These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Beyond Rubicon] What Mobile Structures would you like to see?

First post First post
Author
Milton Middleson
Rifterlings
#181 - 2013-11-13 15:40:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Milton Middleson
Mobile Signature Decoy: imitates a randomly selected deadspace signature appropriate to the region. Functions as a trap for explorers. Decays rapidly.

Mobile Field Base: Like the mobile depot, but allows storage of some ships. Could be split into small/medium/large that dictates amount of storage space.
-T2 variant that cannot be scanned down directly.

Mobile [Industrial Facility]: labs, ice/ore refineries, factories, on-site mineral compressors etc...

Automated Mining Platform: slowly auto-harvests minerals or ice.

Mobile Deadspace Generator: generates a small, warpable deadspace pocket. You can't warp around inside, but anyone can warp to the beacon.

Mobile Kiosk: Allows you to sell stuff directly to other players in space.
-T2 Highsec version comes with automated local spammer to help you sell your wares. P
Electrique Wizard
Mutually Lucrative Business Proposals
#182 - 2013-11-13 15:41:06 UTC
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
(serious idea ITP)

CONCORD signal jammer. 3-5 minute anchoring time. When anchored, CONCORD doesn't respond to criminally flagged players within range. (But they are still free game for other players.) Can't be anchored on grid with stations or gates.

Gank AFK bot-aspirant miners with great justice. Anyone watching the game has plenty of time to get out of range. (POS managers have to check on their POSes every hour now, it's only fair that miners should have to check their screens once in a while too.)

Also allows for friendly fleet vs fleet or FFA combat within highsec without having to abuse stealing mechanics or having to start fifty duels.

This is actually pretty cool +1

I am the Zodiac, I am the stars, You are the sorceress, my priestess of Mars, Queen of the night, swathed in satin black, Your ivory flesh upon my torture rack.

Kenneth Skybound
Gallifrey Resources
#183 - 2013-11-13 15:41:37 UTC
Yes please on the vending machine! Being able to pop items in, list a price and let people buy - would be great for areas without stations or for a middle of nowhere shop. 48 hour reinforce.

Additional modules:

Automated Repair Outpost - ships "dock" (attach) at the unit to receive repairs. Cannot dock while locked or have any timers. Small unit repairs at speed of 1 medium shield, 1 medium armor and 1 medium hull repair. Medium unit repairs at 3x this rate. Large unit repairs at 3x large version of the repairs. T2 module would emulate T2 remote reps rather than T1 and would repair damaged modules at same rate as no skills nanite paste. Max 4 ships connected at a time. Ship must be piloted to be connected. Optional broadcast on overview. Optional charge based on standings.

Enhanced Warp Tunnel Activator - requires two units to be deployed and online in system to work. Connect two units (limited to corporation to make connecting lists less of a hassle) to create a two way acceleration gate of sorts. Ships have to align along it as usual to enter warp, but warp speed is a set speed for all ships. Ships taking warp use no cap and the unit ignores anchored and dictor bubbles. Will not ignore hictor bubbles.

• Small: All frigates and destroyers and Tech 2/3 cruisers and tech 2 industrials only. 6 AU/s speed. Max mass 50'000'000 kg/hour.
  • Medium: All frigates, destroyers, cruisers, industrial ships, mining barges and command ships. 4 AU/s speed. Max mass 250'000'000 kg/hour.
  • Large: All ships capable of using jump gates. 2 AU/s speed. Max mass 3'000'000'000 kg/hour. 2.5 AU/s warp speed.

Structure Siege System - Capable of dealing omni damage to structures only. Cannot be placed within 5km of another siege system. Small (250m^3) deals 800-1k dps at 20km, increased by skills. Medium (600m^3) deals 2500-3k dps at 30km. Large (2000m^3) deals 4000-5000 dps at 45km. All units have low hp (frigate, destroyer, cruiser ehp), must be commanded by a pilot within 2km. Cannot be controlled by ships with a cloak fit. One commandable per person at a time. (This is only if structure bashing continues to be a thing)

Personal Beacon - Very small, short time, creates a warpable celestial similar to a cyno. Self destructs after 30 minutes or after x number of warp drives have locked onto it (3-15 depending on skills). Possibly a fleet and siege sized variant for 10-50 and 25-125 warp drive lock ons. Practically non existent ehp, no deploy time.

