These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Loot Spew 4 Months Later

First post
Author
Sexy Cakes
Have A Seat
#41 - 2013-10-30 11:42:43 UTC
Lady Naween wrote:
I hate minigames. very rarely have I enjoyed a mini game within a game, last time was.. eh.. chocobo riding in final fantasy seven. yeah that long ago. and back then I was young and dumb.


Chocobo riding \o/

Not today spaghetti.

Kaivar Lancer
Doomheim
#42 - 2013-11-12 16:02:38 UTC
Went back to exploring again. The hacking mini-game is tolerable.

But man, the loot spew at the end is immersion breaking. You have to zoom out REALLY far to see all the cans, and squint as you move your cursor over each pixel, err I mean "can", looking for the right one to loot. And heaven forbid if you play Eve via a wireless or network connection, since the lag can cost you precious seconds and a few cans.

Horrible.
Jacque Custeau
Knights of the Minmatar Republic
#43 - 2013-11-12 17:30:22 UTC
I have been doing this for two months, I agree with what everyone is saying about the loot spew. I would like to also to point out the following:

1- In COSMOS/Drug sites, the cans are located inside dust clouds that obscure the view of the loot spew. In my opinion they simply did not test this inside dust clouds or other plex 'decor' options

2- Some items like reactions have been spotted in Equipment, Material and Data containers. Much harder to snatch up

3- Same mini-game for hacking and archeology means that one of them is just a huge time sink.
Thane Shimaya
Ascendance
Goonswarm Federation
#44 - 2013-11-13 06:33:02 UTC
I despise it. Exploring sites used to be an enjoyable pass-time for me. No longer...

Well. This changes things...

Vrykolakasis
Sparrowhawks Corp
#45 - 2013-11-13 09:17:20 UTC
I tested out the hacking mini game for the first time, didn't like it but didn't hate it, but abandoned the whole exploration thing after the loot spew.
Capt Amer'ca
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#46 - 2013-11-13 17:54:56 UTC
Absolutely hate it.

If players were getting too much loot before, why not just reduced the amount of loot in relic and data sites instead of punishing us with this repetitive strain injury inducing "mini-game" ?
Batelle
Filthy Peasants
#47 - 2013-11-13 17:59:30 UTC
anyone having trouble with loot spew, I've found better results using this method:

1. cargo scan, identify if you need to grab data cans or not.
2. click on parts cans. When one is tractoring, identify the next part can to queue it up.
3. Search for other parts cans, or materials if you're in a relic.
4. For the last few cans only, start double clicking or pulsing your prop mod to get them.

Still annoying as hell, and only remotely justified as some kind of anti-botting thing.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Higgs Foton
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#48 - 2013-11-14 00:29:21 UTC
mini game is ok, loot spew needs to go. Irritating as hell. Just do minigame and grap lewtz from container.
Ssabat Thraxx
DUST Expeditionary Team
Good Sax
#49 - 2013-11-14 00:35:26 UTC
Higgs Foton wrote:
mini game is ok, loot spew needs to go.


qft

\m/ O.o \m/

"You're a freak ..." - Solecist Project

Gigabyte m3
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#50 - 2013-11-18 16:07:04 UTC
Ssabat Thraxx wrote:
Higgs Foton wrote:
mini game is ok, loot spew needs to go.


qft




Agree, the let spew adds nothing good to the game. Only aggravation. CCP FIX THIS TRAVESTY! X
Princess Bride
Corripe Cervisiam Trade Consortium
#51 - 2013-11-18 16:25:48 UTC
Exploration GOOD.
Mini-game okay.
Loot spew BAD.

http://eveprincessbride.wordpress.com/

Kaivar Lancer
Doomheim
#52 - 2013-11-19 06:15:38 UTC
The worse part is when cans spew out close to each other and it's near-impossible to check / click each separate can. Very bad design.
Auduin Samson
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#53 - 2013-11-19 07:21:40 UTC
I agree. The mini game is kind of nice to the point that it actually feels like you're accomplishing something instead of just waiting for a cycle to succeed. The loot spew is horrific though.
Ryu BullFrog
Singularity Expedition Services
Singularity Syndicate
#54 - 2013-11-19 08:50:31 UTC
it's said in the 2nd rubicon developtment video that spew mechanics will be out u guys know if it is only for ghost sites or is it for all?
Dato Koppla
Did he say Jump
#55 - 2013-11-19 08:57:18 UTC
Ryu BullFrog wrote:
it's said in the 2nd rubicon developtment video that spew mechanics will be out u guys know if it is only for ghost sites or is it for all?


