These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I for the life of me dont understand.

Author
oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#121 - 2013-10-18 13:29:51 UTC
Lady Areola Fappington wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

YOu wont be saying that when CCP goes the way of every other MMO creator.. F2P

And, we reach the unavoidable end of the unrepentant carebear argument, "EVE is dying". Disregard the steady sub growth, EVE is/will die because of (insert thing I don't like).

2 years , we can revist this conversation in 2 years when SC comes out, and then 1 of two things will happen

You will go "Hasnt put a dent in our subscriptions, told you"

or

You will go "****"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfSDNPFCPfY

Frying Doom
#122 - 2013-10-18 13:30:11 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Good.

EVE is better off with our such weakness.

Enjoy bumping PvPers because that will be all that is leftLol

Nope, i'll still be here too.

Enjoy minerals should be worth a fortune.Lol

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Zane Lowe
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#123 - 2013-10-18 13:30:49 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

Go ahead.. kill people.. u have like 70% of the map dedicated to doing JUST that.. why do u need the last 30%?

If I want to kill people, and we've already established that I have, then why on earth would I not go to the place where the vast majority of the populace are fat, self satisfied sheep? Predators go where the prey are.

I'd ask you why you seem to think that 30% shouldn't have PvP. This isn't something where you get to have your area, and I get to have mine. That's WoW style, that's Trammel. That's bad.

Come SC that mentality is gonna cost u new players.. and i dont care how many oldfags or bittervets there are, this game will bleed.

Good.

Which is what would happen if hisec becomes totally safe. Seriously, the massive amount of entitlement people like you have is why people hate hisec carebears.
Aedh Phelan
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#124 - 2013-10-18 13:31:15 UTC
Yes this topic comes up a lot and yes by defenders too...

Because, other MMO's have done what you want and the player driven economy is destroyed. This is a barrier to new players, so no new subs = decline in the game.

Because CCP provided environment and mechanics and leaves it to the playerbase to create the content. Call it a sandbox or a litterbox as you see fit. Working as intended.

Because the hisec you want would be boring and you would quit. Either because you were bored or because you couldn't cost justify how little you made because of the rampant botting.

Because there is something exciting about being a scared little bunny in woods filled with wolves...and getting away.

Because I cheer when the gankers get the bot or afk'r (even when the afk'r is an alliance mate). And that includes when I foolishly fall asleep at the keyboard in w-space ;/

Because I laugh when I get caught.

Because, and even, the game persona some people want to create would not be possible in losec or null so they have to do it in hisec. I'm sure they genuinely appreciate your help in fulfilling their dreams.

Because, if it was too rigid, you might never be tempted to try something new. I for one spent the first few years I played exclusively in hisec. Now, hisec makes me nervous, too many people.

Because, there isn't anything you could lose in Eve that can't eventually be replaced. And even losing is learning.

Fly [insert prefered flight dynamic here]
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#125 - 2013-10-18 13:31:34 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Good.

Enjoy minerals should be worth a fortune.Lol

They won't for me as I'll be mining them.
oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#126 - 2013-10-18 13:32:24 UTC  |  Edited by: oOReikaOo Michiko
Quote:

Which is what would happen if hisec becomes totally safe. Seriously, the massive amount of entitlement people like you have is why people hate hisec carebears.

Vs the huge amount of entitlement to destroying w/e the **** you feel like? Pot calling kettle...

Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#127 - 2013-10-18 13:32:34 UTC
The reason why the OP doesn't understand?

He's a clueless themepark carebear that's very confused about the nature of sandbox mmo-rpg games.

There is no such thing as "PvE" in this game, and shootings ships is not the "PvP" part of the game. EvE is not split in half like the simplistic kindergarten themepark mmo-rpg games you play.

In chaos theory, the butterfly effect is the sensitive dependence on initial conditions...

The sandbox is about player interaction, interaction that affects how other players play and interact with both the game and other players. What you do not get to do in the sandbox is decide who you will not interact with. You can choose to interact with player A, even if player A would rather not interact with you. They have little say in the matter. They can make an effort to avoid you, but that in itself is an act of interaction. You have forced them to recognize you, take heed of you. This is what makes the butterfly effect possible in EvE Online.

After the login, every game system involves some form of competitive interaction. For example, despite what themeparkers believe, missions and Incursions are a sandbox feature, the players doing it affect the economy and other players can invade the "dungeon" to steal loot, ninja salvage or even gank.

To sum it up, EvE Online it's the last of it's kind, an old school sandbox mmo-rpg game, that's the secret of it's longevity and that's why EvE Online will still be played 10 years from now.

The Tears Must Flow

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#128 - 2013-10-18 13:33:13 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Lady Areola Fappington wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

And, we reach the unavoidable end of the unrepentant carebear argument, "EVE is dying". Disregard the steady sub growth, EVE is/will die because of (insert thing I don't like).

