These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Eve is not a sandbox

Author
Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#81 - 2013-10-26 00:24:01 UTC
You have those rules, so you can play in the sand how CCP want you to play. Now be a good boy and build some sandcastles so others can kick them.
Johan Civire
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#82 - 2013-10-26 00:25:35 UTC
Cool now what OP ? you have playing to many World of Womans.
Xen Solarus
Furious Destruction and Salvage
#83 - 2013-10-26 01:05:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Xen Solarus
I'd be interested to hear what the OP thinks a sandbox is exactly, as far as he is concerned. EvE comes as close as it can!

If PvP experience is what you're after, go and join Red vs Blue. You'll learn alot that way, without having to worry about losing anything expensive.

Post with your main, like a BOSS!

And no, i don't live in highsec.  As if that would make your opinion any less wrong.  

Nicolai Serkanner
Incredible.
Brave Collective
#84 - 2013-10-26 01:09:14 UTC
Xen Solarus wrote:
I'd be interested to hear what the OP thinks a sandbox is exactly, as far as he is concerned.

A sandbox is a box with sand in it.
Xen Solarus
Furious Destruction and Salvage
#85 - 2013-10-26 01:10:35 UTC
Nicolai Serkanner wrote:
Xen Solarus wrote:
I'd be interested to hear what the OP thinks a sandbox is exactly, as far as he is concerned.

A sandbox is a box with sand in it.

Well, thats your opinion. I was asking for his. Lol

Post with your main, like a BOSS!

And no, i don't live in highsec.  As if that would make your opinion any less wrong.  

Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#86 - 2013-10-26 03:03:29 UTC
Weeze88 Roman wrote:
If anyone says this game is a sandbox then they don't know what sandbox means. If rules apply (especially rules that they make so vague that know one actually knows what the rule covers) Then it's not a sandbox. Point #1 They will lock this thread so no one else can put their 2 cents about it in. Point #2 Try to figure out what tricking a noob into pvp is. Because there is no straight answer. They make it up as they go along. Some more points people.

I don't know if your right, but its all we got.

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

Nexus Day
Lustrevik Trade and Travel Bureau
#87 - 2013-10-26 04:05:34 UTC
A sandbox has boundaries, hence box being in the name. Sometimes the sand goes over the side. Doesn't make it not a sandbox.
Weeze88 Roman
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#88 - 2013-10-26 05:03:19 UTC
Malcolm Shinhwa wrote:
Weeze88 Roman wrote:
If anyone says this game is a sandbox then they don't know what sandbox means. If rules apply (especially rules that they make so vague that know one actually knows what the rule covers) Then it's not a sandbox. Point #1 They will lock this thread so no one else can put their 2 cents about it in. Point #2 Try to figure out what tricking a noob into pvp is. Because there is no straight answer. They make it up as they go along. Some more points people.

I don't know if your right, but its all we got.

Sadly,It seems to me a sandbox is just that. Don't start adding rules just because you don't like the way the sandbox is headed. Let it find its own way. Who cares about people in trial accounts. They keep changing and adding rules to fit noobs. We were all noobs once and we still play. Lets hold their hands and give them green buttons to protect them. Take away can baiting because some people think its bad to trick new player. Thats all bull! I loved can baiting!! Whats next, goto check a war targets age first make sure you got the right blue or grenn button then ya got to shake after??
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#89 - 2013-10-26 05:08:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Weeze88 Roman wrote:
Who cares about people in trial accounts.
The developer, who relies on them to keep giving you your game. Oh, and every larger group in the game since that's where they find the manpower to dominate those who dismiss people on trial accounts…

Quote:
They keep changing and adding rules to fit noobs.
Not really, no. You just never took the time to learn them.
Violet Crumble
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#90 - 2013-10-26 05:44:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Violet Crumble
Weeze88 Roman wrote:
I guess maybe I'm a little angry I got warned for something yet I have no Idea why. I'm a paying customer and it seems like the want to protect the incoming players more than peeps like us who pay already and have been for some time. I don't think an action should be allowed to happen so easily mechanically if they don't want you to do it. Or at least be very clear on what it is they don't want you to do. Protecting one group over another is not a sandbox. For crying out loud if I'm yellow in couster that does not mean I'm tricking noobs into pvp. There are many reasons to be yellow in couster. Like how about trying to get a duel without being jumped by a guy who has 50 logi with him. In couster a guy like me who is trying to learn pvp couster is helpfull. Ps i dont mean to kill noobs but sometimes they attack me.

ok theres my rant, anyone got any helpfull thoughts?

So let me guess, you did something in Couster to deliberately make yourself suspect so that you would be attacked (and repeatedly did it)?

Stupid and dumb. If you want to play stupid highsec baiting tactics, go do it at Dodixie where at least you'll run into some experience people to shoot you.