System Bounty Advertisement - Allows for the offering of bounties on ships killed within the system or within a set range (5-250km). Optional broadcast as celestial. Optional public or private payout. Optional all targets or set entities and/or set ships. Moderate to high hp, 24 hour reinforce. ISK placed in bounty can be retrieved if not already paid out. Upon destruction, fleet that destroyed it is paid 25% of stored bounty. Rest is lost.

I'm not entirely sold on deployable mining structures, not sure about combat structures.
TAckermassacker
No.Mercy
Triumvirate.
#184 - 2013-11-13 15:41:55 UTC
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
(serious idea ITP)

CONCORD signal jammer. 3-5 minute anchoring time. When anchored, CONCORD doesn't respond to criminally flagged players within range. (But they are still free game for other players.) Can't be anchored on grid with stations or gates.

Gank AFK bot-aspirant miners with great justice. Anyone watching the game has plenty of time to get out of range. (POS managers have to check on their POSes every hour now, it's only fair that miners should have to check their screens once in a while too.)

Also allows for friendly fleet vs fleet or FFA combat within highsec without having to abuse stealing mechanics or having to start fifty duels.

Yes, everyone would place it in the belts and would scream "FREE CANDY IN TOP BELT"
GallowsCalibrator
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#185 - 2013-11-13 15:43:03 UTC
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
(serious idea ITP)

There'd probably be some massive whining if it just stopped CONCORD flat-out, but I think adding a big delay (30s or so warp-in time, 10 seconds extra delay before Concord lock and fire, enough time to help murder pretty much most things) to Concord response to anyone performing a criminal act on grid would be plenty. And then it can get anchored on station/gates.
Lorac Gemini
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#186 - 2013-11-13 15:48:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Lorac Gemini
Mobile Scan Disruptor:

Make it harder for you to be scanned down. Basically forces a hard requirement for Cov Ops type ships with Scan bonuses to scan you.
[Edit:] Alternatively, there could be more more Deviation in scans and more "Fake" signatures show up when pinpointing.

Mobile Logistics:

Anchorable AI Driven Logistics to repair Armor, Shields or Hull. Should not replace Logi ships, but should be useable in small gang / Solo play to give an edge.
Victor Dathar
Lowlife.
Snuffed Out
#187 - 2013-11-13 15:49:47 UTC
Has anyone suggested numerous ways to stop people from afk cloaking in their ratting systems yet? Are they all equally silly?

^^^ lol that post is so bad you should get back 2 GBS m8 o7

@grr_goons : Wisdom, Insight, GBS Posts

Valterra Craven
#188 - 2013-11-13 15:49:53 UTC
GallowsCalibrator wrote:
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
(serious idea ITP)

There'd probably be some massive whining if it just stopped CONCORD flat-out, but I think adding a big delay (30s or so warp-in time, 10 seconds extra delay before Concord lock and fire, enough time to help murder pretty much most things) to Concord response to anyone performing a criminal act on grid would be plenty. And then it can get anchored on station/gates.

Yeah because high sec ganking isn't enough of a problem already. I'm half surprised there hasn't been a "gun-control" regulation call for high sec given the number of murders and massacres happening all over the place.
GallowsCalibrator
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#189 - 2013-11-13 15:51:09 UTC
As an aside, I think a general rule-of-thumb would be that anything that involves direct combat should probably be a Bad Thing (TM), so no portable sentry guns or logistics. Because I can guaran-damn-tee you that otherwise someone's going to stuff 200 carriers with the things, drop them all, and form an unkillable death-sphere around every station and point of interest in the game.

(Hint: It'll be us)
Syrias Bizniz
some random local shitlords
#190 - 2013-11-13 15:51:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Syrias Bizniz
Mobile Scanning Unit - Can be deployed into any system. Will scan for Cosmic Signatures once online, by accessing you get a list of all Results in system. Comes in different Metalevels, so you need the 'good one' to get the hard signatures scanned down for you.

Mobile Drug Laboratory - Self Explanatory.

Mobile Gas Harvesting Unit - Well, you put it into a Gascloud, and then it harvests Gas.

Mobile Logistic Sentry - Once deployed will remote repair the guy who deployed it. Limites Range (30km?), limited logi-love. So no, you won't be able to drop all your tank and solo some Forsaken Hubs or so. Will suffice for *some* L4s though.

Mobile Command Unit - Gives Boosts to the fleet - here's the tweak: It uses drugs and grants drug effects and sideeffects. Probably way to OP, but once links are forced onto grid, this might be cool stuff. Also: Only works if the people providing boosts deploy it. And are eligible for providing boosts.

Mobile Cynosural Unit - Creates a Cyno. Everyone can jump to it.

