These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I for the life of me dont understand.

Author
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#21 - 2013-10-18 12:16:50 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

I read your code, its a bunch of rubbish. Its a screen for the fact you like pretending it is for the betterment of mankind.

I really wish one day every highsec player would quit... could u imagine the fallout from that? Why is it so hard for you to see what a detriment to this game it would be, why would you risk the current balance of this game and its continued exsistance just so you can have your way.

First of all, it is not MY code

I did not create it, but I concede to the fact it does make New Eden a better place

It has nothing to do with it being MY way

Let me ask you a question

If my chosen way to play the game

Was to become a Blood Raider

Would you still say I had no right

To take a miner's pod?

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2013-10-18 12:17:23 UTC
Sipphakta en Gravonere wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
If you push into Highsec your gonna lose casual non pvp players to other space games , especially Star Citizen. Sure you can go with the mentality "Haha leave noob" but lets face it , your economy, and CCP's income, largely comes from that sit around and do nothing playerbase.

Could you tell those people leaving that I very much would like to keep their stuff safe?

Quote:
Whos gonna mine all that ore for the ships to be made so you can keep blowing them up?
Whos gonna pay for all those expansions that you like getting free so much?
Whos gonna buy the plex and sell to you for ISK so you dont have to subscribe?

1. When mineral prices rise, more people will go mining because it will be worth more
2. What do you mean? Do you think that only miners pay to play this game?
3. Let me explain:

- A miner makes 15M ISK per hour and can dedicate 30 hours each month to this activity. He pays for his account with cash and has 450M ISK to spend on PvP ships. With no ganking, he has no operating expense.
- A high-sec incursion runner makes 80M ISK per hour and can dedicate 30 hours each month to this activity. He can buy a PLEX to pay for his game time and has 1.8B to spare for PvP. With no ganking, he only has to spend a little ISK for ammo.
- A PvP player makes 0 ISK per hour and can dedicate 30 hours each month to this activity. He pays for his account with cash and has to sell PLEX to the miner, missioner and incursion runners to keep him in PvP ships.

You see: There is no reason why a miner, missioner or incursion runner would need to sell a PLEX. Ever.

Assuming this is the case, reverse it then, where would the PVP'er sell to if there were no highsec miners?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfSDNPFCPfY

Mythrandier
Solace Corp
#23 - 2013-10-18 12:17:43 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Mythrandier wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

Countless threads on the issue...

Yet you still felt the urge to create another one.

Countless threads against Highsec, very few defending it

Did you, for even one second, think about why that is?

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -  D. Adams.

oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2013-10-18 12:18:49 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

I read your code, its a bunch of rubbish. Its a screen for the fact you like pretending it is for the betterment of mankind.

I really wish one day every highsec player would quit... could u imagine the fallout from that? Why is it so hard for you to see what a detriment to this game it would be, why would you risk the current balance of this game and its continued exsistance just so you can have your way.

First of all, it is not MY code

I did not create it, but I concede to the fact it does make New Eden a better place

It has nothing to do with it being MY way

Let me ask you a question

If my chosen way to play the game

Was to become a Blood Raider

Would you still say I had no right

To take a miner's pod?

I disagree with the code, I didnt say not to do it.. you wanna suicide gank miners fine, it hasnt stopped them from playing yet.

My issue comes with trying to get rid of highsec completely

oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2013-10-18 12:19:25 UTC  |  Edited by: oOReikaOo Michiko
Mythrandier wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Mythrandier wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

Only oldfarts on the forums?

*edit* not sure what your terminology for long time players is, so ill just use the one i remember

Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#26 - 2013-10-18 12:21:23 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
I would NOT derive any fun from having to always watch my back no matter WHERE I was with no safe zone.

No such zone exists. You could argue that you're safe docked up, but even then, you're vulnerable to being attacked in other ways.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#27 - 2013-10-18 12:21:24 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

I disagree with the code, I didnt say not to do it.. you wanna suicide gank miners fine, it hasnt stopped them from playing yet.

I didn't say you did

I have no wish to destroy high sec

You didnt answer the question

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Mythrandier
Solace Corp
#28 - 2013-10-18 12:21:56 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Mythrandier wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Mythrandier wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

Only oldfags on the forums?

Ahhhh, I see.

4/10 for getting me to reply. Well done Mr Troll, well done.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -  D. Adams.

oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2013-10-18 12:23:20 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

I didn't say you did

I have no wish to destroy high sec

You didnt answer the question

I didnt answer because i dont fully understand the question, are you asking if your playstyle was that of an npc pirate would I think you should be able to kill players in highsec?

If thats the question the answer is no, unless ur willing to be as weak as the pirates are meant to be.

