These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rubicon] Rapid Missile Launchers - v2

First post First post First post
Author
Hannott Thanos
Notorious Legion
#981 - 2013-11-12 13:31:11 UTC
Chessur wrote:
Michael Harari wrote:
Hannott Thanos wrote:
Chessur wrote:

PS- It is CLEAR to me you don't play the game. And it is clear to most solo / small gang players that you, along with the vast majority of CCP continue to make changes to the PvP landscape, that are un-needed, gimicky, or have no actual relevance on the meta.

Lol, are you aware that CCP Rise is the former Kil2, one of the most renowned solo PVPers of all time?

He streamed a lot, he was never one of the most renowned solo pvpers of all time.

(Yes i know who Rize is)

^^^ Pretty much this. Streaming =/= good, or inherrent knowledge about PvP. He certainly isn't my 'good pvper' list. And I certainly wouldn't call him renowned lol

renown [rɪˈnaʊn]
widespread reputation, esp of a good kind;

Yeah, he is not known at all in the eve universe, and those who know of him only talk about his bad solo pvp skills. Wat?

Show me this extensive list of people who do solo pvp (Dalilah is not a solo player, at least not with that character. Known? Sure. Pro? Sure. Known for extensive solo play?)

while (CurrentSelectedTarget.Status == ShipStatus.Alive) {

_myShip.FireAllGuns(CurrentSelectedTarget);

}

Gorski Car
#982 - 2013-11-12 13:32:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Gorski Car
lol at people being positive in external forums. Never ever read and think that something on failheap by prometheus or someone else is ok or actually smart.

I guess Light missile cerb with 2x xl-asbs is viable now.

You are not good at eve pvp just because you are visible/stream/makes pvp videos

Collect this post

Kristoffon vonDrake
Forceful Resource Acquisition Inc
#983 - 2013-11-12 13:34:44 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
Again, I will say that the concerns about ammo swapping are completely valid and I've talked to my team and we can hopefully address that sometime after Rubicon.

So why is it that in Iceland half-assed jobs are acceptable? What happened to do it right or don't? That is the equivalent of me taking my car to a car wash and getting it back full of dirt on the right side and the person telling me "oh don't worry from the left it looks ok the next time you bring it in we'll wash it fully"
Moonaura
The Dead Rabbit Society
#984 - 2013-11-12 13:35:14 UTC
Patri Andari wrote:
When can we expect this on the test server?

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

In 7 days on Tranquility.

"The game is mostly played by men - 97%. But 40% of them play as women... so thats fine."  - CCP t0rfifrans 

Anomaly One
Doomheim
#985 - 2013-11-12 13:36:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Anomaly One
welp...

Never forget. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8sfaN8zT8E http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l_ZjVyRxx4 Trust me, I'm an Anomaly. DUST 514 FOR PC

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#986 - 2013-11-12 13:43:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Kagura Nikon
Kristoffon vonDrake wrote:
CCP Rise wrote:
Again, I will say that the concerns about ammo swapping are completely valid and I've talked to my team and we can hopefully address that sometime after Rubicon.

So why is it that in Iceland half-assed jobs are acceptable? What happened to do it right or don't? That is the equivalent of me taking my car to a car wash and getting it back full of dirt on the right side and the person telling me "oh don't worry from the left it looks ok the next time you bring it in we'll wash it fully"

Now you get why they lost 80% of their economy value in 2008? Math would have supported them to have lower leverage on their banks... but noo.. the "we are amazing and invincible, immune to math and common sense " feeling made them sunk their entire country .

The only change I ever saw ccp change not long after an expansion was stabber falloff bonus ( and surprise they had to change exactly to what the community was saying to be needed).

RIP: Rapid Launchers
RIP: Tempest
RIP: Command ships as combat vessels

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Moonaura
The Dead Rabbit Society
#987 - 2013-11-12 13:48:35 UTC
Kagura Nikon wrote:
CCP Rise wrote:

Now you get why they lost 80% of their economy value in 2008?

And have the fastest growing economy in Europe now? Ergo. Does not compute.

"The game is mostly played by men - 97%. But 40% of them play as women... so thats fine."  - CCP t0rfifrans 

FistyMcBumBasher
State War Academy
Caldari State
#988 - 2013-11-12 13:50:32 UTC
I do not know whether these changes will be good or bad, but suggesting them 7 days before Rubicon hits is too short notice in my opinion and will lead to a lack of valuable feedback.

Like all suggested changes, they should be put onto the test server for a minimum of two weeks to a month before they can even be considered going live.

Allowing players to alter the explosion radius/velocity/flight time of themselves and opponents seems like the better option in my opinion.
Nova Satar
Pator Tech School
#989 - 2013-11-12 13:51:09 UTC
i can vaguely see the idea but this, but it's a bad one in my opinion. if you are trying to bring in some sort of ASB style dps system then all it is going to do is promote ganks and blobs even more for the struggling solo and small gang pvpers, which has been outlined numerous times in this thread already.

yes i understand it could be thought of in the reverse way, giving somebody high dps to make a few kills and get out but thats not the way this is going to work out.

Stop listening to CSM input as it is completely moronic, they do not represent the people they are effecting/disrupting the most. It's just alliance popularity contests.