Mobile Smartbomb unit - Needs to be loaded with Bombs. Will emit a Bomb-blast, enhanced in range, every 60 seconds - or maybe remote controlled? [Add faction flavors, like, Syndicate have cloaked ones!]

Mobile Camera Unit - Will open a window in which you have vision on the Camera Unit. Comes tied to a skill which will allow you to get signal from 1(2,4,8,region) range.
Darling Hassasin
Parental Control
Didn't want that Sov anyway.
#191 - 2013-11-13 15:52:23 UTC
I have not read every single post in the last 9 pages.

Mobile Recharge Stations,

- providing the equivalent of say two large cap transfers.
- not more than one per ship
- can apply on any ship that is succeptible to neuts (including triage, sieged, supercaps, Marauders in whatitsname mode)
- slowly depletes cap charges.

Local Market Inteface

- anyone can anchor
- anyone can use
- allows user to buy and sell to stations in system from within 2500 m of the interface
- person who has anchored can tax it (example 10% per transaction)
- vessels bought appear inside the interface accesible only to the buyer and can be taken or launched in space
- you can fit on the interface
- made of pure win! Imagine two chaps red to each othe rtrying to buy and fit to pew pew each other!!!! EPIC

Warp Core Destabilizer

- anchorable within x distance of any (low sec) gate
- causes a distortion in the warp field of any vessel warping to the gate
- affected vessels will land 5 - 15 kms from the gate - random direction
- VERY low hps
- does it affect T3s with invulnimod? does it affect interceptors? hmmmmmmm

Do eeeet! LolLolLolLol
GallowsCalibrator
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#192 - 2013-11-13 15:53:16 UTC
Valterra Craven wrote:
GallowsCalibrator wrote:
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
(serious idea ITP)

Yeah because high sec ganking isn't enough of a problem already. I'm half surprised there hasn't been a "gun-control" regulation call for high sec given the number of murders and massacres happening all over the place.

If you don't notice someone setting up a 10-minute anchor of a fragile Concord Disruptor and not warp out, well, not sure what to say really. (PS: The whole point of this thing as I'm thinking is that the consequences are still inevitable, but delayed.)

Hmmm, I suppose it SHOULD probably only have limited battery life too. Probably in the span of minutes.
Altaen
SoE Roughriders
Electus Matari
#193 - 2013-11-13 15:53:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Altaen
Player Owned Trade Outpost:

Would have normal moon POS shield, stront and RF mechanics, but would tie in to the open market. Any players with access to the POTO shields could list sell and buy orders from this structure.
Shield permissions would be based on standings.

By default it would have basic fitting services and a limited hangar.

A corporation could create a fully public POTO, and players inside it's shields would be able to conduct business in relative safety, with the obvious low/null/wh risk of getting bumped out of the shields by other "customers" or being watched as you leave.
Most likely, though, I'd imagine they'd be used to create small corp/alliance/coalition-only markets outside of sov null.

Major Risk/Conflict Driver: A well-stocked POTO would make a damned fine target, so you'd need to balance your ability to evac everything with your desire to list all of the things.

Once in reinforced mode, even a public POTO would/could be easily restricted to corp/alliance access to allow JFs/Rorquals a chance to evac. In null/wspace there would obviously be the option to wrap them in bubbles for, ahem, safe shipping...
Barry Kring
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#194 - 2013-11-13 15:53:53 UTC
We already have a tractor beam structure. Now we need one that kills the rats.

Black Canary Jnr
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#195 - 2013-11-13 15:54:10 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Would you like to see a mobile drug lab with a meta version called the 'Winnebago'?t

Yes please. Have always wanted to get into drug manufacturing but there is such a high ceiling in setting it up compared to every other type of industry. Let us brew up some moonshine boosters :P

Lots of sweet ideas posted in this thread too, i like the idea of a logistics module that gives out shield/ cap/ armor to anyone in it's radius, obviously this would need to be limited and balanced because it's just so prone to abuse.

DED Space gates - I kind of like the idea of acceleration gates but then i think 'what is the point'.

System wide broadcaster - you must make this :D

- Mining deployable - This can only end in tears for who-ever anchors it, except for those deep null renter bears (Down with this sort of thing!). I like it as long as it needs a fair amount of fuel and isn't stupid good.

Wormhole stabiliser - I like the idea of this, should be heavily relient on fuel and once the fuel goes/ or it is destroyed, it collapses. It should slowly regen the mass of a WH so you can't just jump entire BS fleets in or whatever. You can still collapse the WH via jumping ships in and out too. I see this as being very good for small gang pvp.