Druthlen
The Carlisle Group
#30 - 2013-10-18 12:24:28 UTC
I'm a High sec Carebear and a low sec Cat and mouse PI'er. I watch local for ppl that have ganked before. Also if there is even a hint of gankage by the chars portrait I start D scanning. If they show up I dock. Look without that threat this game turns into a repetitive mine this or mine that. I enjoy evading the low secers and drinking thier tears as I warp out. They really feel robbed that they had a divine right to my kill mail. They didnt get it and they cry. I drink their tears, its awesome. I am good at what I do and I always have 1000km bms aligned to where I am going to warp into so I can insta warp out. Learn the game. There are tools to avoid getting killed/ganked. If you are afk you deserve to die.
oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2013-10-18 12:24:51 UTC  |  Edited by: oOReikaOo Michiko
Quote:

Ahhhh, I see.

4/10 for getting me to reply. Well done Mr Troll, well done.

I edited it , oldfarts is a term for old player or someone whos been playing a long time

oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2013-10-18 12:25:56 UTC
Druthlen wrote:
I'm a High sec Carebear and a low sec Cat and mouse PI'er. I watch local for ppl that have ganked before. Also if there is even a hint of gankage by the chars portrait I start D scanning. If they show up I dock. Look without that threat this game turns into a repetitive mine this or mine that. I enjoy evading the low secers and drinking thier tears as I warp out. They really feel robbed that they had a divine right to my kill mail. They didnt get it and they cry. I drink their tears, its awesome. I am good at what I do and I always have 1000km bms aligned to where I am going to warp into so I can insta warp out. Learn the game. There are tools to avoid getting killed/ganked. If you are afk you deserve to die.

No one wants to take that from you, why should you take that same awesome gameplay feeling from highsec?

Zane Lowe
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2013-10-18 12:26:58 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Mythrandier wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

Looking at the front page of general, I see three threads defending it and no threads attacking it. In fact, threads complaining that hisec isn't safe enough are far, far more common than threads attacking it, mostly because hiseccers tend to be very thin-skinned.
oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2013-10-18 12:28:01 UTC
Zane Lowe wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Mythrandier wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

Looking at the front page of general, I see three threads defending it and no threads attacking it. In fact, threads complaining that hisec isn't safe enough are far, far more common than threads attacking it, mostly because hiseccers tend to be very thin-skinned.

Thats because people keep attacking their way of play ... no one from highsec asking for lowsec to become more highsec? Why is the reverse true

Druthlen
The Carlisle Group
#35 - 2013-10-18 12:28:33 UTC
Wait who wants to get rid of high sec?
Maaaaowm Ogeko
Pandemic Horde High Sec Division
#36 - 2013-10-18 12:28:39 UTC
Druthlen wrote:

This guy gets it. Because he gets it and because he knows how to play the game, he is not a carebear.

OP, people go after carebears because they freak out, cry and rage, and do things like make forum threads like this one. It's funny. Also, sometimes going after people who don't know how to minimize the risk of attack can be extremely lucrative.

There you go. By all means, do continue to make a fool of yourself.

oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2013-10-18 12:29:57 UTC
Maaaaowm Ogeko wrote:
Druthlen wrote:

This guy gets it. Because he gets it and because he knows how to play the game, he is not a carebear.

OP, people go after carebears because they freak out, cry and rage, and do things like make forum threads like this one. It's funny. Also, sometimes going after people who don't know how to minimize the risk of attack can be extremely lucrative.

Defending a style of play isnt crying

Maaaaowm Ogeko
Pandemic Horde High Sec Division
#38 - 2013-10-18 12:31:04 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Maaaaowm Ogeko wrote:
Druthlen wrote:

Defending a style of play isnt crying

The way you do it, it is. Big smile

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#39 - 2013-10-18 12:31:23 UTC
Druthlen wrote:

This

oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

I didnt answer because i dont fully understand the question, are you asking if your playstyle was that of an npc pirate would I think you should be able to kill players in highsec?

If thats the question the answer is no, unless ur willing to be as weak as the pirates are meant to be.

So it is your opinion that capsuleers can't join factions? And cannot aspire to be as powerful as a "weak" NPC like Sansha Kuvakei?

That they should only apply to YOUR definition of a playstyle?

Aren't you being hypocrital then when you suggest that others are "forcing" you to play on their terms?

(Even though those terms are only and have only ever been; Defend Yourself and Your Livelyhood)

Also, The Covenant are not pirates, for your information

Zane Lowe
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2013-10-18 12:31:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Zane Lowe
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Zane Lowe wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Mythrandier wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

Thats because people keep attacking their way of play ... no one from highsec asking for lowsec to become more highsec? Why is the reverse true

No one is attacking anyone's way of play. Eve was designed so that you could be killed in any system. People are taking advantage of this, just like CCP intended. The bottom line is that the people want to make hisec less safe go in-game and do so. People who want to make the game more safe go on the forums and cry to CCP about it. That mindset of "CCP need to fix the game for me" instead of "I'll do something about it" is why hisec carebears get made fun of.