These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

In-Game Events and Gatherings

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Somer just got stopped

Author
Rainbow Dash
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2013-10-26 18:16:54 UTC
Katarina Reid wrote:
Rainbow Dash wrote:
Considering CCP is doing their best to protect Somer's business, I imagine they'll declare this against the TOS.

If they didn't, it would certainly hurt Somer's business, and therefore hurt CCP.

But im trying to sell 21k worth of gtc's ive done 1.6k so far. Think that might be good for CCP.


We shall see. Also, if you're having issues with time code sites, would it be possible to use Amazon? They give you 10% back on "Game Downloads Products", which should be comparable.

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/associates/join/landing/referralfees.html
Carrey Winter
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#42 - 2013-10-26 18:40:31 UTC
Not to mention that PLEX prices will drop hard due to the massive influx of new PLEXes that people would not have bought previously.

Thanks!
Eip Enaid Animaknip
Doomheim
#43 - 2013-10-26 19:14:12 UTC
Katarina, are you still doing this?

If you can, log on plse. I've got some cash rewards saved up on a C/C I figure I'll liquidate with this. :)
Memnon Shepard
The Occupation.
#44 - 2013-10-26 19:26:25 UTC
Rainbow Dash wrote:
Considering CCP is doing their best to protect Somer's business, I imagine they'll declare this against the TOS.

If they didn't, it would certainly hurt Somer's business, and therefore hurt CCP.


I'm not sure they're expressly out to protect SOMER, and if this still pushes/entices PLEX sales CCP shouldn't have an issue with it on financial grounds. The only issue I could see is the direct transfer of ISK, but that could be solved with a silly and unnecessary conversion of KATARINABUX to ISK for PLEX in the future as SOMER currently employs. Also, if CCP hasn't gotten around to addressing the people asking for input by now (Katarina well in advance of posting the link, people interested in purchasing, Markee himself) they'll be showing up embarrassingly late to the game to cancel the rewards transfers.
Visinthien
Bearded BattleBears
#45 - 2013-10-26 19:50:48 UTC
Katarina Reid wrote:
On the site markeedragon i cant say how but my affilates orders went to a different account and he's trying to sort it. Because markeedragon thinks my offer could be against to TOS he does not want me to use his affilate system at this time. He has a email in with CCP to see if its ok to do business with me. Both things are going to take time to sort.

Is markeedragon the owner of Shattered Crystal? Or a second, separate site?
JamDunc
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#46 - 2013-10-26 22:16:47 UTC
I wonder if the big alliances will get into this. I can imagine the goons being able to make quite a bit of legitimate RMT cash out of this.
DNSBLACK
Dirt Nap Squad
#47 - 2013-10-26 23:27:48 UTC
Olive branch is all that I ask for; Yet you sit by and watch Pandora's box get slowly opened. If this is the future of eveonline then so be it.
Rosewalker
Khumaak Flying Circus
#48 - 2013-10-26 23:52:39 UTC
Visinthien wrote:
Katarina Reid wrote:
On the site markeedragon i cant say how but my affilates orders went to a different account and he's trying to sort it. Because markeedragon thinks my offer could be against to TOS he does not want me to use his affilate system at this time. He has a email in with CCP to see if its ok to do business with me. Both things are going to take time to sort.

Is markeedragon the owner of Shattered Crystal? Or a second, separate site?


Markee Dragon is a separate site. He actually founded Shattered Crystal, but lost it in a divorce.

The Nosy Gamer - CCP Random: "hehe, falls under the category: nice try, but no. ;)"

Rosewalker
Khumaak Flying Circus
#49 - 2013-10-26 23:54:55 UTC
Katarina Reid wrote:
Kamylia wrote:
Katarina Reid wrote:
On the site markeedragon i cant say how but my affilates orders went to a different account and he's trying to sort it. Because markeedragon thinks my offer could be against to TOS he does not want me to use his affilate system at this time. He has a email in with CCP to see if its ok to do business with me. Both things are going to take time to sort.


But the Somer Blink affiliate code is still working?


yes


Just had a thought. Has anyone actually, you know, contacted Markee Dragon about this whole SOMER thing?

D'oh!

The Nosy Gamer - CCP Random: "hehe, falls under the category: nice try, but no. ;)"

Ptrum
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#50 - 2013-10-27 01:37:42 UTC
Guessing it would be somewhere along the lines of, "we just sell the GTC then send reference numbers and commission to SOMER, what ever they do with it is their business"
Katarina Reid
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#51 - 2013-10-27 02:16:09 UTC
Ptrum wrote:
Guessing it would be somewhere along the lines of, "we just sell the GTC then send reference numbers and commission to SOMER, what ever they do with it is their business"


Ok i was sleeping back to business. I tried to convince markeedragon that me and somer where the same.
Rosewalker
Khumaak Flying Circus
#52 - 2013-10-27 02:28:48 UTC
I contacted Shattered Crystal and received a reply from the Chief Operating Officer, Dennis Hutchinson.

Dennis Hutchinson wrote:

As far as I can see he is doing nothing different than one of our previous affiliates, http://cogdev.net/blink/ . If there is anything he is doing wrong, please let me know.


Very interesting,

The Nosy Gamer - CCP Random: "hehe, falls under the category: nice try, but no. ;)"

Eip Enaid Animaknip
Doomheim
#53 - 2013-10-27 02:43:18 UTC
Katarina Reid wrote:
Ptrum wrote:
Guessing it would be somewhere along the lines of, "we just sell the GTC then send reference numbers and commission to SOMER, what ever they do with it is their business"


Ok i was sleeping back to business. I tried to convince markeedragon that me and somer where the same.


Im sure you're being spammed with convos, but I would hugely appreciate it if you accepted mine. ;)
Concurro
Sacred Templars
#54 - 2013-10-27 02:44:36 UTC
Thank you for the very prompt payment.

You made my day!
Rosewalker
Khumaak Flying Circus
#55 - 2013-10-27 03:10:26 UTC
DNSBLACK wrote:
Olive branch is all that I ask for; Yet you sit by and watch Pandora's box get slowly opened. If this is the future of eveonline then so be it.


The scary thing is that these threads are not being locked. And the one time your thread was locked, it was for trolling, not RMT.

The Nosy Gamer - CCP Random: "hehe, falls under the category: nice try, but no. ;)"

Jmam Amanananal
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#56 - 2013-10-27 03:23:37 UTC
Just another happy customer posting. Bought 2 GTC's, received 1b.

Good service. You should actually fly your Ishukone Watch Scorpions, when you get them, in FW. Would be trolly fun Smile
Heria Liberia
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#57 - 2013-10-27 04:09:28 UTC
legit 2 x GTC received 1 bill
Seth Goa'Uld
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#58 - 2013-10-27 05:12:37 UTC
Can confirm Recived isk after 5x 60day GTC purchase.

http://gyazo.com/c4f87a305116020ff54ab337a428fafb
Concurro
Sacred Templars
#59 - 2013-10-27 06:33:32 UTC
I received my isk and bonus isk!

Great guy to chat with..
Rokafeller
Rokafeller Umbrella Corporation
#60 - 2013-10-27 07:27:22 UTC
ETC's bought, bonus ISK received, smooth as butter.
Awesome service. Many thanks.