Also 10 mil isk that someone says an anti-cloaking deployable. You all owe me isk.
Harry Stampernox
Cluelix
Wrecktical Supremacy.
#196 - 2013-11-13 15:55:51 UTC
Anti-cloaking field generator: Just like a mobile cyno jammer. Decloaks anything within 100km. This would have a two fold purpose right off the bat. It counters cloakys trying to get through nullsec camps. It also makes it harder for bombers to bomb since they will decloak as soon as they are on grid with the anti cloak generator.
GallowsCalibrator
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#197 - 2013-11-13 15:56:57 UTC  |  Edited by: GallowsCalibrator
Syrias Bizniz wrote:

Mobile Cynosural Unit - Creates a Cyno. Everyone can jump to it.

I support this only and only if the meta variant of it is called 'Thunderdome' and also acts as a bubble.

Edit: And overrides any other cynos in the system.
CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#198 - 2013-11-13 15:57:49 UTC
Jack bubu wrote:

- Mobile Grid Cleaner type 'agmar'
Targets and destroyes wrecks in a 150km radius, 8 wrecks per 10 seconds are destroyed. Once the grid is cleaned it will write in local "Agmar sends his regards"

I just checked with CCP Masterplan and it turns out this would be a fairly simple modification to the auto-tractor.

Hmmmm......

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Winters Chill
Unitas Incorporated
#199 - 2013-11-13 15:58:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Winters Chill
Another Serious Idea(s)

1) A deployable mining structure that anchors in belts.

- It generates passive income by mining nearby asteroids. Slowly (time scale in days).
- It consumes the "passenger" item subgroup (slaves etc) and oxygen to represent the workforce.
- It can be hacked and the material from it stolen. (Players can set a response to a security breach. Nothing or Self Destruction)
- It can be attacked, attacker gains a suspect flag. Or nothing if at war.
- Is stealthy and doesn't show up on direction scans. You have to look for them.
- corp deployment only.

2) A mobile refinery (a true mobile refinery)

- Is fed ore.
- Minerals are refined but its slightly worst than the worst station.
- Player can set it to be used by anyone, for a small fee.
- However it is easily destroyed.
- Start of independent high sec industry away from reliance of NPCs (also a cool war target).
- corp deployment only.

3) Solar/ Planetary/ Astrogeological Observatory.

- Is fed passenger subgroup (scientists) and planetary ejaculate.
- Can only be anchored in low, null and wormhole space.
- Must be anchored near the object it was intended to observe. Planetary Observatory has to be anchored at a planet.
- Everyday it generates reports depending on the space its in. There is a small chance it will generate a data core and a very very small chance it will generate a random 1 run BPC of a tech 1 item.
- Risk verse reward paradigm. Null has a better chance of generating an BPC than low sec. And you have to physically go get the item (camp that ****).
- doesn't show up on d-scan.
- Could feed into Dust or PI with a secondary function.
- corp delpoyment only.

4) Other Syphon Units.

- same as the moon goo syphons but they steal other stuff.
- Some steal research (Coughing out BPCs)
- Other could reduce the PG or CPU of a tower, forcing people to come "fix it"

5) Booby Trap Cans

- Would need normal cans to be hackable.
- Booby trap can looks like a secure container, except when you hack it, it explodes.
- No way to tell the difference between the two.

6) Stealth generator.

- NOT A CLOAKING FIELD.
- Anyone in radius is removed from local chat and D-scan.
- Can still be probed out. (infact its so easy to probe you can do it with core probes).
- corp deployment only.

There you go. Brainstorming. Ideas but not always great.
Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#200 - 2013-11-13 15:59:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Abdiel Kavash
GallowsCalibrator wrote:
If you don't notice someone setting up a 10-minute anchor of a fragile Concord Disruptor and not warp out, well, not sure what to say really. (PS: The whole point of this thing as I'm thinking is that the consequences are still inevitable, but delayed.)

Hmmm, I suppose it SHOULD probably only have limited battery life too. Probably in the span of minutes.

My original idea changes the consequences from being beaten to a pulp by an invincible NPC entity to being shot at by other people. I specifically said "CONCORD won't react to criminal timers", not "people won't get criminal timers". So if you go GCC near one of these things, you have to sit it out for 15 minutes. If you warp out, you still get CONCORDOKKEN on landing. But 15 minutes is plenty for your victim to reship into a combat ship and take revenge on your now vulnerable ship tethered to the module.