These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Live Events Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Did CCP actually do that?

Author
JwintooX
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2013-11-08 03:14:25 UTC
Survival of the fittest and you highsec pubbies failed, now go back mining and be quiet........ O yea welcome to EvE
Johnathan Severasse
Dixon Cox Butte Preservation Society
United Federation of Conifers
#22 - 2013-11-08 04:12:27 UTC
JwintooX wrote:
Survival of the fittest and you highsec pubbies failed, now go back mining and be quiet........ O yea welcome to EvE


Pets are not allowed to talk here.
Tilly Delnero
Licorne Ventures Ltd.
#23 - 2013-11-08 04:15:38 UTC
First CCP removes the 'event' from 'live event' by being oblivious to TiDi for hours before quitting fleet and going silent, then CFC and RZR remove the 'live' for good measure.

Seems CCP does play EVE after all. /golfclap

CCP: if you wanted people to stop asking for live events, you could have just said as such rather than AWOXing the entire fleet y'know. Lol
Sushi Nardieu
The Generic Pirate Corporation
#24 - 2013-11-08 04:18:02 UTC
KuroVolt wrote:
Surely you dont think CCP was joking, OP?


Please don't.

The Guns of Knowledge 

Landon Dallocortt
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2013-11-08 04:19:45 UTC
I don't know how it could have been seen as anything BUT a bunch of high-sec players massing against a bunch of low-sec players since there were call to arms for both parties. I TiDi'd halfway there and decided I'd never get there. Slow motion warps only looked cool the first hundred times you've seen it.
JwintooX
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2013-11-08 04:26:45 UTC
Johnathan Severasse wrote:
JwintooX wrote:
Survival of the fittest and you highsec pubbies failed, now go back mining and be quiet........ O yea welcome to EvE


Pets are not allowed to talk here.


Sorry thought PL and N3 were pulling the strings when you got evicted sounds like a pet to me, what's it like following in our legacy as a FW alliance?
Nartel Vortok
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2013-11-08 04:31:50 UTC
Johnathan Severasse wrote:
JwintooX wrote:
Survival of the fittest and you highsec pubbies failed, now go back mining and be quiet........ O yea welcome to EvE


Pets are not allowed to talk here.


UghUghUghUgh
ALI Virgo
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#28 - 2013-11-08 04:39:32 UTC
Tor Saani wrote:
I was watching the stream from work as I sadly couldn't participate but did CCP seriously just round up everyone in empire and lead them directly into the CFCs staging systems with no warning or support?

Honestly though anyone who pays attention to what is going on in Eve should have seen that it was a CCP/Dev AWOX once you started moving. That area has literally thousands of CFC pilots staging for the war effort. Any idiot should have known there was no way you were getting through that pipe.

Not cfc but razor staging my staging lol :)
ALI Virgo
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#29 - 2013-11-08 04:41:01 UTC
Elfi Wolfe wrote:
Maybe the event was to show the Empires dieing to the null sec alliances. What next? Goons taking over Gallente empire?

Made it to system but 2/3 of fleet die on the way. Made it back to empire in pod after running 5 gate camps.

they could had un aggressed an burned back to gate. the ones that stayed in sendaya many of them attacked station and died to npc guns lol
ALI Virgo
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#30 - 2013-11-08 04:43:51 UTC
Lipbite wrote:
FC said "jump [into 0.0 system]", I turned my ship 180 degrees and jumped back to high-sec instead. I was 100% sure it was a trap. 200+ ships in the fleet popped needlessly - along with ~800 more ships in other fleets.

Now I feel myself like an oracle (+ some guilt for leaving fleet instead of trying to stop them). However it's pretty simple to predict outcome of CCP's actions since Incarna: you just have to assume they'll fail in the hardest way possible.

lol nice. you could have fought as one and lived. warp to gate to zero after you send outa scout. get dash board. all jump hold cloke call primary aligin pew pew pew..etc ya know noob stuff
ALI Virgo
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#31 - 2013-11-08 04:44:37 UTC
ALI Virgo wrote:
Lipbite wrote:
FC said "jump [into 0.0 system]", I turned my ship 180 degrees and jumped back to high-sec instead. I was 100% sure it was a trap. 200+ ships in the fleet popped needlessly - along with ~800 more ships in other fleets.

Now I feel myself like an oracle (+ some guilt for leaving fleet instead of trying to stop them). However it's pretty simple to predict outcome of CCP's actions since Incarna: you just have to assume they'll fail in the hardest way possible.

lol nice. you could have fought as one and lived. warp to gate to zero after you send outa scout. get dash board. all jump hold session timer call primary aligin pew pew pew..etc ya know noob stuff

ALI Virgo
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#32 - 2013-11-08 04:45:47 UTC
Landon Dallocortt wrote:
I don't know how it could have been seen as anything BUT a bunch of high-sec players massing against a bunch of low-sec players since there were call to arms for both parties. I TiDi'd halfway there and decided I'd never get there. Slow motion warps only looked cool the first hundred times you've seen it.

low sec try null sec sir. null sec are not pirates. but sov holders
ALI Virgo
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#33 - 2013-11-08 04:49:04 UTC
Panhead4411 wrote:
My main greivance was the fact that for most of the ppl who were in one of the "staging" systems an hour or two BEFORE the event....were not even able to get to the event before it was over.

