These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Beyond Rubicon] What Mobile Structures would you like to see?

First post First post
Author
DarklordKarn
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2013-11-13 12:29:34 UTC
A deployable module that decrease tidi and reinforces that node..
DarklordKarn
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2013-11-13 12:30:59 UTC
a selection of small novelty 'pet' type ships that randomly orbit me, and keep me company while mining.

tiny pet Rifter..... ahhhhh Bear
Zimzat
The Bastards
Sedition.
#23 - 2013-11-13 12:31:26 UTC
DarklordKarn wrote:
A deployable module that decrease tidi and reinforces that node..

Rather that can reverse TIDI + speed to save the nodes.

http://zimzat.blogspot.com

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#24 - 2013-11-13 12:32:29 UTC
Customs Station. Scans passing traffic and notifies about contraband. Initially low sec and sov null only.

In low, pilots go suspect, depending on the empire's policies

In sov null, the sov holder can mark things as contraband.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#25 - 2013-11-13 12:32:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Abdiel Kavash
Broadcast towers that periodically send a user-defined message in local.
crazy0146
The Federation of assorted candy
#26 - 2013-11-13 12:34:13 UTC
- Mini trade hub
Structure that allows players to trade between others without having to dock in a station, eg. in wormholes.

Mobile Manufacturing/Research Arrays, not tied to POS.

Ideally which you can rent out slots on to people from an in system station. (Then remove/reduce highsec industry slots), with player set limits on run times and so on.

This^^

What i would really like to see are more structures similar to poco's in that a player can deploy one and set a tax rate to use them.
DarklordKarn
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2013-11-13 12:34:27 UTC
Giant mobile disco ball, that plays random sci-fi theme tunes, while shooting disco lasers and fireworks !! Bear
Bubanni
Corus Aerospace
#28 - 2013-11-13 12:37:16 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Hey everyone. As most of you know, we are introducing the first four of our new Mobile Structures in the upcoming Rubicon expansion: the Mobile Depot, Mobile Tractor Unit, Mobile Cynosural Inhibitor, and Mobile Siphon Unit. These four structures open up a lot of amazing possibilities for EVE players, but they're intended to be just the start.

This summer we asked the CSM to help us brainstorm ideas for potential mobile structures in Rubicon and beyond. We've also been brainstorming internally and finding good ideas posted in this forum. We've already decided which new mobile structures we will be adding in Rubicon 1.1, but we'd like to open up the brainstorming to all of you to help come up with great ideas for the future expansions!

Would you like to see a mobile drug lab with a meta version called the 'Winnebago'? A decoy structure that imitates a specific ship on probe and d-scan? A vending machine that allows you to sell mining laser crystals to random people in a belt?

Let us know what you'd like to see out of the future of our new space structures!

Sure I might have an idea or two...

Mobile jump bridge/stargate. This would be a temporary connection between two systems, unlike the normal jumpbridge or stargate, it would not be on the on the overview... You can scan it down, and place it without sov. The limitations could be range, limited time, price, and a limit on how many can use it at the same time.

It would be easy to destroy, not have reinforce timer and such

Supercap nerf - change ewar immunity https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=194759 Module activation delay! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1180934

Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#29 - 2013-11-13 12:38:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Garviel Tarrant
Structure that you can place next to an fw ihub that would make it tick down for a couple of days until finally it turns into a neutral unowned area that spawns no plexes that either side of FW can use until it is reinforced and destroyed.

This module should give no benefits what so ever to anyone who happens to pick it up other than being able to keep dirty fw plexers out of the system.

I don't want to be a part of FW.

I do however think we should have a way to **** with FW for the sake of ******* with them.

BYDI recruitment closed-ish

marVLs
#30 - 2013-11-13 12:39:28 UTC
Slo-Mo aka TiDi field (like in Unreal Tournament 3) would be cool but probably wont work well because of that grief with it :D

Smartbombing structure?

