These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

So how bad did the economy just get screwed by Amazon?

First post First post
Author
Baali Tekitsu
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#221 - 2013-10-29 14:53:06 UTC
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:

If you don't understand what I said, then you're the one who needs a dictionary.

Charlatan: one who deliberately spreads false rumors, misleading information, and outright lies in order to attempt to discredit one person, group, or entity, and/or exalt himself.

That fits you, to a T, in this entire thread, Skippy.

And you forgot to punctuate that sentence. So...... yeah. Zip it.

You got that definition from where exactly?

From the fact that it actually is the definition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlatan
Quote:
A charlatan (also called swindler or mountebank) is a person practicing quackery or some similar confidence trick in order to obtain money, fame or other advantages via some form of pretense or deception.

It isnt.

RATE LIKE SUBSCRIBE

Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#222 - 2013-10-29 14:53:37 UTC
Gothikia wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Gothikia wrote:
Why the hell were you guys selling Plex on Amazon in the first place? Mintchip's idea amirite?

How in the nine circles of Hell is that a bad idea?

And what the hell does Mintchip have to do with any of this? She's a DUST Dev, not an EVE Dev.

(PS: not white-knighting... just hate suckerpunches aimed at uninvolved people. That being said, I like her YouTube personna, but I am witholding judgement on her as a CCP employee until I see anything to judge her for. Because right now, she's a cute redhead with a decent YouTube show and some questionable comments about EVE)

Totally white-knighting. It's called a humorous dig, y'know, that thing people do in jest? Lighten up buddy, you might still get your chance!

I've already had more than my share of redheads. I am a generous soul, so I have retired from my former profession of dancing with fire, and settled down with a nice, nerdy brunette. It's time for someone else to step up and take my place as Chief Flametamer.
But thanks for having faith in me. :p

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Frying Doom
#223 - 2013-10-29 14:54:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Frying Doom
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:

If you don't understand what I said, then you're the one who needs a dictionary.

Charlatan: one who deliberately spreads false rumors, misleading information, and outright lies in order to attempt to discredit one person, group, or entity, and/or exalt himself.

So you just made it u like most of the crap you said.

You might want to look it up as I do not remember practicing quackery or some similar confidence trick in order to obtain money, fame or other advantages via some form of pretense or deception.

I will add punctuation to my sig just for you.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Baali Tekitsu
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#224 - 2013-10-29 14:55:04 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Soooo… why is this thread at 12 pages when the first three were pretty much completely void of meaningful posts and the only real (but very minor) issue was resolved on page 4?

Because some people are desperate to make real world definitions, rules, and regulations work in a fictional universe, apply to fictional assets, and pertain to fictional currency... while the rest of us can't resist watching the train wreck of logic happen.

I think youre the only one who thinks this way.

RATE LIKE SUBSCRIBE

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#225 - 2013-10-29 14:55:08 UTC
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Gothikia wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Gothikia wrote:
Why the hell were you guys selling Plex on Amazon in the first place? Mintchip's idea amirite?

And what the hell does Mintchip have to do with any of this? She's a DUST Dev, not an EVE Dev.

(PS: not white-knighting... just hate suckerpunches aimed at uninvolved people. That being said, I like her YouTube personna, but I am witholding judgement on her as a CCP employee until I see anything to judge her for. Because right now, she's a cute redhead with a decent YouTube show and some questionable comments about EVE)

Totally white-knighting. It's called a humorous dig, y'know, that thing people do in jest? Lighten up buddy, you might still get your chance!

I've already had more than my share of redheads. I am a generous soul, so I have retired from my former profession of dancing with fire, and settled down with a nice, nerdy brunette. It's time for someone else to step up and take my place as Chief Flametamer.

I must decline personally. Gentlemen prefer blondes. Smile

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Gothikia
#226 - 2013-10-29 14:56:42 UTC
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Gothikia wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Gothikia wrote:

Anytime good buddy o7

<3 Gothie

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#227 - 2013-10-29 14:57:08 UTC
Baali Tekitsu wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Soooo… why is this thread at 12 pages when the first three were pretty much completely void of meaningful posts and the only real (but very minor) issue was resolved on page 4?

Because some people are desperate to make real world definitions, rules, and regulations work in a fictional universe, apply to fictional assets, and pertain to fictional currency... while the rest of us can't resist watching the train wreck of logic happen.