As mentioned on here previously, if this is not 100%, tested and perfected, then don't release it. having to put in comments basically saying you realise it is bodged and will address it later is ridiculous. The game has enough broken mechanics on the fix list as it is, don't add anymore.
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#990 - 2013-11-12 13:53:50 UTC
Moonaura wrote:
Kagura Nikon wrote:
CCP Rise wrote:

Growing from near zero is very easy. Every extra million represents a huge percentage! Irrelevant sicne they were considered the most " developed" country in world just before the crisis.

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#991 - 2013-11-12 13:54:54 UTC
FistyMcBumBasher wrote:
I do not know whether these changes will be good or bad, but suggesting them 7 days before Rubicon hits is too short notice in my opinion and will lead to a lack of valuable feedback.

Like all suggested changes, they should be put onto the test server for a minimum of two weeks to a month before they can even be considered going live.

Allowing players to alter the explosion radius/velocity/flight time of themselves and opponents seems like the better option in my opinion.

There's no lack of "valuable feedback". CCP Rise got all the feedback he was interested in. The rest of it was not valuable to him and was thus hand-waved away.
Moonaura
The Dead Rabbit Society
#992 - 2013-11-12 13:59:27 UTC
Kagura Nikon wrote:
Moonaura wrote:
Kagura Nikon wrote:
CCP Rise wrote:

Growing from near zero is very easy. Every extra million represents a huge percentage! Irrelevant sicne they were considered the most " developed" country in world just before the crisis.

To be honest, I sort of like that Iceland actually put its bankers in jail, created a new, democratically evolved constitution, and decides to sensibly declare bankruptcy over crippling its tax payers that did nothing wrong for generations just to repay the IMF, while equally being screwed over a barrel for having to do so. Good for them.

None of this however, will make RLML any better.

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#993 - 2013-11-12 14:02:32 UTC
Moonaura wrote:

To be honest, I sort of like that Iceland actually put its bankers in jail, created a new, democratically evolved constitution, and decides to sensibly declare bankruptcy over crippling its tax payers that did nothing wrong for generations just to repay the IMF, while equally being screwed over a barrel for having to do so. Good for them.

YEah.. my comment was about the pre crisis iceland ( pun intended with pre crisis DC universe :P and overpowered and nerfed superheros launchers :P)

Volstruis
Mise en Abyme
Caldari Alliance
#994 - 2013-11-12 14:09:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Volstruis
Sorry for upsetting you CCP RIse. You'll find that when you blatantly ignore people and make bad decisions they tend to push back.

I can't help but wonder what the heck is going on here. The player base is saying as a collective we are losing patience and confidence in your work. CCP should listen to this.

I miss the eve of two years ago when some ships were bad, some were good, and the only thing that really needed balancing was the Dramiel.

EDIT: And the Worm. Which you haven't even looked at yet.

EDIT2: Ohwait, I forgot, you nerfed the Worm by reducing it's resist bonus'.
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#995 - 2013-11-12 14:12:56 UTC
Moonaura wrote:

No, but it's a better use of our posts than wasting keystrokes attempting to discuss something that will not be listened to by a dev who will not admit he's treating the symptoms rather than the disease, is forcing a radical change directly to TQ without any stopover on SiSi, admits this change has a glaring flaw that can't be fixed in time for release and still refuses to delay even as much as Rubicon 1.1 for playtesting and fix-finding.

I would expect this from a Free-to-Play Korean MMO publisher. Not from CCP.

Angelus Ryan
One Ronin
#996 - 2013-11-12 14:14:01 UTC
Yep. As expected. Rise, your credibility is gone.

I won't bother to offer any more insightful feedback to any feature you develop. It isn't a great loss, I am sure, but I've had enough.

Moonaura
The Dead Rabbit Society
#997 - 2013-11-12 14:14:21 UTC
Yeah, that is what gets in my claw - I'm basically paying to beta test this whole mechanic.

S1euth
United Caldari Navy
United Caldari Space Command.
#998 - 2013-11-12 14:15:30 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
I'll cut to the chase and say that the conclusion is to go ahead with the change, with the understanding that it needs to be carefully looked at following release.

If your determined to move forward with a 40 sec reload, then increase clip capacity to 80-90 seconds. 90 seconds is barely any time on grid, but enough time for some one to catch you. Increasing the clip capacity will enable RML players to choose to stay on the field rather than run away because the remaining damage in their clip is worth staying.

Because of how the game works, the decision for 50 seconds of pew pew time will almost always be to run away if it appears your going to be tackled within 20-30 seconds of landing on grid. As a pilot, knowing the right choice is almost always going to be running away is not a fun mechanic. Moving the pew pew time from 50 seconds to 90 seconds will at least give the player a reasonable choice and choices are fun.
Katrina Oniseki
Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#999 - 2013-11-12 14:18:10 UTC
Chessur wrote:
Most of the CSM trash are 0.0 political bloc leaders, that have no relevant PvP experience- outside of blobs.

Tell me more about your trash CSM, 0.0 bloc member.

Maybe you shouldn't vote your own people into the CSM if you're so unhappy with them?

Katrina Oniseki

HazeInADaze
Safari Hunt Club
#1000 - 2013-11-12 14:18:56 UTC
This change feels like a hail mary to address the imbalance between missiles without putting in the work to fix the core problems with missiles.