These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

So how bad did the economy just get screwed by Amazon?

First post First post
Author
Toshiro Ozuwara
Perkone
#181 - 2013-10-29 09:26:29 UTC
I am posting unironically on an internet spaceships forum about my feelings and my emotions.

It didn't take long to locate the tracking beacon, deep inside the quarters for sleepin' They thought they could get away Not today, it's not the way that this kid plays

Texcoyo
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#182 - 2013-10-29 09:27:24 UTC
Many people missed out on this messup by amazon, myself included. But I am not at all mad or blaming CCP for something they had no control over. This exact situation is like this, for the hard-headed:

Joe buys a car for $10,000 from Ford

Joe then sells the car on randomsalesite

Joe has fat fingers and puts it up for $1000

Bill buys car immediately for $1000

Ford still recieved $10k for car, Joe lost money for not double checking his sale price, and bill scored a huge deal. Asking Joe to buy another car for $10k and resell for $1000 because everyone couldn't cash in this deal is selfish, and obviously dumb.

Ford=CCP, Joe=Amazon, Bill= Players that got a good deal on plex.

Malcanis is not defending CCP, he is simply stating the truth of the situation.
Toshiro Ozuwara
Perkone
#183 - 2013-10-29 09:29:49 UTC
MALCANIS WORKS FOR FORD OMG.

It didn't take long to locate the tracking beacon, deep inside the quarters for sleepin' They thought they could get away Not today, it's not the way that this kid plays

Frying Doom
#184 - 2013-10-29 09:33:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Frying Doom
Texcoyo wrote:

You are correct he is not defending CCP just one of its affiliated businesses, what I was pointing out was that when ever there has been a crisis involving CCP or its affiliated businesses, members of the CSM step in and White Knight.

Lets face it CCP stuffs up members of the CSM White Knights.
Somer does things in violation to the EULA, members of the CSM White Knights
Amazon stuffs up members of the CSM White Knights.

As to Malcanis speaking the truth, well the truth on his ability to speak the truth would be classed as a personal attack.

As I posted in a thread obout a month ago in Jita park. All some members of the CSM ever seem to do is release a letter stating what ever action was wrong and then they start White Knighting for it.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Protovarious
The Neocom Network
#185 - 2013-10-29 09:36:52 UTC
The fact that some braindead mouth breathers are pouring tears like a geyser and turning Amazon's mistake into rage toward CCP and the CSM is beyond the highest definition of hilarity.

Butthurt trolls are demanding satisfaction that they weren't in the right place at the right time.

CCP has clarified the issue.

Butthurt trolls continue.

CSM tries to inject some fair-minded input.

Butthurt trolls rage at CSM.

**** this...pass the popcorn. Pirate

Co-host of The Neocom Podcast - http://www.TheNeocom.com

Eve Community Blogger - The Eve Editorial - http://eveeditorial.wordpress.com

Twitter: @Proto_Eve

Protovarious
The Neocom Network
#186 - 2013-10-29 09:39:47 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Texcoyo wrote:

You are correct he is not defending CCP just one of its affiliated businesses, what I was pointing out was that when ever there has been a crisis involving CCP or its affiliated businesses, members of the CSM step in and White Knight.

Lets face it CCP stuffs up members of the CSM White Knights.
Somer does things in violation to the EULA, members of the CSM White Knights
Amazon stuffs up members of the CSM White Knights.

As to Malcanis speaking the truth, well the truth on his ability to speak the truth would be classed as a personal attack.

As I posted in a thread obout a month ago in Jita park. All some members of the CSM ever seem to do is release a letter stating what ever action was wrong and then they start White Knighting for it.

...ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!

Prince Kobol
#187 - 2013-10-29 09:41:06 UTC
Protovarious wrote:
The fact that Frying Doom is pouring tears like a geyser and turning Amazon's mistake into rage toward CCP and the CSM is beyond the highest definition of hilarity.

Frying Doom is demanding satisfaction that they weren't in the right place at the right time.

CCP has clarified the issue.

Butthurt Frying Doom continues.

CSM tries to inject some fair-minded input.

Butthurt Frying Doom rages at CSM.

**** this...pass the popcorn. Pirate

Big smile
Frying Doom
#188 - 2013-10-29 09:42:31 UTC
Protovarious wrote:

...ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!

Fail....Chewbacca visited Endor, he did not live there.

So no Chewbacca defense for you.Lol

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Frying Doom
#189 - 2013-10-29 10:02:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Frying Doom
Baali Tekitsu wrote:
Please refrain from personal attacks etc.

Given some of his wonderful and ensightful posts to date, are you surprised that personal attacks is all he has to offer.

We have had such wonderful penmanship such as:

" I can't be bothered to talk to naive children."
"Whatever. I'm done talking about this."
"CCP have been giving special award ships for a long, long time. Why is it suddenly a problem now"
"Sorry, no. Consequences."

And who can forget "*sips mojito"

Absolutely stellar performance,
CSM White Paper wrote:
CSM REPRESENTATIVE CONDUCT
Any behavior or actions considered being a material breach of the EULA or TOS by a CSM Representative is
grounds for immediate dismissal and permanent exclusion from all pending and future participation in the
council. There are no exceptions, regardless of the infraction. Representatives are not only expected to uphold the social contract that all society members are held accountable to, but should also set a behavior standard for everyone else to follow.

emphasis mine.

Good to see that personal attacks are the behavior everyone else should follow.Lol

Protovarious
The Neocom Network
#190 - 2013-10-29 10:48:36 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:

"CCP have been giving special award ships for a long, long time. Why is it suddenly a problem now"

#1 - There's a difference between personal attack and calling a spade, a spade. Attitude was reflective of an immature brat.