Quote:
I need a high post count per day for my ego.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#228 - 2013-10-29 14:57:15 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Gothikia wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Gothikia wrote:

I must decline personally. Gentlemen prefer blondes. Smile

Meh. (American) Blondes are boring.

[#savethelance]
Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#229 - 2013-10-29 14:59:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Jarod Garamonde
Frying Doom wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:

I do not remember practicing quackery or some similar confidence trick in order to obtain money, fame or other advantages.

Re-read everything you have said in this thread.
Because, now you're lying about why you're lying.

Besides.... stop threadjacking. I already changed the subject to redheads. Keep up with the times, Bucky.

[#savethelance]
Baali Tekitsu
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#230 - 2013-10-29 15:00:04 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Baali Tekitsu wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Tippia wrote:

Quote:
I need a high post count per day for my ego.

I dont think both things are contrary to each other

RATE LIKE SUBSCRIBE

Varius Xeral
Doomheim
#231 - 2013-10-29 15:01:20 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
You might want to look it up as I do not remember practicing quackery or some similar confidence trick in order to obtain money, fame or other advantages.

You are absolutely a fraudster looking for internet spaceships forum fame that will never come. It fits.

Official Representative of The Nullsec Zealot Cabal

Frying Doom
#232 - 2013-10-29 15:01:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Frying Doom
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Besides.... stop threadjacking. I already changed the subject to redheads. Keep up with the times, Bucky.

Redheads god no...Every one I ever dated had a massive temper, that and the wife would kill me Lol

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Dasola
New Edens Freeports
#233 - 2013-10-29 15:02:08 UTC
I just remembered something. Do sent ccp have tons of those confiscated plexes from botters and isk sellers? What if, just if ccp decided to sell some of that stockpile throw amazon? We go all these Plexes, maybe we could resell them again for IRL money...

We are Minmatar, Our ship are made of scraps, but look what our scraps can do...

Cristl
#234 - 2013-10-29 15:03:10 UTC
I shouldn't go for the troll-bait, but I feel maligned, and someone on the internet is wrong...

Malcanis wrote:

Right so it is basically "Billy got 3 scoops of ice cream and I only got 2". Gotcha.

So, having had your arguments (“10% plex deals for a select few are fine and could never impact the economy”) torn apart, and your smoke-screen tangents ("the fault is Amazon's, not CCP's") snuffed out, you're just going to cop-out and utter the reply above, despite my earlier statement:

Cristl wrote:
...I am not simply being covetous...

Wow. So basically the last-gasp of your argument is “you're lying” (or you don't know what covetous means, I suppose). How fantastic. Bravo.

Nothing to counter my actual argument that in a competitive game you mustn't favour one individual or group over others with wealth or power. Nothing against arbitrary special offers based on geography and luck. No, that's just fine. If people in a chess club are given extra pieces that's irrelevant – what counts is by whom they were awarded: “An extra rook on g8 by CCP? Fine. An extra bishop on b2 by Amazon? How dare you!”.

A truly ridiculous argument. Again, the only saving grace in this story is its limited scope.
Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#235 - 2013-10-29 15:03:13 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:

Redheads god no...Every one I ever dated had a massive temper, that and the wife would kill me Lol

Scared of fire, there, Mulder?

[#savethelance]
Frying Doom
#236 - 2013-10-29 15:07:48 UTC
Varius Xeral wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
You might want to look it up as I do not remember practicing quackery or some similar confidence trick in order to obtain money, fame or other advantages.

You are absolutely a fraudster looking for internet spaceships forum fame that will never come. It fits.

Yay internet forum fame, oh the wonder that would be.Roll

Frying Doom
#237 - 2013-10-29 15:09:21 UTC
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:

Hell yeah.

I like blondes, well auzzie ones but I would never go near a readhead again.

Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#238 - 2013-10-29 15:09:43 UTC
There are better ways to become EVE famous. I did it by being funny.

[#savethelance]
Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#239 - 2013-10-29 15:11:40 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:

Hell yeah.

I like blondes, well auzzie ones but I would never go near a readhead again.

There is absolutely nothing to be afraid of. Trust me. I have lots of first-hand experience.

[#savethelance]
Frying Doom
#240 - 2013-10-29 15:16:17 UTC
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
There are better ways to become EVE famous. I did it by being funny.

I have no want to be famous, I just want to play a game that doesn't suck, developed by a company that isn't involved with shady businesses or trying to bleed the players dry, with a CSM that actually act like the voice of the people.

It doesn't sound like that much but apparently I am asking for the world.