These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Suicide ganking - too much - solution

First post
Author
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#201 - 2013-12-11 00:56:33 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Jdestars wrote:
add permently -10 standing againt the high sec faction for terrorist propaganda and act ;)

and the rat will be in the good place => null sec and revamp the yoyo effect standing

Likewise, anyone who shoots an empire faction rat should be permanently -10 to that faction amirite?

Alt online would fix that "issue" easyly tho. Perma -10 is a bigger deal than being unable to talk to guristas agents for example.
Doc Severide
Doomheim
#202 - 2013-12-11 02:44:56 UTC
I'm gonna load up a shuttle with 75 PLEX and auto-pilot 50 jumps through Null. Im leaving Jita tomorrow at noon EVE time. Please leave me alone...

Everyone is always repeating the mantra "Don't Trust Anyone" ad nauseum... If I can't trust the guys I play with, why bother playing with them at all? Fly Solo...

Kira Enomoto
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#203 - 2013-12-11 08:30:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Kira Enomoto
I have been in this game for a week and I have only been reading the wiki and unwiki on this game for a week.

I pilot manually everywhere I go. If I know not to use autopilot, then why do you use it?

1. Do not fly what you can't afford to loose. (Including cargo)
2. Do not autopilot.
3. Do not go for a cup of coffe while mining with a full cargobay. (Thank Thor I had aligned to a stargate.)
4. Always insure your ship unless it is a rookie ship.
5. Trust noone.
Good Posting
Doomheim
#204 - 2013-12-11 09:03:49 UTC
Kira Enomoto wrote:

Wuuuuuuut??
Kira Enomoto
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#205 - 2013-12-11 09:13:05 UTC
Good Posting wrote:
Kira Enomoto wrote:

Wuuuuuuut??

The free ship given to all?....
Good Posting
Doomheim
#206 - 2013-12-11 09:26:56 UTC
Kira Enomoto wrote:
Good Posting wrote:
Kira Enomoto wrote:

Wuuuuuuut??

No, i mean that insurance is a waste of isk in 99% of the cases, at least for me.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#207 - 2013-12-11 09:31:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Insurance is important for a genuine newbie, it covers part of the cost of the stuff they lose figuring out the sometimes arcane methods of doing things. It's quite profitable, relatively speaking, if you insure the ships that you're expected to lose during the military tutorials.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Super spikinator
Hegemonous Conscripts
#208 - 2013-12-11 09:35:23 UTC
Good Posting wrote:
Kira Enomoto wrote:
Good Posting wrote:
Kira Enomoto wrote:

Wuuuuuuut??

No, i mean that insurance is a waste of isk in 99% of the cases, at least for me.

Unless your ship is never leaving the hanger I would hope you insure everything but a rookie ship! Also, this thread made me re-sub. What have I missed in the last six months or so?
Good Posting
Doomheim
#209 - 2013-12-11 09:44:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Good Posting
Super spikinator wrote:

Unless your ship is never leaving the hanger I would hope you insure everything but a rookie ship! Also, this thread made me re-sub. What have I missed in the last six months or so?

Ok, i'm insuring my proteus right now, you guys convinced me.

Edit. And my assault frigs.
Kira Enomoto
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#210 - 2013-12-11 09:54:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Kira Enomoto
Already recieved more than 2mil in insurance payouts. It is really not cheap to learn the game.

EDIT: Yes, i know 2 mil is nothing, but since my fortune is currently 2,5 mil. It is a bit for me.
Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#211 - 2013-12-11 09:58:27 UTC
The solution to ganking is to stop flying ships with fits and/or cargo that are worth ganking, it's not rocket science. If people want to stop being targets then stop acting like one so don't look at others for both blame and solution to your problems, look at yourselves.

