These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Beyond Rubicon] What Mobile Structures would you like to see?

First post First post
Author
Lysus
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1161 - 2014-01-20 03:38:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Lysus
The Early Detection System or the EDS This is what I thought the ESS was going to be....

• This is a deployable platform that Alerts corp members through mail notifications of Enemy ship types that may come into a system.

• I was thinking that it should work by a range base detection system. For example, when a ship jumps into system and when it uncloaks, depending on if its in range of the detection system. The ship type would then be reported to corp members through the Eve Mail Notification system.

Maybe the range should be 30km or so.

• Only Corp members whom are located in the same system as the EDS may receive the mail notifications.

• Can be used in Wormholes for wormhole security as well as low sec and Null sec.

• To help with balancing issue, the EDS only lasts in space for 1 hour or 30 minutes per EDS

• Can be easily destroyed just like a mobile tractor

• should take about 1 to 2 minutes to deploy
Cyaron wars
Academia RED HOT Corporation
#1162 - 2014-01-20 13:59:35 UTC
Anchorable mobile lag preventing generator in T1 and T2 variants for start would be good. You need more stupid ideas like ESS or you had enough for this expansion?
Mournful Conciousness
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1163 - 2014-01-20 14:21:06 UTC
Lysus wrote:
The Early Detection System or the EDS This is what I thought the ESS was going to be....

• This is a deployable platform that Alerts corp members through mail notifications of Enemy ship types that may come into a system.

• I was thinking that it should work by a range base detection system. For example, when a ship jumps into system and when it uncloaks, depending on if its in range of the detection system. The ship type would then be reported to corp members through the Eve Mail Notification system.

• Only Corp members whom are located in the same system as the EDS may receive the mail notifications.

• Can be used in Wormholes for wormhole security as well as low sec and Null sec.

• To help with balancing issue, the EDS only lasts in space for 1 hour or 30 minutes per EDS

This! But make it last until destroyed. It will ensure a great deal more skirmish PVP in wormholes, which will be great!!!

Embers Children is recruiting carefully selected pilots who like wormholes, green killboards and the sweet taste of tears. You can convo me in game or join the chat "TOHA Lounge".

Lysus
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1164 - 2014-01-20 16:14:23 UTC
Mournful Conciousness wrote:
Lysus wrote:

This! But make it last until destroyed. It will ensure a great deal more skirmish PVP in wormholes, which will be great!!!

I was worried that it would be to powerful of a tool if if lasted till it was destroyed. Having only last 30 minutes to an hour ensures that a corp has to be proactive in its use if they want to keep up intel.
Mournful Conciousness
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1165 - 2014-01-20 16:41:21 UTC
Lysus wrote:

I was worried that it would be to powerful of a tool if if lasted till it was destroyed. Having only last 30 minutes to an hour ensures that a corp has to be proactive in its use if they want to keep up intel.

I think it's ok to last until destroyed. It does not need to have many hit points, since from my point of view it's only use is to let me know to log in to get a fight - it will save me having to scan down 20 wormholes to get one.

I'd be happy if it was destroyed on the first shot like a jet can, or even after reporting 10 instances of trespass.

I am certain that it would liven up W-space again, which has become a little too quiet since hisec incursions became more profitable at close to zero risk (what the devs were thinking there I have no idea...)

Embers Children is recruiting carefully selected pilots who like wormholes, green killboards and the sweet taste of tears. You can convo me in game or join the chat "TOHA Lounge".

Dirala
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1166 - 2014-01-21 13:48:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Dirala
I would like a "Mobile Incursion Unit"

- Only one Unit per system.
- akts like a warp beacon
- Disrupts ratting bounty Constellation wide by 10%
- Every Unit dropped in different Systems of the Constellation increases the effekt of all Units in the Constellation by 2.5%.
(so 5 Systems with the MIU gives a total 20% disruption)

Stats are like the Mobile Medium Warp Disrupter.

When destroyed, it stays inaktiv for 5 hours until it disappears. (Hence only one can be dropped every 5 hours per system)
This should give the ratting people the reward of not beeing disrupted again for 5 hours. And that you cant spam those things.

Without it beeing destroyed it stays in space for 24hours.

The Goal is, to have the ability to provoke fights. Taunt people to form up a fleet to fight or live with a small disruption of ratting capabilities if unwilling to form up to protect the ratting space.
Niko Lorenzio
United Eve Directorate
#1167 - 2014-01-21 17:00:28 UTC
Local Comms System for Wormholes - turns on local.
Local Comms Inhibitor for Nullsec - turns off local.

The CSM XI Election are now open until March 25th, 2016. Consider Niko Lorenzio for CSM XI.

CSM matters, your voice matters, your vote matters!