Only for ghost sites.
Silmas Feanarius
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#56 - 2013-11-19 09:03:52 UTC
I sound out of line, but I'd say I don't find the loot spew as strain-inducing and a stress generator as many seem to find. Could have something to do with playing Eve with a good mouse and on a 22-inch widescreen?
Personally I have other issues with the loot spew, e.g.: most of the cans are meaningless, both in data and relic sites. In data sites it goes like this:
- If the can had blueprints in it, pick a couple data containers.
- grab ALL the parts!
- ...and the parts ONLY, ignore the rest.
- if you didn't catch all decryptors/datacores, and/or if you have time left, grab some equipment, there's the remote possibility something is in there too.

In relic sites, on the other hand, it goes like this:
- If the can had blueprints in it, pick a couple data containers.
- grab ALL the parts!
- ...and the parts ONLY, ignore the rest (for now).
- if you didn't catch all juicy T2 salvage, and/or if you have time left, grab some materials.
- ???
- PROFIT!

...unless there are some spatial attunemet units in the mix, in that case (AFTER you're done with data and parts) you'd want to grab any and all containers within reach.

Can you spot the similarities?
I did a month of exploration, which is probably not statistically relevant, but not too few either, and I found all containers except data and parts to be virtually worthless.
Maybe something has to be done about this.
Another useful thing would be a skill which extends the lifespan on mini cans. I believe such a skill will be added in future expansions? Read about it somewhere, but can't remember where.

I have more issues with the hacking mini game, but that has his own thread.

Need more well-formatted linking.

Swearing in Sardinian.

Kaivar Lancer
Doomheim
#57 - 2013-11-19 13:11:23 UTC
Silmas Feanarius wrote:
I
Another useful thing would be a skill which extends the lifespan on mini cans.


I'm sure there's an implant that extends can life by 5 seconds.
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#58 - 2013-11-19 14:48:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Infinity Ziona
Silmas Feanarius wrote:
I sound out of line, but I'd say I don't find the loot spew as strain-inducing and a stress generator as many seem to find. Could have something to do with playing Eve with a good mouse and on a 22-inch widescreen?
Personally I have other issues with the loot spew, e.g.: most of the cans are meaningless, both in data and relic sites. In data sites it goes like this:
- If the can had blueprints in it, pick a couple data containers.
- grab ALL the parts!
- ...and the parts ONLY, ignore the rest.
- if you didn't catch all decryptors/datacores, and/or if you have time left, grab some equipment, there's the remote possibility something is in there too.

In relic sites, on the other hand, it goes like this:
- If the can had blueprints in it, pick a couple data containers.
- grab ALL the parts!
- ...and the parts ONLY, ignore the rest (for now).
- if you didn't catch all juicy T2 salvage, and/or if you have time left, grab some materials.
- ???
- PROFIT!

...unless there are some spatial attunemet units in the mix, in that case (AFTER you're done with data and parts) you'd want to grab any and all containers within reach.

Can you spot the similarities?
I did a month of exploration, which is probably not statistically relevant, but not too few either, and I found all containers except data and parts to be virtually worthless.
Maybe something has to be done about this.
Another useful thing would be a skill which extends the lifespan on mini cans. I believe such a skill will be added in future expansions? Read about it somewhere, but can't remember where.

I have more issues with the hacking mini game, but that has his own thread.

I think it should be more random. Just eject the cans as generic cans. Then its pure pot luck whether you get good stuff or crap. Horrible idea you probably think, but I think it'd get rid of a lot of the whiners (they don't like non-consistent non-perfect un-reliable ticks) and leave exploration for the people who enjoy that score! feeling.. while increasing the value of the stuff you do loot as its availability would decrease dramatically.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Existential
State War Academy
Caldari State
#59 - 2013-11-19 15:50:35 UTC
I personally like the loot spew....

Said no one ever. It is a very annoying mechanic, who the hell thought of this?
Julius Priscus
#60 - 2013-11-19 15:52:48 UTC
anyone able to confirm if all loot spewing is now gone???