#2 - Don't feed the trolls. My response would've been far worse.

#3 - A legitimate question. Your attempt to use this as a talking point to prove your case shows you have no legitimate or reasonable answer.

#4- Nope, none.

As for the mojito; If I was CSM and had to deal with this community, I'd be drinking alot more than mojitos.

Take your poor attempt at using reflective listening and go back to trolling 4chan.

Kirryan
Steel Winters Stellar Enterprises
#191 - 2013-10-29 10:52:54 UTC
Herr Esiq wrote:
And why screwing over EU customers again with new PLEX deals for Americans only? Holy crap, its like they arent learning.

You got so many international resellers use them, not Amazon every time.

This.

It feels like CCP has been repeatedly kicking me in the teeth lately. (Scorpions / SOMER / Non-EU sales) arbitrary groups of people getting leg-ups in a game I've been working hard at for years :(
Protovarious
The Neocom Network
#192 - 2013-10-29 10:55:26 UTC
Kirryan wrote:
Herr Esiq wrote:
And why screwing over EU customers again with new PLEX deals for Americans only? Holy crap, its like they arent learning.

You got so many international resellers use them, not Amazon every time.

This.

It feels like CCP has been repeatedly kicking me in the teeth lately. (Scorpions / SOMER / Non-EU sales) arbitrary groups of people getting leg-ups in a game I've been working hard at for years :(

Yes. Cause IshScorps are SUCH a leg up.

Frying Doom
#193 - 2013-10-29 10:57:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Frying Doom
Protovarious wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:

#1 - There's a difference between personal attack and calling a spade, a spade. Attitude was reflective of an immature brat.

#2 - Don't feed the trolls. My response would've been far worse.

#3 - A legitimate question. Your attempt to use this as a talking point to prove your case shows you have no legitimate or reasonable answer.

#4- Nope, none.

As for the mojito; If I was CSM and had to deal with this community, I'd be drinking alot more than mojitos.

Take your poor attempt at using reflective listening and go back to trolling 4chan.

Joy another 0.0 alt joins the fight. You could just come out and say your a malcanis supporter.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#194 - 2013-10-29 10:59:17 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Baali Tekitsu wrote:
Please refrain from personal attacks etc.

Given some of his wonderful and ensightful posts to date, are you surprised that personal attacks is all he has to offer.

We have had such wonderful penmanship such as:

CSM White Paper wrote:
CSM REPRESENTATIVE CONDUCT
Any behavior or actions considered being a material breach of the EULA or TOS by a CSM Representative is
grounds for immediate dismissal and permanent exclusion from all pending and future participation in the
council. There are no exceptions, regardless of the infraction. Representatives are not only expected to uphold the social contract that all society members are held accountable to, but should also set a behavior standard for everyone else to follow.

emphasis mine.

Good to see that personal attacks are the behavior everyone else should follow.Lol

I tell the truth. Try following that behaviour standard maybe?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Frying Doom
#195 - 2013-10-29 11:02:30 UTC
[quoI tell the truth. Try following that behaviour standard maybe?[/quote]

Yes wonderful truth, it also shows you have absolutely no idea.

Protovarious
The Neocom Network
#196 - 2013-10-29 11:03:15 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:

Joy another 0.0 alt joins the fight. You could just come out and say your a malcanis supporter.

If you'd bother to look at someone's history before you foolishly opened your trap again, you'd see a 34mil sp main who has had several 0.0, WH, and high-sec marks on his resume.

I support reason and sanity. Of which, you seem to have neither.

Frying Doom
#197 - 2013-10-29 11:05:32 UTC
Protovarious wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:

If you'd bother to look at someone's history before you foolishly opened your trap again, you'd see a 34mil sp main who has had several 0.0, WH, and high-sec marks on his resume.

Protovarious wrote:
I just came back from a six month hiatus from EvE and you know what, I'm sick to death of hearing this crap. Just because someone can't kick someone else in the ding-ding in Empire without a wardec.

Most of my experience is in 0.0. I actually grew up there. So don't think that I don't know what I'm talking about here. I have experienced the struggles in Delve, Pure Blind, and other border regions to major player empires. I've enganged in battles against BoB and Goonswarm, but have also found myself fighting along side of them at times.

Protovarious
The Neocom Network
#198 - 2013-10-29 11:11:07 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Protovarious wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:

Protovarious wrote:
I just came back from a six month hiatus from EvE and you know what, I'm sick to death of hearing this crap. Just because someone can't kick someone else in the ding-ding in Empire without a wardec.

Most of my experience is in 0.0. I actually grew up there. So don't think that I don't know what I'm talking about here. I have experienced the struggles in Delve, Pure Blind, and other border regions to major player empires. I've enganged in battles against BoB and Goonswarm, but have also found myself fighting along side of them at times.

We're all anxiously awaiting your point with bated breath...

Baali Tekitsu
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#199 - 2013-10-29 11:11:41 UTC
Malcanis wrote:

I tell the truth. Try following that behaviour standard maybe?

You need to tell him how he has no life, that'll show him!

RATE LIKE SUBSCRIBE

Dasola
New Edens Freeports
#200 - 2013-10-29 11:31:39 UTC
Nice deal, too bad i missed it.

But anyways. This all just proves that luck favors the bold sometimes. And mistyping happens even in real life market not just eve's virtual one..

How ever i'm curious how bad lose Amazon gathered on this...

We are Minmatar, Our ship are made of scraps, but look what our scraps can do...