These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

So how bad did the economy just get screwed by Amazon?

First post First post
Author
J3ssica Alba
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#161 - 2013-10-28 19:22:11 UTC
Come on dump in more plexes, I need to buy a couple and never buy above 550
This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.  Without me, my signature is useless. Without my signature, I am useless
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#162 - 2013-10-28 19:23:15 UTC
Cristl wrote:
Malcanis wrote:

So my question repeats: What. Is. The. Harm?

I'm not doing teenage-mode Malcanis.

It doesn't matter who foots the bill, since the incident was so short and the companies (CCP or Amazon) can easily take such a short-lived cock-up. What matters is that some people, in a competitive game where gametime can be converted to apparatus, have been offered a deal where $100 USD can be converted to five years' worth of gameplay and others must make do with six months.

That's not fair, and not in an 'EVE isn't fair' way. If you still can't see this, then let's just agree to disagree, because I'm off to bed.

Right so it is basically "Billy got 3 scoops of ice cream and I only got 2". Gotcha.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Diomedes Calypso
Aetolian Armada
#163 - 2013-10-28 19:52:09 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Cristl wrote:
Malcanis wrote:

It doesn't matter who foots the bill, since the incident was so short and the companies (CCP or Amazon) can easily take such a short-lived cock-up. What matters is that some people, in a competitive game where gametime can be converted to apparatus, have been offered a deal where $100 USD can be converted to five years' worth of gameplay and others must make do with six months.

That's not fair, and not in an 'EVE isn't fair' way. If you still can't see this, then let's just agree to disagree, because I'm off to bed.

Right so it is basically "Billy got 3 scoops of ice cream and I only got 2". Gotcha.

Yep,

And not unlike a situation of: "I still have my Nyx and my corp mates don't because my Wife wouldn't let me log into the CTA where we got wiped by 20 to 1 odds unexpectedly"

Meta event caused a big in-game swing of ISK-based-Wealth (what's a Nyx worth?)

If you Blame CCP for the actions of their third party vendor.. yes ... that connection is closer than their connection with your wife .... that Comparison is LESS true.. but it is PARTIally applicable.. nothing is black or white... but it isn't a muddled grey either.

The shade of gray is made by a collection and ratio of black to white pixels which are ablsolute .. .some of the pixels point absolutely one way and some ablosultely the other.. how

Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#164 - 2013-10-28 20:00:27 UTC
Wylt Echerie wrote:
???

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Thatt Guy
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#165 - 2013-10-28 21:26:35 UTC
How the **** is this not RMT?

Haters gonna hate, Trolls gonna troll.

Frying Doom
#166 - 2013-10-28 21:41:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Frying Doom
Malcanis wrote:
Cristl wrote:
Malcanis wrote:

Good to see you White Knighting, again.

This is why people don't vote for the CSM. Why do people want to vote for the voice of the people when they just end up as the voice of CCP and its affiliated companies.

Oh and still not talking to children Lol

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#167 - 2013-10-28 21:54:30 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Cristl wrote:
Malcanis wrote:

Good to see you standing up for CCP, again.

This is why people don't vote for the CSM. Why do people want to vote for the voice of the people when they just end up as the voice of CCP.

Apparently a free trip to iceland greases a few palms.

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Captain Tardbar's Voice Discord Server

Kaelen Mosar
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#168 - 2013-10-28 22:11:27 UTC
Id buy a 100 myself if i had seen this.. bloody fak

░░███░███░████░████░█░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░█░░░█░█░█░░█░█░░░░█░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░█░░░█░█░██▀░░█▀▀░░█░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░███░███░█░▀▄░████░████░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Winchester Steele
#169 - 2013-10-28 22:24:15 UTC
Thatt Guy wrote:
How the **** is this not RMT?

Pssst. Wrong thread.

Rekon X
Doomheim
#170 - 2013-10-29 01:26:57 UTC
Wylt Echerie wrote:
Amazon sold an unknown number of 3 packs of plex for $5. They were delivered and plex prices in jita crashed somewhere over 40m each looks like.

Sounds like a good deal.

Definition of goon - a stupid person Those who can do, those who can't spew

Maynard GKrebs
Old School Hipsters
#171 - 2013-10-29 02:54:41 UTC
Having missed this deal I say:

Fsck Amazon, Imma buy my Plex where the commissions support useful services like Dotlan, Eve-Search, or dare I say it, Kugutsumen dot com
Jose Ronald Palasialdana
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#172 - 2013-10-29 03:04:07 UTC
CCP Guard wrote:
Hey everyone.

It appears that Amazon, who operate as a third party re-seller for some of our products, put the wrong price on a package of PLEX and then quickly pulled the offer once the error was discovered.

A few thousand extra PLEX are in circulation as a result which is not enough to cause any significant or lasting impact on the in-game markets.

There shouldn't be any fallout but we'll monitor the situation of course. If you or anyone you know has encountered any problems related to this incident, you are invited to file a support ticket.

Sending my support ticket in now.... I was gone the last 5 days and missed out on this great deal... question.. is there a limit?/ like 5 or 50?!

TY for your support!

Jose Ronald
Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#173 - 2013-10-29 03:08:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Jarod Garamonde
Captain Tardbar wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Cristl wrote:
Malcanis wrote:

Good to see you standing up for CCP, again.

This is why people don't vote for the CSM. Why do people want to vote for the voice of the people when they just end up as the voice of CCP.

Apparently a free trip to iceland greases a few palms.

CCP wasn't at fault, knob. Someone "pressed the wrong button", and hilarity ensued. I am upset that I didn't catch this, but I'll live. Amazon lost tens of thousands of dollars off of this, and a few observant players profited off of it.
What's next? Guys like you and Frying Doom going to blame CCP for 9/11 and the Holocaust? Get a grip, dude.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Frying Doom
#174 - 2013-10-29 06:20:33 UTC
Jarod Garamonde wrote:

CCP wasn't at fault, knob. Someone "pressed the wrong button", and hilarity ensued. I am upset that I didn't catch this, but I'll live. Amazon lost tens of thousands of dollars off of this, and a few observant players profited off of it.
What's next? Guys like you and Frying Doom going to blame CCP for 9/11 and the Holocaust? Get a grip, dude.

Allow me to say

Well Durrrrrr

It is a long running multi thread argument that every time CCP mess up, some members of the CSM always side with the CCP.

Now in this case it was Amazon who was at fault and there is Malcanis again defending everyone but the players.

That is almost a guarantee now, if anything shows CCP or an affiliated company in a bad light we will have the CSM white knight club to the rescue.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#175 - 2013-10-29 06:28:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Malcanis
And it's even more a lock that even when it wasn't CCP that messed up, people who are so addicted to seeking attention through causing drama will try and ignore, distort or simply invent whatever facts or assumptions required to generate the drama that will allow them to lead some kind of children's crusade to do their level best to make it into an issue.

Alternatively, they really could be so genuinely stupid as to not be able to tell the difference between Amazon making a mistake and CCP making a mistake. It seems difficult to believe that someone could truly be that dense, but the internet has long since beaten any capacity I had to feel surprise at the bar being lowered still further in this respect.

So which is it, Frying Doom?

Are you blatantly ignoring the plain facts to somehow pin this error on CCP or are you simply so thick you genuinely believe that this was CCP's doing?

Liar or idiot: we want to know.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Frying Doom
#176 - 2013-10-29 08:42:15 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
And it's even more a lock that even when it wasn't CCP that messed up, people who are so addicted to seeking attention through causing drama will try and ignore, distort or simply invent whatever facts or assumptions required to generate the drama that will allow them to lead some kind of children's crusade to do their level best to make it into an issue.

Alternatively, they really could be so genuinely stupid as to not be able to tell the difference between Amazon making a mistake and CCP making a mistake. It seems difficult to believe that someone could truly be that dense, but the internet has long since beaten any capacity I had to feel surprise at the bar being lowered still further in this respect.

So which is it, Frying Doom?

Are you blatantly ignoring the plain facts to somehow pin this error on CCP or are you simply so thick you genuinely believe that this was CCP's doing?

Liar or idiot: we want to know.

"I can't be bothered to talk to naive children."

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#177 - 2013-10-29 09:03:51 UTC
Liar it is, then.

I knew going into this that there would be people who would deliberately cause damage to the game simply in order to satisfy their addiction to drama.

Is it that you're so bored with the game itself, but have such an empty life otherwise, that you simply have nothing better to do with your time?

Or is it simply some unpleasant sociopathic "because I can" game you're playing, like when you where embarassing Issler and damaging her CSM campaign with your creepy "whiteknighting" stalker games? You know, the ones you play so that you can convince yourself that because people find you annoying and repellent it just proves that you're "getting to them" and "fighting for the cause"?

Why don't you emulate your hero Peotic Stanziel, and cash out? That should suit your taste for being simultaneously dramatic and a huge hypocrite, and you could use the money to do something useful for yourself.

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Baali Tekitsu
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#178 - 2013-10-29 09:14:57 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Liar it is, then.

I knew going into this that there would be people who would deliberately cause damage to the game simply in order to satisfy their addiction to drama.

Is it that you're so bored with the game itself, but have such an empty life otherwise, that you simply have nothing better to do with your time?

Or is it simply some unpleasant sociopathic "because I can" game you're playing, like when you where embarassing Issler and damaging her CSM campaign with your creepy "whiteknighting" stalker games? You know, the ones you play so that you can convince yourself that because people find you annoying and repellent it just proves that you're "getting to them" and "fighting for the cause"?

Why don't you emulate your hero Peotic Stanziel, and cash out? That should suit your taste for being simultaneously dramatic and a huge hypocrite, and you could use the money to do something useful for yourself.

Please refrain from personal attacks etc.

RATE LIKE SUBSCRIBE

Toshiro Ozuwara
Perkone
#179 - 2013-10-29 09:19:42 UTC
Malcanis wrote:

Eve. Is. Real.

Nomad pls.

It didn't take long to locate the tracking beacon, deep inside the quarters for sleepin' They thought they could get away Not today, it's not the way that this kid plays

Frying Doom
#180 - 2013-10-29 09:21:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Frying Doom
For Malcanis, allow me to once again quote you
"I can't be bothered to talk to naive children."