armor plate, umbra ecm, navy adaptive nano. Nothing fancy, standard cheapo fit.

Anyways, I see a lot of concord on empire gates every time i come out of w-space, a lot more then a few years ago even.

The fact that suicide gankers are these days ganking even standard fleet ships, i.e. scrapping bottom of the barrel, means this particular mode of pvp is getting out of hand.

I have checked killboard of that no-doubt multiboxing dude. Thousands of empire ganks, not a single loss, and at regular intervals, fresh set of 10-12 catalyst pilots.

Its not cool. Ganking haulers for chance to make a pile of isk - great, all for it. Ganking standard fleet ships - wtf? Whats next, they going to suicide-gank FW frigates en route to lowsec?

Right now theres no consequences to suicide ganking. Let me correct this, there no MEANINGFUL consequences. Security status? Please, so easy to work around it. Cost of ships? 2mil per destroyer is not a cost. Brutix hull? Pff.

Solution.

Make it cost something to gank. I propose rework of bounty and kill right mechanic:

Want to suicide gank? Pay to shoot. Pay to concord to activate a temporary kill right on your victim, with price determined by value of the victim. And heres the kicker - victim determines his value by paying to concord his own bounty.

So lets say I want to avoid getting ganked, I think Im not worth more then a bil, so I pay to concord my value, 1bn. That expires, like insurance, by the way. Call it suicide insurance, can tie it to clone value.

Anyhow, ganker wants to gank me, he has to now pay to concord a proportion of that value tied to value of my ship or something, and then he can get a kill right on me. Otherwise, cant shoot me in high sec.

This forces gankers to PAY. Ends rampant non-targeted ganking, AND solves isk inflation.

Link killmail.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Alduin666 Shikkoken
Doomheim
#71 - 2013-11-17 15:29:06 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
Its not cool. Ganking haulers for chance to make a pile of isk - great, all for it. Ganking standard fleet ships - wtf? Whats next, they going to suicide-gank FW frigates en route to lowsec?

Translation: Its ok for gankers to gank other indy ships, but when I fly a ship that seems profitable to a ganker its not.

LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
Solution.

Gankers can pay concord to not get shot at.

No, this has been suggested before and declined every time. People being able to pay concord a fee to shoot anyone in high sec would be so broken.

Honor is a fools prize. [I]Glory is of no use to the dead.[/I]

Be a man! Post with your main! ~Vas'Avi Community Manager

Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#72 - 2013-11-17 15:42:29 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:

Looks like they used 10 catalysts? So say 20mil?

You dropped ~75mil. Looks like they profited to me. Where is the problem?
ArmyOfMe
Teddybears.
#73 - 2013-11-17 15:55:25 UTC
The only problem i have wich suicide ganks are the fact that there are to many ppl using low sp alts rather then their mains for it

GM Guard > I must ask you not to use the petition option like this again but i personally would finish the chicken sandwich first so it won´t go to waste. The spaghetti will keep and you can use it the next time you get hungry. Best regards.

Varius Xeral
Doomheim
#74 - 2013-11-17 16:02:45 UTC
ArmyOfMe wrote:
The only problem i have wich suicide ganks are the fact that there are to many ppl using low sp alts rather then their mains for it

The same can be said of most of the game.

Official Representative of The Nullsec Zealot Cabal

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#75 - 2013-11-17 16:07:34 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
I got ganked while auto-piloting my fleet ecmgu on some random high-sec gate. It was standard t2 fit - armor plate, umbra ecm, navy adaptive nano. Nothing fancy, standard cheapo fit.

Anyways, I see a lot of concord on empire gates every time i come out of w-space, a lot more then a few years ago even.

I have checked killboard of that no-doubt multiboxing dude. Thousands of empire ganks, not a single loss, and at regular intervals, fresh set of 10-12 catalyst pilots.

Right now theres no consequences to suicide ganking. Let me correct this, there no MEANINGFUL consequences. Security status? Please, so easy to work around it. Cost of ships? 2mil per destroyer is not a cost. Brutix hull? Pff.

Solution.

Make it cost something to gank. I propose rework of bounty and kill right mechanic:

Want to suicide gank? Pay to shoot. Pay to concord to activate a temporary kill right on your victim, with price determined by value of the victim. And heres the kicker - victim determines his value by paying to concord his own bounty.

So lets say I want to avoid getting ganked, I think Im not worth more then a bil, so I pay to concord my value, 1bn. That expires, like insurance, by the way. Call it suicide insurance, can tie it to clone value.

Anyhow, ganker wants to gank me, he has to now pay to concord a proportion of that value tied to value of my ship or something, and then he can get a kill right on me. Otherwise, cant shoot me in high sec.

This forces gankers to PAY. Ends rampant non-targeted ganking, AND solves isk inflation.

EVE online is the game where YOU (the player) are supposed to "make the ganker pay", not CCP.

Further, what you (in your short sightedness) suggest would make suicide ganking less likely to happen. EVE NEEDs ships to die, it's a part of it's balance, ship death is vital to the economy. Everything we do in game revolves around that economy. In your zeal to have CCP "legislate away your own mistakes", you advocate a course of action that would hurt the game for everyone.

You should pretty much be ashamed of this thread you created.

Good Apollo BS4
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#76 - 2013-11-17 16:30:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Good Apollo BS4
ArmyOfMe wrote:

Either way, you're (anyone) dead. Or not. But ppl are gonna gank regardless of skill points. On a pilot by pilot basis, suicide ganks aren't that common. Unless you're continually doing same stupid thing... Like using auto pilot . In a tengu. Or ever .
To Be Me
Doomheim
#77 - 2013-11-17 16:32:10 UTC
The only problem here is that people think highsec is safe.

ts your own problem to think theres such a thing in EvE (safety)

So if you dont want that to happen man up, evolve, get better, and especially dont autopilot and then come to forums complain about game mechanics.

Its all your fault.

You are bad at EvE, admit it.

And/or this game is not for you.

thumbs up if you like :))))

M1k3y Koontz
Speaker for the Dead
Stay Feral
#78 - 2013-11-17 16:35:00 UTC  |  Edited by: M1k3y Koontz
baltec1 wrote:
Suicide ganking is infact at a record low.

Citation?

How much herp could a herp derp derp if a herp derp could herp derp.

M1k3y Koontz
Speaker for the Dead
Stay Feral
#79 - 2013-11-17 16:41:42 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Janna Sway wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Its only as easy as the victim makes it and this victim was afk flying in a low ehp ship with his tank turned off and enough expensive mods to make him worth ganking.

ecmgus are passive-tanked. trimarks in rigs, plate and adaptive nanos in low. roughly 70k ehp. give or take. Thats just so you know.

You cant passive tank armour.

"passive armor tank" means "armor buffer tank". "Passive" in that regard means that no capacitor is used to run the tanking modules.

Thats a buffer tank. A passive tank is one that regens without the use of local or external reppers and is only possible with sheilds.

Passive tank = buffer tank

Active tank = shield booster/armor repper

Passive regen is not a tank that should be used anywhere, ever, with the sole exception of carebearing.

How much herp could a herp derp derp if a herp derp could herp derp.

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#80 - 2013-11-17 16:43:26 UTC
Inquisitor Ageri wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:
OP is a carebear, a liar and full of himself.

This from Shitposter Alpha.
You're right next to him.
A gigantic, lying, hypocritical *******.