I only managed to get 4 jumps away from the second 'staging' before i called it quits after nearly three hours of TiDi'd warp/jumps.

Pretty much wasted my day...to play the slow-mo version of 'Warp Online'.

we were in staging system for last 3 months what where we bridge out pl and bl bridges out. it was nothing compared to us tackling supers and titian for 5 hours and having servers crash on us/ Welcome to nul sec eve sir. at times we have to wait 30 m to jump into systems of tidi and burn through bubbles and hostiles to fight and kill. just the basics.
ALI Virgo
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#34 - 2013-11-08 04:52:27 UTC
Peter Dostoevsky wrote:
Toshiro Ozuwara wrote:
So CCP Awoxed the highsec pubbies. Well done CCP, there is hope for you yet.


I was hoping that at least a few would make it into 8V- so that I could ***** on kills in a stealth bomber.

Alas, I was only able to ***** on the Brave Newbies fleet.


Sb can be fun burn ahead of fleet bomb and kill any bubbler on your way. create perches for fleet. sorry for your loss of your bomber but if you played your cards right you could have been an important factor. the bombers bar kept 100 sb in doril fr considerable time
Starain
SoT
DarkSide.
#35 - 2013-11-08 05:10:58 UTC
Arrowhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fqAIjcb-fk
DarkSide.+Gorgon Empire+Bright Side of Death vs Everyone and The Backstabbers^W Unthinkables
Gathering all the pain on the way from heaven to hell: Sarum Prime - Doril - Hemin - RMOC-W
Despite of fact that my ship is dead, that our fleet was backstabbed - at the end of video, time dilation from 5 to 25%, lags - it was COOL!

1. http://kb.ds-alliance.com/battle/b9596/
2. http://kb.ds-alliance.com/battle/b9599/
3. http://kb.ds-alliance.com/battle/b9600/

Soundtrack:
1. Sagisu Shiro - The Ultimate Soldier ("EVANGELION:3.0"YOU CAN(NOT)REDO. DISC1)
2. Sagisu Shiro - Bataille d'Espace ("EVANGELION:3.0"YOU CAN(NOT)REDO. DISC2)
Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2013-11-08 05:27:14 UTC
Tor Saani wrote:
I was watching the stream from work as I sadly couldn't participate but did CCP seriously just round up everyone in empire and lead them directly into the CFCs staging systems with no warning or support?

Honestly though anyone who pays attention to what is going on in Eve should have seen that it was a CCP/Dev AWOX once you started moving. That area has literally thousands of CFC pilots staging for the war effort. Any idiot should have known there was no way you were getting through that pipe.


Those that might be tired of high sec might actually like what happened even if they died in a ball of fire. Those that didn't will remain in the relative safety of high sec.
Lipbite
Express Hauler
#37 - 2013-11-08 05:27:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Lipbite
ALI Virgo wrote:
Lipbite wrote:
FC said "jump [into 0.0 system]", I turned my ship 180 degrees and jumped back to high-sec instead. I was 100% sure it was a trap. 200+ ships in the fleet popped needlessly - along with ~800 more ships in other fleets.

Now I feel myself like an oracle (+ some guilt for leaving fleet instead of trying to stop them). However it's pretty simple to predict outcome of CCP's actions since Incarna: you just have to assume they'll fail in the hardest way possible.

lol nice. you could have fought as one and lived. warp to gate to zero after you send outa scout. get dash board. all jump hold cloke call primary aligin pew pew pew..etc ya know noob stuff


There weren't too many primary calls because null fleets had spies: they knew exact names of our FCs and popped them instantly. Also they knew exactly when and where our scouts were at any given moment.

Whole thing became un-fun right when devs suggested to jump 33 systems away from Jita. When they've suggested to jump into null it turned into trap so obvious and stupid that people couldn't believe their own common sense (which says "CCP's only motivation is selling you more GTCs to compensate your time and ISK losses, you shouldn't trust them").
Elfi Wolfe
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2013-11-08 05:29:39 UTC
Caviar Liberta wrote:


Those that might be tired of high sec might actually like what happened even if they died in a ball of fire. Those that didn't will remain in the relative safety of high sec.

You mean that we have no chance of wining and just serve to pad your killboard?

"Please point to the place on the doll where the carebear touched you."

Jack Lennox
Grove Street Families
#39 - 2013-11-08 05:38:13 UTC
CCP awox = best awox

+1 for CCP

Been ganked? Robbed? Space feelings hurt?  Now there's something you can do! Fill out a Customer Service Comment Card!  EIther that or contact everyone's favorite Space Detective for an instant ban!

Pinky Feldman
Perkone
Caldari State
#40 - 2013-11-08 05:58:03 UTC
JwintooX wrote:
Johnathan Severasse wrote:
JwintooX wrote:
Survival of the fittest and you highsec pubbies failed, now go back mining and be quiet........ O yea welcome to EvE


Pets are not allowed to talk here.


Sorry thought PL and N3 were pulling the strings when you got evicted sounds like a pet to me, what's it like following in our legacy as a FW alliance?


He's trying to say that without the CFC we wouldn't have been able to take or hold sov in Delve. He knows that from experience since he's in TEST.