Saede Riordan
Alexylva Paradox
#1168 - 2014-01-21 19:00:13 UTC
deployable acceleration gates. no decay. non-recoverable. destructible. I would be happy for a long time. We could build our own deadspace complexes. We could build chains of acceleration gates connecting our starbases. It would do so much to make space feel like we had control over it and it was actually populated. There's so much interesting lore behind acceleration gates, so much content involving them, they're a really central part of the game for a lot of people, and yet despite their apparent ubiquity, we capsuleers don't have any way to manipulate them ourselves.
Phoenix Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#1169 - 2014-01-21 19:13:34 UTC
Strontium Extractor.

This deployable removes strontium from a tower and discharges it into space. For each hour this deployable is up, 1/2 hour of strontium is stolen and ejected into space.

(so this will clean out a towers worth of stront in 4 days time. You have to be EXTREMELY absent minded to miss it (but I'm sure people will). The stront extraction amount can be adjusted as needed (or a meta module can be created which extracts more stront per hour).

Yaay!!!!

Elvamerc
Appetite 4 Destruction
#1170 - 2014-01-22 02:37:39 UTC
I read through like 10 pages and didn't see it mentioned, but a structure that could be anchored on a WH to stabilize it and extend its lifetime would be nice. Say an extra 24 hours from time of structure anchor.
Scorpionstrike
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#1171 - 2014-01-22 12:43:33 UTC
I would like to suggest a Rogue drone defensive deployable / control unit that spawns rogue drones if you get attacked to deter and surprise an attacker, I think since their are offensive units such as warp bubbles, there could be defensive units to surprise attackers equally.
Andrea Keuvo
Rusty Pricks
#1172 - 2014-01-22 12:49:35 UTC
I would not like to see one additional deployable created until the following long term problems/issues are addressed:

1. sov warfare
2. sov upgrades and the fact that most fully upgraded systems cannot support more that 1-2 people ratting at the same time
3. the god awful ancient drone interface
4. the legacy code that turns fights like HED into complete sh*tshows
Mikey Aivo
Original Sinners
Pandemic Legion
#1173 - 2014-01-22 16:17:42 UTC
How about a hs moon mining array. Just randomly mines moon goo. If you hack one you find you now control it. Hacking adds suspect timer and should be fairly difficult to do. Possible 3 step hackig job. Lvl1 is easy, 2 is bit harder and 3 is difficult
Arielynn
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#1174 - 2014-01-22 20:15:04 UTC
Read through the first 15 pages and didn't see this suggested. I appologize if it has been to the originator.

What about a EXPLORATION DECOY generator?

This would creat a random exploration site effect, which would be fake, where you could lure in unsuspecting explorers giving you a chance to set them up for some pirating. This causes them to be a bit more cautious and gives players a chance to get they YARR on.Pirate
SFM Hobb3s
Perkone
Caldari State
#1175 - 2014-01-22 20:47:07 UTC
Grid-wide drone disruption array.

-prevents deployment of drones
-instantly destroys any drones on grid
-EHP equivalent to SBU or greater

meant to be a first-strike weapon against Soul Crushing Lag.

Sheeana Harb
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1176 - 2014-01-23 01:28:26 UTC
Mobile jump drive. Single use, mildly expensive, works like any capital ship's engine. Maybe with shorter range.
Anthar Thebess
#1177 - 2014-01-23 11:43:00 UTC
Micro Black Hole Generator.
When deployed on grid begins to drag all small not anchored and immobile drones to itself (wrecks,containers, sentry drones) at speed 2000m/s. It works for 5 minutes (or more) before exploding.

Dav Varan
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#1178 - 2014-01-23 17:10:26 UTC
Morgue

Place corpses in cargo bay.
Processes 1 corpse per hour extracting undamged implants and leaving them in cargo bay for collection.

Might be better as a POS structure.

Can not be anchored in high sec.
Silivar Karkun
Doomheim
#1179 - 2014-01-23 21:36:55 UTC
iterating from the ESS

-> Pirate Surveillance Systems or PSS

works similar to the ESS concept but earns LPs related to certain pirate factions, the PSS cannot be placed in the corresponding space of its original faction (like putting an angel PSS in angel space).

depending on relations certain PSS would be banned in certain systems (you cannot put an angel PSS in a serpentis system or viceversa).

the idea is that killing rats from the other pirate factions could earn you LPs with the others. for example, killing blood raiders with a sansha PSS in system would earn you LPs with Sansha's Nation
Che Biko
Alexylva Paradox
#1180 - 2014-01-24 01:14:20 UTC
Emergency Beacon

Provides a warp in point on overview when deployed, and possibly also broadcasts on local/constellation chat with warp link, and some tactical information about the space near the beacon.