You should be warned for that type of baiting.

But really, if you want to learn pvp, then go learn pvp against people who want to pvp and not against people who just don't understand the game mechanics fully because thy have just jumped into a ship for the first time.

For example, go over to Old Man Star, it's only 5-6 jumps away, and hop into a FW plex. You'll learn pvp far more effectively there than you will by baiting new players at Couster.

Funtime Factory - We put the fun back in funtime

NightCrawler 85
Phoibe Enterprises
#91 - 2013-10-26 06:04:09 UTC  |  Edited by: NightCrawler 85
Fast look on a KB and it appears you killed 14 (might be a bit off on the numbers) ships/pods in Couster and a couple in Cistuvaert (granted the last one could have been war targets, which is still a semi "no no".

If you "accidentally" flagged your self once, ok i can see that, but with those numbers its pretty obvious that its not accidental.
But, lesson learned i guess? At least you only got a warning so be happy about that Smile
Bloody Slave
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#92 - 2013-10-26 08:30:55 UTC
I have a sandbox on my backyard, sometimes I trow my kids there and they start playing, building roads and castles until my neighbor's kids join and one of them (that is like -10 sec status) start to kick the roads, tunnels, castles, teeth, whatever he wants to.

Most of the times my poor kids come to me crying and complaining about how bad and vicious that creature is...

Got it? It resembles something?

Google translator will not do a great job on all these posts of ours here, you know, if you manage to translate what I said you will realize it means nothing to you, believe me.

English is not my native language as well and I don't understand 90% of the threads here, mostly GD (read my signature).

If your balls are hurt and bleeding don't sit in a pool full of piranhas (note to myself: don't complain in GD)

Arduemont
Rotten Legion
#93 - 2013-10-26 08:53:36 UTC
Eve may not be a hardcore sandbox game in the truest sense of the word. Sure, it's not Minecraft, but true sandbox games like that have heavy development restrictions after the short term.

The closest you could ever get Eve to a true sandbox would be to remove all the NPCs (CONCORD included), make gates manufacturable and destroyable (make all the things destroyable), and various other things. The game wouldn't function that way. Hence the rules.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Tollen Gallen
Glory of Reprisal Enterprise
#94 - 2013-10-26 09:16:07 UTC
Lots of kiddies throwing sand at each other, and crying when another toddler takes thier toy....

Pretty sure thats a sandbox..

The EVE sandbox working as intended.

Zimmy Zeta - I f*cking love martinis. the original ones, with gin, not that vodka martini crap. Your old Friends can use me for 7 days, free!!!

Rhivre
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#95 - 2013-10-26 10:28:40 UTC
Weeze88 Roman wrote:

Sadly,It seems to me a sandbox is just that. Don't start adding rules just because you don't like the way the sandbox is headed. Let it find its own way. Who cares about people in trial accounts. They keep changing and adding rules to fit noobs. We were all noobs once and we still play. Lets hold their hands and give them green buttons to protect them. Take away can baiting because some people think its bad to trick new player. Thats all bull! I loved can baiting!! Whats next, goto check a war targets age first make sure you got the right blue or grenn button then ya got to shake after??

Yes. I too can see no problem with removing the griefing of new player rules, this would in no way lead to smartbombing the undock of the spawn station before players even get their first ship.
Himnos Altar
An Errant Venture
#96 - 2013-10-26 11:02:21 UTC
Johan Civire wrote:
Cool now what OP ? you have playing to many World of Womans.

World of Womans is another thing entirely. Some of them literally mutilate themselves so they can kill you better. Don't believe me? Looks up Amazons and their Boobectomies.

Boobieectomies.

Boobyectomies?

heh.
Richard Ramlrez
Doomheim
#97 - 2013-10-26 14:28:53 UTC
Weeze88 Roman wrote:
Ps every noob I ever killed got his money back +, But the funny thing is some of them kill me,lol. Fighting solo as a new pvper is brutal. Put a place out there for me plz, heck I have put loads of money into EVE, why not protect me to??

How about quitting the game? You will be protected from crying in EVE about how unfair it is that you can't lure newbies into attacking you.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#98 - 2013-10-26 15:05:20 UTC
Weeze88 Roman wrote:
Who cares about people in trial accounts.

Wow. This reveals all we need to know to not take you seriously for one second about anything. Sheesh.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#99 - 2013-10-26 15:07:33 UTC
Too Many Rules Now... Maybe It was a Sandbox back in the day but not now.

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

flakeys
Doomheim
#100 - 2013-10-26 15:15:13 UTC
Weeze88 Roman wrote:

First off locking this has no meaning to the game being a sandbox or not.The game is a sandbox , the forums is more like a trashbin.

Secondly , stop tricking newbs into pvp ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.