These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rubicon] Rapid Missile Launchers - v2

First post First post First post
Author
Justin Cody
War Firm
#4121 - 2014-03-10 18:00:15 UTC
Vincintius Agrippa wrote:
If your main complaint is fire and forget than you should further read my post in the new rapid launcher thread that ccp nerzilla aka king of the un thought out ideas aka ccp rise started. I explain how the missile mechanics are flawed and unrealistic. I explain how missiles should function how fighter pilots use them. Meaning that players should have to maneuver there ships to give their missile the best flight path to their target. Someone who flies stupidy would see there missile overshoot or turn too hard and loose lock. Missile pilot would have to do something to inflict damage. Turrets users should be happy about this change as well.

Let me guess...you like the GURPS roleplaying system and Alternity. Your method is overly complicated and pointless. Good job at over-thinking it person-who-has-no-clue on what re-inventing an entire combat system would entail for no good reason.

I think you took a torpedo to the brain stem.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#4122 - 2014-03-10 18:22:14 UTC
If we're going to start entertaining the prospect of transversal and angular velocity entering into the equation, then we need to revisit missile damage application in its entirety - as well as the possibility of critical hits. In this scenario, I think it's a case of "better the devil you know".

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Justin Cody
War Firm
#4123 - 2014-03-10 18:28:52 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
If we're going to start entertaining the prospect of transversal and angular velocity entering into the equation, then we need to revisit missile damage application in its entirety - as well as the possibility of critical hits. In this scenario, I think it's a case of "better the devil you know".

no one is talking about that. I think this is all in your head man.
Justin Cody
War Firm
#4124 - 2014-03-10 18:33:34 UTC
Justin Cody wrote:
Vincintius Agrippa wrote:
If your main complaint is fire and forget than you should further read my post in the new rapid launcher thread that ccp nerzilla aka king of the un thought out ideas aka ccp rise started. I explain how the missile mechanics are flawed and unrealistic. I explain how missiles should function how fighter pilots use them. Meaning that players should have to maneuver there ships to give their missile the best flight path to their target. Someone who flies stupidy would see there missile overshoot or turn too hard and loose lock. Missile pilot would have to do something to inflict damage. Turrets users should be happy about this change as well.

Furthermore there is no reason that 30-40,000 years in the future that pilots who are cyber-jacked into their ships should need to fire missiles in the same fashion that a 21st century fighter pilot does.

The size of our ships even at the smallest are like 20th century frigates and destroyers in scale. They should function with our sensor suite...being that if the target it locked our systems are tracking said target and relaying telemetry to the missile while in flight. LOS is'nt a problem in space by and large. As for but hey what about multiple targets...we have skills allowing us as pilots to manage more targets effectively. If I want I can split my launchers to 1 per target and that is ok.

EVE is a sci-fi sim so please don't go projecting modern flight sim mechanics onto it. Maybe for EVE Valkyrie you have a point. But that is another game altogether.
Sgt Ocker
What Corp is it
#4125 - 2014-03-10 23:47:24 UTC
Justin Cody wrote:
Arthur Aihaken wrote:

no one is talking about that. I think this is all in your head man.
I think you need to find a better attitude, the one your using is really bad.

Actually read the post you responded to - "having pilots maneuver to give their missiles the best flight path to target" - is getting transversal and velocity correct so your missiles hit.

"being that if the target it locked our systems are tracking said target and relaying telemetry to the missile while in flight"

I agree 100% - so why do missiles in Eve suck so much. Light missile, ok Cruise missile, ok.. Everything else bad or just usable.

My opinions are mine.

If you don't like them or disagree with me that's OK.- - - - - - Just don't bother Hating - I don't care

It really is getting harder and harder to justify $23 a month for each sub.