- don't faction fetish **** fit
- don't haul ridiculous cargo values
- don't be afk
- actually TANK your ships (it's a radical concept, I know)
- stop being clueless on basic game mechanics.
- don't have a big mouth making you stand out
- if you're mining; stop being in the lazy/logical systems

In short; don't be an idiot. Ganking is mostly just Darwinism and we can never have too much of that in EVE.
Zol Interbottom
Blimp Requisition Services
#212 - 2013-12-11 11:08:59 UTC
Super spikinator wrote:
Good Posting wrote:
Kira Enomoto wrote:
Good Posting wrote:
Kira Enomoto wrote:

Wuuuuuuut??

Tears, nullbabby tears, highsec carebear tears, WH's just sorta chilling, lowsec ganking everything in sight, the usual

And player owned highsec Customs Offices, which is great because you can wait for someone to blow it up and toss your own up in the chaos or get some cheap rates

"If you're quitting for the 3rd time you clearly ain't quitting" - Chribba

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#213 - 2013-12-11 11:16:19 UTC
Zol Interbottom wrote:
Tears, nullbabby tears, highsec carebear tears, WH's just sorta chilling

Do you realize what thread you're in?

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Adamski nosthescore
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#214 - 2013-12-11 11:21:36 UTC
if anything there isnt enough ganking going on.

We need to lengthen the time that concord takes to respond
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#215 - 2013-12-11 11:22:41 UTC
Nah just reinstate insurance for victims of CONCORD.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Zol Interbottom
Blimp Requisition Services
#216 - 2013-12-11 11:36:52 UTC
Nah, lower the price of wardecs for smaller corps so i can go and blast things easier

"If you're quitting for the 3rd time you clearly ain't quitting" - Chribba

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#217 - 2013-12-11 11:37:07 UTC
Insurance is only good if you are planning to lose your ship. You get a 40% payout anyway, so when you pay for max insurance you are paying 30% for the chance to get back an extra 60% if you die, so overall you gain +30%.
If you don't die, the insurance is wasted, and you have to reinsure. So now overall if you die, you are breaking even. After that, every time you don't die and have to reinsure, you'll be losing a further 30% of the ship's value. So basically, if you don't plan on having a large risk of dying in 12 weeks, don't bother.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Joia Crenca
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#218 - 2013-12-11 12:43:15 UTC
Gregor Parud wrote:
The solution to ganking is to stop flying ships with fits and/or cargo that are worth ganking, it's not rocket science. If people want to stop being targets then stop acting like one so don't look at others for both blame and solution to your problems, look at yourselves.

- don't be afk

In short; don't be an idiot. Ganking is mostly just Darwinism and we can never have too much of that in EVE.

You can now do all these things and still be ganked in high-sec (don't know about null or WH). Destroyer-Ganking Online is a winning financial strategy that makes ganking anything over a meta-1 cruiser profitable. And if you're in it for the tears, profitable is a distant secondary consideration.
Meilandra Vanderganken
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#219 - 2013-12-11 13:54:34 UTC
Joia Crenca wrote:
Gregor Parud wrote:

- don't be afk

You can now do all these things and still be ganked in high-sec (don't know about null or WH). Destroyer-Ganking Online is a winning financial strategy that makes ganking anything over a meta-1 cruiser profitable. And if you're in it for the tears, profitable is a distant secondary consideration.

Just like it always was possible to be ganked and yes, that did happen. Much more expensive ships were used even cuz you still got insurance on your battleship if you suicided something.
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#220 - 2013-12-11 14:18:53 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Dr0000 Maulerant wrote:

baltec1 wrote:
Suicide ganking is infact at a record low.

Citation needed.

You can find it in one of the Dev blogs about ice, in the ice belt change thread in F&I and I think they also posted it in one of the countless whine threads about someone's untanked hauler getting killed too easily.

What he fails to mention is that its compared to when the Goons were paying for a continuous Hulkageddon and when all mining ships had the tank of a wet paper bag and could be killed by one or two Catalysts even if tanked... Of course its gone down, its not as easy as taking candy from babies...

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp