These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page
 

How much is too much for Plex cards?

Author
Titas Agor
TITANS OF PEACE
#21 - 2011-11-03 18:51:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Titas Agor
Currently I myself, is playing about 4 hrs a week, overall......

Yeah plex is a privilage, sorta, CCP made the item to get them more revenue per month, so its not really, its a game mechanic now even if you just use it for the AUR store.
Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
#22 - 2011-11-03 18:54:27 UTC
100m is a lot for some players, but not for others. 500m is a lot for some players, but not for others. 1b is a lot of some players, but not for others. See where I'm going with this. I actually do hope it continues to rise and maybe even hit 750m-1b, but only to hear the tears of people who play to pay.

CCP's Motto: If it isn't broken, break it. If it is broken, ignore it. Improving NPE / Dynamic New Eden

Krios Ahzek
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#23 - 2011-11-03 18:56:02 UTC
Titas Agor wrote:
Currently I myself, is playing about 4 hrs a week, overall......

Yeah plex is a privilage, sorta, CCP made the item to get the more revenue per month, so its not really, its a game mechanic now even if you just use it for the AUR store.


Yes. The privilege part that you don't understand is this:

CCP never said that every player should be able to pay for his game time using ISK/PLEX.

If you're only not E-rich enough to play on PLEX all the time... it's your problem.

 Though All Men Do Despise Us

Apollo Gabriel
Mercatoris
#24 - 2011-11-03 18:57:26 UTC
Is CCP making Tri too expensive too?

Why try to blame CCP? People who buy GTC want MORE isk for their PLEX, they are too blame.

... sigh
Always ... Never ... Forget to check your references.   Peace out Zulu! Hope you land well!
Lexmana
#25 - 2011-11-03 18:59:24 UTC
Monocles are the new FOTM @ forums and Incursions also help putting pressure on PLEX. The "power of two" campaign CCP is running ATM adds to that. Expect price to rise even higher if CCP cannot recruit more big spenders (that pays sub and buys GTC).

I am sure pople will still buy PLEX if price hit 1 bil considering how easy it is to make ISK ingame.
Soulpirate
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#26 - 2011-11-03 18:59:35 UTC
It will ballance itself.

As the price gets higher more people will buy game cards so they can make some easy isk. Price will drop.

As the price gets cheap, people will buy PLEX and the price will rise.

It's a free market and one of the best parts of EVE imo.

Dont expect the price to get much higher, if it does buy a bunch of GTC's and profit, then buy them back when the prce drops.
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#27 - 2011-11-03 18:59:35 UTC
Titas Agor wrote:
With plex cards hitting 450mil now, its beyond what i'm personally willing to pay for one now, just curious what some other people think about this situation. With the so called "expansion" comming there is still no excuse in my book for such a recidulas price increase from a month ago when everyone was about to rage quit !! and all of a sudden, "we're focusing more on space" announcment and all is forgiven? Considering CCP said that they were going to monitor the prices of plex cards so that WHATS happening WOULDN'T happen, makes me believe in them less a bit now.

But what do people think about the ever rising of plex cards, when the game time you get from one stays the same?


There are proportionately equal increases in prices across the board in everything but mineral mining, so quit being a douche. For example, when PLEX prices were 360 mil, nano's were 5 mil. A few weeks ago drakes were selling at 11% above mineral cost instead of anywhere from a loss to 3%.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#28 - 2011-11-03 19:02:43 UTC
Titas Agor wrote:
yeah thats true to a point i suppose, but is it really CCP thats killing the player base then in that case? because at the current market prices, I just dont see how people could really afford multiple accounts anymore as for a lot of people, im sure they would only just about break even at these pricing. So is it really CCP, or is the player base killing the player base because of this?

And your missing my point, CCP were supposed to be "monitoring" the plex pricing because of the whole deal with AUR and worried about a massive inflation with pricing. Going up nearly 70mil in under 2 months is a major inflation to me


So what, exactly, do you want CCP to do about it?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#29 - 2011-11-03 19:04:15 UTC
Titas Agor wrote:
Currently I myself, is playing about 4 hrs a week, overall......

Yeah plex is a privilage, sorta, CCP made the item to get them more revenue per month, so its not really, its a game mechanic now even if you just use it for the AUR store.



Do you understand where those PLEX on the market come from? Are you aware that other players pay RL money to create them?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Titas Agor
TITANS OF PEACE
#30 - 2011-11-03 19:08:43 UTC
Krios Ahzek wrote:
Titas Agor wrote:
Currently I myself, is playing about 4 hrs a week, overall......

Yeah plex is a privilage, sorta, CCP made the item to get the more revenue per month, so its not really, its a game mechanic now even if you just use it for the AUR store.


Yes. The privilege part that you don't understand is this:

CCP never said that every player should be able to pay for his game time using ISK/PLEX.

If you're only not E-rich enough to play on PLEX all the time... it's your problem.



Thats right it would be my problem, but your argument is like saying peoples IBIS is a privilege because CCP doesn't force you to fly it, coz you can fly in a pod, and thats just rediculas, its a game mechanic, a game item, just like everything else in the game is, its not a privilege like you think it is, your comment is silly, and inaccurate.

People are get WAAAAAAY off track, i know all about supply vs demand, people will either pay current prices, or not simple as that!!! I KNOW THAT.... thats not what i asked, i want to know whats peoples limit is before they just simply say "NO" to plex... its not rocket science, its the most SIMPLIST of questions not a bitching match. If you think their just fine then say THAT, dont come in here suggesting im just a poor noob who cant afford the 450mil OR $15 a month, because i can, its a choice that I personally make, I just wondered what the "majority" of the community thought would be simply too high price for a plex and perhaps i should have worded my original post better but hopefully this sorts the crap out from what ppl are posting in here.

THIS IS NOT A CRY thread.... its a simple how much will you pay!!!! before you wont pay thread. and i would prefer to hear thoughts from people that perhaps dont have billions and billions of isk in their wallets and perhaps dont even have TIME to get isk together because their so busy fighting in 0.0 where their loosing ships and dont have time to go ratting, go run some complex's or incursion sites.
Roime
Shiva Furnace
#31 - 2011-11-03 19:08:50 UTC
Too much?

I want it to be as much as possible


.

Roime
Shiva Furnace
#32 - 2011-11-03 19:12:17 UTC
Titas Agor wrote:

and i would prefer to hear thoughts from people that perhaps dont have billions and billions of isk in their wallets and perhaps dont even have TIME to get isk together because their so busy fighting in 0.0 where their loosing ships and dont have time to go ratting, go run some complex's or incursion sites.


Dude

You do know you can pay for this game with your credit card? You don't need to grind.

I don't have time to grind atm, so I sub my accounts and buy a handful of plexes to keep them in ships.

Problem solved.

.

Jita Alt666
#33 - 2011-11-03 19:12:53 UTC
How much is too much? For me my upper bar is 500mil.

I believe this is a bubble that will self correct as rich kids who need to buy more hulks cause goons have killed them realise they can buy 3 hulks for $15.
Titas Agor
TITANS OF PEACE
#34 - 2011-11-03 19:13:41 UTC
Roime wrote:
Titas Agor wrote:

and i would prefer to hear thoughts from people that perhaps dont have billions and billions of isk in their wallets and perhaps dont even have TIME to get isk together because their so busy fighting in 0.0 where their loosing ships and dont have time to go ratting, go run some complex's or incursion sites.


Dude

You do know you can pay for this game with your credit card? You don't need to grind.

I don't have time to grind atm, so I sub my accounts and buy a handful of plexes to keep them in ships.

Problem solved.



THATS what i want to hear... a proper fking answer... so you dont worry about plex cards at all then?
Krios Ahzek
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2011-11-03 19:20:38 UTC
Titas Agor wrote:
Krios Ahzek wrote:
Titas Agor wrote:
Currently I myself, is playing about 4 hrs a week, overall......

Yeah plex is a privilage, sorta, CCP made the item to get the more revenue per month, so its not really, its a game mechanic now even if you just use it for the AUR store.


Yes. The privilege part that you don't understand is this:

CCP never said that every player should be able to pay for his game time using ISK/PLEX.

If you're only not E-rich enough to play on PLEX all the time... it's your problem.



Thats right it would be my problem, but your argument is like saying peoples IBIS is a privilege because CCP doesn't force you to fly it, coz you can fly in a pod, and thats just rediculas, its a game mechanic, a game item, just like everything else in the game is, its not a privilege like you think it is, your comment is silly, and inaccurate.