2 years , we can revist this conversation in 2 years when SC comes out, and then 1 of two things will happen

or

You will go "****"

That's an "if" Star Citizen comes out. X Rebirth, on the other hand, has been out for less than a month but EVE is still limping along, not quite dead yet. I mean, X Rebirth is precisely the game that carebear miners are demanding, and yet EVE is still here, and I killed a miner yesterday, so they're still here too.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#129 - 2013-10-18 13:33:40 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Good.

And me

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Zane Lowe
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#130 - 2013-10-18 13:34:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Zane Lowe
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

Vs the huge amount of entitlement to destroying w/e the **** you feel like? Pot calling kettle...

Yes, wanting to PVP in a PVP zone in a PVP game is entitlement. That's a good,rational argument.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#131 - 2013-10-18 13:35:04 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

DEFEND THYSELF

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#132 - 2013-10-18 13:35:32 UTC
Too many responses, to fast, I can only reply to so many

Lady Areola Fappington
#133 - 2013-10-18 13:35:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Lady Areola Fappington
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

or

You will go "****"

Yup, SC is the EVE killer. Much the same way that SWTOR, STO, SL, DoaC, WoT, WoWP, MWO, CoH/V and other games have totally destroyed EVE's player base. THIS TIME, it'll be different!

I mean, I was around for the STO release. You couldn't swing a cat in the forums without hitting "Space-themed MMOG with consensual PVP and a well-developed backstory, this will DESTROY EVE!".

Hell, everyone said EVE would become a ghost town, just on the basis of it being ~Star Trek~.

We see how that worked out.

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Mythrandier
Solace Corp
#134 - 2013-10-18 13:35:44 UTC
Vaju Enki wrote:

To sum it up, EvE Online it's the last of it's kind, an old school sandbox mmo-rpg game, that's the secret of it's longevity and that's why EvE Online will still be played 10 years from now.

Not empty quoting, +1 Sir.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -  D. Adams.

Maaaaowm Ogeko
Pandemic Horde High Sec Division
#135 - 2013-10-18 13:35:56 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
[

Hon, CCP has a listing up for an Executive Producer for EVE on their corporate jobs site. Among the desired requirements is not experience with F2P or with downsizing to a lesser market but with expanding and keeping EVE geared towards being a "product as service". That's not an F2P model. Moreover, every whiney dissatisfied noob on any MMO I've ever set foot in always cries that _x_ company is going to go F2P/go out of business/whatever if that company doesn't do exactly what whiney dissatisfied noob wants.

And generally whiney dissatisfied noobs don't know what they're talking about, especially ones that do nothing but sit in their hangars staring at unused Hyperions.

oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#136 - 2013-10-18 13:38:27 UTC
Maaaaowm Ogeko wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
[

Hon, CCP has a listing up for an Executive Producer for EVE on their corporate jobs site. Among the desired requirements is not experience with F2P or with downsizing to a lesser market but with expanding and keeping EVE geared towards being a "product as service". That's not an F2P model. Moreover, every whiney dissatisfied noob on any MMO I've ever set foot in always cries that _x_ company is going to go F2P/go out of business/whatever if that company doesn't do exactly what whiney dissatisfied noob wants.

And generally whiney dissatisfied noobs don't know what they're talking about, especially ones that do nothing but sit in their hangars staring at unused Hyperions.

Its "hun" and I was refering to the fact if Eve loses its new playerbase to SC, CCP will have to do something to draw in new players, the most often played tactic, F2P model.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#137 - 2013-10-18 13:39:33 UTC
Vaju Enki wrote:

I think he does understand. What he doesn't do is ACCEPT. There are many like him.

I for one hate it when a person makes a post suggesting they are open to learning when they whole time they are set in their beliefs lol. It's basically lying.
oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#138 - 2013-10-18 13:39:37 UTC  |  Edited by: oOReikaOo Michiko
and for all the newfarts joining the convo, its well established im a chick , stop calling me he.

oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#139 - 2013-10-18 13:40:32 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Vaju Enki wrote:

I think he does understand. What he doesn't do is ACCEPT. There are many like him.

I for one hate it when a person makes a post suggesting they are open to learning when they whole time they are set in their beliefs lol. It's basically lying.

Read my first post again, I have no intention of agreeing with or being open to your side. It says it all at the bottom.

Frying Doom
#140 - 2013-10-18 13:40:33 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

That's an "if" Star Citizen comes out. X Rebirth, on the other hand, has been out for less than a month but EVE is still limping along, not quite dead yet. I mean, X Rebirth is precisely the game that carebear miners are demanding, and yet EVE is still here, and I killed a miner yesterday, so they're still here too.

Will say personally I did not like the look of X rebirth and have no intention of getting it.

As to star Citizen it just hit $23,000,000, their goal to be fully funded. The game still has over a year to release and the funding will continue.

In all honesty they will probably get more than a million this weekend. So no I think SC will be good and they update people on the progress every week via Wingman (a video blog) and then every month in the Jump Point magazine.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!