These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Can we do something about the idiots in highsec already CCP?

First post First post
Author
Jythier Smith
BGG Wolves
#201 - 2013-11-05 20:41:03 UTC
Yeah, ganking just for being AFK is totally a thing.
Carmen Electra
AlcoDOTTE
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#202 - 2013-11-05 20:43:37 UTC
Skeln Thargensen wrote:
Carmen Electra wrote:
What on earth are you on about? No one's going to gank your frigate or shuttle unless you're carrying something worth stealing.


oh it happens. i can't post the KM because of 'rules.'

you can eve-kill me and find it though. most pitiful bounty payout ever lol.


Of course there are rare instances of someone getting bored and deciding they want to pew something random and gankable, but for the most part, you can autopilot in high sec without getting ganked as long as there's no interesting modules or cargo. As an experiment, hop in an empty shuttle & clone and just set a 100 jump route through high sec. I'd be willing to bet you make it to your destination safely. It's not a 100% thing, but chances are still pretty good.
GreasyCarl Semah
A Game as Old as Empire
#203 - 2013-11-05 20:45:13 UTC  |  Edited by: GreasyCarl Semah
baltec1 wrote:
EVE is the only MMO to do nothing but grow for a decade.
This is like bragging about all the pennies you found over the last ten years. Big deal. The fact of the matter is that the game could multiply the playerbase with some simple grooming. But of course then the forums would fill up with crybabies talking about how the game is being dumbed down. As if the playerbase isn't already the domain of dimwits.
Skeln Thargensen
Doomheim
#204 - 2013-11-05 20:53:59 UTC
Carmen Electra wrote:
course there are rare instances of someone getting bored and deciding they want to pew something random and gankable, but for the most part, you can autopilot in high sec without getting ganked as long as there's no interesting modules or cargo. As an experiment, hop in an empty shuttle & clone and just set a 100 jump route through high sec. I'd be willing to bet you make it to your destination safely. It's not a 100% thing, but chances are still pretty good.


probably most of the time but i recall someone did the same with low sec and was dying of laughter at not getting killed.

it's just more likely these days because in my year or so of play I've never seen high sec so bad for this, it's like an epidemic of 5th generation copycats.

but who i am to judge, here i am skulking around in a C5 looking for a juicy loot pinata.

quality over quantity tho.

forums.  serious business.

Meilandra Vanderganken
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#205 - 2013-11-05 20:55:46 UTC
Ryhss wrote:
To Be Me wrote:
Yes you said it right, this is eve online.. Now dont expect it to be rainbow pokemon 2.


And its in the deep roots of eve to fear when you click "connect". You arent supposed to think this is a normal fair game, it is not.


You see ccp permabanned 4 of my accounts for some stupid thing and i didnt cry.

Now go shed your tears away on your moms shoulders


ps: you should also need skills and brains to fit a proper tank in your badger. Same rules applied.

Um, learn to read for fraks sake. He said(multiple times), that he wasn't ganked. I agree with him, most current gankers have no skill. They pic on defenseless(drones don't count) ships. No pvp skills at ll in these type of kills.


The solution here would be: don't be in defenseless ships. I for one, cannot figure out for the life of me why years old miners in years old specialized mining corps don't fit their exhumers properly (you know, with at least a basic tank) and don't have vast flocks of ECM drones out and/or have ECM boats/instalocking high DPS combat ships around.

The almost complete lack of ECM drones is what surprises me most, I think I'm not exagerating when I say that 99% of miners don't carry them while they may be one of the most effective ways to fumble a gank. Yes yes, when 10 catalysts jump your single exhumer those aren't going to save you but the thruth is that most barges/exhumers die to solo/dual gankers.

On top of that: a large portion of the gankers are at least as terrible as a large poriton of the miners, I see plenty of really poorly executed ganks (often failing) with crap fitted ships. Wrong damage types, using t1 instead of named mods, not bringing enough DPS. That means they either did not scan their target properly or that they did not run the numbers on how much DPS is needed properly or at all.

The bottom line being: it's really, really, really not that hard to stay alive in most cases. Just simply not being the easiest target goes an incredibly long way.

You can ***** about ppl attacking defenseless ships or you can do something about it, such is EVE and it has always been this way. It's a PVP game and if you're gonna completely ignore that simple fact, you're going to die more often. And not even that often, unless you repeatedly ignore gankers and keep flying your same **** fits AFK while local is full of flashy red's for hours....
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#206 - 2013-11-05 20:56:04 UTC
GreasyCarl Semah wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
EVE is the only MMO to do nothing but grow for a decade.
This is like bragging about all the pennies you found over the last ten years. Big deal. The fact of the matter is that the game could multiply the playerbase with some simple grooming. But of course then the forums would fill up with crybabies talking about how the game is being dumbed down. As if the playerbase isn't already the domain of dimwits.


SWG did that, it didn't go too well.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#207 - 2013-11-05 20:58:47 UTC
Grrrrrrrr [insert entity here].









Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

KnowUsByTheDead
Sunlight...Through The Blight.
#208 - 2013-11-05 21:03:32 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Grrrrrrrr [insert entity here].











Possibilities at this point...

-Goons
-SOMER
-Gankers
-Low-SP pilots.....from a vet, I might add.
-Trolls
-The New Order

Who?! Who should it be?!

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

GreasyCarl Semah
A Game as Old as Empire
#209 - 2013-11-05 21:03:35 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
GreasyCarl Semah wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
EVE is the only MMO to do nothing but grow for a decade.
This is like bragging about all the pennies you found over the last ten years. Big deal. The fact of the matter is that the game could multiply the playerbase with some simple grooming. But of course then the forums would fill up with crybabies talking about how the game is being dumbed down. As if the playerbase isn't already the domain of dimwits.


SWG did that, it didn't go too well.


SWG was basically a dog turd that someone had topped with whipped cream and a cherry and called a chocolate sundae. The changes just got you to the bottom much faster.
Richard Ramlrez
Doomheim
#210 - 2013-11-05 21:06:12 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
GreasyCarl Semah wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
EVE is the only MMO to do nothing but grow for a decade.
This is like bragging about all the pennies you found over the last ten years. Big deal. The fact of the matter is that the game could multiply the playerbase with some simple grooming. But of course then the forums would fill up with crybabies talking about how the game is being dumbed down. As if the playerbase isn't already the domain of dimwits.


SWG did that, it didn't go too well.



SWG was a bad game from the start.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#211 - 2013-11-05 21:06:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Solstice Project
This reminds me of something.

Thank you Goons, TEST and you other big entities, for helping defend our game
from the people who ignore reality and only care for themselves.

You are many and your voices count a lot.

Without you, it'd be much harder not to have EvE turned into a boring carebear land
which would die as soon as all these idiots left to kill the next game.


Thank you !
GreasyCarl Semah
A Game as Old as Empire
#212 - 2013-11-05 21:08:08 UTC
Meilandra Vanderganken wrote:

The solution here would be: don't be in defenseless ships. I for one, cannot figure out for the life of me why years old miners in years old specialized mining corps don't fit their exhumers properly (you know, with at least a basic tank) and don't have vast flocks of ECM drones out and/or have ECM boats/instalocking high DPS combat ships around.

The almost complete lack of ECM drones is what surprises me most, I think I'm not exagerating when I say that 99% of miners don't carry them while they may be one of the most effective ways to fumble a gank. Yes yes, when 10 catalysts jump your single exhumer those aren't going to save you but the thruth is that most barges/exhumers die to solo/dual gankers.

On top of that: a large portion of the gankers are at least as terrible as a large poriton of the miners, I see plenty of really poorly executed ganks (often failing) with crap fitted ships. Wrong damage types, using t1 instead of named mods, not bringing enough DPS. That means they either did not scan their target properly or that they did not run the numbers on how much DPS is needed properly or at all.

The bottom line being: it's really, really, really not that hard to stay alive in most cases. Just simply not being the easiest target goes an incredibly long way.

You can ***** about ppl attacking defenseless ships or you can do something about it, such is EVE and it has always been this way. It's a PVP game and if you're gonna completely ignore that simple fact, you're going to die more often. And not even that often, unless you repeatedly ignore gankers and keep flying your same **** fits AFK while local is full of flashy red's for hours....


Absolutely no reason to be in a defenseless ship. Even if the ship is properly fitted you also have to turn the modules on. I have a corp mate who lost a hulk because he didn't run the mods.

What you say about bad gankers is also very true. I have seen four catalysts sacrificed to kill a retriever and that was in a .6 system. I'm not sure how someone can claim to be a bad ass after that sort of showing.
Meilandra Vanderganken
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#213 - 2013-11-05 21:10:16 UTC
Skeln Thargensen wrote:


probably most of the time but i recall someone did the same with low sec and was dying of laughter at not getting killed.

it's just more likely these days because in my year or so of play I've never seen high sec so bad for this, it's like an epidemic of 5th generation copycats.

but who i am to judge, here i am skulking around in a C5 looking for a juicy loot pinata.

quality over quantity tho.


I've autopiloted 10-20 times into low sec on accident, at least half of the time in a blockade runner, in Caldari space, at prime time EUTZ, got killed once. Half of the times I simply made it to my end destination and found myself floating afk at the gate. With other players whizzing by, not caring or suspecting a trap I reckon. Unless you run across a deliberate gate camp (most likely on a high sec gate) chances are that you will be allright even in low sec. let alone high sec.