People are get WAAAAAAY off track, i know all about supply vs demand, people will either pay current prices, or not simple as that!!! I KNOW THAT.... thats not what i asked, i want to know whats peoples limit is before they just simply say "NO" to plex... its not rocket science, its the most SIMPLIST of questions not a bitching match. If you think their just fine then say THAT, dont come in here suggesting im just a poor noob who cant afford the 450mil OR $15 a month, because i can, its a choice that I personally make, I just wondered what the "majority" of the community thought would be simply too high price for a plex and perhaps i should have worded my original post better but hopefully this sorts the crap out from what ppl are posting in here.

THIS IS NOT A CRY thread.... its a simple how much will you pay!!!! before you wont pay thread. and i would prefer to hear thoughts from people that perhaps dont have billions and billions of isk in their wallets and perhaps dont even have TIME to get isk together because their so busy fighting in 0.0 where their loosing ships and dont have time to go ratting, go run some complex's or incursion sites.


Well, you need to ask a better question.

There's no answer to your original question.


Here are questions that have answers:

How much is too much for PLEX, before you ragequit EVE entirely?

How much is too much for PLEX, before you have to switch to an actual subscription?

 Though All Men Do Despise Us

Lexmana
#36 - 2011-11-03 19:21:09 UTC
Titas Agor wrote:
Roime wrote:
Titas Agor wrote:

and i would prefer to hear thoughts from people that perhaps dont have billions and billions of isk in their wallets and perhaps dont even have TIME to get isk together because their so busy fighting in 0.0 where their loosing ships and dont have time to go ratting, go run some complex's or incursion sites.


Dude

You do know you can pay for this game with your credit card? You don't need to grind.

I don't have time to grind atm, so I sub my accounts and buy a handful of plexes to keep them in ships.

Problem solved.



THATS what i want to hear... a proper fking answer... so you dont worry about plex cards at all then?


He will worry, if price drops too much.
Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
#37 - 2011-11-03 19:24:22 UTC
PLEX is merely a way for those that are rich in real life, but have little time for grinding isk, to trade with those that have lots of time to grind (unemployed folks) but little cash in real life.

If you want to play "for free" by using plex, than you are completely at the mercy of those with the cash to pay you for your grind time. As others have said, its a free market, CCP should not and will not intervene.

People are still awfully confused about this. There are tons of players thinking they're sticking it to CCP by only using PLEX instead of a credit card....but really, they're just helping CCP profit more. This is the real reason for PLEX prices going up - everyone's trying to somehow protest the incarna stuff by "refusing to pay cash" for their game time, meaning that the market strongly favors those willing to sell timecodes for isk. I know plenty of people cashing in on this phenomena - its never been a better time to drop some extra real money into EvE and get a buttload of spaceships for your buck.

If you're looking for efficiency, the cheapest way to play is just pay your 15 dollars straight to CCP, or buy months at a time for even cheaper. Any timecodes, PLEX, etc, offer alternative forms of payment, but they are all more costly.

The PLEX prices will fall once everyone's happy with Vintar Expansion and resubs for a year at a time with their credit cards - PLEX demand, and thus price, will fall back down as well.

This is just the "emorage" bubble atm. It'll pass.



CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#38 - 2011-11-03 19:24:40 UTC
Titas Agor wrote:
450mil is definitely doable in a month, never said it wasn't, but just because we can make that a month, does that really mean its still okay to charge that?
Yes. In fact, it would be downright dishonest to charge anything less.
Titas Agor
TITANS OF PEACE
#39 - 2011-11-03 19:28:49 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Titas Agor wrote:
450mil is definitely doable in a month, never said it wasn't, but just because we can make that a month, does that really mean its still okay to charge that?
Yes. In fact, it would be downright dishonest to charge anything less.



LOL :D
Angel Lust
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#40 - 2011-11-03 19:29:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Angel Lust
Pay for your acc with your credit card...
If you need isk for more ships , buy plex on eveonline.com
Sell them for isk on market, buy new ships and... pew pew pew Cool

Edit:
You can buy a lot of drakes with only one plex now these days
Previous page123Next page