These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Either pay up, or .. well you know

First post
Author
Lugalbandak
Lego3
#101 - 2013-10-31 08:23:51 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
Funny how she always doubled the isk of those i personally know.

I always remembered to tell them to not fall for the ...
... "oh sorry for being late, i was busy. have a bonus" ...
... after they sent money the third time.

This is a big reason why people lose money. Their greed lets them forget it's a three-plays-only game.
Idiots should have deserved it, though...

yep , im out of alts but im still plexing one of those tnx to ero

The police horse is the only animal in the world that haz his male genitals on his back

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#102 - 2013-10-31 08:24:08 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:
So, to sum up, the OP

• Accused Erotica 1 of being a scammer, with no evidence
  • Posted manipulated images in an attempt to slander Erotica 1
  • Lied about the result of sending Erotica 1 ISK to be doubled
  • Brought IRL to the game in a nefarious attempt to manoeuvre Erotica 1 into committing an EULA violation, presumably with the goal of having Erotica 1 banned
  • Made IRL death-wishes against Erotica 1

All because of some personal vendetta against a prominent pillar of the community?

Frankly, this is immoral, undeserved harassment. I feel Erotica 1 deserves an apology.

The bolded part really crosses the line, even for EVE. Seriously, this is a video game for Christ's sake.

Quote:
After giving us permission in teamspeak to record the event, which we do to protect all parties in these events from EULA violations, she proceeded (unprompted) to tell us her real name and home address about 6 or 7 times (or more) in rapid succession. She said she was doing this to hope that we get banned from Eve if we posted the recording online

Are we to believe that this is... less of an offense than making someone order a pizza?

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#103 - 2013-10-31 08:36:52 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Benny Ohu wrote:
So, to sum up, the OP

• Brought IRL to the game in a nefarious attempt to manoeuvre Erotica 1 into committing an EULA violation, presumably with the goal of having Erotica 1 banned

All because of some personal vendetta against a prominent pillar of the community?

Frankly, this is immoral, undeserved harassment. I feel Erotica 1 deserves an apology.

The bolded part really crosses the line, even for EVE. Seriously, this is a video game for Christ's sake.

Quote:
After giving us permission in teamspeak to record the event, which we do to protect all parties in these events from EULA violations, she proceeded (unprompted) to tell us her real name and home address about 6 or 7 times (or more) in rapid succession. She said she was doing this to hope that we get banned from Eve if we posted the recording online

Are we to believe that this is... less of an offense than making someone order a pizza?

I am willing to post an edited (with personal info beeped out) version here if the people who recorded it still have the files. We already have the verbal recorded consent from the OP to record, and if I recall, post online. I have nothing to hide. Like I said, we record these for everyone's protection- the client's, mine, and my escrow agents'.

However, I'm also content with just letting the issue drop. I am not in favor of this causing some sort terrible of embarrassment for the OP, which is quite likely based on how I remember it.

Is there any chance we could get a CCP opinion on this matter? Is the OP agreeable?

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#104 - 2013-10-31 08:40:56 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Benny Ohu wrote:
So, to sum up, the OP

Quote:

I am willing to post an edited (with personal info beeped out) version here if the people who recorded it still have the files. We already have the verbal recorded consent from the OP to record, and if I recall, post online. I have nothing to hide. Like I said, we record these for everyone's protection- the client's, mine, and my escrow agents'.

However, I'm also content with just letting the issue drop. I am not in favor of this causing some sort terrible of embarrassment for the OP, which is quite likely based on how I remember it.

Is there any chance we could get a CCP opinion on this matter? Is the OP agreeable?

OP does not give permission to post said recording :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfSDNPFCPfY

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#105 - 2013-10-31 08:43:45 UTC
Quote:
Is the OP agreeable?

Legally, the OP does not have to be. Once permission for a recording has been given, the owner of the file possesses full control over it at that point forward unless specific exemptions were made by the person giving consent to be recorded.

It works the same for a picture. If you ask someone if you can take a picture of them, and they do not say "don't put it on the internet" beforehand, you can do as you please with it.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#106 - 2013-10-31 08:45:14 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Quote:
Is the OP agreeable?

Legally, the OP does not have to be. Once permission for a recording has been given, the owner of the file possesses full control over it at that point forward unless specific exemptions were made by the person giving consent to be recorded.

It works the same for a picture. If you ask someone if you can take a picture of them, and they do not say "don't put it on the internet" beforehand, you can do as you please with it.

Hes not asking to post it on the internet , hes asking to post it on the forums. Legally I cant stop him from posting it on minerbumping.com unless I feel trolled enough to hire a lawyer to send a cease and desist in which case we'd go to court yata yata..

Im simply declining permission to be posted on the forums.

Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#107 - 2013-10-31 08:57:59 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Quote:
Is the OP agreeable?

Hes not asking to post it on the internet , hes asking to post it on the forums. Legally I cant stop him from posting it on minerbumping.com unless I feel trolled enough to hire a lawyer to send a cease and desist in which case we'd go to court yata yata..

The forum is on the internet...

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Maekchu
Doomheim
#108 - 2013-10-31 09:02:59 UTC
I‘d love to hear this recording!

Just censor all the personal data and post it online. I want to hear how "disturbing" this really is. :D
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#109 - 2013-10-31 09:03:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaarous Aldurald
Maekchu wrote:
I‘d love to hear this recording!

Just censor all the personal data and post it online. I want to hear how "disturbing" this really is. :D

Yep. Slap a third party link to pastebin or soundcloud or whatever and it's all nice and legal.

Quote:
Legally I cant stop him from posting it on minerbumping.com unless I feel trolled enough to hire a lawyer

The only thing you'd do by trying that, is to give the lawyer a new story to laugh about when he and his friends are at a bar someday.

Best Meltdown Ever.

oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#110 - 2013-10-31 09:04:16 UTC  |  Edited by: oOReikaOo Michiko
Erotica 1 wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Quote:
Is the OP agreeable?

Up to you to take that risk if you so feel like, I've already declined permission to post it on the forums.

*edit* its not even the content im afraid of lmao , im just self conscious about my voice

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#111 - 2013-10-31 09:08:38 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Erotica 1 wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Quote:
Is the OP agreeable?

Up to you to take that risk if you so feel like, I've already declined permission to post it on the forums.

Authority is not given to you to deny the return of the king.

That being, they wouldn't be putting it on the forums. They'd be putting it on soundcloud. Which you did agree to when you said it could be recorded.

EVE-O has no sound upload feature, they wouldn't be putting squat "on the forums". Fortunately for all of interested in the truth, the distinction stands.

Methink you doth protest too much.

If they do post those files, and they say what I think they'll say, you're in deep ****, you know that, right?

Best Meltdown Ever.

oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#112 - 2013-10-31 09:11:45 UTC
It wont , they are grossly over exaggerating things lol. When I realized I wasn't in the chat to talk about joining the fleet for combat with them, I bombed my address (which im moving from in 2 days) on the chat so that the recording would be useless.

Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#113 - 2013-10-31 09:13:22 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

Hes not asking to post it on the internet , hes asking to post it on the forums. Im simply declining permission to be posted on the forums.

How about if I post it somewhere random on the internet but not the forums and make people go on a quest to find it. Would that be agreeable?

Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#114 - 2013-10-31 09:14:42 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

*edit* its not even the content im afraid of lmao , im just self conscious about my voice

You have a lovely voice. You're just loony.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#115 - 2013-10-31 09:16:34 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
It wont , they are grossly over exaggerating things lol. When I realized I wasn't in the chat to talk about joining the fleet for combat with them, I bombed my address (which im moving from in 2 days) on the chat so that the recording would be useless.

If I recall, you live in Nevada, yes? I studied Cyber-criminal law at UNLV for 2 years. What you did inarguably constitutes blackmail. And unless Erotica1 lives in Nevada too, you've crossed state lines to do it too, which makes it a federal offense.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#116 - 2013-10-31 09:18:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Erotica 1
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

If I recall, you live in Nevada, yes? I studied Cyber-criminal law at UNLV for 2 years. What you did inarguably constitutes blackmail. And unless Erotica1 lives in Nevada too, you've crossed state lines to do it too, which makes it a federal offense.

No, I live near Indianapolis. As I tell the Russian clients... "you know, Indy 500, vroom vroom"

*edit" I don't mind telling people generally where I live either (though I'd personally be weirded out if loony toon here had my address) since I may very well be running for CSM and giving out my name anyway.

Anslo
Scope Works
#117 - 2013-10-31 14:08:36 UTC
Wow this scam advert thread is still going? Teh fuq.

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#118 - 2013-10-31 14:39:37 UTC
Anslo wrote:
Wow this scam advert thread is still going? Teh fuq.

It's advertising something...

Anslo
Scope Works
#119 - 2013-10-31 14:47:20 UTC
Human propensity for being gullible?

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Lugalbandak
Lego3
#120 - 2013-10-31 15:09:47 UTC
dont be inpatience , ero is not some kind of robot/botter , can take a few before she deposits

The police horse is the only animal in the world that haz his male genitals on his back