REPing, CAPing, NOSing, WEBing structures

Mobile turrets, missile launchers with new ship class with bonuses to them hmm cool
Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#31 - 2013-11-13 12:39:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Abdiel Kavash
Multi-colored deployable bubbles for spaceart. The technology exists already!
Alphaomega21
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2013-11-13 12:40:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Alphaomega21
When do I get my modular POS? Ideally I would like to see a modular structure I can put some silos, a reactor, labs and some build slots on for industry. Maybe if you are even feeling like going the extra mile some where I can park my giant phallus?
Titus Balls
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#33 - 2013-11-13 12:42:43 UTC
Mobile warp gates

Allow anchoring in both low and null sec - allowing pirates and sov groups to create their own 'deadspace' areas, where other structures could potentially be anchored (such as mobile depots, cyno jammers, mobile research facilities).

These areas could also be defended with deployable weapon platforms.
Glasgow Dunlop
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2013-11-13 12:42:59 UTC
What About Mobile Clone Vats for WH space use Only?

The only way to get the clone in would be to bring your own in and then jump out to wherever you have a spare clone saved ( I know this would need a change of clone jumping in Wormholes, but It would make the fights a lot more intresting if a podded guy/girl/bob can go back to the thick of the action within moments rather than hours)

Also Perhaps a limit on them as well, between 2 and 4 per unit, running off stront to keep the clones 'alive' and ready for use should the need be to use them.

@glasgowdunlop #tweetfleet

TDSIN Director : Join 'TDSIN pub' for more info, Join today!

Glasgow EVE Meets Organiser

Mashie Saldana
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#35 - 2013-11-13 12:44:06 UTC
Mobile Captains Quarter with a window please.
Quinn Oron
Apraxia
#36 - 2013-11-13 12:45:52 UTC
Perhaps something to disrupt cloaking devices within a small radius (strictly an on-grid deployable).

A logistics tower that periodically provides additional shield/armour/cap bonuses/reps within a certain radius. Conversely, a module that drains cap (practically any offensive POS module could be utilized for these purposes).

A deployable that prolongs crimewatch/aggression timers or temporarily disables a star gate and/or jump bridge array on a POS. wouldn't that be more dickish than a siphon unit?
AnUnskilled Pilot
Doomheim
#37 - 2013-11-13 12:46:27 UTC
Factional warfare structures:

adding to factional warfare the ability of corps to create their own dead space plexes that anyone can attack. If held they generate LP on an hourly basis for the corp. Inside you would place fw missile/sentries ewar which are purchasable for lp points. the objective to destroy should reinforce for 10-15 minutes and take some time to kill so the corp has time to stage a defense. Different custom plexes would be available with accel gates limiting access.

factional warfare commanders/leaders. voted in bi weekly or monthly by a factionwide vote.
"the commaning lord of the 24th imperial crusade"
"the military minister of kamela"
These positions get the ability to place mobile fw structures that assist in fw. Such as adding a light faction navy presence in system, or the the previously mentioned plexes.

unrelated mining idea. Mining depot:
200k ore hold, drop it in a belt and it slowly mines that belt. Attackable and lootable by all. This would not see any action in high sec as it wouold get ganked. But it could make mining in low sec actually on par with mining in highsec.

Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2013-11-13 12:49:02 UTC
Forgive me for being frank, but I would rather POSes get overhauled before new mobile structures get introduced.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#39 - 2013-11-13 12:49:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Abdiel Kavash
A deployable beacon that anyone in system can warp to, for distress calls or for coordinating multiple fleets. Make it so that the user can configure who can see the beacon on their overview - fleet members, corporation, alliance, based on standings, or everyone.

This would also allow the FC to prepare these in a system and have fleet members warp to them without the need for fleet warps or sharing bookmarks. This would be very useful for bomber fleets, for tacticals around gates, wormholes, or even marking scanned down sites for your alt to run.
Glasgow Dunlop
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2013-11-13 12:51:18 UTC
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
A deployable beacon that anyone in system can warp to, for distress calls or for coordinating multiple fleets. Make it so that the user can configure who can see the beacon on their overview - fleet members, corporation, alliance, based on standings, or everyone.

I thought that read bacon not beacon Cry

@glasgowdunlop #tweetfleet

TDSIN Director : Join 'TDSIN pub' for more info, Join today!

Glasgow EVE Meets Organiser