In all my years I did a lot of AP'ing in shuttles, a lot lot. Never got bothered. I did get several failed gank attempts on my empty or low value cargo blockade runner though. An untanked travel fit blockade runner....
Skeln Thargensen
Doomheim
#214 - 2013-11-05 21:17:52 UTC
Meilandra Vanderganken wrote:
I've autopiloted 10-20 times into low sec on accident, at least half of the time in a blockade runner, in Caldari space, at prime time EUTZ, got killed once. Half of the times I simply made it to my end destination and found myself floating afk at the gate. With other players whizzing by, not caring or suspecting a trap I reckon. Unless you run across a deliberate gate camp (most likely on a high sec gate) chances are that you will be allright even in low sec. let alone high sec.

In all my years I did a lot of AP'ing in shuttles, a lot lot. Never got bothered. I did get several failed gank attempts on my empty or low value cargo blockade runner though. An untanked travel fit blockade runner....


haha, they fear the hot drop. what kind of psychotic flies a BR around uncloaked?

(probably the kind with 50 SB sitting on a blackops BS)

forums.  serious business.

PotatoOverdose
Royal Black Watch Highlanders
#215 - 2013-11-05 21:18:26 UTC
I agree. CCP, in order to reduce load on the server, can you get rid of the idiots that actually die in hisec? Roll
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#216 - 2013-11-05 21:26:14 UTC
Skeln Thargensen wrote:
Carmen Electra wrote:
What on earth are you on about? No one's going to gank your frigate or shuttle unless you're carrying something worth stealing.


oh it happens. i can't post the KM because of 'rules.'

you can eve-kill me and find it though. most pitiful bounty payout ever lol.

Excuse me for interjecting, but if you are ganked while flying a shuttle or frigate that has no value or valuable cargo... why would you care?

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#217 - 2013-11-05 21:29:08 UTC
GreasyCarl Semah wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
GreasyCarl Semah wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
EVE is the only MMO to do nothing but grow for a decade.
This is like bragging about all the pennies you found over the last ten years. Big deal. The fact of the matter is that the game could multiply the playerbase with some simple grooming. But of course then the forums would fill up with crybabies talking about how the game is being dumbed down. As if the playerbase isn't already the domain of dimwits.


SWG did that, it didn't go too well.


SWG was basically a dog turd that someone had topped with whipped cream and a cherry and called a chocolate sundae. The changes just got you to the bottom much faster.


Its a fine example of what happens when you listen to the bears.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#218 - 2013-11-05 21:30:40 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Skeln Thargensen wrote:
Carmen Electra wrote:
What on earth are you on about? No one's going to gank your frigate or shuttle unless you're carrying something worth stealing.


oh it happens. i can't post the KM because of 'rules.'

you can eve-kill me and find it though. most pitiful bounty payout ever lol.

Excuse me for interjecting, but if you are ganked while flying a shuttle or frigate that has no value or valuable cargo... why would you care?


Nobody suicide ganks empty shuttles.
Meilandra Vanderganken
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#219 - 2013-11-05 21:31:45 UTC
GreasyCarl Semah wrote:


Absolutely no reason to be in a defenseless ship. Even if the ship is properly fitted you also have to turn the modules on. I have a corp mate who lost a hulk because he didn't run the mods.

What you say about bad gankers is also very true. I have seen four catalysts sacrificed to kill a retriever and that was in a .6 system. I'm not sure how someone can claim to be a bad ass after that sort of showing.


Not just the fittings, ECM man, ECM!!! Having a flight of ECM drones out while you're afk goes a long way to make any solo ganker think twice.

I recently saw 6 destroyers (3 trasher, 3 cata) fail a gank on a tanked Mackinaw in 0.5 It had an expensive faction mod fitted which they were after but they clearly had no idea what they were doing. It was properly tanked (cept for having a 0.5 billion mod) but not even max tanked.

What made it even more hilarious was that it apparently made the miner very smug. He was out the next day again and started mouthing off in local against another gank squad that got a warp in on his position with an alt and then left again (to reship/switch account to ganker I reckon). He was like: "Yeah, you don't scare me! Can't gank me!". 2 minutes later the killmails went up in local, ship and pod. :D

The loot fairy showed it's appreciation and dropped the module.

As for being a bad ass: I don't think ganking makes you a bad ass, I think there are very few things that make you a bad ass in EVE as lets face it: hardly anyone goes up against bad odds with something of significant value on the line. I do think that blubbering about ganking on forums and denying all the ways to avoid getting killed so easily makes ppl look like idiots though....
Meilandra Vanderganken
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#220 - 2013-11-05 21:38:39 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Skeln Thargensen wrote:
Carmen Electra wrote:
What on earth are you on about? No one's going to gank your frigate or shuttle unless you're carrying something worth stealing.


oh it happens. i can't post the KM because of 'rules.'

you can eve-kill me and find it though. most pitiful bounty payout ever lol.

Excuse me for interjecting, but if you are ganked while flying a shuttle or frigate that has no value or valuable cargo... why would you care?


Nobody suicide ganks empty shuttles.

Dear baltec, for this I will let my first gank on this char be a shuttle, I'll try to make it an empty one but if it's one of those 10 plex autopiloting ones I might go for those.

Thank you for being an inspiration Goons!